Waveney River Centre Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend Waveney River Centre
Live Chat, Email, Telephone
customer service
"Very disappointed paid £125 for a room. Barely slept a wink - walls very thin. Constant coming and going in the coordiors which could be heard through paper thin walls. Didn’t bother to stay for breakfast wanted to get out of the place ASAP! So disappointed."
"the poor star is for the Trail & sail package,park is good and restaurant is good, but the boat launching is bad, ..part of the slipways cement in the water has broken and can damage your trailer, always had to move hire canoes, kayaks when wanting to launch and retrieve our boat, the turning area was full of parked cars so we had to unhitch and re-hitch the trailer to get it onto the slip way"
"Would be great if the strict rules they impose were upheld. Dogs were loose and leaving dog poo everywhere, ball games were being played with balls hitting cars and tents and quite a few people seem to think it's ok to be noisy after ten. What's the point of these rules if they aren't enforced. No one on reception at that time of night to complain too and come the morning can't be bothered to raise the issues. Seems that the rules are more of a gesture"
"We left 2 days earlier than expected.. we don’t have pets and was put in accommodation which had so much dog hairs.. we had to clean, hoover and mop ourselves to feel a bit more at ease.. and all we could smell with the hoover and was wet dog..also the ensuite shower keep filling up and over flowing and smelling of sewag.. for £1300 odd pound this wasnt worth the money at all..to be honest this has put us off with using again."
"Pitches too small booked a kingfisher super pitch which was not very well tended. In fact all the Caravan pitches looked very tired and neglected. The hedges really needed a good cut back. By the time I had put the Caravan on and put the awning up I had no room hardly to get round the Caravan to get to the toilet cassette to empty it and plug the electric in and connect up the waste pipes. yes I admit I have a 3mtre Awning but even with a standard 2.4mtre one there would have been no room to park your car out of the way of the view. the view was lovely but you couldn’t see it because your car was parked right in front so you didn’t get the benefit of the view. I was told I could park my car in the car park, which I did a couple of times, then I was told I was in the marina car park and could I move it to the main car park which was further away and I couldn’t see it from our pitch. I was told there was cctv on the site but the site is open anyone can come and go and in my opinion was not very secure. The site seems to cater more for motorhomes, pods, yurts, chalets and boats but saying all this it is a lovely position but was spoilt by the size of the pitch for us. Moving on to the Waverley Inn, it is quite expensive and the food wasn’t that great. Also dirty plates and glasses were left on all of the tables outside where a seagull had a fine time hopping on the tables eating the remnants of food. Clearly these should have been cleared immediately but they were not which spoilt our evening drink being surrounded with all of the debris. This is just our opinion and we would not return but we try all sites so try it for yourself and see what you think. Mr & mrs J Ellis"
"Being accused of burning the decking , a corner of drawer and black soot in burner whish was like dat wen we turned up i will be putting a bad report as i have still not received my deposit"
"There were too many cars on site. There was no noise control so we were kept awake until 11 each night and then woken up at 6.30 each morning"
"The restaurant is not welcoming at all looks like a school canteen, very cold had to ask for the air con to be turned off, the fish and chips were floating in grease, tasteless ."
"Lodge we were allocated was at the end of the site stuck with building work,also next to the sewage plant, not very nice, and it wasnt even the lodge we booked !!!!"
Thanks for your review. We're sorry you were disappointed. In fact, this is the lodge you booked, we have more than one of the same type and Hoseasons group them together into 'classes'. If you want a specific lodge, please book direct with ourselves. There was no building work whatsoever, but we do plead guilty to carrying 2 bags of bark past your lodge as photographed, for spreading on the borders to prevent weeds.
Waveney River Centre is rated 4.34 based on 915 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access