Vets4Pets Belfast Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Vets4Pets Belfast

How would you rate Vets4Pets Belfast ?

"I am not writing my review based on the belfast branch but in fact on Barnwood Gloucester England branch. Unfortunately I couldn't get onto a review for their branch. However looking through the reviews on here seems that i am experiencing the same problem. I recently registered to vets 4 pets after moving and this is the first time I've ever been with a wide chain vets and it will be the last! Unfortunately I broke my spine and lost my job, and just started building a business so as i have 2 golden labs i could no longer afford £80 a month pet plan insurance. So i rang the vets to ask them if they could advise me on any other cheaper pet insurers they don't have a problem claiming directly through (as vets only use certain ones they have used before) so i wanted to check with my practice first before getting insurance that they refuse to claim through directly and I'm left with £££ in vets bills i cant afford. When i asked they out right refused to give me any advice on any other insurance apart from pet plan! When i asked why can't they just advise me they said they aren't allowed! I know nearly every vet practice recommend petplan but never in the past have i had a vet outright refuse to give me helpful advice that will make a difference in whether my pet can receive care from them or not! So I decided not to go with any insurance until i move back to my old vet that would give me some advice. Unfortunately a bad accident happened where my dog sliced her paw open to her tendons while in a dog park. I brought her straight to vets 4 pets thinking it will need stitches so luckily i had £150-£190 thinking that would be plenty considering my dog has undergone other surgery at other practices and the most ive been billed is £300. No i go in to be told that my bill is going to be £470 for cleaning, stitches, anesthic (10 mins she was under) and bandages! I explained that i had no more money than i had and theres no way i can pay that at this moment in time, is there anyway they could do a instalment plan where i pay it off within 4 weeks on my next payday. There response was no and if i can't pay then they will clean it put a bandage on and give her back to me! And the vet said that they are not a charity! I was shocked and disgusted by their response! Every vet practice ive ever been too have a duty of care and would not treat me or my dog like that! Not only that but if they had been more helpful when i rang asking advise on pet insurance companies other then pet plan that they claim through then money wouldn't be an issue. Not many people have £500 spare for a sudden vet bill. Not only that but they also charged me for every dressing change and only gave me 1 post op free consultation! Everywhere i have been ive been charged a bill and then been charged for all the post op follow ups or for the stitches removal its all been in the orginal bill! All i can say is i am disgusted by this practice! It is clear that they don't go out of their way to provide advice and support to the animals and owners! They are the most expensive vets I've ever been too and have heard of! As well as they have stupid rules that don't offer any help to owners on affordable ways to provide your pets with the best care! Its more then clear vets 4 pets are for profit! I would honestly tell everyone not to go! If you have petplan insurance and have a good amount of money you can get ur hands on last minute and you don't really want any support from your vets other then them doing treatment on ur pet and thats it then this is the vets for you. But if you are someone who is just trying to survive like the rest of us, can't really afford to get pet plan cover, care deeply for your pets, want a vet practice that comes across as though they really care for there animals and are willing to go out their way to give advice to help you get the best affordable care for your pets then stay well clear of vets 4 pets! There are some many private or small vets that offer so much more and have reasonable prices!"
"Well what can i say? I intended to do this for some time, and am surprised at the amount of negative reviews I came across on trust pilot. Thought I might be one of but a few. Seems I was wrong. Won't go into all that much detail. I write about the Dover branch. I can confirm the rip off prices and the seeming lack of any clear understanding of what was wrong with my cat. Administered antibiotic drugs that were controversial and not used by many vets at all. I could go on. I finally managed to bring my kitty back to health on my own and some serious and sound research/advice. My main reason for never using this practice again is the advice freely, and wrongly, given by their receptionist, who should not be allowed to do so. She is the receptionist and not a vet. Bit like a GP receptionist doing the same thing. I am not speaking about the younger receptionist but the older one. It really is very much out of order. So a nearby vets practice will now be getting my custom."
"Poorly cat!! 1st vet gave anti-inflammatory injection. Poorly cat again!!! 2nd vet gave very uncomfortable cat prod and a poke. Suggested blood test to check liver/kidneys etc etc etc. Being told price £185 I advised I only get £200 a week so not paying £185 for blood test to come back day after. Can go external! Price - £84.00 comes back day after tomorrow. What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours! Vet had audacity to direct me to PDSA (cant do that I'm not on benefits), or, like most people have Pet Insurance (that got stopped when it went up to £400 a year for dog and 2 cats).... but I feel that they simply have a licence to print money knowing that the Pet Insurance is going to pay whatever their extortionate costs are. This stops people from getting animals and am sure will cause un-necessary suffering if owners are not able to afford such inflated costs."
Vets4Pets Belfast is rated 1.33 based on 3 reviews