Webuybooks Reviews

of reviewers recommend Webuybooks

Tell us how Webuybooks made you happy
The courier didn't show up on the allotted date, so I stayed in on a sunny Saturday for nothing, and then had to change around everything I was doing on Sunday so that I could stay in on Monday. When one turned up on Monday morning he told me that there hadn't even been a booking made for the Saturday; it had been made for the Monday from the beginning, even though everything I'd been sent clearly showed the Saturday. After that I heard nothing and had to chase it up a couple of times to actually get the money, because the courier still hadn't passed it on to WBB 10 days later (you might be thinking "but this is a review of the courier, surely?", and yes, it is, but this isn't the first time it's gone this exact same way, with the courier claiming the appointment was for a later date, followed by them just not passing the parcel on. At some point WBB has to take the hit for continuing with such an unreliable company). The rest was fine, but losing an entire day and a half to a pick-up, having to change around my whole weekend, and then having to chase the payment, isn't the 'easy, quick, and stress free' experience they like to claim their service is.
Hello Leanne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear you had trouble with the collection. We will look into why this has happened on more than one occasion. We want our customers to have a good selling experience and want it to be a quick and stress free experience. We hope you will continue to trade with us and it will be a better experience in the future.

WeBuyBooks
I got payed quickly,but £11 for 30 odd dvds in perfect condition is an insult, so we buy books haven't done me any favours.
Hello John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We do regular checks to ensure we are offering competitive prices for the items sold to us, items are sold to us subject to our customers acceptance of prices offered, there is an option to reject any prices you are not happy with, I am glad to hear you received your payment quickly.

WeBuyBooks
pay the lowest possible (15p!!) for new cd's; wouldn't recommend.
Hello Glen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the price offered. We regularly do checks to ensure we are offering competitive prices. As it is calculated by the demand in the marketplace, I'm afraid it means that the demand for the CD is low and that there are many copies readily available on the marketplace already.

WeBuyBooks
Not a lot of money for a lot of effort
Will give to charity shop next time
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

We buy items based on the demand for them in the marketplace.

If you do decide to check the prices of more books in the future, we have a hot list of genres for which we pay better prices and tend to accept more as follows...

• Food/cookery books,
• Arts and crafts books,
• Text books,
• History books,
• Travel guides.

I hope this helps.

WeBuyBooks
Second time let down with Bonus offer, When you apply when selling the entry box is feint, and you type in and nothing happens. This time a £31.00 odd deal failed to deliver the extra 10% NOT THE FIRST TIME...
Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. There is no error on the voucher adding option on the website or app, if you have ever missed adding your voucher, you can contact us with your offer ID and we will happily add the extra on for you before the payment goes through.

WeBuyBooks
Books picked up on time but still haven't been paid. Hoping it's just the Christmas delay!
I use a selection of online book cd and DVD selling sites with stock from house clearances. Webuybooks unfortunately offer the lowest price for books compared to the other sites I use but they do buy some the others do not want. Which makes them useful.

The scanning software they use is ok compared but won't let you imput non uk isbn numbers mainly Cn numbers.
I've sold through WBB before and have had a great experience. On my latest sale, however, they queried the quality of one of the books. As it happens it was the most valuable which was suspicious. The options for a seller when they already have the books in their possession are limited.
Webuybooks is rated 4.70 based on 6,331 reviews