Virgin Media Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Virgin Media

How would you rate Virgin Media?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

175 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Marie Turnbull

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Virgin Media in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Marie Turnbull
Unverified Reviewer
"I have had intermittent broadband service for over a year now. The broadband goes off for anything between a few minutes and a few hours. Customer services keep giving me dates for the time it will supposedly be fixed but it just does not get any better. I am sick of the poor customer service and lack of ability to put it right."
"Virgin Media took over 4 months to port my line from BT and then disconnected me once it had ported because they had been billing me from the start for a service that was not working. Customer Service is hopeless.."
"Horrible customer service. Very bad broadband, would want to charge early cancellation fee even though service is bad"
Juliet Taylor
Verified Reviewer
"Like so many others, discovered virgin were going to take 35-45 days to refund me money they owed, by cheque!!! This company thinks it’s still the 80’s! Absolutely disgusted and to add insult to injury, the poorly trained and rude customer service assistant asked if I had any friends she could contact who might want virgin!! Told her I’d only be recommending my friends don’t go near virgin. Eventually resolved through complaining to a different department and making a manual payment to stop virgin helping itself to money it would take forever to refund. Dispicable way to treat a loyal customer. This is just one example of 2 years of shoddy service. Never used to be this bad before. Never again will I use this bunch of cowboys."
"I cancelled my contract mid-November and the service was ceased mid-December but they still took the full month’s fee of £125. I contacted customer Service on 28th Dec and was assured I would receive a cheque for £101 within 10 working days. This time lapsed so I had to call back. Again I was assured I would receive the money by the following Wednesday but It still didn't arrive. I called Customer Service again and was told it would be mid-February! I stated I wanted to raise a complaint and was told it was logged so I'd receive a call within 48 hours. Nothing heard. I rang customer Service again and was advised it is normal for it to take 30 - 45 days to get the refund so I asked to raise another complaint. Instead a 'manager' came on the call but told me the case was resolved as they'd given me the explanation, therefore there was no point raising another complaint. I have contacted my bank and raised an indemnity claim so should have the full £125 returned to me by tonight. Virgin will then need to contact me for the £24; from their process I'm assuming I have 30- 45 days to pay them."
"If you have a balance outstanding forget about talking to a human being. I can only say that this is the most frustrating company to contact. The only way I could speak to a human being was to go through the Sales Department. If Donald Trump wants to build his wall he should ask Virgin to borrow theirs. Contacting Virgin Customer Care (CARE!!!) is the most stressful thing you can do. If you have low blood pressure and want to run a gauntlet, phone Virgin."
"I would not recommend Virgin Media to anyone. The package might look good when you sign up but the small print bites you on the back and you are trapped once you sign for it. They treat you as a bill payer and not a customer. All they want is money and you are just one among their many numbers. No consideration for any situation. When you call them to sign up for a contract they are angels. Once you are with them, they dont care. Who have the time to take them to consumer court. So all you do is pay them till the end of the contract and say a big good bye!"
"We decided to try virgin media and is been a very disappointing experience. First our internet and tv was not connected on the day we were moving, for almost two weeks we had no TV and broadband. So our Christmas was without tv and internet. After that I had to call 3 times to receive a voucher by email to get connected to Netflix. All I hear was sorry and there’s a technical problem."
"First of all, the TV system is extremely complicated, non-intuitive and user unfriendly! So, I decided to switch to Sky. Virgin media first tried hard to persuade us not to switch, but we insisted. They set a date for the discontinuation of the subscription and sent us a pack to return their equipment. We returned the equipment, but monthly bills kept coming!!! 1- I tried to send them a message through their website - No reply - So I stopped the direct debit. 2- I received a letter by post demanding I pay a sum of money immediately, so I called them. 3- If you call the complaint line, they don't answer so you have to call customer service. 4- When I tried to explain my case, the lady on the phone did not want to listen but asked me to pay the "outstanding" amount before anything can be discussed. I refused to pay until they listen to my version of the story, so she threatened to send me the bailiffs. 5- Eventually, after talking to 5 different people and waiting for hours for them to pick up the phone, it turned out that they disconnected my broadband and TV but left the telephone line open, so they asked me to pay for it for a period of 3 months. Please avoid them! They may have a fast internet, but their service is awful. Their TV channel organisation is so complicated and frustrating."
"Poor communication and service for the cost. Numerous faults on a regular basis. Unsatisfactory customer service from such a large company. I would recommend avoiding and using an alternative supplier. Nothing but headaches from day one"
"Horrible! They really can’t understand what I’m asking & my query about. Before they could really look into my request, they start selling thins like refere friends/family, do I want to go for virgin mobile connection. I was moving house and requested for that and the lady over the phone said, I’m going to continue the same existing contract & won’t be a new one. After agreeing the move dates, I got an email saying to sign a contract from the date I’m moving to new property for another year."
"Only had virgin a week but what a nightmare, couldn't use catch up!! Called them and after over an hour on the phone and speaking to 5 people, 3 told me I should be able to access to and 2 said I had to upgrade as catch up are part of box sets! Cancelled after a week and going back to sky! Don't bother with the hassle, can't watch basic catch up channels like 4od. Had to wait for made in Cheadle& first dates 🙄"
"3 months waiting and I didn’t get my phone number or broadband and this really effects my shop as I have a coffee shop and I can’t take cards payment or offer WiFi to my customers cause of virgin Media. U should really carful and don’t trust there appointments at all"
"Virgin media customer service promised me that my bill will stay £29 a month for whole year, suddenly after 3 months they started charging me £34 a month. It's ridiculous service and I wouldn't go to virgin again in future."
Simon Dawson
Verified Reviewer
"I just want to give out a massive thank you to the whole of the virgin media team who helped us with our switch. We moved house on 25th of November and moved with talktalk as we were still in contract. From day one we had no internet. After frustrating chats online and numerous phone calls out we finally got an engineer to come out who spent 2 hours at our house to tell us that there is nothing wrong with the line it's defiantly on talktalk side (we previously had 2 engineers cancel on us when we stayed at home). Again after numerous phone calls they just kept saying you will be updated in 72 hours so I decided to bite the bullet and cancel altogether and went with BT as a new customer as it had some good opening offers. Our live date should of been on the 20th of December but guess what? Orange light and when I phoned BT they said would have send an engineer out even though the last time they said it's all talk talk side. I had enough at this point big time right before Christmas! I decided to call virgin and not only did I realise we could get it at our new property the customer service was fantastic! They talked me through everything and managed to get an engineer come out to set it all up for us 2 days later! Not the standard 10 days you normally have to wait! The engineer come out and was here for 2 hours and told us there was some bad news.. the line is to worn and he can't find a signal so he won't be able to do the job (at this point I couldn't believe our luck) he said he would phone his manager and we would go from there.. 30 mins later get a knock at the door two lads are here apologising and put in a brand new line for us and then the engineer come back out and see it all up for us! I couldn't believe our luck I was so thankful and grateful to virgin and the lads for getting this sorted in 2 days outstanding work! Simon"
"I the consumer Actually lost count to the times I had called Virgin Media regarding a fault that was never fixed even though I was paying for this service. Unfortunately when I called Virgin on countless occasions I was met with rude and most of the time obnoxious customer service advisers based in India I was told.There command of the English language was appalling and constantly repetitive,fault would be fixed was the norm from them,phoned getting slammed down when the conversation got to complicated getting told there tech team are looking into fault ,there Is a problem in my area and Virgin were working on it.This lasted for over 5 months I eventually cancelled home broadband & did an indemnity claim The agreement between me the consumer and virgin the provider was meaningless,pay for a service even though not working,bleed the consumer dry and 10s of thousands like me for there own gain,then breach there data protection by adding false and inaccurate information on there Credit file at a touch of a button which they have done when I the consumer had done nothing wrong. In mediation they offer to clear debt but leave default on Credit file for a period of 5 years? A consumer challenges Virgin & this is the outcome. Dana Strong &Tom Mockridge do not speak or deal with Consumers who pays there wages? If anyone out there has had similar issues please Private message.Will be uploading videos very soon"
"problems can't get solved by staff! Corporate greed! Fine tuned so the customer always pays Terrible service! They say they can only refund you for days the service doesn't work and it needs to be 24 hours in one period! 6 times over 12 hour periods a time and I still need to pay for each day the service isn't working. People are lovely on the phone but they can never actually help you get the refund you need for services you didn't get. I spent 6 hours on the phone and they offered me £3! They then said I shouldn't write a work email from home. As that service is twice the price! Plus Richard Branson he just sued the NHS and won hundred of thousands of £'s! Lovely staff but they have no power to implement refunds! Even though they know it's unfair! This mis managemnt is a clear money saving solution for corporate companies! They know this is happening but they carry on as they know their profit margins are a few million up by knackering out their customers! I wish I'd never given them so much of my money for so little in return! Lovely engineers who go out of their way for you! But management are obviously Money grabbing and don't care about their product! Don't use them!"
"Absolute joke of a company. I haven’t had internet since the 11th December so I contacted Virgin on that day to ask when this was going to be fixed. I was told that it was an ‘area problem’ and that it would be fixed soon. On the 12th I still don’t have any internet so once again I call and I am told it will be fixed shortly and it is still an ‘area problem’. On the 13th I still don’t have internet so this time I call and I ask them to cancel the service and I will go and sort internet elsewhere (I use the internet to stream, I buy and sell things on the internet, my partner uses it for work so it is quite a big part of life this day and age). Once I ask them to cancel it only now do they seem to care and try to offer to do something about it. I was told at this point that the earliest a technician would be available is the 19th December. This is disgraceful as in this day and age as the majority of business is done over the internet. What also has wound me up is they have for some reason actually got to come to my house to fix the problem, even though it’s an ‘area problem’. So if I hadn’t of called and made an issue of it nobody would have actively contacted me and let me know this. Also, the only time that virgin can do is when I am at work and my partner can’t be there. I tell them this and instead of organising a time that day when I’m home they tell me it will have to be another day after the 19th. So now I’m going to have to either leave work early, which this could potentially cost me a sale as I’m in sales or I live without the internet for even longer. So the questions I have are: 1. Is this an ‘area problem’ or a problem with my line/software? 2. Do you actually treat all of your customers this way? 3. Can somebody who actually has any form of authority contact me and get this sorted immediately and actually give me some decent customer service? The only positive I will say is that when the internet works it is great but as soon as there is a problem they are absolutely useless! I look forward to hearing from somebody in the very near future."
"Really quick to sign you up. Engineer no show! No communication wish I had never signed up. Now saying they will have to re book installation so will be without a phone and broadband which I need for my job. Manager not wanting to speak with me. I was assured that there would be no disruption to my landline and now they are saying they can’t reschedule till way into January! So no phone till then. No prioritisation an absolute joke. Such a big company and this is the service you get. I am disgusted. I would have given a zero if I could!"
"Customer service conveniently hang up when they can not deal with your enquiry, I feel unless my enquiry involves me handing money over, Virgin are not interested. I have never received an official contract, without the contract I can't use the details to set up a virgin email address/username to view my contract/account. My free gift incentive of a TV was never honoured. When we call we get passed around and the call ends up dead. I feel unless you are a new customer buying, they're not interested. If this is how they do business, they should be keeping an eye on the classifieds for a new job when it all come tumbling. Used to be pretty good to deal with but now a total falure. Good luck in your new jobs, if you can get one."
Virgin Media is rated 1.19 based on 175 reviews