Vision Express Reviews

35% of reviewers recommend Vision Express
Telephone

How would you rate Vision Express ?

"Wrong prescription and bad quality varifocals."
"Do not use Vision Express. They are absolutely awful. Ordered some Glasses, was then told no lab to fit lenses but the glasses would be delivered in 10 working days which was already a stretch. 4 weeks later, 1 visit to find out what was going on, 1 telephone call a week later to find out what was going on. and still no glasses. A whole bunch of sorry's with absolute no follow through to solve the issue. Making matters worse Manager said he would look into it and call me, he never replied and still no frames. Absolutely awful. Use another opticians please and spare yourself the pain. Oh and my 1 star rating is too generous. Very poor- Doesn't even cut it. To V.E. Perhaps you should lessen your TV ad spend expressing how wonderful you are and put your resources into a little substance."
"friendly and professional. no pressure to purchase the more expensive frames. conveniently situated in local Tesco store so parking no problem unlike city centre opticians"
"Very poor customer service. I've paid for three month membership which was completely messed up. Nothing could be sorted by the phone, had to go directly to the store. Customer service people need serious training on how to get things done. Wouldn't recommend, it takes time and nerves to get rid of them. Very incompetent sales people."
"if there was a rating lower than 1 star, it would be for Vision Express. they are deficient in service, respect for the customer and their products are probably FAKE replicas and very poor quality. I had two bad experiences as a customer when I acquired contact lenses and glasses. the soft toric lenses of their own brand, are very uncomfortable, after a couple of hours they dried my eyes and irritated them, I been using lenses over 20 years and these have terrible oxygenation. not satisfied with that. without my authorization Vision Express, debits from my account without my authorization 2 months payments that were already payed. Refunds took 4 months after discussing several hours on the phone with employees who did not cared what happened to you. At the same time, together with the lenses, I bought BVLGARI lenses of £ 400, which after 1 year had gone through two microfractures, I took this to ask for an answer regarding the quality of the product, my spectacles were retained for two weeks without any call to pick them up, despite my several call requesting abut what happened with them. no mails or call. I went to his point of sale and the advisor told me that there was nothing to do for my glasses AND He THROW THEM IN A VERY DISCORTED WAY IN HIS DESK. the glasses were never sent to quality control for two simple reasons: I never received an email despite my phone requests and the employee refused to let me see the answer of the supposed center that had controlled them. When I asked him to let me see the document with the answer regarding with that supposed check, he crumpled the letter in his hand and he did not let me see it. this gives me to think that the products they sell are not original because they are not responsible and never send them for review, also one of their managers refused to sign and seal the BVLGARI guarantee model because their company's policies, in theory They handle everything with their own invoices and do not send any item for proper control to their original sellers. for good stay away from this scumbags !!!"
"Contacts lens always late delivery never on time bad fir eyecare"
"What an absolute disgrace. Booked eye test 3 weeks ahead and received no phone call with the exact time of the appointment. Trailed to store to find out why they have rang and the excuse of a man said we have been busy. Is that an excuse for not carrying out your duties.He proceeded to check on computer and said were don't have you down.And suggested I come the week after. Sorry but I've waited 3 weeks already fool. Then he just kept repeating, not a problem, not a problem. Another customer before me also walked out in disgust as they had cocked her appointment up too. Avoid Vision Express in Tesco Dragonville as they lack professionalism and haven't got the least bit clue what they are doing. Rubbish I have complained tho the ceo"
"Glasses completely messed up. First set of frames not fitted correctly and kept falling off and eventually damaged. Exchanged these for another set, had no help or advice and only a limited choice. These were then found not to fit correctly and had to choose another set of frames again no help from staff. On collecting these the frames were scratched and had to be changed these frames were broke whilst they tried to swop the lenses. Also the reading glasses i had were wrong and require the lenses changing. The staff were unhelpful, rude and useless. Now waiting for a refund. Customer services just as useless and dont get back to you. Avoid the wigan branch, the staff are rude and useless. Then i had a call from the so called manager who was a condisending rude person who tried to blame me for there incompetence."
"I had my eyes tested at Northampton Town Centre branch. My appointment was not on the system as the optician had put their details in instead when they received the web appointment. I was in the store a total or 1hour 45 minutes. I was told I didn't need distance glasses. I was left to chose my own glasses on my own, only to then be greeted by the apprentice who asked me if I had looked through the draws for see if I found any others I liked. When I got home I realized they had put an old address on the paperwork from 15 years ago. the Shop was filthy and the staff were rude. I had my glasses delivered to a different store, as I refused to go back. When I collected them I couldn't see out of them and was told that I needed distance due to my prescription. I ordered some for this, a week later I could not see out of the reading glasses, so was told to have a retest only to find out that Northampton Town Centre had given me the completely wrong prescription. so I had to have both pairs re done. I finally got my glasses correct 3 weeks later from start to finish. I have been into the Market Harborough Store to have the readers adjusted as I couldn't get them to fit only to find out that I should have never had those frames as they are too small for my head. they have now corrected these within 2 days for me I have had to purchase another pair of glasses. The only store to actually give me excellent service. I have done a survey on line no one has contacted me. I have to wait for head office to send me a cheque for incorrect glasses. Very stressed out by the whole experience. I have since spoken to someone who had exactly the same experience in the store with incorrect prescription. Dreadful store would never return"
"Great Service, reasonable prices. Lauren,Emily & Husnain great service."
"purchased sunglasses and the service was excellent, friendly staff would recommend."
"Had an eye test and purchased glasses at a cost of £765, all ok so far, however, I had previously returned a pair as the lens had not been finished and you could see the white/unfinished edge on the lens - not sure if this was due to bad fitting or unfinished, but bad workmanship either way, anyway I did give them a second chance. On collection quick check to see if they fitted ok, and off I go, its not until you get home and really have a look in the mirror, same problem as last time but not as bad, so another trip and they agreed the edge had not been finished but said they can send them back to be finished? Is it me or would you expect the glasses to be finished when you collect them? Despite being a very loyal long term customer I don't think I will return."
"Called in with eye lid and duct problem in Crewe branch assistant was not interested in my dilemma because my eye sight not impaired told me to see gp. Called into specsavers could not have been more helpful put me at ease will not be going to vision express again not very professional."
"Great service, eye test was thorough, the optician identified I needed varifocal lenses, this was undetected at another opticians which I went to as my work covered the cost. The Vision Express optician listened to what I was saying about using my current glasses that are over 5 years old. The assistant in the main store was very friendly and helpful and did not push anything, she did however tell me all the information that I needed to make my own decision. My wife, son and daughter all go to Vision Express for their glasses and contact lenses, I'm added myself to the group. Fantastic service, honest prices and very efficient."
"Good service and Attentive"
"Absolutely disgusting prices. The franchise in Farnham charges almost 50 percent more than the one in Haslemere. The prices are very very high. Its £39 to get single vision lenses put in a pair of frames in specsavers. Its £79 to do the same thing in vision express. They both have the same overheads. Do not go here if you respect value for mone"
"Usually go elsewhere but had broke glasses and could not get an appointment at regular opticians. Got appointment next day at vision express. Lovel staff initially. Eye test was very good. Superb range of frames. Chose frames but felt like I could not have a proper look around store as the girl helping was obviously doing her job and trying to help but kept bringing me frames to try and didn't really let me browse on my own. I have vari vocals so needed measurements which the girl did then got a second opinion, bothe were different measurements so they had to be done again. Glasses ordered and paid for and to be honest it only took a few days to arrive. Returned to store to collect glasses. Given box and told to try on. Lenses were dirty after obviously being at factory . Not cleaned by staff , just told to try on and asked if they felt ok which they did,. I had a quick look in mirror, said thanks and left. At no point were they check whilst on my face to see if everything was perfect. On returning home, instead of everyone I saw saying how nice my new glasses were they were saying how different each side of the frame was to the other. On inspection and even drawing an outline on paper of the frame, it was so obvious that the left side was pointed and the right side rounded. I returned next day to show them the fault, the girl was very nice and noticed immediately. I left them with her until a manager was in next day and someone would ring me. They rang, left message on answer machine saying they had reordered new frames and would ring when in. I was not happy with this so rang asking for my money back, which was my statutory entitlement. I had to visit the store for a refund. And when I did this the manageress was quite abrupt, gave refund with a very strange manner . She acted as if the money was coming out of her own pocket. At no point did she try and get me to browse for another pair or even apologise for their mistake.or even give me the eyetest free for all my inconvenience of firstly having no glasses because of their incompetence and secondly for my time wasted. Or for that matter the fact that they are trained at their job and let me get measured for lenses in a wonky pair or frames by two staff then on picking them up, let me leave the store wearing a wonky pair of glasses. The complete glasses were Little short of £500 and they were shocking. The customer after care was absolutely appalling. And I would never return or recommend. You are the professionals at this not the customer yet you let someone buy and walk away with unwearable glasses then made me feel like they were a child at school who had done something wrong when they were returned for a refund."
"The worst customer experience. Customer service takes almost a week to respond despite giving them a chance to resolve the matter. Loyalty to store since 2012 despite moving 35 miles away. I wasted 4 trips to store. Ordered frames that didn't turn up and was called to come to store and select, I was then told frames selected on their site will take 12 weeks to arrive. Reluctantly selected a brand I didn't like and requested a refund the next day.I was told they only do refunds on Friday's. After insisting on getting a refund, 10 days after the refund money still not refunded. Called to query but staff said I will need to contact my bank, bank said refund definitely hasn't been done. Customer service never pick up calls or respond to emails. Staff only took interest to investigate after I repeatedly called the store. Later told there must have been an error on the day and asked to visit the store again for them to re process the refund. This is the 1st time I have ever left a negative feedback and the last time I will ever use your company. Some of the staff were great. Use Vision Express at your own risk!"
"Asked us if we had any vouchers for a free eye test and told us where we may be able to find one."
"Seeking new spectacles I walked in to their Stirling shop was attended to immediately by a pleasant and friendly member of staff who completed the sale to my entire satisfaction. I was advised that the spectacles would be ready to collect within 2 weeks and they would contact me when they were in which they did within 6 days I felt I had picked the right supplier which made me happy."
Vision Express is rated 2.43 based on 23 reviews