Waitrose Reviews

57% of reviewers recommend Waitrose
03AM
3AM

About Waitrose: At Waitrose.com, you’ll find all the quality and value you’d expect, together with the kind of service only Waitrose can offer. Your order will be picked, packed and delivered from your Waitrose branch by our Waitrose Partners – people who own a share of the business, and will always take as much care with your shopping as you would yourself. With a wide range of products and brands it makes it the perfect place to grocery shop

customersupport@waitrose.co.uk

Waitrose Customer Sales and Support teamWaitrose LimitedDoncastle RoadBracknell

Categories:
Food & Drink
Groceries

Tell us how Waitrose made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Live Chat, Telephone
"Waitrose had an amazing service that supplied me with outstanding products to enjoy."
Are you Waitrose? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Waitrose receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"don't recommend going to waitrose went to another store and got so much more and had better quality!! forever not going back AGAIN!!"
"My Mother went to her local store in Warminster to order flowers as a gift for a friend which she has done before (she does not have internet) on asking for help in her words, a nice young lady tried to help but as a new employee was not familiar with the process so called for assistance from the manager, who eventually arrived he then started to deal with the order but during this he stopped walked away and attended to another customer, on returning she said he did apologise, he then made a phone call then handed the phone to my mother and told her to give her card details including the last 3 digits on the back of the card while surrounded by other customers she is now concerned about the security of her card, you would think more thought and consideration would be given to an elderly woman by Waitrose management"
"Made a special visit to Waitrose to buy their much advertised Christmas Chocolate & Sour Cherry Mince Pies .... so so disappointed, they do not resemble a mince pie in any way but the shape. More a round chocolate cherry shortcake , no unctious cherry filling in the proportions that would normally be expected in a trad mince pie, and overall a dry over sweet eat."
"Only my 2nd delivery and over an hour late already - no-one’s called me until it was 15 minutes late and then I was told it would be with me in half an hour. And that was almost an hour ago! The same 2 items are missing and substituted for the second week in a row as well. I’ve just called to find out that it should be with me in the next half an hour but why am I having to do the calling? Appalling and I won’t be using them again."
"Waitrose 1 free range chicken breast fillets - warning to customers to check packs carefully. Hidden lumps of fat under and tucked in to the fillets not even attached to the chicken meat so possibly not even chicken origin. Would have thought better of Waitrose, most disappointing"
"Basically I'm a Waitrose fan. Some of your convenience meals - Chilli Con Carne, curries etc are as good, sometimes better than M&S. But... 2 recent gripes: your Waitrose fresh soups are generally disappointing, you can't compete with Covent Garden soups (their mushroom soup is fantastic). Today I bought 'Chicken and Spelt broth soup, lashed out £3! It was awful, there was a predominant taste of rosemary (and possibly garlic puree) not chicken or vegetables. It was thick and stodgy, hardly any delicious liquidy broth or bits of solid chicken: the bottom line was simply profit. Why is it so difficult to get decent chicken and veg fresh soup. There's no secret to the recipe. Every year after Xmas, we'd have her turkey, or chicken, or both, soups. here's what she did. Take all remaining chicken/turkey from the carcass (buy an extra leg or breast if not enough) - set aside. Boil carcas for a few hours. Skim off fat which will have risen to top. Put in large saucepan, with chopped carrot, chopped onions, and chopped celery, and not too much pearl barley - that will give some body to soup but don't overdo it: you want plenty of delicious, liquidy broth as well as meat & vegetables.. Simmer for 90-120 mins, after 45 mins add turkey/chicken. Serve with crusty roll - heaven on earth! Can this not be mass-produced and 'tubbed'? Then there's desserts. Waitrose are crazy: they make own brand, wonderful desserts like Tarte Framboise and then promote Itsu dumplings. These are awful, uneatable. Where are your taste sample team? I've offered my services for free and you've spurned them - I'd reject the Duchy soup and the foul Itsu dumplings - and get your product development team working on my Mum's chicken soup. Sorry, but see Wesker's play 'Chicken soup with Barley' - forget the spelt. Avoid tears over spelt broth! Dudley Jones"
"Essential strawberry trifle is just fantastic..it is light tasty and not loaded with sugar, very good quality..well done Waitrose"
"Waitrose appears determined to drive away customers. First the free coffee went (unless you remember to take a mug with you), then the 20% off picks. Now, it can't even keen staple items in stock. Newark, 1/11/18, middle of day, had to finish my shop elsewhere as so many items were out-of-stock. Not unusual or special, just staples such as McCains crinkle chips, Essentials pates, nectarines, syrup bottles and most bars of soap. Might as well miss out Waitrose and start off elsewhere to get entire shop in one place."
"Waitrose has a terrible policy when it comes to ID, my daughter is 16 and was able to buy alcohol in store. Not sure what kind kind of ship for running Waitrose but is not a very tight one."
"If I could give Waitrose no stars then I would"
"Hello A massive thank you to Katie from your Canary Wharf branch for her excellent customer service after a leading supermarket let me down badly. It was very much appreciated!!"
"Waitrose delivered today. Beer was delivered broken but sorted out fabulously. Wine from Waitrose (muscadet) astounding. Love Waitrose more than life itself. Xx"
"Following tv ad, looked for recipes plus ingredients. Very confusing layout, some ingredients missing or wrong quantity. Returned my empty basket. Back to good old co-op."
"Waitrose Newport Shropshire runs out of / discontinues so many lines, inc. some pretty basic ones. The last month they have been out of bagged spinach, discontinued Deeside Water, the chopped garlic at £4 for 3 bags they only ever have 1 or 2 lonely bags in the chiller, they were out of most newspapers at 3pm one day, they once ran out of Duchy milk, they have long-since stopped many salmon based lines, the chocolate selection is all the same few flavours (nut, salt, caramel, dark, milk - that's about it), often the bread type you want isn't there and so on and so on. Some days, 2pm, the fruit and veg shelves are barer than a Zimbabwean supermarket after international sanctions have been applied. OK these aren't quite as basic as, say, ordinary bread or milk but it's pretty annoying if you want these things. We have an Aldi nearby which does most stuff at half the price - best of all, very soon we are getting a Lidl and a M&S Food to Go. Maybe they call it Wait-Rose because you wait forever for some items to be replenished, but it will soon be Tumbleweed-Rose once those 2 stores come, end of this October I reckon."
"The worst online shopping experience, they are useless, first order placed and they lock my account saying i have to call this number .. so stupid people do not have time to wait 30 mins on the phone to unlock a supermarket account its not a bank. I advice anyone shopping online not to bother they will let you down better to use other big supermarkets whom you can trust. Waitrose are just too stupid to be in this sort of business."
"The checkout operator told me my bill was £22 when it was in fact £10.22. Whilst querying this I omitted to hand in a £2 off coupon. I went straight to customer services. After a lengthy wait the sales assistant abruptly refused to rebate my £2 coupon. This is not the level of service I would expect from Waitrose and I won’t be visiting there again."
"Your staff are now beyond . Could you please recruit some who are capable of some basic knowledge. I was asked in Witney store today how many 5p bags I wanted and I said half s dozen. That seems to be a foreign language as the boy had no clue about that or anything else for that matter, please keep these clueless people away from front line please and in the store room. Deeply unimpressed. You’re becoming ASDA"
"Went to waitrose in Kenilworth, flowers outside were in a sad state, two items I wanted you were out of stock, and finally needed to go to the ladies toilet, there was a queue as one cubicle had door off and no safety notice. Also the toilets smelt vile/disgusting like a dirty entry that was used for urinating, very bad experience concidering waitrose prides itself to a high standard. 😡"
"My grocery online basket inexplicably showed a total (not mine!) of over £3000, totally clogging up and stopping my further orders. Phone online worker 'Reese' sorted this out for me most pleasantly. Thank you, Reese!"
Waitrose is rated 3.43 based on 240 reviews