Virgin Holidays Reviews

Virgin Holidays have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

55% of reviewers recommend Virgin Holidays

How would you rate Virgin Holidays ?

"Went to pay for my holiday in the metro centre branch Gateshead not the one in Debenhams that lady was really nice in there but the other in metro centre Won’t accept cash as payment what the monkeys I’m very disappointed with yous virgin"
"Hope Virgin Holidays read the Daily Mirrors article (see below link)and understand what a terrible hotel the memories Varadero Cuba was, staff were rude, you couldn't use the facilities incase you caught some disease as they were messy with other people faeces all over the lobby toilets, i showed them all the pictures and videos i have and i also complained to the virgin Rep on resort upon meeting him the following day but they wasn't interested but why would they be, I'm no celeb or Richard Branson himself, they sold us a pig in a poke of a holiday, 4 star my arse, it was a joke and I'm never booking through them again. If anyone wants to view my news paper article just look up on the daily mirrors wed page. https://www.mirror.co.uk/.../brit-couples-fury-over..."
"We have not got anywhere yet !needed 5 days extra to pay Paid all monies but £500 Was told by store no problem great all pay days in Got voicemail while at work to call. My husband called not a chance for 5 days as we don’t meet criteria What criteria she could not answer we paid on day We are very disappointed and hope holiday is ok Won’t use again so another tour operator will get our £5000 Disgusted"
"Would never book with them again.Hotel not as advertised. Poor hygiene so many complaints. Complained in resort and on return. Once they have your money don’t care. Rotten customer service,"
"Went on The Taste of China tour. The tour was excellent and most hotels good. Only issue for me was that the tips should be charged upfront. Either by Virgin or by the tour guide on arrival. Its not fair to have to worry about tipping different drivers and guides when your up at 5am in the morning to leave to a different location. Get it out of the way and let us enjoy our holiday."
"Virgin Holidays - NEVER AGAIN ! We booked a holiday of 4 in March 2018 in Cuba and paid almost 11k for 2 weeks on all inclusive. Also premium class in the plane. The staff in the plane could not give a monkeys about us, on the return flight had to ask 2-3 times for drinks. Resort (accommodation and food) was below average and local Rep (Vladimir) proved to be very untrustworthy. We landed in Havana and Virgin advertised as a max 2 hours transfer. It was actually more like 3 hours. Toilets and lights in our room not working upon arrival and had to wait for an hour. Booked a romantic cruise dinner for 4 which got cancelled twice due to weather and a refund was promised and we were even give a refund credit card slip. It took almost a month and a half to get our money back, dozens of calls, web chats and emails which mostly remained unanswered. We thought we would give Virgin a go but never again. Once they get your money this is where Customer Service stops."
"Everything!!!!!!"
"No service was booked between resorts so we were assured that we should get a cab and Virgin would reimburse us. 5 emails sent to no reply, called - apparently, its being sorted, but we've been back 3 months and nothing! Useless customer service!"
"Product/holiday titled as Cape, Kruger & Falls. Never informed at point of sale that there was 2 itineries. Natually assumed we were allocated to the accommodations advertised on the website / brochure, which was confirmed 2 days later after booking 10 months ahead. Established following final payment that all 4 accommodations had been changed, apparently we had always been allocated to these itinerary 2 accomodations. Research indicated 2 of them were lower ratings and also we were allocated some 50 kms from the Kruger NP. Pre holiday raised complaint with ABTA and received compensation for VH miss marking and miss selling. Post holiday, have raised another complaint regarding itinerary timings leading to missed inclusive tours and turning up at 1 of the hotels only to find our booking had been made for the same date but for the previous month. In summary Virgin "Howler" Holidays obviously outsource to suppliers and undertake NO due diligence checks. Their South Africa supplier Thompson SA think they can just cut and paste between their itineries 1 & 2 without auditing whether the changes seriously impact inclusive tour events. WILL NEVER USE VIRGIN HOLIDAYS AGAIN"
"Excellent choice of holidays and very easy to book"
"Virgin Scum are shockingly bad HOW MANY BAD REVEWS WILL IT TAKE Virgin are shockingly bad. They are utterly disgraceful They will cancel anything you buy at full price and tell you take it or leave it They don't care about you at all once they have your money.. Utterly disgraceful no one there cares once they have your money You won't get it back BEWARE I had to add they are like modern day pikeys DO NOT TRUST THEM We all pay up like good British people then these scum come along and rip us off"
"Virgin are shockingly bad. They are utterly disgraceful They will cancel anything you buy at full price and tell you take it or leave it They don't care about you at all once they have your money.. Utterly disgraceful no one there cares once they have your money You won't get it back BEWARE I had to add they are like modern day pikeys DO NOT TRUST THEM We all pay up like good British people then these scum come along and rip us off Edit"
"Booked a holiday to Barbados travelling in premium economy on 1st June 2017. Found out today that the premium economy no longer existed and that I had been put into economy. I have a serious back problem and have been saving for years in order to have this amazing experience. However the virgin rep I spoke to really couldn't care less and was delighted to give me back my deposit (held by virgin for over 9 months) in order to cancel the holiday and just get rid of me as a huge disappointment. Appalling service and will never holiday with them again. How they have a reputation as a quality product just shows what good media can do for this company because the reality is that this company simply do not care."
"It’s not Virgin itself as we have been away with them a couple of times now, it’s the holiday they are selling that I think is letting them down. I was very disappointed in the quality of the resort Needs updating. Breakfast ok. Lunch ok. Afternoon tea was a fast. Evening dinner was terrible. Infer structure was old and rotting. Some members of staff need a course on customer care. First room was uninhabitable, mosquito screens missing appeared unclean and smelled of sewage and not a matching item of furniture, broken and stained. The natural beauty of the bay was the best thing and the thing that made it bearable! Can not recommend it and will not be a returning customer"
"We recently used Virgin holidays for a trip to Barbados. From booking to our return home we had First Class service from Virgin. I would highly recommend and will definitely use Virgin again 10/10 !!"
"Customer care is non-existent. Will never book with this awful company again!"
"Sorry Guys but its another 1 star review for you!! We've been in a similar situation to others here with flights changed and only being notified AFTER Virgin Holidays have taken our final balance payment, no communication beforehand at all. Re-visited the Trafford center store where changes were blamed on Virgin Atlantic. Whilst I appreciate the need to change aircraft for maintenance I'm really annoyed at the lack of communication. We'd booked Premium Economy seats and amended our holiday dates to fit in with direct flights as my wife has a bad back so needs plenty of legroom and room to move in the cabin, the option after the amendments from Virgin Atlantic was economy seats with a stop-over in Atlanta - take it or leave it!! We've decided to cancel but we're now left with 3 weeks holiday booked at work and having to start from scratch on finding something else suitable. Even when we cancelled Virgin tried to take a cancellation charge even though we'd been promised a full refund!! Another few days and another few phone calls and we eventually got the full amount back but if Virgin are using this policy on everyone has everyone got the full refunds they're due? and how much is Virgin raking in in interest?? Really disappointing about the lack of customer care for a company perceived as offering "Rockstar Service" and although I've been on a number of Virgin / Virgin Ski holidays before I won't consider booking with them again."
"Booked a year ago through the trafford centre branch, great communication about paying our balance. Once they had our money no communication about a flight change that meant we would miss our connection in Atlanta, found out through a third party seven weeks before departure. Went into store ... they blamed Virgin Atlantic .... half an hour to get through to Virgin Atlantic .... they blamed Virgin Holidays. Changed flight but left with a sour taste. Mr Branson is famous for saying 'look after your staff as they will look after your customers' ... well they don't!"
"I have always been a fan of Virgin, I am even a flying club member, but not from now on. I booked a holiday with them in November to New Orleans, as they were my go to option. However, after looking into the holiday in more detail, I have realised they are charging me over £1000 more per person that British Airways and other companies! I live chatted with one of their customer service representatives to see if they could price match, or if there was just anything they could do, as £1000 per person is a lot. Her initial response was "you can cancel your holiday with us, but you'll lose £200". I didn't even mention cancelling, I just wanted to see if there was something they could do. However, she pretty much refused and just kept repeating that I could cancel. So fine, I will cancel and I will not recommend them nor book a holiday with them again."
"When we arrived we were told our 11 and 9 year old had no beds as Virgin booked a non existent room for us. Second hotel no bed sheets for children and didn’t get any until after midnight food was very poor three people in our family got food poisoning. Virgin changed our hotel last minute to a hotel we would never have chosen was like 18-30’s with smoking in swimming pool inappropriate games / entertainment and adults having sex in the pool. No option to move hotel or come home early awful customer service since we have been home. Would never go again with virgin"
Virgin Holidays is rated 3.29 based on 155 reviews