Waitrose Reviews

Waitrose have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

49% of reviewers recommend Waitrose

Categories:
Food & Drink
Groceries

Live Chat, Telephone

How would you rate Waitrose ?

"Following tv ad, looked for recipes plus ingredients. Very confusing layout, some ingredients missing or wrong quantity. Returned my empty basket. Back to good old co-op."
"Waitrose Newport Shropshire runs out of / discontinues so many lines, inc. some pretty basic ones. The last month they have been out of bagged spinach, discontinued Deeside Water, the chopped garlic at £4 for 3 bags they only ever have 1 or 2 lonely bags in the chiller, they were out of most newspapers at 3pm one day, they once ran out of Duchy milk, they have long-since stopped many salmon based lines, the chocolate selection is all the same few flavours (nut, salt, caramel, dark, milk - that's about it), often the bread type you want isn't there and so on and so on. Some days, 2pm, the fruit and veg shelves are barer than a Zimbabwean supermarket after international sanctions have been applied. OK these aren't quite as basic as, say, ordinary bread or milk but it's pretty annoying if you want these things. We have an Aldi nearby which does most stuff at half the price - best of all, very soon we are getting a Lidl and a M&S Food to Go. Maybe they call it Wait-Rose because you wait forever for some items to be replenished, but it will soon be Tumbleweed-Rose once those 2 stores come, end of this October I reckon."
"The worst online shopping experience, they are useless, first order placed and they lock my account saying i have to call this number .. so stupid people do not have time to wait 30 mins on the phone to unlock a supermarket account its not a bank. I advice anyone shopping online not to bother they will let you down better to use other big supermarkets whom you can trust. Waitrose are just too stupid to be in this sort of business."
"The checkout operator told me my bill was £22 when it was in fact £10.22. Whilst querying this I omitted to hand in a £2 off coupon. I went straight to customer services. After a lengthy wait the sales assistant abruptly refused to rebate my £2 coupon. This is not the level of service I would expect from Waitrose and I won’t be visiting there again."
"Your staff are now beyond . Could you please recruit some who are capable of some basic knowledge. I was asked in Witney store today how many 5p bags I wanted and I said half s dozen. That seems to be a foreign language as the boy had no clue about that or anything else for that matter, please keep these clueless people away from front line please and in the store room. Deeply unimpressed. You’re becoming ASDA"
"Went to waitrose in Kenilworth, flowers outside were in a sad state, two items I wanted you were out of stock, and finally needed to go to the ladies toilet, there was a queue as one cubicle had door off and no safety notice. Also the toilets smelt vile/disgusting like a dirty entry that was used for urinating, very bad experience concidering waitrose prides itself to a high standard. 😡"
"My grocery online basket inexplicably showed a total (not mine!) of over £3000, totally clogging up and stopping my further orders. Phone online worker 'Reese' sorted this out for me most pleasantly. Thank you, Reese!"
"Week after week items that I have ordered are substituted, they are very standard items and nothing unusual. I shop online because I hate supermarket shopping and still end up having to do this because of poor stock management in the store. This week is the worst week yet as 3 items all of which I required for the weekend were substituted with things I couldn't use. I live in Devizes which doesn't have a single decent supermarket which is why I shop online at Waitrose but they have let me down for the last time and I am off to Lidl."
"Really bad customer service. Email confirmation of online order reads I can change delivery slot up to 20hrs in advance, I tried to change delivery 4 DAYS in advance for a LATER date than the original and it was not possible. I called customer service only to be told the same thing. Zero flexibility, despite the high value order. I will not be ordering again."
"Since the lovely manager (Gavin, I think his name is) left Newport, Shropshire branch quite recently, it has gone downhill. The store and cafe look grubby and unloved, and the staff look miserable. It has an unfriendly and unwelcoming atmosphere now. Such a shame, as it was a lovely store."
"Fab front of house service. Vegetarian breakfast... dont even bother"
"Exeter some unfriendly staff don't like going in there anymore too be honest with you."
"Exeter Waitrose some unpleasant staff members"
"Won’t be buying from Waitrose until they drop Coombes farm Somerset for animal cruelty, and make a statement confirming it. Check them out on google"
"Visited Twyford, Berkshire branch on 30 July 2018 at 10.47 hours. Paid for my 4 items and it came to more than I was expecting (I was 10p away from spending £10 which I thought was strange). However, because I was now so close to getting a free paper I asked the checkout lady if I could buy one more item costing more than 10p in order to get a free newspaper and she told me it was too late to be able to do that as she'd rung my items through the till (there was only 1 person behind me who was happy for me to get the additional purchase and paper). I therefore paid for my groceries and before leaving the store I checked my receipt. I had been charged for 2 lots of Sun-Maid Raisins (6 pack) at £2.45 per 6 pack. I went straight to Customer Services where they apologised, checked my shopping and gave me a refund of £2.45 for one of the packs. I think the assistant on the tills who initially served me needs some training in how to speak to customers and how on earth can she make a mistake when I only made a purchase of 4 items in total? Lack of concentration? Bad manners? Full till receipt reference is: 10:47, 30/07/2018 238 051 1098 793003 in case Waitrose can trace who served me via these numbers."
"It's very poor that Waitrose won't give out cups of coffee unless you bring your own cup. They say it's to do with reducing waste but this just seems as though they are becoming stingy over the cost of a cup of coffee"
"Waitrose meanwood has horrible hygiene. I was at the fish counter and the assistant licked her hands to open a bag. I told her I no longer wanted the fish, as I was disgusted at her lack of hygiene standards, that meant my fish had saliva on it!"
"If you work in a warehouse, too many bully boys in charge, DON'T WORK HERE It's s***t."
"Generally good quality and no queues. A little more expensive than other choices bit we like the free paper and other offers with a Waitrose card. Just tried the steak hache.....very disappointed as no contest with any French version."
"nice selection of food"