Virgin Experience Days Reviews

Read Virgin Experience Days Reviews

social.media@virginexperiencedays.co.uk

Virgin Experience DaysStamford HouseBoston DriveBourne End SL8 5YS

Tell us how Virgin Experience Days made you happy
This was a Christmas gift, booking the day as a Big cat keeper was speedy and efficient and well worth it.
Fantastic value for money, we had an incredible day and made some wonderful memories
Absolutely fabulous afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason.
Great day out on a wet day! Motorbike Museum
Went to the Gherkin for cocktails was fabulous. Smashing tasting cocktails and spectacular views. Definitely recommend
Excellent. w were bought the Experience Day as a gift, However we were unable to use the original intention but it was very easy to exchange to suit our needs. A great day!
As a surprise for my husband’s birthday, I booked a Five Supercar Thrill Experience from Virgin which includes a Porsche, Aerial Atom, Lamborghini, Aston Martin & Ferrari, 4 laps per car. I booked with Everyman Racing at the Top Gear track at Dunsfold Aerodrome, sounded amazing and I was so excited for him. Upon arrival he attended a safety brief covering off the do’s & don’ts for his time on the track. One of the do’s was to “drive it like you stole it!” (The exact words from the spokesman). During the brief you’re advised to pay an extra £20 to go on a 2 demo laps with an Everyman employee “so you don’t waste your time in the supercars going slow trying to learn the track!” My husband paid £20 and was a passenger in a normal car which only did 1 lap! You’re then given an itinerary, with time slots for each car you’re booked to drive around the track. Each car has a dedicated area, with a flag and barrier where you queue up and await your timeslot. On the other side of the barrier you’ll see a top model of that car parked for all to admire while you wait for your turn. When it’s your time to drive, your name is called out, you go through the barrier only to be walked PAST the top model cars and taken to a row of cars parked across the other side of the pit. These cars are a lot older. When you get in the cars, you’re told you can’t go over 4,000 revs and you can’t go fast. You’re constantly told to slow down, even to the point of the Everyman assistant passenger knocking the gears down with his hand while you’re driving! Whilst in the 8 year old Ferrari, my husband mentioned to the Everyman assistant that in the brief everyone was told they could “drive it like they stole it” to which the assistant replied, “yeah that’s a lie, we’re are not able to go over 3,000 revs in the Ferrari as we’ve had noise complaints and our boss will know the car is being driven fast!” So the Ferrari does 10,000 revs and my husband can only do 3,000!! And as for noise complaints, the track is on an Aerodrome!! So if you want to drive the top model cars you’re escorted past, you have to go to the Sales tent and pay extra to upgrade to the top model Supercars….. but hold on, I thought that’s what I’d already booked on the Virgin Experience website!?! So why would I need to pay extra for something I’ve already purchased!?!? The whole thing is a sales gimmick, you think you’re booking Supercars, but they’re old bangers! And if you want the top model supercars you have to shell out more money on the day to get what you already thought you were getting!?! In the package I’d paid for my husband to be a passenger in a high speed lap around the track. The lap isn’t high speed at all and it’s not even in a supercar! My 82 year old Grandad drives faster! What a HUGE disappointment! Don’t waste your money!
Hi Tamsyn,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

We're sorry to hear that the experience didn't go as expected. Driving experiences vary depending on the weather on the day, how may other participants are on the track and any previous experience in a similar car. All of these aspects can affect the speed you are able to go, but we do appreciate that customers want to put their foot down! The instructors are trained to keep you and others safe, whilst allowing you to go as fast as possible.

Please be assured that we like to meet with our suppliers regularly, so we will be sure to pass on your comments at the next meeting. However, if you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to pop us an email (info@virginexperiencedays.co.uk) and we will be only too happy to help.
Great service and easy to use! Loved the chocolate workshop
Always had fantastic experiences using virgin experience vouchers, and have more booked!
Was great value for money.
Fantastic event explained really well
Food excellent and staff lovely- highly recommend
We had a great time at the Chiltern Valley Winery and Brewery. It was really informative with fantastic tasting wines and beers. Beautiful setting too.
Very informative and interesting facts about gin. The tasting session having a seaside theme. The meal was good too! The hotel was an excellent venue and we would highly recommend it
Excellent Chilford Hall vineyard experience. Very knowledgeable guide, complimentary tea and coffee and an actual visit to see the grape vines. We sampled five English wines, which were of generous proportions followed by a two course lunch. The whole experience was informative and enjoyable.
Fabulous Afternoon Tea on a river boat in York. It was my 60th birthday present from the family. A gorgeous day (18th Sept) and our experience was lovely on board with a delightful Captain and friendly crew. The sandwiches and cakes were just perfect. A great atmosphere on board with a combination of relaxing music and commentary. Looking forward to taking our friends from Staffordshire when they visit us next summer.
Was given this voucher for Xmas last year, ok, so it took 9 months to use it but it was worth the wait! Would definitely recommend the Patisserie Valerie cream tea!
Fabulous day thank you and I misplaced our tickets and managed to get replacements last minute. Thank you we both loved the BA Flight and Brighton Pavilion. Can thoroughly recommend.
Don't bother with Brasserie Blanc...go to Cote Brasserie for better value.
Hi Richard,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.
We're really sorry to hear of your disappointment and we will be sure to pass your comments onto the supplier directly.
Have used virgin experience days several times, great for birthday gifts, date ideas, days out etc. There’s always something different and new to try and at great prices, especially when they offer a student discount. Will continue to use them to save money and so I can set the bar even higher each date night lol!
Virgin Experience Days is rated 4.13 based on 2,030 reviews