Which? Mortgage Advisers Reviews

79% of reviewers recommend Which? Mortgage Advisers

About Which? Mortgage Advisers: We search thousands of mortgages to find the one that is right for you.

mortgages@whichmortgages.co.uk

First FloorOne Castlepark Tower Hill

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Which? Mortgage Advisers made you happy

"Rang the freephone number, young man answered, didn't give me his name. I explained what advice I needed. He was very dismissive and within seconds told me it wasn't something they would help with. When I tried to explain further, he spoke over the top of me and it was as if he couldn't wait to get me off the line. I appreciate that he told me he couldn't help straight away so I wouldn't waste money going any further but from other sources I had been told this was something some lenders might agree to but he wasn't prepared to spend any time finding out. He just said that in HIS experience he had not heard about lenders doing this. Not a happy experience"
"Best of the BEST! Mortgage adviser Tom! I had absolutely great experience with Tom dealing my mortgage. Very Proffessional, very kind person, everything updated, quick response via phone and emails. Definetily RECOMMENDED! 5* OF 5 !! THANK You Tom and WHICH? Team! REGARDS Valentas S."
"Don't like their attitude. Bullies."
"Used Which mortgage Advisers services for remortgaging my buy-to-let property. The whole experience was very poor and service was nowhere near my expectations. In the end, I ended up lost my Which mortgage adviser's fee of around £250 to £350 (don't remember exactly) and not getting the mortgage product. Will never use their service again."
"At last I have found my password and can now leave the feedback I think Which deserves. I used your services to re-mortgage my home and despite me telling your advisor what I wanted, he did not carry out my instructions. My fault really, I thought I was dealing with an advisor with integrity but I was wrong and because I was too busy to scrutinise the deal I ended up not getting what I requested. But we live and learn . It will never happen again as I will never use your mortgage service again and I will ensure I tell my friends."
"Agree with the other reviewers who talk about slow service.... avoid at all costs if you want to progress your application with any expediency. Have been asked for repeat documentation and not had emails / calls answered. Would certainly not use again."
"Which Mortgage Advisers get paid both from the customer as well as the lender....the reason is that they provide the "best" mortgage available to the customer and also, do the legwork for the lender e.g., valuation and collection of the paperwork.....however, as they are not the lender, they delay the whole process by many weeks.....in our case, they have asked repeatedly for the same documents and also because of the delay, they had to ask bank statements and salary payslips again.....and this is before the lender examines the application!!!......would have been better to go straight to a lender or two after checking quickly mortgage rates online.......avoid if you want the job done quickly....."
"Poor customer service never returned calls most unhelpful advisers I have ever dealt with."
"Awful customer service, completely lacking in the personal touch and shockingly slow remortgage. Emails went unanswered, duplicate documents were repeatedly asked for despite already having them, delays were blamed on holidays, a completion date was not provided despite repeated requests until around one week prior to completion. They also abdicate themselves from any and all subsidiary legal services offered by their recommended mortgage provider. This was a major issue so due diligence checks are not being carried out. On complaining I had to wait 4 weeks for their investigation and despite agreeing the service was poor they offered a desultory £50 compensation off the final £200 fee. At this stage they had already received £299 from me and over £1200 from their approved lender. Further requests for telephone contact went unanswered. Eventually got an agent on the phone who rather like a second hand car sales man, kept me on hold whilst going back and forth to up their compensation offer to £100. Would give a wide berth if you are looking for speedy personal service, which after all is the reason we use brokers in the first place. Interestingly if i had received a positive experience and recommended their service they reward both you and the recommendee with up to £100 of John Lewis vouchers, shame they are not so quick to apologise when it comes to their failings. Not really in keeping with their consumer champion image. Again avoid, avoid, avoid!"
"I am in the process of remortgaging and by the time it is completed, it will have taken 16 weeks. It took less time to move house. The service has been absolutely shocking, which is really disappointing as I used Which a second time, after using them a couple of years before."
"They were a total waste of time. After an initial 55 minute call they said they wanted to call me back......a call that would take 2 hours. In any case they didn't even both calling This was the second time that I have tried to use this outfit, the first experience was just as bad. I put that down to the individual I was dealing with, but it is now clear having dealt this time with someone else, the company and there systems are shocking. You've been warned"
"Very pushy when it came to getting my business and extraordinarily incompetent once I'd agreed. The mortgages recommended were the same cost and fees (minus Which's fee) that came up on a well known search engine. It would have been considerably cheaper and less stressful to go directly to the lenders. Which Sent through the incorrect forms from lenders, lost documents, failed to respond to emails, and shockingly could not open PDF's. I would definitely not recommend this service to anyone."
"Poor communication from the beginning. The staff I had allocated never answered the phone I found them unhelpful. The service after I agreed the mortgage was even worse . I was left to do all the chasing myself. Was given dates for completion which were incorrect. To be honest it was a very stressful experience and I feel that the as soon as which mortgages took my fee in the early stages that was it and they were not interested in assisting with anything after that. I should have gone directly to the bank and avoided the fee"
"Computer says no! didn't take the time to ask me about ALL my future finances and possible options, his loss!"
"The Which mortgage advisor we were connected to was Nigel Williams. He was patronising on the phone and then didn't get back to me despite multiple emails. Nigel's behaviour is the kind of thing Which would usually be reporting on to warn consumers. Useless and a waste of our time, as we spent a good couple of hours getting the documents ready for him to review. If he couldn't help he should have at least replied."
"From the get-go it was apparent that Jon Logan was inexperienced and out of his depth. He had only recently passed his CEMAP exams and whilst I'd be willing to forgive that, he talked a lot about being "seasoned" (per LinkedIn) but in fact had very little grasp of the FCA guidelines and consumer protection. He became aggressive when questioned and I felt it was all about commission. Mickey Mouse advice overall. Not a pleasant experience."
"Completely ripped off. We were promised that our application was a certainty. At the worst we would get a refer. The adviser took our money, made the application (Which we now know could never of been successful) The building society turned down our application. The adviser shot off on holiday leaving us search around the office for reasons why. Don't be fooled by these guys they are sharks!! Matter is now been referred back to them for comment with the possibility of the FSA becoming involved and small claims court proceedings."
"The worst customer service I have received in the last 10 years of dealing with financial institutions. I accept that there will always be challenges when taking out a mortgage. What has made my experience so bad is the total lack of communication from the mortgage arranger. For a customer to be waiting for a callback and to then be told the following day when phoning yet again that the person has gone off on a course for the week is totally unacceptable. I was constantly waiting for calls to be returned and never once received an apology. If I hadn't already paid for this so called service I would have stopped the process within the first week due to the total lack of communication and poor resolutions."
"Initial service from the advisor (Sam) was excellent. Good product knowledge and a personable and understanding approach based on initial contact rating would have been 5*. However, the the case was taken over by an administrator (Sheryl) once the provisional product was selected. Contact and updates were minimal despite my request that I be updated with other products that might be of better value during the 5 months before I was due to remortgage in order to achieve the best rate. No updates despite emails. I completed on June 6th, however, no contact made re completion from Which, aside from the mortgage company. I should have been given on years free membership of Which magazine as part of the fee paid and have heard nothing. A shameful service for an expensive fee. I am disappointed that the brand name Which is associated with the standard of customer service provided."
"Spoke to an advisor for about 40 minites, she was really nice and I made an appointment to speak to her the following week during my lunchbreak at work. I booked a meeting room so I could answer all the DPA questions in quiet, waited 15 minutes and she didn't call. Quite unhappy as i'd informed her of the urgency, I called Which? again to try and get hold of this lady only to be told she wasn't available. Started speaking to the man who answered but this meant I had to start right from the beginning. He kept missing important things. His tone was really bored the whole time. The advisor kept saying 'you don't need to know that' when I was asking him what the interest rate was he said 'Between 4-5%', I askes; yes, but what exactly is the percentage and are there fees with Natwest?, 'You don't need to know that right now' was his answer. I hung up. I decided to give one last try and called back and spoke to a third advisor who was very helpful but I only had 10 minutes of my lunch left. He said he'd send me the mortgage breakdown by the end of the day for me to look over and then he'd give me a ring back. 3 days later it arrived via email; no call back from Adam. Would definitely not recommend. If this is how they can treat you before they take your money off you, how will they treat you when you've paid the £250 application fee??"
Which? Mortgage Advisers is rated 4.24 based on 302 reviews