Very Reviews

Very have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

23% of reviewers recommend Very

Category:
Business & Office

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week

How would you rate Very ?

"As with most of the 11,000+ reviews here I can honestly say Very/Littlewoods/shopdirect are without doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with. Customer service here is more like customer contempt. I wish I had never purchased anything from these clowns, as a result my impeccable credit rating has been seriously impacted. I bought a dishwasher from Very.co.uk. Was the cheapest price I could find and they offered by now pay later. Why not I thought, that was my first mistake. In the first month I received a letter saying that a payment was due on my account, strange I thought - BNPL shouldn't have meant a payment was due. Anyway, made a payment. Next month, same again. Called Very and asked the adviser why I was being asked for payment on a BNPL purchase, no idea said the adviser, you shouldn't have been asked for a payment. Next month, same again. Made another payment. Next month I got a letter saying a charge had been applied. Called again, got bounced around, no one could explain why. Adviser lodged a complaint on my behalf. Next day a rude, abrupt woman calls me and said I didn't make a payment to the right 'part' of the account, I'd made a payment to the BNPL part of the account and not to the part where the delivery charge had been applied. So despite having one a account, one account number and having made payment to BNPL as that was the terms on which i had made the purchase I was supposed to know there were 'sub accounts' within my account. The UX of the website is unclear, none of the letters outlined this and none of the advisors could explain it to me. Even though I had inadvertently paid £40 to non-interest bearing parts of the account the rude woman thought I was dodging the £7 that did incur interest. Her advice was contact the financial ombudsman. This tail goes on and on, numerous calls. Refusal to close my account when I fully paid it up. 57 day response times to complaints that are never resolved anyway. It's a long boring tale but the upshot is my previously very good credit score has been ruined and they don't care. I could not discribe accurately what a shower of excrement this company is. Best thing is they have a 'Customer Excellence' team. Jokers. What an oxymoron that is. It is my opinion that they deliberately obscure this BNPL / delivery charge thing to enable them to charge customers as a racket to make more money and they think nothing of wrecking people's credit rating. Any complaints result in their advice being to take it to the Ombudsman. They don't care about customers and need investigation by Trading Standards, Watchdog and The Hague"
"Ordered child's bike. Received a used bike. Disgusting customer service. Call centre in India. Promised two call backs. No callback received. So I bought another bike from a toyshop. Looks like no hope of a refund. The most awful buisness I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Yodel equally as bad. They didn't collect the bike. Said tbey'd tried to collect it. Rubbish liars. AVOID AT ALL COSTS"
"Last chance get £50 back when you spend £100+ by 19/08/18. Click for code, details & exclusions bit.ly/2LzTzDB Opt out text STOP to 66645"
"Delivery promised for 09/10/18 I booked the day off work, no delivery, no appolgy still no delivery. The people at very can’t seem to tell me where it is either."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Failed delivery twice, each time delivery postponed by two days. Customer Service hung up phone to me nearly every time I phone. Refusing to refund - been about three weeks now. Saying that they won't refund till the item is back inter possession but it never left them and was never delivered. Order cancelled and bought elsewhere. Disgraceful service and complete lack of desire to help. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!"
"Let down 4 times (so far!) and counting on delivery. Customer service appalling. No communication at all."
"The washing machine made a dreadful noise when on the final spin cycle. I was told by the ‘customer service’ person (Robin) that she couldn’t do anything because it had been used! I wouldn’t have know had I not used it. When I asked to speak to a manager she told me that they ‘might’ call me if they had time!! It could take 72hrs. It’s now been over this so clearly they haven’t managed to find the time to deal with their customers-Livid!"
"Nothing but problems, Customer service is none existent. Orders missing from the parcel, they blame Yodel but the items are in sealed bags. They make the mistake then call you a liar as they sent it. The only way they'll give you a refund is if you say the bag was open, so then they can blame yodel. If you're honest and say the bag was unopened and sealed, they contact the people who send the goods out, then never get back to you. You have to call them again and they tell you the item was sent and put in the bag, so they won't refund you. You're basically a Liar and they don't make mistakes. Stay away"
"They took an order valued at £411.99 however I had to cancel the order as the items were not in stock with no future delivery date. 6 weeks later I am still awaiting a full refund and am constantly being fobbed off. Awful customer service experience"
"Terrible customer service!!!! Staff are very unhelpful and I was told different things several times. Ordered a laptop online 02.10 Delivery was confirmed for 04.10 Realised I had a missed call from Very at 6:30pm 04.10. When I returned the phone call I was told I can't follow up until after delivery date. I explained I had a missed call and she decided to look into it.... she then said it was out of stock and that's probably why someone was trying to contact me. She confirmed it would be delivered by Friday 05.10. No delivery was made so I phoned to follow up. I was then told my order hadn't been dispatched because they needed to confirm what address it was sent to. I confirmed it was the address I confirmed when booking online!!! Confirmed it would be delivered by 06.10 . I have phoned to ensure it's on its way and now I'm told the order was cancelled by me! What a joke!!!"
"Everything should not be trading. Disgusting firm"
"Very - Their customer service team are truly appalling and so unbelievably rude. I would NEVER order a single thing from them again. As for their Courrier company, "Arrox XL", i have no words. I find it astonishing that Very as a large organisation associate themselves with a courier service who do not adhere to delivery slots promised to their customers and who do not operate in accordance with any customer service contact measures. I am truly astounded at both Very and Arrow XL, this service is utterly disrespectful. I've written a letter of complaint today and have been advised it can take at least 8 weeks before receiving a response, speaks volumes!"
"Customer service very unhelpful and rude. Hope you do not have contant them in future!"
"Very are the most horrendous company I have ever ordered from they sent me a code for £80 and bnpl for the new iphone 8 which the code never got added... I have rang numerous times in the year to get this sorted but it has never been resolved but I kept getting cut off by the advisors is South Africa very are the most horrible company I have ever dealt and will never be ordering from there again they are horrible horrible horrible.."
"shocking tried to cancel an order after 30 seconds after placing it was told I couldnt... awful customer service awful website, awful. Avoid Avoid Avoid"
"Absolutely shocking service from very's warranty & insurance repair or replace service provided by a company I think is called 0800repair with the proverbial icing on the cake courtesy of DPD UK although they only delivered a poorly wrapped parcel, so they aren't really at fault. It took nearly 3 weeks for them to collect my faulty tv because they gave DPD my neighbours address so were knocking on the wrong door. My housemates days were wasted whilst she did me a favour and waited in for the collection several times whilst I was on holiday. Then once the Tv was collected they had it for nearly 3 weeks. Despite multiple calls and messages no one got back to me with whether they were fixing or replacing my TV, let alone if they had even received it from DPD! Then this morning it shows up on my doorstep, in a flimsy cardboard box loosely wrapped in bubble wrap with no fragile stickers on it. Guess what...It was even more broken than when I sent it off for repair! Completely smashed! The original fault was just the screen going black! No fragile tape or any notification for DPD that the box contained a TV! To top it off it took nearly 45 minutes on the phone today being passed from pillar to post & consecutively being cut off before I eventually got assurances they would be looking into replacing my TV. Literally shaking with anger after this amount of idiocy!"
"While i've always reveived goods on time and made payments on time i was always aware that they were much higher than my other catalogue and even much higher than my credit card! Additionally i find that they request payments more often so where it is a 4week month you have to make 2 payments from one wage. Im lucky as i'm in a position to pay it off at the end of the month at which point i will close the account down. The interest on my other is significantly lower so am happy to keep that one open. I like the clothes in very but at such a high cost for the items then such a ridiculous cost for interest i hope that they go out of business or change their thinking very soon."
"NEVER RECEIVED IT. I ordered this MacBook on the 4th of September, I was promised delivery for 6th. I waited in all day and received nothing. Was then promised for the 7th. Yet again no delivery. Contacted very again was promised for the 8th. Yet again nothing. Contacted them on the 8th and was told that Royal Mail is closed and they couldn’t give me any answers. Called agin on the 10th and I was told that the delay was due to Royal Mail being unaware of where the parcel was to be delivered to and didn’t know which address. Which is absolutely ridiculous as I had clearly selected the post office option which was on the very website at checkout. Delivery address is clearly stated on the order. I was promised it’s now amended and will revive it within 24hours. I’ve made multiple trips to post office and they have nothing there for me Contacted very one final time and I’m being told now that they don’t know where the parcel is and that they’ve refunded me the money. A week long of waiting, unable to attend a course I had paid for, hours wasted contacting very, multiple phone calls, being told a different thing every time, absolutely disgusted. It’s caused me a great deal of stress. I have never experienced anything like this in my life, parcels going missing is one thing but the way the employees have been dealing with the whole situation is absolutely atrocious."
"Sack Arrow Xl. Unreliable company. 2 orders and 3 cancellations at the last minute after being given tracking. Contacted very and nothing they can do!"
"My card was charged for an order “that did not go through”, it has been a week now and still not resolved :("
Very is rated 1.92 based on 961 reviews