Whsmith Reviews

10PM
10PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Whsmith deliver?

How can I contact Whsmith?

About Whsmith: Online at WHSmith.co.uk, customers order from over 2 million books plus thousands of magazines gift packs, stationery products, gifts, toys and games.. With over 550 stores on the high street and 490 stores at airports, train stations, hospitals and motorway services, WHSmith is one of the UKs leading retail groups and a household name.

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Whsmith made you happy

Postal Service, Own Driver
"I think your staff at the Weston Favel store need to be selected to attend a customer service seminar."
Are you Whsmith? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ordered book for delivery to shop which was delivered quickly. Shame about the problem of getting the book in the shop as there was no information about where to collect the book from. Obvious choice is book counter, the book department being unmanned !!, so eventually went to main shop checkout and found they have the items delivered directly to store adjacent to main checkout tills."
"I purchased a beautiful children's encyclopedia for my granddaughter as 1 of her Christmas presents front cover now ruined by a sticker stuck on front of book and left it all marked"
"You do not even deserve 1 star. I have been writing to your customer care department on a number of occasions since 23 September 2018. I complained about a faulty product that I was sold. You initially answered to apologise and told me you would solve the situation....but no nothing happened! I have tried to communicate with you approx 6-7 times via email since then, but apart from you automated response I Hear no moreEx . I have requested my complaint to be forwarded to management- but that gets ignored as well. Absolutely shocking customer services WHSmIth"
"I was pleased with my coulard pens"
M
"How does WHSmith survive, books so overpriced but without the pleasure of shopping in a well laid out store like it's main high street competitor."
"Went to purchase printer ink and could not believe it was such a ripoff .£93 for Epson T1295 ink multipack is daylight robbery. I Went round the corner to our local computer shop ,which is not known for its cheapness and paid £63 The ink is available on Ebay for an average price of £37 .No wonder people are avoiding shopping there"
"SLOW Delivery still waiting Bought a pair of markers on line. because the price was more than reasonable , if you go to their stores cost nearly double ( RIDICULOUS ) is near a week and still no sign of been dispatched. walked to the shop ask if can help .. and the lady behind counter very stressed told me. nothing we can do, nothing we can do.. typical of bad customer service of WHSmith - This is Bridgwater Branch - never again for this company"
"I ordered a book (in stock) online on 01/07. I received an email saying it had been dispatched to store for collection on 04/07. 10 days later it was still not in store and having chased this over email it was apparently now in store. I picked up the book on 17/07, to then receive the email to say my book was in-store AFTER I had already collected it. Appallingly slow service. How can it take a delivery lorry 13 days to go from a depot to a main City Centre store. When I emailed Customer Services to chase the order, not a single word of acknowledgement or apology. Can't fault the staff in-store (even they acknowledged there have been many cases of very very slow online (in stock) orders being delivered to store)."
"Slow delivery, poor communication, censored review. No wonder WHSmiths is on the skids!"
"I have just been offered 1.03 Euros to the pound, when an independent currency shop close by was offering 1.10 for the same amount. I was buying £200 of Euros, which amounts to a difference of 14 Euros."
"Some good offers on, however the prices are too high compared to the Works or Waterstones."
"Cheaper online prices compared to in-store. Option to deliver order to store."
"Not enough staff around to help you when you need it, plus they are a little bit too pricey"
"Really good bookstore ,good selection of books and fast ordering service."
"Awful shop. The goods are poorly layout out, the prices are shockingly high and there seems to be far too few staff so you end up waiting for an excessive time. I can only assume the premium sites at stations and airports are very profitable as the High Street stores seem a disaster."
"Excellent service"
"dont bother paying £4.49 for first class delivery, when in hurry to get order... after 3 months still not even despatched. my order total was £60 and order missing worth £30, asked for first class delivery charge dropped - answer: but part of order was despatched withis 3 days (1st class - £2 card - having a laugh) so you are not getting refund. last order or shopping i done with whsmith, will never return again."
"Check out their clearance range on line. Great books at incredibly cheap prices. .free delivery too."
"The books took a very long time to arrive, near 2 weeks,One was okay but the other was greatly overpriced at£26 for a small paperback, publish date 1999 that was sloppy in format,I would have thought £6 max was nearer the right price.The problem was trying to contact whsmith to return the book.After sending them an email explaining and sending the book back i heard nothing from whsmith at all.After a week i emailed them again with no response at all,2 more emails and 2 phone calls and another week later i finally got to speak to a young lady who said they had not managed to read all the emails due to sales pressure....that is after a week and a half.She did not have the book nor know why it had not been marked as returned either.She did refund though on the book in question...over 2 and a half weeks after i requested it.Customer service was dreadful,but I did get refunded eventually."
Whsmith is rated 3.17 based on 46 reviews