Waitrose Reviews

Waitrose Customer Sales and Support teamWaitrose LimitedDoncastle RoadBracknell

Categories:
Food & Drink
Groceries

How would you rate Waitrose?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

119 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
C

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Waitrose in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
C
"The main experience is all the staff seem to excel in everything, from dress, attitude and willingness to assist. The fare whilst being more expensive possibly than other supermarkets, offers approaching end of B/Before items at very good prices, for the peeceived quality of the produce."
"The only reason I like Waitrose is that they stock a lot of quality branded goods which are missing in the other main stores. A lot of these brands are British - home made or home grown - and really are very good. However, they are very pricey but usually worth the burn mark in your wallet as they are so enjoyable to eat. As for Waitrose own food ie: their fruit and veg, meat and bread, these are appalling quality! Meat, veg and fruit go off in a day and their french bread has a heavy dough which is almost raw. Sometimes I pop it in the oven but the dough never seems to cook right through no matter how high the temp or how long it cooks!"
Sarah Hanlon
Verified Reviewer
"Paid for my shopping at the self serve checkout, realised my card was about to go over the limit so the rest would have to be cash, I get to the queue only to be pulled out by the manager the lady at customer services had assumed I was a thief and wasn't paying for my other shopping, put in a complaint this morning, was left mortified by the experience but totally shocked when I stood my ground and explained they still looked at me like I had commited a crime, guy in complaints was helpful and apologised but to be honest I will never shop there again, it's one thing to walk out with an item and be called back but to be in the queue to pay and be accused is ridiculous"
Mr Richard Hayward
"Excellent service and great choice of products. All staff make you feel welcome and help you with anything.. nothing is too much trouble for the partners in store"
"Very kind lady, Patricia, in Lichfield store today gift-wrapped lots of daffodils today for me to take to my friend whose mother had died. She was very kind and did a beautiful job. Also Charlotte was helpful today too. I was trying to find a cereal without gluten."
Colin Dickerson
"I enjoy shopping with the more than ample space in the aisles and staff are delightfully helpful even when very busy"
"Love their food and in-store customer service, but deliveries are just plain bad. Delivery came incomplete, with dubious replacements (ordered 2x2lts bottle of juice, replaced with 2X1lt instead of replacing with same quantity 4x1lt). Very dry email, not apologising for the forgotten items or acknowledging the suggestion for better replacements. All in all, awesome brand, but I'll start using Ocado."
"Some good quality food. Prices too high"
Skip Hinton
"Great Customer Service when the shop was full of Christmas Stock. Even though items had been moved and moved again, I was politely shown around until items I needed were found. Thanks Guys and Gals."
Vanessa
"Love their food. Love their customer service. Love shopping there."
Mrs S McCamley
"Excellent and varied choice of merchandise. In a hurry and needed to do a quick shop and buy a card and gift. Able to do all this under one roof. Customer Service extremely helpful and I grabbed a free coffee to go - a brilliant experience!"
Paul
"Their quick till service is rubbish. Selling and redeeming lottery tickets, cigarettes hidden in hard to access cupboards and minimum staff means that the wait to by small quantities of items is often ridiculous."
"Over priced too much pre packed fruit bought pears at least three lots of packaging to get to them . Meat over priced short dated not impressed will go back to my regular supermarket not cut priced retailers don't like them either."
"We bought a Waitrose Christmas tree this year £45 and it was the best tree we have ever had. Lasted throughout and is still going strong outside. Put it in water once only in the stand and it did not shed a drop the entire festive period. Was delighted when the young man from Waitrose offered delivery too. Will always buy my tree from Waitrose in future and would highly recommend"
Ilona Rolyte
"They are selling products that should have been out of the shelf over a month ago. It can poison you if you won't be careful and check the sale by date."
"Every two-three weeks we spend in Waitrose (online shop) £200-£300. Today for the first time i've checked the sale by date of a couple of purchases we've done and from now on I can't trust Waitrose, they dare to put two products which guarantee has run out over a month ago! Really truly upsetting...."
"I am a regular shopper at Waitrose Surbiton, having frequented the shop from the day it was opened. Today I was in desperate need of Loyd Grosman's Tomato and Chilli sauce (the shelf was empty) and I asked an older supervisor if she could find out for me if the store had any more in the back. I was most disappointed with the response I was given. "We have some in the back but they will not be put on the shelf until tomorrow!!" To which I replied surely I don't have to come back tomorrow? I was told that that was the case!!! I then walked around the store and found a young man stacking the ice ceam freezers and he actually went and got me the sauce I needed. Shame on you, the supervisor who is meant to be setting an example!!! Thank you to the young man who was very helpful."
"Christmas Online order. Lots of substituted items and short dated food. So disappointed its made Christmas shopping considerably harder not easier as I now unexpectedly will have to go shopping so that we have food that is in date to take us over Christmas. Ok you can send the substituted items back but that dosent really help. Items such as canned drinks should of been available thought that was the idea of a reserved shop? Delivery driver was really good."
Keith Edmonds
"Waitrose is consumer focussed and effective in its delivery of quality and service."
Barry Cooper
"excellent service & quality of produce/products."
Waitrose is rated 3.39 based on 119 reviews