Whsmith Reviews

62% of reviewers recommend Whsmith

How would you rate Whsmith?

29 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
x

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Whsmith in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"dont bother paying £4.49 for first class delivery, when in hurry to get order... after 3 months still not even despatched. my order total was £60 and order missing worth £30, asked for first class delivery charge dropped - answer: but part of order was despatched withis 3 days (1st class - £2 card - having a laugh) so you are not getting refund. last order or shopping i done with whsmith, will never return again."
"Check out their clearance range on line. Great books at incredibly cheap prices. .free delivery too."
Scumbags Moved Us From Newent To Wales
"The books took a very long time to arrive, near 2 weeks,One was okay but the other was greatly overpriced at£26 for a small paperback, publish date 1999 that was sloppy in format,I would have thought £6 max was nearer the right price.The problem was trying to contact whsmith to return the book.After sending them an email explaining and sending the book back i heard nothing from whsmith at all.After a week i emailed them again with no response at all,2 more emails and 2 phone calls and another week later i finally got to speak to a young lady who said they had not managed to read all the emails due to sales pressure....that is after a week and a half.She did not have the book nor know why it had not been marked as returned either.She did refund though on the book in question...over 2 and a half weeks after i requested it.Customer service was dreadful,but I did get refunded eventually."
RITA WILLIAMS
"Always very quick at dispatching orders, and collecting books from instore."
"Very expensive company who have not yet learnt that you need to compete."
Julie
"Great offer on stamp stock books, collected from my local shop, no bother at all"
Wendy
"Initially couldn't pay for order online. Customer service was only open Mon to Fri 9 to 5 despite website being open 24/7 so couldn't finalise order. Was told to reorder on different device using different search engine another day wasted. Eventually ordered but took 4 days to arrive not 2/3 days as promised. Pretty awful definitely won't use website again. Local shop is ok though."
"Lovely staff (Bedford store) great selection with in store delivery available"
Sue Stroud
"Purchased 2 really good books for one of my Grandsons Christmas present on WW1 & WW2 he wants to be a history teacher and can't read enough."
Victoria Hilton
"good choice of greetings cards and helpful staff."
Guest
"Great price for the book I wanted, however when I went to track the status of my order - the tracking section of the website was down. Had to wait until W H Smiths emailed me to let me know the status of my order."
"I ordered a book a more than a week ago for the store delivery. It says it will come in 2-3 days. Still didn't receive it. When I contacted them, had to wait for an answer for more than one day, and after that all I got is 'it happens' and quote here 'I ask that you wait until the end of tomorrow for your order to arrive' . No apology, nothing. Asked for a refund. No replay. Will never shop there again."
Mrs Anna Appleby
"Great service. Knowledgable staff, tidy shop and personable service."
Mrs Anna Appleby
"Great service. Knowledgable staff, tidy shop and personable service."
"They had all I needed for my Daughter's school pencil case"
Mrs Beverley Cattell
"This company has a huge catalogue of goods and send orders well packaged and quickly. Excellent!"
Mrs Beverley Cattell
Craig Johnson
"Very helpful and feiendly staff."
"they had the exact things i required at great prices. the items i bought are extremely good and I love each and everyone of them"
Gaynor
"Good choice of books and offers on childrens books which means my two children now have 2 books each to read this summer! (anything that gets kids reading is great for me....)"
Whsmith is rated 3.66 based on 29 reviews