Waveney River Centre Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Waveney River Centre
Mark And Amy.
"This would be the third time we’ve been and probably the best stay we have had, even stay a extra day. My only down side, which is beyond Waveney River Centre control would be the access road in. All in all highly recommended."
Chloe Dixon
"Amazing! Waveney holds many memories of mine, i first met my boyfriend here, I had my first friends holiday here and this weekend me and my boyfriend had our first holiday here together after being with each other 6 years and he proposed whilst watching the fireworks from our lodge! Waveney river centre holds a very special place in my heart. Thank you for the amazing holidays I've had!"
"We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable and clean with the food being of excellent quality and at reasonable cost. Obscure glass in the en-suite would have avoided us having to pull down the blind during the day though. We enjoyed our stay and would be happy to recommend the Waveney Inn to friends."
"Lodge was great, very spacious. Other facilities on site were all easily accessible and clean. All staff were really polite, friendly and very helpful"
Great! Thanks for the positive review. We're glad you had a nice time with us! :)
Thanks for the lovely review, Mark and Amy! We're so pleased that you came back and had a great stay with us! We're flattered you chose to stay an extra day with us, too. We look forward to seeing you again soon! :)
"Upon visiting the centre this week for a 4 night break, we are sorry to say that we found the centre lacking in certain areas. Staff appeared demotivated and not customer facing. Even to the extent of sitting in their cars until dead on 0900 before opening the centre. We noted a list of maintence issues which we reported in a timely manner. Some of these issues were of a health and safety matter. Although reported we had to advise a second time and a maintenance operative appeared but made limited repairs. These faults should have been picked up prior to our visit if checks had been carried out correctly. One maintenance operative even said he had checked the windows were opening and closing correctly and yet when he attended he had to find someone else to tell him how to close them ! Sadly this is not what you expect. On a positive note the apartment was clean, but the issues mentioned above outshone the positives . We left a day early as the shower was never repaired which meant it was cold. Also we had to repair the saucepan as the handle was loose which should have been checked. The most horrifying thing of all was when the kitchen light fell down on the toaster which could have caused a potential fire hazard . After logging all the above we were shocked that no member of the management team came to check that repairs had been carried out to an improved standard . The light was fixed with sticky tape but the tape just came undone! We also reported the hot water was dangerous as far to hot. Again we reported this but no action was taken ."
Hi, we're very sorry that you had this negative experience with us. I will pass your comments on to the relevant departments to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you.
"Pod was clean. Pods on incline so had to lug bags from car park. Shower block clean. Pub on site."
Hi Christine, we're glad you had a nice time. Thank you for your comments!
"Beautiful location. Great lodge overlooking the marsh. Lodge was home from home. Loved the hot tub. Very efficient heating and good showers. A few negatives about how the organisation/running of the park - the Hot tub is not hot enough to use on the first night so for a short break this was a major issue for us. I was looking forward to using the swimming pool in the evening but when we arrived I was told that the swimming pool was shut at 5.00pm. I tried very hard to persuade them to open the pool between 8.00am and 8.00pm as stated in the confirmation email but without success. On our penultimate day we received a text reminding us that we had to be out of the accommodation by 9.30 PROMPT. I've stayed at many different holiday parks and its always 10.00 and no text in capital letters telling me to leave. My conclusion is that this park is run/organised for the benefit of the staff! So lovely park but I will not be returning."
Hi Angela, thanks for your review. We've taken your comments on board and will strive to be better. Yes, because we like to make sure that it is clean and fresh, your hot tub will have been refilled before your arrival, so the water will unfortunately not have had time to get hot on your first day. We think this is better than having dirty water. We're sorry to see that you won't be returning, but we're glad you had a nice time while you were here. Thanks again!
"Staff extremely helpful and friendly, lovely place would highly recommend"
Thanks for the lovely review! We're glad you had a nice time and hope to see you again soon!
"Amazing! A wonderful place and lovely friendly staff at the pub who knew what drinks we wanted by the second day"
That's great! Thank you for the great review! We're glad you had a nice time.
"Enjoyed our stay lovely location however we found the bed very small."
Hi Linda, thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon. We've taken your feedback on board, thank you for your comments.
Hi Chloe, that's a beautiful story, thank you so much for sharing it! We're glad you have enjoyed coming back to us over the years. We'd like to extend our best wishes to the both of you :)
"We found the place to be very rural and quiet which was lovely just what we were looking for The hot tubs are a fantastic extra to the lodges and The lodges clean and spacious.The only fault I could fine with our lodge was the tv was far too small and mounted far to high on the wall that it was near impossible to watch.Staff very helpful."
Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you had a lovely time at our rural location.
"Very disappointed that on my fourth visit in a year, having paid over a thousand pounds this time I was unable to swim at a time that I have swam on the 3 previous visits. Also the ferry was not running for most of the week. However the lodge was lovely and very well equipped.."
Hi Stella, we're sorry that you were disappointed about the pool opening times on this occasion. It's great that you enjoyed your accommodation, though! Thank you for coming back!
"Beautiful setting, stylish lodges, fantastic hot tubs. Only downside was house keeping could have been a lot better. Bathroom needed a bottle of bleach due to staining to shower and toilet. Heavily stained bathrobes and tea towel. Radiators full of fluff/dust. Oven and fridge again needs a good clean as food remnants from previous guests. Small points that can be easily rectified that would make this a excellent holiday choice."
Hi Mrs L. Davies. Thanks for the feedback, we've taken your comments on board and will strive to improve. We are glad that you otherwise enjoyed your accommodation.
"We loved our stay. Had a great holiday. A few thing we notice may improve the resort. It would be nice to have privacy screening around the bot tubs. It would be great to have enough pots to fill the dishwasher otherwise it needs to go on after every meal as not enough plates for more than one meal. I personally find a steamer pan very handy to reducing the amount of fuel it takes to cook veg and steaming does not reduce the nutrients as much as boiling. Thank you for a lovely holiday."
Hi Tracy, we'll take your comments on board. Thanks for the feedback. We're glad you had a nice time here!
"Excellent campsite in very beautiful surroundings. Will visit again."
Great, thanks Kevin! We look forward to seeing you next time!
"Fabulous accommodation in a beautiful setting. Staff were very helpful. Unfortunately we didn't have great weather so a suggestion would be to have some board games and dvds available to hire and also more info on things to do locally, rather than just the leaflets."
Hi Jenny, thanks for the feedback. We're glad you enjoyed yourselves regardless of the weather. Thanks!
"We had a fantastic, relaxing holiday - we enjoyed swimming and using the hot tub every night xx"
We're glad you had a nice time! Thanks for leaving your review.
"Lovely location but accommodation was starting to show signs of aging (wallpaper peeling off) and the beds were uncomfortable. We did complain about one single bed which had quite a slope but the best that was offered was to turn it over which didn’t really solve the issue. The reception staff were a little unfriendly and difficult to get any information out of. We had a lodge and hot tub was fantastic as was the play park."
Thanks for the feedback, Cassie. We've taken your comments on board and will look to improve our accommodation. We're glad you enjoyed the hot tub and play park, and we hope to see you again.
"Great holiday, lovely lodge and lovely facilities"
Great! Thanks, Louise. We're glad you had such a nice time!
"Such a lovely quiet place but with lots to do we will return , have already said on social media what a lovely place strongly recommend"
Thanks for the lovely review, Tracy! We're glad you had such a nice time, and look forward to seeing you again :)
"The lodge though different from the one in the pictures on Hoseasons was nice enough, though part of fridge door shelving had been broken off and left in the cupboard. The bedrooms were comfortable and there was enough space on the sofas for 5 of us. The oven and microwave works ok. Boiler broke on first night so no heat to hot water but mainance showed up at 730 the following morning and fixed issue. Dishwasher also refused to work and was also fixed on the same day. Hot tub was great and worked the whole time which the kids loved, arguably mor than the tired cold swimming pool, but they had fun their too. It’s worth noting it’s a 20 min drive to the nearest big town and the on site shop closes st 5. So bring your essential supplies with you. A loaf of bread was left for us along with some tea bags and milk etc which was a nice touch The area is beautiful and quiet, apart from the owls at night who enjoyed a sing song. The on site pub is excellent with a good range of food choices, they are also open for breakfast which was a nice treat I would stay again but maybe not in the Reedham Lodge, then again we’ve probably sorted out the issues on our stay so you should be fine with yours. Location wise it’s a great base to explore the broads and coast from with lots of walks and trails close by, and a few excellent pubs a short drive away."
Thank you for your review. I'm glad we managed to fix the problems you were having, and that you enjoyed your stay. We'll take your feedback on board to improve our park further. Thanks again!
Waveney River Centre is rated 4.34 based on 479 reviews