Waveney River Centre Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend Waveney River Centre
Rebecca Kent
Rebecca Kent
Verified Buyer
"Peaceful site. Nice cycle to Beccles. Had pitch heron 1. Asked to move and was given heron 3. Disappointing as those pitches very dark with no sun. Lady on reception said 30 arriving. The whole time we stayed the site was very empty with many unused pitches. The motorhome other than us were all in full sunshine with lovey views of the river. Our motorhome was not the biggest and bigger ones did arrive after us but reception would not offer anywhere other than Heron. We didn’t have a view and for that reason I rate it 3. Sadly won’t return but weather was on our side those days so we could go bike riding and not be in a dark motorhome."
Philip Lee Netherwood
Philip Lee Netherwood
Verified Buyer
"Lovely setting, sunny deck outside the bar/restaurant, good facilities & comfortable room for our short break. Would probably book one of their lodges next time if we stay for longer."
MR Stuart Haggar
MR Stuart Haggar
Verified Buyer
"Great Base for a day on the broads"
Christopher Moon
Verified Buyer
"I took my two granddaughters of seven and nine on a camping trip here. Not knowing how it would work out i had some trepidation. But no worries every thing we needed was on site and well kept. It was the girls first camping trip and they thoroughly enjoyed it, and are wanting to go again!"
Posted 10 minutes ago
Penelope Constantinou
Verified Buyer
"Loved the hotel, friendly staff, rooms were perfect clean and comfortable with great extra touches. Wonderful location on the River and enjoyed hiring the canoes. Loved the eco- friendly touches in and out of the hotel. Good pool and Inn for food."
"A great campsite with all facilities within easy reach. A generous tent pitch right next to the marina. A well maintained level site, unfortunately the ground was baked so hard with the weather that getting the tent pegs in was a nightmare, standard peg hooks just bent over and only the really heavy duty ones would go in. Disappointed that the on site shop didn’t have spare pegs to sell as had ran out. The toilets and showers were good and cleaned regularly. Swimming pool was great for the kids, a £25 charge for a lost pass was a bit steep though. The pub sold a good selection of drinks , 9 of us had meals and it was generally very good. The fish and chips and burger meals were excellent. The pie and mash should of come with extra gravy though as too dry without it. The steaks and rib meals though were a little too expensive in my opinion. The reception staff were very polite and friendly. Overall a very professional site and would recommend and use again."
Louise Henfrey
Verified Buyer
"This place is wonderful, with very friendly people, surrounded by nature, set in beautiful countryside, perfect for our early morning runs, we had an excellent stay, the lodges are immaculate and with everything you could need (an electric kettle would be better than a hob kettle though) A well stocked shop on site and lovely food served in the Waveney inn, the hiring of a boat and sailing along the broads is a definite recommendation, I would come here again in a heartbeat, love love loved it! Thank you for a lovely break away"
Ruth Atkins
Verified Buyer
"Lovely facilities, friendly staff, enjoyed a few nice meals in the Inn. Stayed in the Carlton Penthouse which has everything you need and is very spacious. Just one small point on the cleaning , the penthouse has a very long balcony , this could do with a deep clean, it’s very dusty and covered in birds mess, if I had my grandkids with me I would have had to clean it myself. If that is sorted for our next visit I would give it top marks . Thanks"
Michael Bryan
Verified Buyer
"stunning place ,brought my touring caravan here ,only down side was the pricing of the weekend pitches ,they nearly double ,what is the point ,you just loose trade"
April Griffiths
Verified Buyer
"Lovely place to stay. Will certainly be returning"
Emily Frost
Verified Buyer
"We enjoyed our stay at the Waveney River Centre however we would have appreciated better communication about arrivals and access to facilities. Upon arrival the reception was closed and we received information from the pub but we weren't pointed out checkout time or code for the toilets which was confusing."
Suzanne Welch
Verified Buyer
"Absolutely nothing wrong with this site, and it has the best toilets/washing/shower facilities we've ever seen. Thank you"
"Peaceful riverside location - ideal for a short break."
Derek Burbidge
"A peaceful retreat"
"I think this is the perfect place to stay and out lodge Wheatacre was brilliant . The staff were excellent and the Waveney inn most accommodating. I was sorry to leave and cant wait to visit again."
Alan Cuthbertson
Verified Buyer
"This was our first visit to Waveney and I have to say, my wife, son and I all found the lodge a great size, the site facilities good and the staff all very helpful and friendly. The food at the on-site Inn was well worth the price charged too. My son in particular enjoyed the two half days we spend boating. Had it not been for a dirty ashtray on the decking and a general feel that the lodge hadn't had a full clean before we arrived I would have happily given Waveney 5 stars rather than 4."
Stacey Mountford
Verified Buyer
"Great facilities, lovely site. Great customer service and a good efficient maintenance team. Keep up the good work see you all soon. One little thing theres dust in the top of the radiators. 🖒😄"
Richard Finan
Verified Buyer
"Our second visit and remains one of our favourite camp site. Clean facilities, and quiet at night and in the morning. Our one criticism would be the shop. There are very little provisions available in terms of groceries, meat or breads etc. The restaurant highlights its affiliation with local butchers and bakers etc. however none of these goods are available to buy in the shop, forcing us to have to travel to the local super market. We’d much rather buy local produce available on site."
"The hotel rooms were 5 star. The area was lovely and there were lots of things to do. The restaurant maybe could do with a bit of an upgrade but the food was lovely and service was excellent."
Julie Epps
Verified Buyer
"We loved the location, the accommodation was brilliant, the hot tub was a real luxury and the site was small and well run."
"Lovely place, excellent facilities, very relaxed."
Andrew Hayes
Verified Buyer
"Friendly staff and lovely location"
Natalie Butcher
Verified Buyer
"Reception staff were very helpful and welcoming!"
Waveney River Centre is rated 4.44 based on 230 reviews