Virgin Media Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Virgin Media

How would you rate Virgin Media?

186 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Lynn

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Virgin Media in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Hi, my name is Lynn and I got virgin media installed a few months ago. My son Luke was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2014 when he was only 8, he absoulty loved horses but from 2015 he was unable to leave home due to his health. We got virgin media installed late January this year and the engineer (Ryan) was amazing, after his install he took an extra hour and a half to sit and talk to Luke mostly about horses and motorbikes lol and he left that was great in itself but next day Ryan returned to our home with a horse box and 2 horses 😢 I could not have imagined someone being so kind to my son. Ryan walked the horses right up to Luke's window and at that moment my son was a picture of health, he even managed enough strength to pet them for a few minutes. Sadly 6days later we lost my angel Luke and i am only getting round to it now but I just wanted to thank Ryan and virgin media for his kindness. If this helps his tech code is 40757."
"Engineer give my son his last smile"
Stephen Wood
Verified Reviewer
"THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING. HONESTLY THE WORST I HAVE EVER EVER EVER EXPERIENCED! I WOULD NEVER GO WITH VIRGIN AGAIN EVEN IF THEY PAID ME! - FROM DAY ONE AND EVERY MONTH ONWARDS I WAS BILLED 50% MORE THAN I SHOULD HAVE AND EVERY TIME I CALL TO CORRECT IT FOR NEXT MONTH IT COMES THROUGH THE HIGHER AMOUNT AGAIN!! AFTER 6 MONTHS OF THIS I DEMAND A CANCELLATION - IT CONTINUED - NEXT MONTH - PLEASE CANCEL - NEVER HAPPENED - THIRD TIME - FINALLY CANCELLED, THEY CANCELLED MY DIRECT DEBIT, NO MORE VIRGIN - FINALLY!!!! BUT, THE BOX TO RETURN THE GOODS NEVER CAME, THE WIFI WAS STILL CONNECTED, AND THE DREADED BILL CAME AGAIN...STILL, AT THE WRONG PRICE!!! CALLED TO CANCEL AND I GOT LATE PAYMENT CHARGES DESPITE VIRGIN CANCELLING THE DIRECT DEBIT ON MY BEHALF. NOW PRESSURED INTO PAYING THEM DESPITE THE MANY MONTHS OF WASTED PHONE CALLS TO AVOID WHATEVER IMPACT IT COULD HAVE ON A CREDIT SCORE. IT IS HONESTLY NOT WORTH IT, I SPENT MORE TIME DEALING WITH THE ISSUES THAN ACTUALLY USING THE INTERNET I WAS PAYING FOR (Male, 27, West London, house of two)"
"Awful customer service. Trying to find someone to actually help you instead of just passing you off to another department is just impossible. Continue to the have the same problem over and over where an account that has switched holder as we're in a shared house keeps being re-set to the previous (now left) account holder and to their email address so we can't access our account at all!"
"Disgraceful service! Broadband off for 9 weeks now due to a fault in the area. Multiple calls to customer service and technical team and no resolution and empty promises (we heard "will be fixed by tomorrow!" a dozen times). Payment only partially reimbursed. When called to cancel was told that early cancellation fees of £100 will be applied (contract expires in two months). Here is the cherry on the cake - I asked whether it's fair for us to pay for a service that we do not get and poor customer service, the answer was: "Time will tell." I understand tech issues and would have considered staying with Virgin if not for this deplorable way of treating customers. Disgraceful service!"
"One of the worst companies for complaints to deal with. I have had to go through an arbitration service (cisas) to get compensation for abysmal service. Avoid like the plague."
"They said i would be better off changing my package and i listened to them and in fact it is now costing me more!"
MARIO SEQUEIRA
Unverified Reviewer
"i dialed 150 to cancel my contract, because i was paying too much, the person who answered told me that he will get me a better deal,double the speed to 200mb plus weekend i also mentioned that i need to call abroad mobiles not land line if he had any package put me on hold and went to find out when comeback said yes we do 1000 minutes all in for £40 i was really pleased a month later received a bill of £137 every call i maid got charged extra called again spoke to manager i told him if the calls are recorded to go and listen to it he said he will get back to me in 7 days but didn't,i called again spoke to kim wans again very disappointed with service and had to pay £137 they only want a costumers money regardless the service 28/2/2018"
"Transferred from sky salesperson said virgin will deal with changing over and I don't need to contact sky. A few months later I receive a debt collection letter saying I owe sky money for not cancelling my tv subscription. When I phoned virgin and explained what's happening they said were sorry for what's happened but were not paying you anything even though I've had to pay the collection agency. They admit they were in the wrong for not giving me the right advice. Never again will I sign up to virgin"
"The installers turned up with half the equipment I ordered and resulted in a second installation appointment having to be arranged. Customer service at Virgin Media is extremely poor. The automatic menu system is difficult to use and near impossible to get through to the right department. They are non UK based and have no idea of UK specific requirements. All Apps including my Netflix subscription have been unavailable due to "signal issues" and needed to be re-set by Virgin Media to re-instate them. ITV Hub has been withdrawn so this facility is no longer available to me. All I want to be able to do is watch local news and local weather but was told to watch CNN news instead. I can get regional news from London and Norwich neither are any good when I live in Sheffield. After several hours on to customer services I was told that Virgin Media do not support many regional news broadcasts. The ability to set recordings from the TV guide on a laptop has been removed so I need to use mobile or set recordings from the Tv/Box when I get home. This is a fundamental service that Virgin Media has removed in the name of progress! My experience in my first 4 weeks with Virgin Media has been far from trouble free and I am counting down the days when I can cancel and get out of my contract with them."
"PROBLEMS getting refund still have not received it over 6 months after leaving them. Also an engineer called wrongly today and when he left he left my gate open"
Marie Turnbull
Verified Reviewer
"I have had intermittent broadband service for over a year now. The broadband goes off for anything between a few minutes and a few hours. Customer services keep giving me dates for the time it will supposedly be fixed but it just does not get any better. I am sick of the poor customer service and lack of ability to put it right."
"Virgin Media took over 4 months to port my line from BT and then disconnected me once it had ported because they had been billing me from the start for a service that was not working. Customer Service is hopeless.."
"Horrible customer service. Very bad broadband, would want to charge early cancellation fee even though service is bad"
Juliet Taylor
Verified Reviewer
"Like so many others, discovered virgin were going to take 35-45 days to refund me money they owed, by cheque!!! This company thinks it’s still the 80’s! Absolutely disgusted and to add insult to injury, the poorly trained and rude customer service assistant asked if I had any friends she could contact who might want virgin!! Told her I’d only be recommending my friends don’t go near virgin. Eventually resolved through complaining to a different department and making a manual payment to stop virgin helping itself to money it would take forever to refund. Dispicable way to treat a loyal customer. This is just one example of 2 years of shoddy service. Never used to be this bad before. Never again will I use this bunch of cowboys."
"I cancelled my contract mid-November and the service was ceased mid-December but they still took the full month’s fee of £125. I contacted customer Service on 28th Dec and was assured I would receive a cheque for £101 within 10 working days. This time lapsed so I had to call back. Again I was assured I would receive the money by the following Wednesday but It still didn't arrive. I called Customer Service again and was told it would be mid-February! I stated I wanted to raise a complaint and was told it was logged so I'd receive a call within 48 hours. Nothing heard. I rang customer Service again and was advised it is normal for it to take 30 - 45 days to get the refund so I asked to raise another complaint. Instead a 'manager' came on the call but told me the case was resolved as they'd given me the explanation, therefore there was no point raising another complaint. I have contacted my bank and raised an indemnity claim so should have the full £125 returned to me by tonight. Virgin will then need to contact me for the £24; from their process I'm assuming I have 30- 45 days to pay them."
"If you have a balance outstanding forget about talking to a human being. I can only say that this is the most frustrating company to contact. The only way I could speak to a human being was to go through the Sales Department. If Donald Trump wants to build his wall he should ask Virgin to borrow theirs. Contacting Virgin Customer Care (CARE!!!) is the most stressful thing you can do. If you have low blood pressure and want to run a gauntlet, phone Virgin."
"I would not recommend Virgin Media to anyone. The package might look good when you sign up but the small print bites you on the back and you are trapped once you sign for it. They treat you as a bill payer and not a customer. All they want is money and you are just one among their many numbers. No consideration for any situation. When you call them to sign up for a contract they are angels. Once you are with them, they dont care. Who have the time to take them to consumer court. So all you do is pay them till the end of the contract and say a big good bye!"
"We decided to try virgin media and is been a very disappointing experience. First our internet and tv was not connected on the day we were moving, for almost two weeks we had no TV and broadband. So our Christmas was without tv and internet. After that I had to call 3 times to receive a voucher by email to get connected to Netflix. All I hear was sorry and there’s a technical problem."
"First of all, the TV system is extremely complicated, non-intuitive and user unfriendly! So, I decided to switch to Sky. Virgin media first tried hard to persuade us not to switch, but we insisted. They set a date for the discontinuation of the subscription and sent us a pack to return their equipment. We returned the equipment, but monthly bills kept coming!!! 1- I tried to send them a message through their website - No reply - So I stopped the direct debit. 2- I received a letter by post demanding I pay a sum of money immediately, so I called them. 3- If you call the complaint line, they don't answer so you have to call customer service. 4- When I tried to explain my case, the lady on the phone did not want to listen but asked me to pay the "outstanding" amount before anything can be discussed. I refused to pay until they listen to my version of the story, so she threatened to send me the bailiffs. 5- Eventually, after talking to 5 different people and waiting for hours for them to pick up the phone, it turned out that they disconnected my broadband and TV but left the telephone line open, so they asked me to pay for it for a period of 3 months. Please avoid them! They may have a fast internet, but their service is awful. Their TV channel organisation is so complicated and frustrating."
Virgin Media is rated 1.22 based on 186 reviews