Viking Direct Reviews

32% of reviewers recommend Viking Direct
Email, Live Chat, Telephone

How would you rate Viking Direct ?

"I ordered a desktop fan which arrived on the given day. Sadly, it came in pieces and had to be assembled by me (I would have thought assembling any electrical item was potentially dangerous). The accompanying instructions were not good, and the diagram of the component parts bore little resemblance to what I'd received. As a result, I decided to return it, packaged up the fan as instructed, and was told that their courier would collect the next day - any time between 8 a.m. and 6 pm. I have waited in ALL day, not even taking my rubbish downstairs to the bins. And no one has been. Made two calls (at premium rate) to their "Customer Service" people, who appear to be based in India, to complain. Was told parcel will now be collected tomorrow, but have said I'm out after 10.30. Dreadful dreadful service. Viking used to be so much better."
"Don't use this company they take your money and fail to deliver your order. People at customer service lie on the phone. Emails don't get replied to. Premium rate number for queries. Avoid at all costs"
"Ordered Air Conditioner and received confirmation with estimated 5 day delivery. Checked a few days later and showed as on back order. Contacted them after 10 days and was told my order was cancelled as this was an "unbelievable" price. Very careful use of words to try and invalidate the contract but the price was credible as it was advertised as a special sale price. My account still shows as item being on back order and had no formal notification of cancellation. Akin to BA in their attitude to their customers. So in summary, we now have no air conditioner in the hottest spell of weather in recent UK history and little chance of procuring one elsewhere."
"Terrible company, avoid at all costs. Will take orders, not deliver them, not get in touch and then when you get in touch say you need to add on items to get the delivery. When you ask why no one got in touch to let you know they say nothing. Tried sorting out for ages and whoever i was talking to kept messing it up, i was then told if i wanted a refund i had to go to someone else. Go somewhere else."
"They sell products that THEY DON'T HAVE ANYMORE and then they PRETEND that they sent the product to you and have the courage to say that they tried delivering the product 3 times! I have concierge 24 hours a day and receive packages every week without any issue! DO NOT BUY WITH THEM!"
"Worst company ever. Took pending payment, confirmed order....3 weeks later I was informed (only when I enquired) that the order was not coming !! Wish I could give zero stars. I will NEVER deal with Viking direct again"
"rubbish customer service!!"
"I placed an order online, 8 days later I contacted Viking to see where my order was. They said its been cancelled by them and to see Section 17 of their terms and conditions. The item apparently had been offered at too low a price ( it went up considerably the next day). No contact from Viking at all, and if I hadn't chased my order I would still be waiting. Rubbish customer service, past from pillar to post with no more than a sorry have you read our terms and conditions."
"Confirmation of order email stated delivery within 5 working days. After 10 days I contacted company for an update only to be told that my order was cancelled due to a pricing error! I have to wonder if they were ever going to tell me. The order still shows as confirmed in my account. Very unreliable."
"Placed an order, 9 days later nothing arrived, no emails or phonecalls. Called Customer Service, they cancelled my order without notifying me by phone or email. Joke of a company - AVOID."
"After waiting 10 days for my order, I called them up to ask when I will receive it but they told me that the order was cancelled due to a price error.... unbelievable bad customer service not only did they cancel order after confirming it but they didn’t think of contacting me to let me know that they cancelled my order, just shows you how much they give a damn about their customers.. oh and btw they still have my money. Stay well away from Viking worst customer service and reliability"
"This company is extremely unreliable and have zero regard for their customers. In 32 degree heat, I ordered a portable air conditioner from the site after spending quite a bit of time researching and comparing units across various sites. I received an order confirmation which stated delivery of the unit would be done within 5 working days. After a week went by and still no air con unit, I contacted customer service to ask about the status of my order. 4 days later I receive a response saying, they had a system error and the price for the unit was now triple the cost I had paid for it, so they wouldn't be delivering the unit and would refund my money - (which still hasn't happened). Me and my family have been weathering the heatwave in anticipation of the unit for a whole 2 weeks, only to be disapointed by this company. All they could offer was a measly 10 quid voucher towards the purchase of something on their site - as if I would be stupid enough to ever shop with them again. Bottom line, errors happen on sites for all manner of reason, a company that had regard for their customers would be pro-active in contacting their customer to explain they were having technical issues and wouldn't be able to fulfil an order, not wait 2 weeks for the customer to contact them. Just appalling."
"I purchased 2 air conditioning units last weekend from this store and received a confirmation email stating the items would be delivered in 5 working days. As the 5 days expired today I contacted the company and they advised that it had been a pricing error and the order had been cancelled. The company made no attempt to inform me of this fact and we have been suffering in the hottest week of the year looking forward to being more comfortable next week. If there was a mistake then fair enough but not to inform your customers is unforgivable. I do not believe that this was an advertising error as there was another model also with similar discounts on the Viking website. I will now have no chance of purchasing alternative coolers for next week which is forecast to be even hotter. After doing a search I found that there are hundreds of people affected by this as it was picked up by the hot UK deals website. How many new accounts were opened and personal details gained by this 'error'. A convenient way to make up the marketing numbers after GDPR."
"Cancelled my order without notification or any communication after taking my money. Poor customer service (if any at all). Calls are expensive so expect a large phone bill if you want to enquire about any orders"
"Don't even THINK about ordering from these Shysters! Took my money, then I hear nothing. So I contact their online chat to find out my order is cancelled as they had the wrong price on their site. 1) that's not my fault 2) you didn't even contact to tell me you were cancelling. DON'T DO IT"
"I ordered an item and because they had priced it incorrectly, they cancelled my order without notifying me."
"AWFUL! Ordered Air Con unit, apparently THEY got price wrong, no email/call, very disappointed, i feel very misled. I fell they have cheated their way into getting my personal details, not happy."
"First experience of using them. I ordered printer cartridges to arrive today and they have not, although the website says the status is "delivered". They also only have customer services till 5 pm so wont be able to speak to them till monday"
"Long winded order process on an expensive call line after being unable to process the matter online. Given a freecall line number and a delivery date. It didn't arrive, gave another date, goods still not delivered. Called again to be told they were out of stock, had been for some time and had no idea when stock would arrive. The person on the telephone seemed to think the situation quite reasonable. So I cancelled the order and hopefully my money will have been returned by now."
"Ordered postage stamps with the rumour about price increase again. Ordering was quick and easy, and they arrived promptly."
Viking Direct is rated 2.26 based on 34 reviews