Waveney River Centre Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Waveney River Centre
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
customer service
Jenny Andrews
"Beautiful location with excellent lodges and facilities"
K M Glencross
"Love this place, I had an unfortunate accident on my way into the park and hit the kerb and completely destroyed one side of my motor mover, luckily they had a great team of engineers who took the time to put things right the reception staff where super to. After putting our caravan right and going the extra mile to help us we went on to have a great holiday, it was an amazing place and we had a superb holiday there, free swimming pool, free games room an amazing pub and a shop on site, my only problem was there is no cash machine there. That aside it’s got amazing views and a great park for kids and lots of great walks and lots of stuff for everyone and all ages. Thank for making our holiday a great one."
David Grace
"Well.. What a lovely weekend we have just had at Waveney River Centre. It poured with rain all weekend but mattered not a jot! Fabulous site with attentive friendly staff in a stunning location. Thanks we will be back xx"
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Fantastic time, just chilled out after Xmas. Extremely friendly staff, lodge immaculately clean,food second to none. We have even spoilt ourselves with a massage every week, absolute heaven!! We would love to come back for summer sun. Thank you"
Thanks so much for a great review! We're glad you had such a nice time, and look forward to seeing you again!
"The site was on the whole ok however the pitch Kingfisher 1 that we were pitched on was less than satisfactory. At the time of the booking I did explain my wife was unstable on her legs due to a stroke and as such so she has limited mobility. The pitch was the furthest away from the toilet block and even further from the shower facility. The pitch was so uneven I was having to try and prop the step to make it stable. After a couple if days I found one of the crew cutting the hedges so I asked him for some gravel to try and make the step stable. He brought two small buckets which did the job for the step. When I asked for some more he said he could not get any more The rest of the pitch was very uneaven and you could not walk on it without shoes .... My wife could not walk on it at all unaided This ruined our experience at the site especially for the cost of the pitch... I have attached some photos showing the plastic hexagon pertruding. .. I would appreciate some feedback"
"Very disappointed with our stay in our caravan in August, bearing in mind we paid £50 per night for a fully serviced Kingfisher pitch. Reasons being: -Pitch was unkept-foliage surrounding pitch had not been cut back and the very small patch of grass within the pitch was full of weeds and was never cut! -The pitch was advertised as being able to accommodate a caravan, Awning and car, this was absolutely impossible. Also,directly in front of the pitch there was a road/track which was extremely dangerous for young children! -You are restricted as to where you could walk as there was no access to the riverbank outside of the site(which is not mentioned in the website)unless you take your ferry boat across the river at a cost of £3 per person! One of main reasons I chose the site was for fishing on the river, and apart from fishing off your Quay after 5:30pm and a tiny inlet where the best spot(Anglers corner was rented out as a private tent pitch!!) fishing was a non event. On your website it is not made clear just how hazardous and stressful it is to tow a caravan along a long stretch of single track road in order to get to your site. Although there are some passing bays, these are only appropriate for vehicles that are not towing! I have been caravanning for many years and your site does not offer value for many."
"We were disappointed, the lodges overlooked each other so blinds had to be down all the time for privacy, the hot tub was lovely but again was not private. Really cross - Wi-fi, what wi-fi one of my main options for the holiday, 5 seconds if you were lucky does not count in my book as wi-fi. Down a long single track lane to the middle of nowhere, very disappointed teenagers!"
"Great location but let down by the lack of basic essentials and appalling customer service. We had modest expectations, especially as we had chosen a pet-friendly lodge and were initially impressed with its spacious interior. However we quickly realised that our luxury lodge would not live up to its description. The ample wardrobe space was useless without hangers, the fridge was missing a shelf making it hard to store drinks, the bathroom door locked itself if closed on exit so we had had to wedge it open to avoid being locked out and there were no comfortable outdoor chairs for relaxing and enjoying the view. There was also a lack of basic kitchen equipment such as mugs and glasses and we even had to buy a frying pan. But worst of all was the smell. The pungent stench in the master bedroom was sickening and seemed to come from the carpet. We put up with this for a couple of nights, using air fresheners and shake n vac. We then asked reception for help as it was ruining our holiday. The friendly lady on reception seemed surprised and assured us that they would sort out the smell and the faulty door lock. But nothing was done. So I submitted an online complaint to our Hoseasons booking agency and received an encouraging phone call the next day to advise that the site manager would be in touch. Unfortunately this did not happen and we were left feeling very disappointed. Such a shame as this could be a really nice place. With some care and attention to the holidaymakers' experience, these issues could be resolved with relatively minimal expense, but it seems that no-one could be bothered to invest the time to care."
"We turned up and found no electricity in the whole place , we struggle to get water as there was no tap on our motor home pitch The barman refused to take our cash because the till was electric! We found another place and phoned for a refund And you haven’t Evan phoned us back ! So you have charged us for not staying ! This place is not fit for purpose ! Regards Paul Drew"
Sorry that you arrived in the middle of a power cut Paul. The power went off without warning in the whole area. Despite numerous promises to get the power back on before tea time, UK Power Networks finally had to bring generators in the middle of the night. This really was not our fault. The reason there was no tap on your pitch was that you didn't book a pitch with a tap - we have fully serviced pitches (electric, water, grey waste, TV) and non-serviced (electric only - when we don't have a power cut, of course). You booked one of the latter. There's nothing on the booking to indicate that you departed early, which means that you left without telling us; if you telephoned as you said then I can only apologise for not calling you back, but I can't find your mobile number in our call log. You seem to have based your entire review of our Park on the fact that the village had a power cut!
"I had a phone call at 3.15 pm on the day that I was due to arrive (4th May) to inform me that the lodge I had booked had no water or electric. They were unable to provide an alternative lodge at Waveney River Centre. This was not acceptable, very inconvenient and upsetting."
We were extremely sorry that your booking with us had to be cancelled at the last minute. What actually happened was that the boiler broke down without warning on the Friday of the bank holiday weekend, the fan had seized and it wasn't possible to get another one until Tuesday - which would have left you without heating over the whole weekend. With it being a bank holiday, we were fully booked and there was absolutely nothing we could do other than ask Hoseasons to try to find you alternative accommodation elsewhere. I hope you can understand that these events, whilst extremely inconvenient for everyone, are unpredictable and beyond anybody's control. I would have hoped that we would have been able to offer you a future holiday at a reduced rate as a sorry, rather than receive a negative review. Thank you anyway for trying to book with us.
Waveney River Centre is rated 4.33 based on 1,157 reviews