Which? Mortgage Advisers Reviews

First FloorOne Castlepark Tower Hill

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Which? Mortgage Advisers made you happy

"Used Which mortgage Advisers services for remortgaging my buy-to-let property. The whole experience was very poor and service was nowhere near my expectations. In the end, I ended up lost my Which mortgage adviser's fee of around £250 to £350 (don't remember exactly) and not getting the mortgage product. Will never use their service again."
Are you Which? Mortgage Advisers? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"At last I have found my password and can now leave the feedback I think Which deserves. I used your services to re-mortgage my home and despite me telling your advisor what I wanted, he did not carry out my instructions. My fault really, I thought I was dealing with an advisor with integrity but I was wrong and because I was too busy to scrutinise the deal I ended up not getting what I requested. But we live and learn . It will never happen again as I will never use your mortgage service again and I will ensure I tell my friends."
"Which Mortgage Advisers get paid both from the customer as well as the lender....the reason is that they provide the "best" mortgage available to the customer and also, do the legwork for the lender e.g., valuation and collection of the paperwork.....however, as they are not the lender, they delay the whole process by many weeks.....in our case, they have asked repeatedly for the same documents and also because of the delay, they had to ask bank statements and salary payslips again.....and this is before the lender examines the application!!!......would have been better to go straight to a lender or two after checking quickly mortgage rates online.......avoid if you want the job done quickly....."
"Awful customer service, completely lacking in the personal touch and shockingly slow remortgage. Emails went unanswered, duplicate documents were repeatedly asked for despite already having them, delays were blamed on holidays, a completion date was not provided despite repeated requests until around one week prior to completion. They also abdicate themselves from any and all subsidiary legal services offered by their recommended mortgage provider. This was a major issue so due diligence checks are not being carried out. On complaining I had to wait 4 weeks for their investigation and despite agreeing the service was poor they offered a desultory £50 compensation off the final £200 fee. At this stage they had already received £299 from me and over £1200 from their approved lender. Further requests for telephone contact went unanswered. Eventually got an agent on the phone who rather like a second hand car sales man, kept me on hold whilst going back and forth to up their compensation offer to £100. Would give a wide berth if you are looking for speedy personal service, which after all is the reason we use brokers in the first place. Interestingly if i had received a positive experience and recommended their service they reward both you and the recommendee with up to £100 of John Lewis vouchers, shame they are not so quick to apologise when it comes to their failings. Not really in keeping with their consumer champion image. Again avoid, avoid, avoid!"
"From the get-go it was apparent that Jon Logan was inexperienced and out of his depth. He had only recently passed his CEMAP exams and whilst I'd be willing to forgive that, he talked a lot about being "seasoned" (per LinkedIn) but in fact had very little grasp of the FCA guidelines and consumer protection. He became aggressive when questioned and I felt it was all about commission. Mickey Mouse advice overall. Not a pleasant experience."
"Poor customer service never returned calls most unhelpful advisers I have ever dealt with."
"Cannot rate Asad Khiani highly enough! From start to finish Asad was really helpful and explained everything to us that we needed to know. He looked into multiple options of how we could get the best mortgage possible, advised us clearly on what was needed from us and how the process was going to work. Asad was very quick to advise us on the stamp duty change in price the day before we completed saving us £5k!"
"The Which mortgage advisor we were connected to was Nigel Williams. He was patronising on the phone and then didn't get back to me despite multiple emails. Nigel's behaviour is the kind of thing Which would usually be reporting on to warn consumers. Useless and a waste of our time, as we spent a good couple of hours getting the documents ready for him to review. If he couldn't help he should have at least replied."
"The worst customer service I have received in the last 10 years of dealing with financial institutions. I accept that there will always be challenges when taking out a mortgage. What has made my experience so bad is the total lack of communication from the mortgage arranger. For a customer to be waiting for a callback and to then be told the following day when phoning yet again that the person has gone off on a course for the week is totally unacceptable. I was constantly waiting for calls to be returned and never once received an apology. If I hadn't already paid for this so called service I would have stopped the process within the first week due to the total lack of communication and poor resolutions."
"Very concerned that some so-called best buys are rated very poorly by actual users. On several occasions, I have bought things on the basis of their being a Which? Best Buy, only to find either they didn't work at all (Humax set top boxes), or were very poor/unreliable. This prompts me to question the value for money of my subscription"
"Poor is a bit harsh but reviews tend to be a bit light & not as comprehensive as they SHOULD be & include items tested too long ago to be relevant or or indeed some too often. Comparisons are not like for like par example: how can you sensibly equate products reviewed as long ago as 2009 with ones tested 5 or more year later. By 5 years they are irrelevant - but they do! Also one gets the feeling that reviewers have favourite makes that get tested more often than others and that treat the whole thing a bit too light heartedly. Add to that that newsletter links and links on the website often don't work, it's all a bit much. So, as they say, how does this make out. Well, other members (yes more than one) I know have given up on Which? because they 'could no longer rely on what they say'. And I know how they feel. Come on Which? get serious and meaningful again."
"We are not first time buyers, but after the headache of dealing with our first mortgage ourselves, we decided to use Which? Mortgage Advisers this time. Grace and Chris, who dealt with our case, had a great knowledge of the market and were able to advise us on the the best option. They were always an email or call away, promptly replying to our questions and queries. We would recommend them wholeheartedly. Thank you Grace and Chris for all your help!"
"i was first time buyer, Stephen and his team at sunderland branch was really helpful as I didn't know where to start,i want to thank them for all the help they gave me."
"I must say that giving 5 stars is the only way to express how helpful Nigel Williams and Rita Koehler are. Starting with superstar Nigel who has helped me with the roller coaster changes which I faced with my lender throughout the application process of my first mortgage and Rita keeping me informed as well with every step all the way. I am more than thankful to both of them for helping me out with my application process, thanks to both of them - my application has been approved with the right figures through my lender and I am not going to have to worry regarding any financial hiccups."
"We only proceeded as far as getting a mortgage in principle with Which?. We were surprised that they didn't have a secure system to send personal information which could be used in ID theft. As they also receive commission from any lender, we decided to go with a fee-free mortgage adviser with a secure process, as it felt unnecessary to spend £500 to apply for a mortgage that other companies complete fee-free ( we are aware that they are also receiving commission)"
"Agree with the other reviewers who talk about slow service.... avoid at all costs if you want to progress your application with any expediency. Have been asked for repeat documentation and not had emails / calls answered. Would certainly not use again."
"Good unbiased information"
"Just completed a re-mortgage as we needed to release funds to add an extra bedroom to our property. From the initial questionnaire, searching for the best mortgage product that suited our needs, through to completion, the process was made so easy. We cannot recommend Mark Denty and Kayleigh Aspinall enough. Their help, guidence and support was invaluable."
"I've had the most amazing team helping me throughout the whole purchase process. Mark (the adviser) and Ashleigh (the coordinator) have been the most patient, understanding, friendly and helpful people I could wish for in what for me, being a first time buyer, seemed like a twisted and extremely complicated process. I could not thank them enough."
"Keith timbrell was an excellent help . I was a first time buyer and he was a great help . He went full lengths to get me a good mortgage . I ended up with a good first time mortgage through Keith and I'm very pleased"
Which? Mortgage Advisers is rated 4.25 based on 303 reviews