Waveney River Centre Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend Waveney River Centre
Elaine Brand
"This was our second stay at Waveney but our first in the hotel and I really can’t fault it. The room (Captain’s Cabin) was spotlessly clean and both spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was pure luxury and the toiletries, a nice touch. As always food was good in the pub - not the cheapest but very tasty. Hope to come back again soon!"
Mark Baker
"We had a fantastic stay. We hired the pods and were ideal with young children who got plenty of freedom on the grass and the park. Defo remember bedding. Well worth checking out the pub for food and drink!"
Christopher Moon
"I took my two granddaughters of seven and nine on a camping trip here. Not knowing how it would work out i had some trepidation. But no worries every thing we needed was on site and well kept. It was the girls first camping trip and they thoroughly enjoyed it, and are wanting to go again!"
"Excellent room; Friendly staff; great location."
"We had a really nice holiday as always, but it was let down by one thing, and that is one of the ladies in the restaurant I didn’t get her name but her and her friend were new there and it was the larger light haired one she was quite rude and not very helpful where as everybody else was excellent. Other than that it was great, and it wont stop us from coming again."
"loved the place, only downside the restaurant was a bit pricey and did not have a lot of choice."
"Excellent time love it"
"Good site had problems sleeping due to dogs barking and loud neighbors. Great staff and clean facilities"
"This was our first Lodge/ hot tub short break - a surprise getaway for my husband from me for our wedding anniversary - I don’t think the accommodation can be classed as luxury as it was tired and in need of freshening up which I believe is happening now - the sofa had a large rip in the back, the tub chair looked as though it had been repaired a few times and was looking a bit shabby, the dining table had scorch marks on it and the table mats need to go in the bin. The hot tub cover was ripped and there was a used ‘band aid’ plaster stuck on the railings at the back of the hot tub. The TV in the lounge did not get a good signal on the first night but after reporting it to reception the next morning it was quickly sorted. When I reported the damage to the sofa and chair. Reception and housekeeping said they were aware and that’s when I learned that after our stay the lodge was getting a makeover - I felt disappointed staying there. Hot tub was lovely and bed comfy with lovely bed linen. We arranged a slightly later checkout due to my husband’s medication and we were very grateful for that. I would come back but next time would expect luxury to mean luxury."
"Fabulous lodge and nice weekend break away. Spoilt by have to pay for any usable WiFi (so 2010 experience) and TV signal rubbish - could not watch TV!!! With the site being off-grid for mobile network due to an idyllic rural setting, WiFi (at more than 500kbs) should be freely available throughout the site - you will lose business for the sake of a few pounds. It’s not the money - it is a 2018 experience principle for me. I would not recommend on the basis of you charging for WiFi!!!"
"We had a very relaxing week in the Langley Lodge. Everything was a touch above the norm. The hot tub was especially nice. Only one minor draw back was that the the double bed was quite short. My husband is 5' 10" and he could have done with a few more inches. The welcome pack was very thoughtful. We had one very nice visitor on one evening, the resident cat. She was lovely. A thoroughly lovely week, thank you."
"Stayed in an Escape Pod. Never ever done camping before so opted to do rye safe option In Glamping in an Escape Pod. My wife and 2 children had a throughly nice time and enjoyed the adventure. It was good that we had access to the indoor pool. Only small gripe is the hot tub was on the murky side. Had a full English breakfast on the day we left, all locally sourced produce and they’d made a real effort in preparing the breakfast. Will definitely be back."
"Stayed here as a family with 2 dogs. Great place and reception staff and restaurant staff are friendly and helpful. The whole place is very dog friendly. The only complaint I would have is there is not enough baking trays if you wanted to cook a meal."
"What a lovely hidden gem ! Quiet peaceful and great facilities. Everything you need and the Waveney Inn a bonus along with pool, make for an enjoyable, relaxing stay. Will return in spring next year and probably take a day hire boat out on the river."
"Came for a Monday to Friday break, wished it could have been for longer. What a great place. Reception staff very polite, welcoming and helpful. The Thurlton lodge was more than we expected. Warm, clean and beautiful. The hot tub was a real treat. Food at the Waveney inn was very good. Cruiser hire was easy and a good day out. The swimming pool was good. The whole park is kept very clean and tidy. Cannot praise enough."
"Nice site and good facilities, ideal base to explore the countryside from weather on foot on bike or by car. On site swimming pool and jacuzzi to relax in. The only downside is poor maintenance, locks missing off toilet and shower doors, extractor fans not working leaving wetrooms damp."
"The accommodation was very good but in need of more mugs,wifi bad.The driveway was very bad with potholes but would return it has not spoilt our holiday.hot tub fantastic."
"We have just arrived home from our stay at the Waveney River Centre. I cannot rate my experience as any thing else than fantastic. Lovely accommodation, fantastic hot tub and beautiful surroundings. We liked it so much that we have already rebooked for the same week next year and the same cabin."
"Clean shower and toilet blocks with plenty of hot water. Some minor repairs needed to bring this site up to scratch, leaky taps and plugs in sinks that don’t seal. Friendly and knowledgable staff in all departments and lovely walks across the river."
"The Waveney river centre is a very well managed centre The lodges are thoughtfully placed to enjoy the beautiful views. Friendly and helpful staff. Also, reasonably priced food and drinks at the restaurant. If you are looking for a relaxing and peaceful holiday, this is the place."
"Perfect place to spend a couple of days in our motorhome. Nice pitches with EHU, lovely clean shower block with plenty of hot water. Great swimming pool. Would certainly go back to Waveney River Centre."
"we had a good holiday thank you, but i fill it could have been a bit better if there was more for the children to do . and your staff were a bit more informative the shop was very poorly stocked even down to sweets with two children i was only able to buy one tube of smarty's all week"
"A very clean well run place but not for me. Quite difficult to find and reach. Narrow country lane approach where it could be a problem if you meet another vehicle. Took our motorhome. No buses near. It’s 2 miles to a bus stop. Taxis expensive around £20. Nice pub on site serving good selection of food. Not much else if youre not into boats or have children."
Waveney River Centre is rated 4.33 based on 418 reviews