We Buy Any Car Reviews

of reviewers recommend We Buy Any Car
Telephone
Read We Buy Any Car Reviews

About We Buy Any Car:

We're the UK's largest car buying service and have helped over 2 million customers to sell their car since 2006. Our simple three step process provides our customers with a quick, easy, safe and convenient way of selling their car. Free from the hassles of private sale and the inevitable haggle of part-exchange. But believe it or not, we do more than just buy cars.

With over 700 employees and over 350 branches nationwide, we're a pretty big team and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Tell us how We Buy Any Car made you happy
Was offered 4k for a 33k 16 plate Seat Mii

when i got there (North Shields branch) after inspection was offered £3400.

I asked for keys-what price were you after i was asked-you offered 4k my reply, buts thats on your condition report was the answer.

No scratches on alloys, no tears in trim no dints-yes a few stone chips & yes there will be scratches but its a 4 year old car.

Waste of my time, dont bother
Shocking service from this company. Received a valuation of £1,200 for my car Audi. I had been warned about them and regretted visiting my local Shrewsbury depot the minute I arrived. The member of staff couldn't even say a simple hello. He was incredibly rude with no customer skills whatsoever and offered me £218. He couldn't have cared less. Was brilliant at making me feel awful. I went to sell my car for £1,000. Don't waste your time like I did.
When I arrived with my car to be valued at my local Shrewsbury depot the member of staff didn't even greet me with a simple hello. No manners or people skills whatsoever. He then offered £218 for my Audi. It's 14 years old so not worth much but considerably more than that. I left feeling very badly treated. Then sold it for £1,000. Would never recommend.
Not a good experience at Halifax.
WBAC upped valuation afer second enquiry. Face to face valuation dropped this by close to £1000 due to couple of minor scratches.
Valuer was negative at every stage. Seemed determined to find criticism at every stage.
Stay away is my advice.
Online valuation £2250 for a 60 reg Vauxhall Insignia, took it wbac at bulwell nottingham. After an 'inspection' was offered £1555 because of a couple of slight blemishes (it is a 10 year old car with 86,000 miles). When I told the 'valuer' I was part exing it tomorrow for 2k he said is there anything I can do to secure a sale, I said yes give me 2k for my car. This is the first and last time I will use wbac and the like.
Don't Waste your Time
I was quoted about 50% of the cars value on line subject to an inspection. As this was only 2 mins away I went along. The inspection lasted about 30 seconds which consisted of walking around the vehicle, starting the engine ensuring no warning lights were on. After stating the car was in excellent condition, he said lets go back to the office. He typed something in the computer and then stated a new price, which was half of the online quote. So that meant they offered me about 25% of the value. I told them to forget it. I took some photos when I got home and put these on Gumtree. Sold the car for the asking price in 2 days
Moral .. This company will rip you off. Spend a few minutes and see the rewards you achieve.
Complete joke and a waste of time. Offered £1,350 less than the online valuation based on tiny stone chips and blemishes. They didn't even drive the car. The online value is just a con to get you through the door. Avoid at all costs.
Valuation insult £150 for 99 S Type Jaguar 123.4k miles good condition excellent runner
same as other reviews really - reasonable quote ,than 60 percent reduction based on bizarre statements of the obvious...car age and miles ; which of course were on the form. Unless you have an unusually mint condition car and are desperate -shamsters to avoid really !!
WORST company ever!!!!! We got our online quote for £1445; arrived on time for our 5pm appointment where they were running 45 minutes late. Then after they looked at the car offered us £800!!!!!!! The slightest marks on the car are categorised as 'body work'. DO NOT USE THEM...they are a DISGRACE!
"Nit picking" total lack of flexibility. Phantom stone chips on a pristine car. Perhaps being addressed by name rather than "mate" would have helped a little.
Do not recognise my cars - should be called we buy some cars.com if they are less than X years old
Had heard all the negative talk about this company but wanted to find out for myself.
Do not go near them they are a total disaster. We travelled a distance of 160 miles round trip.
Didnt ask for identification. Was told it would be outside.No inside a dingy grubby office.Offered £900 less than quoted.
Would love to get in touch with Philip Schofield.Anyone know how?Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!
As recorded by others the quote they gave was just bait to reel you in , they then play like a sap with a load of tosh of how they have found all these issues to devalue your car even though you may have been upfront and pointed them out on line.I was even told that my V5 document being the old blue top was a reason the computer deducted money The guy was obviously playing to a script. I did try to haggle and I suggested I would take the car away and sort out the V5, this prompted him to go back to his computer to press some buttons and come back with a slightly better offer with some laughable comment and waving of hands to say he had adjusted the V5 issue so it was no longer an issue!. By this time Iwas thoroughly hacked off accepted his final offer then to realise that this time he had not deducted the £49 admin fee. Felt a right plonker. Price was about 40% below original offer. My advice is stay clear or be prepared to walk away they do react when you try to back out but rather intimidatingly the take have your documentation and keys in to their office which is off putting if you just want to get your stuff and go. Wish I had found this site earlier I realise now what to expect. It is difficult to get the bad taste out of your mouth and get over the feeling of being so easily manipulated. So whatever you do have a back up plan so you can walk away . I have learnt a good life lesson if something looks too good to be true it is a SCAM. Do not use them
Unreliable ,unprincipled and absolute thieves,
Avoid and use a reputable company!
Just don’t go near them they are so dodgy what a bunch of dodgers
Pence office. Is a mess
You mislead. You say my car is worth X then I turn up prepared to get X - £49.99 and you offer me X - £49.99 - most of the money you originally offered. Having read many of your reviews it would appear that this is your modus operandi. How interesting. It would appear they are just dishonest. Who would have thought?
Waste of my time. From online valuation of £750, I wasted 1.5h to find out that they can only pay me £180 !!!!!!!! Avoid them for your own good.
Valuation £2850. Reasonable minimum after other quotes £2000 at least. 87K Miles diesel vg condition DS3. Turned engine on. Counted the blemishes which we know dealers can mask. Offer £901. Would do me a favour £1301. Had to laugh. 🤡
Initial offer of circa £900 for an 05 Jag Xtype. Saw the lad at Penge who said car was in very good condition and then went on to say actual offer was £310! Jokers! Don't waste your time with these amateurs.
We Buy Any Car is rated 1.22 based on 185 reviews