Virgin Media Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Virgin Media

Tell us how Virgin Media made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a week
"We stayed with VM for just 2 weeks then cancelled !! (14 day right to cancel terms). We wanted to run it in parallel to our BT service to see if it was at least as good as BT. Right from the start it was not promising - the poor guy turned up to install and the street team had not pulled through the cable or informed him - this delayed things by 3 weeks. The wireless router was not good enough - could not reach all rooms in our small house (a call centre agent suggested leaving doors and windows open!!). They tried to flog us a booster kit - but I had to argue they could not charge us extra to get a basic service working. The long and short of this sorry tale is that I spent a lot of time (and got quite stressed) on a merry go round of calls to call centres in geographically different places and always seemed to have to start again from scratch ("how can I help you today"?) and teams often contradicted each other of denied something agreed previously had happened. On at least one occasion I was pretty much lied to - to get us to stay beyond the 14 days. Anyway, booster never turned up, so we pulled the plug (figuratively and literally). Steve Edmeades Northwood Hills."
Are you Virgin Media? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Virgin Media receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Great low cost national & International sim cards, great customer services. I am with them from last 5 years never had any trouble, use sim only deals with unlimited text, WhatsApp & Facebook messenger. Loving it :)"
"Recently we moved house, I contacted Virgin media before the move and they told me I could take the broadband and connect it in the new house myself. I get to the new house and guess what - there is no socket for the fiber optic cable.. I contact them again and explain the situation, the first agent I spoke to transferred me to another department, after I spoke to an agent in that department they put me on hold so they could get it sorted out. After couple minutes of waiting another agent answers the phone and asks me the same question again "How can I help?". At this point I am thinking - are you serious?!?! So once again I started explaining the situation and she just hangs up on me... Are you fucking serious right now?!?! Shittiest customer service ever!!! After being held on the line for God knows how long - not only do they not resolve my issue, they also just hang up on me. Guess it is time to move on to a better provider.."
"We did not receive a discount without calling 3 times. We did not receive a promised virgin mobile discount and we were sent a virgin media bill 3x that of what was agreed. On top of this, service is scripted and unwilling to take the needs of the customer into account."
"Rubbish customer service. RIP OFFS. They’ve been overcharging me for months. Talked to Ruth a MANAGER. Basically been called a liar while reading out facts about my contract, trying to cancel it now. They’re trying to charge me more than £140. DONY RECOMMEND THEM AT ALL..TRY TO AVOID AT ALL COST."
"I contacted virgin to cancel my contract because i had no income since april, this is what happened. mu contract was £71 pm plus line rental. I was passed through 3 different operators with an arguement at each. the 3rd, told me that i could have the SAME package minus TV for £30pm. Within a month i received a letter to say it was going up 10%. I have been charged £68, £66 and I am now being charged £93 for November. I was not told I was going to be charged 20p min for local calls and it . I am UTTERLY OUTRAGED. Redhill I have been LIED to and CHEATED. I AM CONTACTING EVERYONE I CAN THINK OF TO RATE MY EXPERIENCE."
"My experience with the customer service deserves a below zero rating but there isn't such an option. The customer representative that I spoke to did not let me finish what I wanted to say and kept interrupting me every time I tried to explain my problem and at the end when I asked to speak to a manager, he refused to put me through. In a few words arrogant, ignorant and did not help or give me any advice at all!"
"'m not very impressed with the lever of service having to wait 12 days for a engineer to come down to fix my broad band which there was no fault with in the first place.untill 2 engineers show up to update the cable outside my home since then my interest hasn't been working. called virgin on which they said they will compensate me by reducing my monthly bill for the that month for my inconvenience which was £4.60 what a joke! I pay £46.00 per month and my internet has been off for 12 days how's that work out to £4.60?? I'm not really impressed at all .if things don't change I'm going else where"
"Internet has been down for 3 days now. No explanation, no text message of update. So I have decided to call their customer service to have some details. The person on the phone asked me for my password which wasn't reconized. He asked me then for the amount of my last bill which I couldn't access as my internet is down. So, we couldn't access to my account. He wouldn't change the procedure even though the fact that I couldn't clear the security question wasn't my fault but theirs. He didn't want to put me through a manager as I hadn't had clearance !!!!! As if I would have been a threat to this manager over the phone. I am very very upset and disappointed with Virgin media service and the customer service. Looking at a new provider as many who are left away with no internet should do."
"Joined via an official virgin media door to door salesman in October 2018. Salesman offered me 50mb broadband, Anytime landline calls, TV player bundle and free sky sports for 3 months – all for £32 per month. It sounded like a great deal so I even got a friend to sign up via the same salesman. The numerous problems started from the get-go, I will list it out for easier reading. 1. I repeatedly told the salesman that I have never had virgin media before whilst signing a pre contract in my house. Salesman still went ahead and booked the wrong type of installation (Engineer thought I had a virgin line already installed). So I got a new installation date for 2 weeks later, had to call my previous provider to extend the notification period which was tricky. 2. Also mentioned to the salesman, that I wanted the router to go into my bedroom due to my PC and gaming set ups needing an Ethernet connection and to keep my existing landline number. Salesman promised it can be done. Installation day comes (second time around), engineer immediately dictates where the best place for the router to go ignoring my preference. Engineer made so many excuses not to put it in my bedroom, probably because of the extra work needed, so I gave up and it ended up going in the living room alongside the TV box (I bought a powerline extender for £50 just to connect my pc). After the installation, I then find out that my landline number has been changed, I was really frustrated because I have had that number for many years and was looking to keep it. 3. This is where it becomes even darker, I was getting a bit concerned in why I wasn’t getting any emails as you do when you join a new provider and I wanted to make an online account. So I called up the customer helpline and they told me it’s because your email was incorrect .com instead of .co.uk. It was written clearly correct on the pre-contract paper handed to me by the salesman, to my shock my friend also had the same problem. 4. Then out of curiosity I told the customer service guy to read out my package and lo and behold I was on a different package weekend calls and nothing about 3 months’ free sky sports, it was just a normal package offered online. My friend did the same and got the same outcome, even the email situation .com instead of .co.uk 5. I rang the salesman and he kept lying about it just being a mistake and it will be sorted out (basically he was trying to run down my 14 day cooling off period). He eventually stopped answering calls from me and my friend. I then spoke to a manager from the customer services and he agreed that there was some mis-selling going on and will honour what I was promised if I sent a copy of the pre-contract to his email, which I then did. He then replied that everything was sorted, far from the truth as I saw no change on my account. 6. The last straw, I called again, really wanted to cancel it as I was fed up and 3 days away from the cooling off period. Was told the same thing by a different manager honour the contract etc. I then look at my account again and I see that my first bill is £120 including 50-pound installation fee when I was promised free installation. The 2 managers basically messed up my package beyond repair. 7. I then called up to cancel it finally, had to repeat my story every time I called by the way. Advisor said that I don’t have to pay a penny because the cancellation is within the 14 day cooling off period. No surprise here, they then sent me a bill a week after cancelling of £75 for god knows what reason, had to make further calls to customer service to sort this out, they said it was a mistake don’t worry etc. In Summary a had 2-3 weeks of hell, I was a loyal and happy Sky customer before virgin, I got mis-sold by a sly Virgin Salesman called ‘Kevin’ apparently who lied, the customer service from virgin is also appalling most probably due to untrained employees in the Indian call centre, on top of all this the broadband service went down for 2 days in my area during my few days with virgin. At the end had to re-join Sky. Lesson learnt, Virgin media is diabolical"
"very poor customer services they will agree with you but later they will send you different but and when u speak to customer services they so rude they dont give you straight answer i have wasted my 1 hour trying to resolve this issue waste of time"
"Superfast broadband, when it works. Internet constantly dipping out. Phone the service center at least once a month and never get a solution, they just reset your box and switch your channel, i can do all this myself. Once you are contracted in they dont care. If you have the option of another supplier take it."
"Awful service. Had to cancel after 7 days but they tried to charge me for 2 months. Customer service was equally as bad. Very dissapointed and will never use them again."
"Shocking service from VM regarding our business account (Broadband+landline) It has been more than a month since I submitted a Porting request to move my telephone number from the previous provider to VG. Yesterday they said that no one was dealing with this request and it will take another 20 days to port the line. I also used to get a speed of 270 Mbps on my broadband, now it is 7Mbps or less. The fault team is asking me to send them snapshots for the speedtest and I've been sending them updated snapshots on daily bases but still no one is bothered to call back and to talk about why I am losing speed. The call centre in the Far East is only good in giving apologies with no actions about resolving my connection issues and my landline. My business relay on a good internet connection and a landline telephone and I don't have it in my premises at the moment. I really regret joining Virgin Media and I am Going back to BT Business."
"Service was ok until they overcharge you and you request a refund. The process is so difficult and they obviously don't want to pay you back. This has been going on for over a month and when you reply to their email messages with the information they ask for, you have a response saying "I'm sorry, we don't response from this email address" - seriously this is appalling customer service and I still have no refund."
"Have had dreadful experience, couldn't afford to keep, operator persuaded me take lower package and said I could cancel anytime. Was charged £136 for disconnection even though reasons financial, threatening style text requesting return of equipment that i cant dismantle. For £136 surely they could remove. Don't know what to do but considering taking legal advice."
"The broadband simply went off. I spent more than one hour with them on the phone and they simply told me to wait one week for the technician to visit my place. The customer service was really dry and unpolite. How awful. I've just decided to leave the company. It's really not fair (not to mention that I spend more than 100 pounds monthly to receive in return such a disrespected treatment)."
"Absolutely shocking service! DO NOT USE VIRGIN MEDIA BUSINESS. We are a global payments company head office int he UK and they have not turned up 3 times to install our broadband! We are not left without connectivity and will potentially miss our customer SLAs and could cause the company to incur fines from our regulators! @Virginmedia @virginmediabusiness You have ignored us for several days and no one will act accountable for the problems your poor admin errors! UK companies stay away from Virgin Business this is not a company who looks after its customers!"
"always have delivered what im paying for and more when it comes to broadband with average download speeds of 210mbps. very happy with service! best out there!"
"One star is way more than what they deserve!!! I have been cherged for a new broadband to be delivered at my house (still waiting and it has been 3 weeks) and when i’m calling the customer services, if i’m not waiting for ages, i’m being transfered to another service... Bottom line no know can help me or seems to know why i can’t get my contract started, why there is no account under my name (but yet they took my money) and even better no one is willing to give me my money back. Worst services i ever had in years!!!!!!!"
Virgin Media is rated 1.25 based on 301 reviews