Viking Direct Reviews

16% of reviewers recommend Viking Direct
09AM
9AM

About Viking Direct: Viking is Ireland’s leading supplier of office supplies, we offer an extensive range of office supplies, first class customer service and unbeatable prices.Our range of office supplies includes everything from office furniture, computer desks, and filing cabinets to ink cartridges and office stationary. Whatever you need for your office, we’ve got it covered. Free delivery is available on all orders over €75, Visit our delivery page for more information on our same day delivery and next day delivery service. Browse our wide selection of office supplies and order online today. Viking has all the inspiration your office needs!<br /> <br />

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Viking Direct made you happy

Over 7 Days
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Over a week
"GOOD UNTIL SOMETHING GOES WRONG … GOOD UNTIL SOMETHING GOES WRONG incredibly useless customer service! Placed order for 20 reams of paper arrived badly damaged, returned and still waiting for a refund 3 months later! made 17 phone calls and numerous e mails, each time to be told that the matter is in hand and the refund will be in my account with 3 - 5 days. Stupidity got the better of me and I placed a further order one month ago as they offered me a £20 good will credit on my account. Order arrived, but charged full price even though I ordered on phone and operator assured me that the £20 credit would be deducted from the balance. Made further phone calls (0844) so chargeable on both landline and mobile (cost £17) yes you get put on hold and transferred between several departments! Well they have WON, I'm giving up (owed a total of £77) but just not worth the stress! GOOD LUCK UNTIL SOMETHING GOES WRONG!"
Are you Viking Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Awful returns process. Collection driver arrived on wrong day then did not turn up at all on another day. I received no call back when I raised a complaint the first time. I would not recommend"
"Awful, I ordered and was then told the company already had an account and they would merge it. Now they can't find my order anywhere."
"Delivery was really fast and reliable, but the horrors if you had to use customer services. Every single representative gave me different conflicting information, about when my return will be collected, what is the status of my return when my refund was issued and when it will be paid. Can't decide if they are set up like this or just incompetence of customer service."
"Viking direct will not let me publish even a moderately poor review , it will only accept good reviews when I have published good reviews on their review site. Need I say more!"
"Orders are always for the office at a rural estate and supposed to be next day delivery, deliveries always late and lately deliveries have not appeared at all. Phoned to find out what's happening and was put on hold then hung up on and they have not returned my call"
"Trying to arrange a collection of a return since December. Not only their CS team and collections team failed to arrange to collect the goods, but there is no way of shipping it into their warehouse. This has become a costly joke for us in terms of time, and one of the worst customer services experiences I had in my life. Choose other suppliers."
"TERRIBLE SERVICE AND NO PRODUCT. Ordered a folder which was dispatched to wrong address but never arrived. Re-sent to correct address - never arrived. Spent 3 occasions trying to find out where my order was with their "customer service" team which was at premium rate calls so ended up costing about £20 for the phone call. Still no product although payment was taken immediately. WILL NEVER USE THIS THIRD RATE COMPANY AGAIN."
"Terrible customer service - Stay clear! Poor customer service. Products arriving damaged. Complicated credit account. Confused accounts departments. Difficult to understand call centre."
"I stopped ordering card that I needed for my business since Yodel started delivering for Viking as the box was always damaged and the corners of the card squashed. I needed some quickly and they could deliver the next day, so ordered some and it came it a taped up box, lid hanging off and corner of the card squashed again. Last time I sent it back and never received the replacement but was still charged. At £ 10.49 +VAT it shouldn't look second hand when you get it."
"I'm very disappointed with Viking service (Part of Office Depot) . I'm extremaly unimpressed about wasting my time with lack of information. Made an order based on false advertisement: next day delivery. After completing payment, received an email about 'backorder list' without additional information. Forced to look on Web - found out delivery will take 14 days. No customer service available. Must wait until Monday and call to South Africa in order to cancel order. Extreme waste of time. I do not recommend company"
"10 days and order not received, numerous telephone calls waiting phone call from manager and still waiting........ Requested refund so I can purchase elsewhere as I am told another 1-2 days which could be 3/4/5 or even next month if I'm lucky. Viking should remember its the second order that is the most important as customers are happy with their first order. Very much doubt I will be placing 2nd order. Anyone placing an order with these should at their own peril!!!!!!"
"Appalling customer service!!!!! 6 orders placed in the last 3 months, problems with all of them, including the last one which is still undelivered after a week!! Customer services is a nightmare to get hold of and full of lies. No callbacks are honored, no apology is given and today they are experiencing an "Emergency Situation" and no live chat or calls are being accepted!! AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!"
"Viking took payment for an item they never sent... trying to get hold of someone to credit this back to us is proving difficult."
"Hopeless. They lost our delivery, placed a new order, then tried to charge us twice. Currently fighting off 7 day demand for payment. AVOID!"
"Disgraceful customer service, call backs promised and get cut off when you have waited on hold for 30 mins. No response from Yodel couriers either. Our company will never use viking again as this is not the first time we have had issues with delivery and customer service."
"I would give -100 stars if possible. Viking business account. Deliveries often ended up next door, which is quite a walk. I ordered an item which was faulty, so a collecting and replacement was arranged. This should have taken place the next day but didn't. I chased and was promised delivery/collection 4 times by both Viking and Yodel, with the excuse from Yodel that 'they had a huge delivery backlog'. Yes, because you're incompetent. I gave up and cancelled the order with Viking, who contacted me the next day to say it was out for delivery. It was refused at the door. Two weeks later and I am still waiting for collection of the faulty item. I will never use Viking again, and will avoid any company I know used Yodel as their delivery service."
"Placed two orders at the weekend totalling £180, I get a call on Monday to tell me that I need to pay for my orders which are £3.49 each. Total shambles, have to wait 30 days for a refund. I have spent £000’s with this company and will now no longer give them any more of my business. Left me with no packing to process my own orders."
"I ordered toilet roll from Viking direct for next day delivery on November 23rd. Two weeks later it still hasn't come. I have received no response from their customer service team in the last week, despite multiple emails. I've paid in full. When I called them last week, when it was already a week late, they refused to refund me and assured me the toilet roll would be there that day. Literally the worst customer service I've ever had, they wasted my time and effectively stolen my money."
"we are a new customer and ordered some stationary at a cost of £38. All we received was a round tin of m and m chocolates. we have checked our order and it shows delivered so now we have the hassle of sorting this out. A very poor start for a new customer!!!!"
Viking Direct is rated 1.66 based on 67 reviews