Weight Loss Resources Reviews

of reviewers recommend Weight Loss Resources
Read Weight Loss Resources Reviews

tracey.walton@weightlossresources.co.uk

Unit 2C, Flag Business Exchange, Vicarage Farm Road

It helps me feel in control.
Thanks for your review Glyn!

Nice to hear wlr is helping you feel in control :)

Good luck with your goals.

Best wishes, Rory - Help Team
I love WLR, it does what it says on the tin !
Thanks for your great review Jean!

Good luck with your goals...

Best wishes, Rory - Help Team
This the only way to shed those pounds, WLR has never failed me yet. Super back up and once set up, is so easy to use. As a returning customer of quite a few years now, I have no fears or recommending WLR to anyone.
Thanks for your great feedback Steve!

Good luck with your goals and if you need anything along the way please let us know!

Best wishes, Rory - Help Team
Love it. Really simple to use. The create your own recipe feature is key for me as I cook from scratch every day. Being able to copy items from one day to another is really useful too. Also love the exercise log. After many failed attempts at calorie counting I feel I’m on my way to success at last with the help of war.
Hi Sue

Thanks for your lovely feedback :)

Glad you're finding the tools useful.

Good luck with your goals and do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes, Rory - Help Team
It's a bit early as I've only just joined but I do appreciate the list of foods and their calorific value value. Could we encourage the manufacturers/suppliers to do the same?
Hi Valerie,

Thanks for taking the time for a review , especially so early in your membership.

Interesting to see your comment re manufacturers/suppliers. We find a huge variance in response to our requests for information - some are fantastic and will send comprehensive files, others don't even seem to be aware that the info must exist!

Obviously here at wlr we believe that access to calorie and nutrition info is crucial - especially for people who are trying to manage their weight.

Anyway, thanks again for your review, I hope that wlr helps you achieve your goals in the coming months.

Best wishes, Tracey, Weight Loss Resources
Thanks for your comment Valerie. It's interesting that you mention suppliers and calorie information - we're currently working on materials to encourage the push for calories on restaurant menus. Many have single meals that are as much (or more) than the average person needs in a whole day. Since these numbers are not readily available we don't really get the opportunity to make an informed choice.

I hope you find wlr helpful in reaching your goals.

Best wishes, Tracey, WLR
Easy to use but more importantly it works. If used correctly you will see positive results.
The name Weight Loss Resources should be replaced with weightlossology!
Thanks for your review Michael!

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
I've used WLR before and always found it very effective but the mobile phone app is brilliant. Especially useful is the barcode scanner as i can scan something at work or in the kitchen without needing to remember to add it afterwards or to look up the nutritional info online. A very handy tool - and it works too! Keep up the good work.
Many thanks for your review Karen :)

Glad you are enjoying the mobile web app and barcode scanner.

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
Really brilliant website. So easy to use, very motivating and I love the food diary and goals sections. It has opened my eyes to portion control. I also love how nothing is banned.
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review.

It really does open your eyes to portion control!

Glad you like the website :)

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
WLR is absolutely brilliant. I first used it about 12 years ago when you kept the food diary in a book, and it was effective then. I'd been using myFitnesspal before switching back to you, and it was pretty hopeless, mostly I think because it's not targeted to weight loss. I've also used Weight Watchers, which went well for a while, but I dislike their despotic approach in forcing people to shift to whatever their latest money-making plan is. I like the WLR challenges, I like how it syncs with my fitbit, and I like how it's UK-centric. If I need to lose a few pounds, I know that if I do WLR and log all my foods, then I'll get there - there's no 'grey areas' or possibility it won't happen, and it's great to have that kind certainty in life. Love you WLR, don't you go changing!
Thanks for your amazing review Lisa. We're so happy that you are happy with the service we provide. We don't have any plans to change the way we work.

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
There is so much helpful information and logging the food you have, The particular brand, with the weight, gives such an accurate picture of what you are actually eating! I am losing on average 2lb per week and am very happy with that. Thank you!
Thanks for your review Lyn :)

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
Easy to use and quickly gets you into using the app because of its user friendly features for calories and exercise. The only negative is that the calories on the app don’t coincide with the calories given on the machine. I use the calories from my crosstrainer as they are less than the ones given on the app. There is quite a big difference.
Hi, thanks for your review.

I'm sorry to hear that the calories on the machine are not on par with the calories quoted from the wlr exercise database. Can I ask whether you have entered your height, weight, age, sex etc into the machine as this will have an effect on the number of calories you are given.

The wlr exercise database is specific to you and therefore will be as accurate as possible without the use of a heart rate monitor.

If you need any further help with this, please let us know :)

Best wishes, Rory - Helpteam
Always reliable and helpful. The food and exercise diary is the best produced. Other weight loss organisations frequently change their programmes and rebrand but at the end of the day it is down to eating less calories and moving more.
Thanks for your review Margaret :)

You've hit the nail on the head there - it is very much about moving more and eating less!

So glad to read that you are happy with our service!

Best wishes, Rory, Helpteam
I’ve been with weight loss resources for a few years now, but the last year I’ve been doing a low carb diet as well as watching calories, with great success. WLR is invaluable for keeping tabs on the nutrition side of the diet as well as calories. It’s a way of life now and I don’t feel in control unless I’m using all the information available. Thank you WLR!
Thank you for your lovely review Sue, nice to hear from a wlr veteran - glad that wlr is helping you keep tabs, and hopefully within your goal range 🏅 Yours is a great example of customising the tools to suit yourself, as you know it takes a little time to be able to do that, but is worth it.

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
Great tools, especially the food log, and a wise, helpful community who want to help.
Thank you for your comments Anon, lovely to hear good things about the wlr community🤸‍♀️

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
I find having the pie chart, rather unfortunate name, so I call it the ‘wheel’ it makes me balance my eating because you can see at a glance if a certain food is going to take me over the desired quota.

So no food is barred but it is easy to see what would be a better choice. This is unique and that is why I find this is the best way forward for me.
🤣 I've never actually thought about the pie chart in that way - it made us all laugh - well spotted Jan. (Not sure if we'll attempt to rename - but I'll never be able to look at it again without smiling.)

Anyway, glad to hear it's working for you. Thank you very much for your lovely review, - and the smile 😁

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
I’ve resisted using this platform for so long but it makes the weight loss journey a lot easier and for the first time in a long while I’m actually seeing movement on the scale
Hi Elizabeth, thanks for your comment - and for giving wlr a go. Really happy to see it's helping - well done on your weight loss 👏

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
I really only use the data recording and analysis facilities but I recognise the value of the recipes, the encouragement stories and the experience articles for those for whom these are important.

I find the data recording very easy to keep up, easy to update (needs rectifying) or upload (doesn't yet exist in you database) and I find the analysis statistics and presentation perfect for my needs. I have developed my own processing system (spreadsheets, graphs, averages) to suit my own motivational characteristics and these are readily created with your output data.
Thank you very much for your informative review John. I'm intrigued by the spreadsheet system you have set up - it would be really interesting to see the what kinds of data you are surfacing if you don't mind sharing. There may be ways of making this more accessible for you and I'm pretty sure there would be other members who like to get deeper into their data 🤔

Anyway, thanks again - all the best for reaching your goals.

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
Gives you all the tools you need to take control of your eating and exercise whilst still being able to cook from scratch and feed a family
Thanks for your review Elaine, glad to hear that wlr is fitting in with family life - it's not easy being chief cook for everyone 👩‍🍳

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
The site is a great weight loss tool and allows you to be in control and supported on your own terms. You can engage as much or as little as you like so long as you do the food diary! The plans can make logging a lot quicker and the mobile 'cockpit' is very motivating! I have lost over 4 stone so far and genuinely don't believe that I could have achieved it without WLR!
Hi Susan, thank you very much for your lovely review - and tips for other members! You're right - food diary is key to all. Glad to hear that it's going well for you, and well done on your impressive weight loss👏😁

Best wishes, Tracey - Helpteam
PS Apologies for the tardiness of my reply - bit of a mix-up over who's checking in here during holiday period!
Have tried other weight loss companies and diets, but for me, this is the only one that works. Calorie counting, many many foods listed, exercise calories used based on current weight, great discussion threads, support and a graph to show you how well you are progressing. Easy to use, great value for money and would recommend giving it a go.
Hi there Fay, thank you very much for your review and recommendation. It's good to hear that you are finding wlr is easy to use and is working for you.

Wish you all the best for reaching your goals 👍

Weight Loss Resources is rated 4.72 based on 113 reviews