Vision Express Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend Vision Express

How would you rate Vision Express?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

10 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Richard

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Vision Express in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Richard Mcferran
"Great service, eye test was thorough, the optician identified I needed varifocal lenses, this was undetected at another opticians which I went to as my work covered the cost. The Vision Express optician listened to what I was saying about using my current glasses that are over 5 years old. The assistant in the main store was very friendly and helpful and did not push anything, she did however tell me all the information that I needed to make my own decision. My wife, son and daughter all go to Vision Express for their glasses and contact lenses, I'm added myself to the group. Fantastic service, honest prices and very efficient."
Robert
"Good service and Attentive"
"Absolutely disgusting prices. The franchise in Farnham charges almost 50 percent more than the one in Haslemere. The prices are very very high. Its £39 to get single vision lenses put in a pair of frames in specsavers. Its £79 to do the same thing in vision express. They both have the same overheads. Do not go here if you respect value for mone"
"Usually go elsewhere but had broke glasses and could not get an appointment at regular opticians. Got appointment next day at vision express. Lovel staff initially. Eye test was very good. Superb range of frames. Chose frames but felt like I could not have a proper look around store as the girl helping was obviously doing her job and trying to help but kept bringing me frames to try and didn't really let me browse on my own. I have vari vocals so needed measurements which the girl did then got a second opinion, bothe were different measurements so they had to be done again. Glasses ordered and paid for and to be honest it only took a few days to arrive. Returned to store to collect glasses. Given box and told to try on. Lenses were dirty after obviously being at factory . Not cleaned by staff , just told to try on and asked if they felt ok which they did,. I had a quick look in mirror, said thanks and left. At no point were they check whilst on my face to see if everything was perfect. On returning home, instead of everyone I saw saying how nice my new glasses were they were saying how different each side of the frame was to the other. On inspection and even drawing an outline on paper of the frame, it was so obvious that the left side was pointed and the right side rounded. I returned next day to show them the fault, the girl was very nice and noticed immediately. I left them with her until a manager was in next day and someone would ring me. They rang, left message on answer machine saying they had reordered new frames and would ring when in. I was not happy with this so rang asking for my money back, which was my statutory entitlement. I had to visit the store for a refund. And when I did this the manageress was quite abrupt, gave refund with a very strange manner . She acted as if the money was coming out of her own pocket. At no point did she try and get me to browse for another pair or even apologise for their mistake.or even give me the eyetest free for all my inconvenience of firstly having no glasses because of their incompetence and secondly for my time wasted. Or for that matter the fact that they are trained at their job and let me get measured for lenses in a wonky pair or frames by two staff then on picking them up, let me leave the store wearing a wonky pair of glasses. The complete glasses were Little short of £500 and they were shocking. The customer after care was absolutely appalling. And I would never return or recommend. You are the professionals at this not the customer yet you let someone buy and walk away with unwearable glasses then made me feel like they were a child at school who had done something wrong when they were returned for a refund."
"The worst customer experience. Customer service takes almost a week to respond despite giving them a chance to resolve the matter. Loyalty to store since 2012 despite moving 35 miles away. I wasted 4 trips to store. Ordered frames that didn't turn up and was called to come to store and select, I was then told frames selected on their site will take 12 weeks to arrive. Reluctantly selected a brand I didn't like and requested a refund the next day.I was told they only do refunds on Friday's. After insisting on getting a refund, 10 days after the refund money still not refunded. Called to query but staff said I will need to contact my bank, bank said refund definitely hasn't been done. Customer service never pick up calls or respond to emails. Staff only took interest to investigate after I repeatedly called the store. Later told there must have been an error on the day and asked to visit the store again for them to re process the refund. This is the 1st time I have ever left a negative feedback and the last time I will ever use your company. Some of the staff were great. Use Vision Express at your own risk!"
Andrea Denyer Willis
"Asked us if we had any vouchers for a free eye test and told us where we may be able to find one."
Ernest
"Seeking new spectacles I walked in to their Stirling shop was attended to immediately by a pleasant and friendly member of staff who completed the sale to my entire satisfaction. I was advised that the spectacles would be ready to collect within 2 weeks and they would contact me when they were in which they did within 6 days I felt I had picked the right supplier which made me happy."
"New Glasses give me headaches, they did measure and cut lenses taking pupil height into consideration. Major migraine with 5 hours of use. will go back to get them amended."
"My father had to travel several times to Vision Express which wasn't easy for him as he is very ill, they made him several pairs of glasses which were not correct and said his eyes change every time they do a test! The last time he had an appointment with them they changed it without letting him know. Not only were they unapologetic they said they had left a message on his mobile which was a lie. Appalling customer service, awful staff, terrible company."
Janet
"Optician was very informative without being condescending which I've had at other opticians. Test was very comfortable and assistant very helpful in sorting new glasses without being too pushy. Looking forward to having my new glasses"
Vision Express is rated 3.00 based on 10 reviews