Whitgift Hire Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Whitgift Hire

How would you rate Whitgift Hire?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

27 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Peter B

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Whitgift Hire in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
""I've been hiring vans from the Horsham office for over 20 years. The service from Alan South is always excellent and I have never been let down. The vehicles are always reasonably clean and ready when requested and being VWs are excellent to drive and very economical. Wouldn't think of going anywhere else. Thanks Alan!""
Jane Tharby
"Van was clean & tidy but they store your card details"
"Van was clean & tidy and reasonably priced but when I rang to find out where my refund was I was told they hold your card details on their computer as they type them in when you pick the vehicle up"
"I've hired 3 vans, all different sizes from the Horsham branch across the past 6 months. The service has been excellent from booking, over the phone and through email, through to collection and drop off. Great communication, easy to deal with, explain the paperwork and regulations well and no issues on return. Would definitely recommend and they would be my first option for future van hire in the area."
"We have hired a van from Whitgift about once a year for the last five years. The service is always consistently excellent. The staff are helpful and patient and the vehicles are in good order. Ok, you can't park there while you hire your van but its so conveniently located with excellent bus, tram and train links. When we need a van, Whitgift is our first call."
"Incredibly helpful. Made it easy as possible to conduct business. Would automatically go back to them whenever I needed to hire another vehicle. Great Job"
Martin F, Caterham, Surrey
Verified Reviewer
"Fantastic service - great vehicles - really nice and straightforward to deal with and highly recommended!"
"Hired a transit for the very first time with Whitgift Van Hire using the Croydon Branch, never ever hired or driven a van before but all the staff were extremely helpful from the moment I made the initial contact via the internet to the moment I came off hire. Thank you Croydon branch for such a great service I would certainly use again and recommend them."
Steve De Saulles
Verified Reviewer
"Used the Horsham branch 23/3 and was very happy with the service. Efficient, flexible and no unnecessary hassle. Van (Luton) was excellent. The manager of the site was a very nice guy to deal with. Would recommend."
Clive Phillips
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent rapid and responsive service. I arrived without my driving licence code (obtained online) but after going home to get it, the man at the desk processed my hire immediately on my return. The man showing me the van was very thorough in pointing out existing minor blemishes as recorded. The VW van with tail-lift was in a very clean and tidy state and drove well. I thoroughly recommend Whitgift Hire. Clive Phillips"
"Amazing Service, used the company when I needed a vehicle quickly for a party will definitely recommend"
Paul Palmer
Verified Buyer
"I was really impressed with quality of service of the team at Croydon - extremely helpful and just a really positive attitude. They called back promptly when I left a answer phone message, remembered my name on each occasion, very clear on terms of rental and even placed my bicycle in van whilst I was sorting paperwork. Deposit credited back immediately. I would unequivacably hire from them again."
Gloria Kekati
Verified Reviewer
"We hired a van from this company to move furniture from our holiday home in France. The company were really easy to deal with. they provided a registration number well in advance so that we could book our crossing. We had looked long and hard to find a company which would allow us to go abroad with the van. We almost booked with another company which looked like they owned their own vans but it turned out that they were merely middle men. on reading the small print of their site we realised they did not guarantee the vans availability on the day. Whitgift own their own vans which is why we chose them. the whole experience went extremely smoothly from start to finish. We would definitely use them again."
PIERRE DARQUENNE
Verified Reviewer
"I have rented a boxed van for four days to go to south of France and pick up my personal belongings. It was an easy and wonderful experience The team in Croydon is very professional and kind. The van was brand new and I have experienced absolutely not the smallest problem during my 1500 miles journey. The MPG was also great Finally I could return the van on a Sunday night and the location in Croydon is within walking distance a East Croydon station I would totally recommend Whitgift Hire"
James Forrest
Verified Reviewer
"I recently hired from the Croydon branch and was surprised at the friendliness and efficiency of the staff and the service provided, there competitors are often drab, unfriendly and take an age to do anything, you guys are a breath of fresh air. The cost was cheaper than most others, they did not push for extra insurance to bump up there takings and the van was clean and reliable. I will certainly be using them again in the future for van hire."
Mark Ethelston
Verified Buyer
"Fantastic that the Croydon branch is open on a Sunday... Really helped me out of a spot. Had a brand new VW Transporter with 91 miles on the clock! It was lovely to drive. Friendly and very efficient service. Would recommend Whitgift Hire to anyone."
George Shepherd
Verified Buyer
"I've used the Wimbledon branch twice and couldn't fault the service or van provided. Good value for money and straightforward pick-up and drop-off. Would thoroughly recommend"
Terry Doherty
Verified Buyer
"Used Whitgift in Croydon Jan 15 Good service, Reliable new vans, Competitive price. 5* rating"
Danny Gallagher
Verified Buyer
"As a regular van hirer who requires hired vans weekly in a consistently excellent condition, and as someone who occasionally hires from the competition in London, you can't beat Whitgift Van Hire (Mgr Andy), in Wimbledon, SW17 0BL for a no1 personal service, clean vans, vans that are available when you need them and most importantly a fair van hire price in this very competitive London van hire market. My 24/7 business would not exist for the past two decades without Mgr Andy and Whitgift Van Hire in Wimbledon. Mgr Andy goes out his way to provide the hired van that I need, he's super-friendly and will return my call promptly if I leave a voice message. Thanks Whitgift Van Hire! I cannot recommend Whitgift Van Hire enough they are the best van hire company in London."
Robin Farmer
Verified Buyer
"I have used the horsham branch on 3 different occasion and the service has been excellent . They deal with you quickly and efficiently when you are collect or return the van with none of the fuss or drama you can get with some of the more well know firms. I like the fact there is none of those hidden fee for insurance or mileage the price you are quoted is the price you pay."
Whitgift Hire is rated 4.85 based on 27 reviews