Virgin Media Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Virgin Media

How would you rate Virgin Media ?

"when you email an existing customer with confirmation of provision of an additional service at an agreed cost for an agreed period I expect the service to forthcoming. I do not expect to spend 3 hours being directed to different support staff who all tell me the package no longer exists. Dreadful service...time to look elsewhere"
"I just got off the phone with one of Virgin Media's telephone support staff who was absolutely useless and very very slow. It took 22 minutes to deal with closing down an account which is ridiculous. For the purpose of comparison - United Utilities Water Supplier took only 3 and a half minutes and Gas and Electric only 4 minutes. If Virgin are going to charge for customer service calls, they should at very least train their staff to a reasonable standard to make the process quicker and less painful. It is absolutely ridiculous to take so long for such a simple request."
"What a dreadful company. It is our 6th time that we have been unable to access many of the normal channels because we are seemingly 'not authorised' to watch certain channels including BBC4!! Their help line was unable to help. However they booked a technician to arrive between 8 and 12 today, Guess what....they didn't arrive and could not even be bothered to call me. It is time to move onto a new, more responsive, media supplier."
"Billing from day 1 went wrong took nothing for 3 months and the new withrew 3 months at once then increased the price mid contract. Customer service is very poor afterms contract runs out price goes up horrendously but offers only open to new customers"
"I saw a lot of bad reviews of Virgin Media but refused to listen as they were offering me a good deal. I wish I listened as they charged me way more than the expected amount one month and couldn’t give me a reason for this. The manager was extremely rude to me when I asked for an explanation and lied to me twice. NOT RECOMMENDED!"
"I have a multi room TV bundle with Virgin alongside Virgin phone and Vivid 200 optical fiber. I took the contract on 7 Nov 2017. Since then, I had at least 4 days when nothing worked in Apr 2018: the landline phone, broadband and TV all went blank. It took many calls on mobile [not with Virgin] to fix it. Since then broadband and home Wifi keeps dropping more than usual and the hub needs to be reset a few times every day. I've had over a month of this and when I requested Virgin replace the faulty hub, their answer it was not faulty. Wifi could have dropped because of the weather and they would need to montior it a bit longer. AVOID Virgin Media, they seem to have very low expectation for service provision and think it is acceptable for customers to suffer for month on end with equipment that should be under guarantee."
Mrs J Woodward
Verified Reviewer
"New rep lukas Cadman, on his first day out and about, was so polite professional, and very thorough with everything, we came bk to virgin after 6 months with another provider,hes a credit to virgin,thanks lukas youll go far, keep up good work"
"taking my complaint to offcom as I suggest all who have bad experiences with them do. Really bad company, I was lied to multiple times which I have calls recorded and can prove the did this. I would go with someone else but until I can get out of contract I am stucj with this terrible company"
"Absolute appalling customer service from start !! Due installation friday 25th may however this was not done as promised !!! Every single customer service advisor palmed us off with one story too another no apology throughout!!! Installation manager then promised too call back yet again this never happened after numerous calls and disbute . Do not use virgin media !!"
"Internet connection goes off and on every 10mins!!! Each time i have called virgin i had no concrete solution! Virgin charge us for a fiber optic connection but we have not had a single day with a proper internet connectio!"
"I moved house and placed my order on the 16 April 2018, it has now been over a month and i still have not had my install! The install has been rescheduled 3 times due to the engineer running late and by running late I mean they just never arrived! You never receive any communication from Virgin and the only way you can find out what is going on is by calling them and going through the incredibly painful process of trying to talk to someone who knows what is going on! After many many phone calls I was told that they would create a special install instruction to install my service and an engineer would arrive at my house on the specified date between 1 pm and 6 pm. Surprisingly they did not arrive again, I then received a letter in the mail from Virgin stating that my install date has been rescheduled to the 06 June 2018! I never received any form of communication from Virgin to confirm this date is was just randomly selected for me! When i called to enquire about the letter no-one knew what I was talking about and just kept offering to reschedule for a more convenient time! This has been 1 of the most painful processes I have ever been through and cannot wait to cancel my service and never have anything to do with this company again!"
"Never ever again to make contract with Virgin Media. I called on 30th of April to cancel my contract. I told them to disconnect to 31 of May. They already disconnected us on 7th of May. I called them to connect again and they said to wait 72 hours. I waited 3 days and we still didnt have connection. I called them again and they said to wait another 24-48 hours. It was on Thursday , so we waited till Monday. We called them again and they said to wait 24 hours again. Nothing happend again and we called on Tuesday, they said to wait another 72 hours AGAIN!!!!!!! the worst service !!!!!!!!!"
"purchased netgear 1200 a month a go, now it doesnt work, i phoned up virgin to report, the guy at the other end of the phone, said not my problem, because you bought it a month ago, we will not replace the faulty item, i have now started to leave virgin as they are not interested, they are only interest in taking my money, i will never go back with them"
"We had Virgin Media installed and was very happy with the service...... until we chose to move!! Not only did they charge us twice for their error in cancelling the contract earlier than we asked, but they also charged us for the fact that they didn't have the forward thinking of having their cable installed in the new housing estate we were moving to! We refused to pay these unfair charges and was bombarded with threatening bayliff letters and even when we did eventually pay, after having no response from them, they still blacklisted us, which caused us alot of unnecessary grief when applying for any credit and it took 5 years to be removed!!! It is absolutely disgusting how these companies think that it is ok to treat respectable people this way and bully them because of a contract that they haven't abide by... ie. not providing the service in a certain area. We should not be dictated to by Virgin Media, or anyone else, where we move to just because they are not supplying the area!!!"
Jessica Welsh
Verified Reviewer
"Awful service ,i’m A new customer and pre-pull and installation date had been put back yet again so have to wait another 9 days ! When you phone up no one has a clue what’s going on , absolute waste of space , shame on you Virgin media , anyone considering moving over to virgin don’t do it !!!!! Would leave no stars if I could !!!"
"Dreadful customer service"
"Seb & Chris virgin media engineers came to sort out our broadband speed They were polite professional & very helpful Excellent customer service"
"Virgin has been charging me £52.99 for 200meg broadband and a phone line i didnt want, but was told that i cannot broadband with out phone line. After 5 years i called to disconnect there service, i was offered broadband without landline £31 with same 200 meg. way was i lied to and forced to pay £21.99 more then i could get it for. Virgin Media is dishonest and ripping customers off."
"Absolutely appalling customer service! Have to pay for paper copies of your bills and if you don’t, you will receive no notification of when your contract is due to end. They will subsequently sky rocket your monthly payments with no notice. Finally getting through to a manager who is sniggering down the phone, we ended their services whilst still having to pay for two additional months. Do not choose Virgin Media. Not worth the hassle."
CAROL MULLINS
Unverified Reviewer
"Customer service is dreadful.....Noone takes accountability for the issues or evn understands them Technicians who are not skilled. I have had three in a week..one was only 19 only been training in carpentry,one was a restaurant manager and the other a salesman . They have no understanding of the job,the skills required and how to wire etc. \Needless to say my house has been butchered. One technician literally ran off the site AND LEFT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Virgin Media is rated 1.24 based on 207 reviews