Very Reviews

24% of reviewers recommend Very
1 New Reviews Written
1PM
1PM

About Very: Very is a relatively new brand, first launched in 2009, but it has quickly become one of Britain’s best known fashion retailers. Very is an online department store that stocks over 50,000 products from the new catwalk trends through to the most iconic new tech on the market plus some of the biggest brands on the planet and unique collections from celebs like Fearne Cotton and Holly Willoughby too.<br /> We understand our customers have busy lives, so we make sure we can help in every way, from flexible payments to bespoke delivery times - we can even help insure their pets!

queries@very.co.uk

United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Very made you happy

Over a month
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
45.53 minutes
Avg Email Response Time
"I ordered a fitbit charge 2 as a Christmas gift for my wife 9/12/18, which I paid for cash. The tracking details showed this as estimated delivery 11-12 /12 /18, this remained the case until a text transcript today 14/12/18 where the agent told me the item was out of stock but tracking didn't show this, so I asked the agent to cancel the order, the agent said they would process cancellation andthe refund could take 2 to 3 days, later I checked online , the order still showed active, so I did an online cancellation, I then received an email to.say the refund could take 14 days, two hours later I received an email to say my order has been dispatched. I have no idea if the item will or will not turn up and I dread contacting the (Indian?) Call centre again for confirmation. This isn't how to run a web based sales outlet."
Are you Very? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Very receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Absolutely appalling customer service. Do not use this company to purchase expensive items. Constantly feeling 'fobbed' off and still awaiting delivery of an item which I ordered almost a month ago. Wrong item was loaded onto the van and somehow meant I had to place my whole order again after being told a pack of lies. Shocking service. Do not recommend."
"It's largely their choice of courier, Yodel. Yodel successfully delivered one package. Waited for second. Didn't turn up. Yodel explained there is no access to the building, despite they themselves ACCESSING THE BUILDING TWO HOURS PREVIOUS. Very at first asked me if I wanted to cancel. Requested evening delivery, refund for delivery cost etc and the call was terminated after being on hold for twenty minutes. My parcel hasn't been delivered. Very havent responded. They've got my money though."
"Don't order if your paying in full as items don't turn up"
"If I could give Very no star I would. Terrible service. Ordered pray dress for my Granddaughter on 8 Dec, took payment, said order being processed. Got email this morning 12 Dec, said 'partial refund, item out of stock' only partial! Phoned Very said 'did you read terms and conditions? Why? Does it say on there that if you order an item, click on it and pay, money taken out of bank account, it may then change to out of stock! Took 5 days to inform me! First and last purchase from Very, will let the world know the standard of service. One question...would this happen at John Lewis? No way."
"Rubbish I waited all week and wasted all week waiting for a iron missing all week from work for this iron"
"WOULD GIVE MINUS 5 IF I COULD!!!!! Anyone reading this review.....PLEASE choose another company to purchase your item!!!! VERY....... you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. When something goes wrong your customer services are DISGUSTING, HORRENDOUS, RUDE!!! Firstly Indian based customer service team who really do not give a rats bottom about any problem you have. When I called first agent hung up on me, called back and asked the second agent to pass me through to a manager after a long wait I was back to the phones menu and the third agent kept me hanging on for 20 mins before advising no manager was available. I asked for a call back from the manager who I was assured would ring within the hour........3 days later no call and not likely to I have sent all items back and will cancel my account....I DO NOT EVER WANT ANYTHING DO WITH VERY AGAIN"
"dont sell doughnuts"
"Easy ordering and fast and efficient delivery"
"Ordered furniture 23.11 for delivery 27.11. the furniture was damaged so returned and was booked for new delivery date 7.12. That has now been cancelled with no new delivery date. Money already taken from credit card so will have to cancel and request refund"
"Order was placed, and confirmed within minutes excellent service"
"I have had a Very account for ages, choosing to buy bigger items on a 'buy now pay later' basis. Each time I have been asked to pay, I have paid in full and on time. However I recently discovered that I haven't 'allocated' the payments correctly and therefore I have been charged so much interest. Last month £89 on one month!! Very have never advised me that I need to allocate these payments to a certain area on my account. I called them to complain as they owe me lots of money. They agreed to refund me by the 17th November. On the 17th I had an £11 credit, meaning that the appliances I ordered from very have now cost me approx £500 over the purchase price. I am so upset - I havd emailed, called them, written to them....but yesterday I was told by a very rude lady in customer services that my complaint will take until January to resolve, which means more interest added to my account. This is totally wrong. Very are not trading in a transparent way. Please do not every do business with Very as they are NOT trust worthy and they are not reputable, in my opinion. Looking at other reviews I discover I am not alone in feeling like this! So close to Christmas I feel totally violated - they may as well have broken into my house and stolen £500. Their department 'customer service excellence' is a total joke. No one cares about the customer. All they care about is taking money from their customers under false pretences."
"I made an order on Monday 26th Nov. I get a text message on Thursday 29th to say parcel was ready for collection I went to collect my parcel from collect plus store no parcel, I went again on the Friday again no parcel. I spoke to Customer service on the Friday and was advised somebody would call me on Monday 3rd December I had no call, I went shop again Monday no parcel and again on Tuesday no parcel. I spoke to customer service again on Tuesday was advised somebody would call me back no body did, I rang up again put on hold an call was disconnected I'm extremely angry I have still not got parcels almost a week late but they are sill billed on my account"
"I'm sick of being ripped of by very, because they use the stupid weekly payments scheme it puts people out. Even if you pay monthly it's not good enough and ends up costing people a fortune in fines. In my opinion it's a modern scam as people are paid monthly and should be able to pay their bills monthly."
"Very is terrible!! I have never known a company supply such poorly kept furniture Any furniture that has mirror it’s always cracked you have to keep ringing to them to send replacement when they do it’s also broken and then it’s never available! people pay for their furniture we don’t get it free although very should give compensation for the stress they cause. no one should have to go through ringing 10x then speaking to different advisors who have apoorling listening skills. They either don’t order or Order you the wrong colour."
"So when I made my account I didnt realise I wrote my date of birth in wrong, so when I called up regarding my order I had purchased I was put through to someone who asked me for my date of birth but it did not correlate. I was then put through to another memeber of staff who would not help me and was EXTREMELY RUDE. I told her it was an honest mistake and I dont know what I had wrote down for the date of birth. I told her she could ask me any other security questions but she was still babling and being rude. She asked me If I had made any purchases to my address and I said yes I made a purchase 3-4 days ago and I'm calling in regards to that. She then proceeded to tell me I can no longer make future purchases and she will be locking my account!! Which is totally barbaric!! I asked why?? And she said because there's been other orders to your address. And I said yes there might have been but how would I know if my mum or dad or siblings have ordered stuff they all have their own account and order their own things. It was absolutely appalling. I will no longer be buying anything from this website and it would not be reccomended either. As for my purchase protection I have no idea whats going to happen If i can't access my account. I also don't realise why she couldn't change my date of birth as requested."
"first time ordering from very - item arrived damaged phoned immediately was offered a discount which i declined as i wanted a perfect item - requested that new item be delivered and faulty one be picked up - told i would have to place new order and pay again - said no then was told they could extend me credit to do this - said no as i paid upfront initially and did not want a credit account - ended up cancelling whole order in a fury - and btw had to ask both people i spoke to to constantly repeat themselves as english wasn;t their first language NEVER AGAIN"
"It's the fact you have to pay your account every 4 weeks instead of like the rest of the world where you pay on a set date, all my standing orders go out just after pay day but with very I'm always getting charged it's a massive con plus yodel are rubbish!!!!!"
"Need to change the location of the customer service from south africa, i could not collect an item bc it got mixed up with another item so the store would not give me it . I went on the chat line 40 minutes so slow to reply put on to the tracking team told me to phone click and collect i phoned that number but its a dead line. Next day I phoned customer service talked to Wanda who said i would have to go to the store and wait for her to ring me ?! I wasn’t happy about i asked her if i could speak to a manager but she said this was verys policy as I couldn’t understand why very couldn’t ring the store and ask what happened? So again the next day she phoned me at my home i went to the store waited for her to phone shephoned told me to hold theline as she was phoning the tracking team thy could not get through to the store twice but eventually did only to tell me that the item wasnt there . In the name of god its crazy im standing in a packed spar looking at the assistant who served me that day and wanda tells me to get s seat when i complained about the wait ?? Get in line or get a seat madam such empathy its beyond disrespectful . So next day I phoned customer service another rude assistant i told her i wanted to make a complaint so i told her that very should have phoned the store beforehand as i had to wait in that store on a phone for 15 mins no sympathy whatsoever she told me what do you expect madam the driver to wait for you to come to get your collection in a thick south african accent she must think its the last store in the world that o need to buy from?! Then she told me to complain on line which i did only fr them to apologise and give me the dud click and collect number so as i could make a complaint to them when very should have been doing this because thy are the sellers and should take responsibility. I have now written to their complaints dept mayb i will get some where but customers should never be treated this way under any circumstances. So thy need to change the click Nd collect service because i wont be using it or very again and i have been a customer for a few years. And im still getting messages that the parcel is ready to be collected with no explanation to what happened so it was there all along so i hD to do all this for nothing and received this terrible customer service. Dont use very until thy improve all their services"
"Dont even want to give VERY 1 star! Do not order anything from them. I ordered Black Ops 4 game for my son for Christmas. Had an email & a text from Yodel to say it had been delivered. Well I had been up for 2 hours and no one had come to my door. No note to say where it had been left or with a neighbour as it requires a signature. Phone Yodel, they said they had to wait 24hrs to INTERVEIW the driver before they could tell me where it was. I then phoned VERY who said they will refund me and then take payment to buy again there and then....um, no I dont think so. So now I have to wait until I receive the money back from VERY before I can go and buy it myself. STAY AWAY!!"
Very is rated 1.97 based on 1,025 reviews