Very Reviews

23% of reviewers recommend Very
5PM
5PM

About Very: Very is a relatively new brand, first launched in 2009, but it has quickly become one of Britain’s best known fashion retailers. Very is an online department store that stocks over 50,000 products from the new catwalk trends through to the most iconic new tech on the market plus some of the biggest brands on the planet and unique collections from celebs like Fearne Cotton and Holly Willoughby too.<br /> We understand our customers have busy lives, so we make sure we can help in every way, from flexible payments to bespoke delivery times - we can even help insure their pets!

queries@very.co.uk

United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Very made you happy

"I have been charged by you for buy now and pay later as an human error, and for les then £5 I just made the payment of £365.50 , Very an happy as I have asked for help and they didn’t except, obviously made many from me, However I made the payment and will give a very bad feedback as so far have a been a loyal and very updated customer. Would like now that my account will be closed as I wish and I do not want any leaflets or any emails to be send you . Very disappointed and hoping that this is the last time dealing with this company Do not buy from this company"
Are you Very? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Very has caused me so much stress from the day I purchased items non stop ringing organising replacement refunds etc it has to be the worse company ever, the mirrored bedroom furniture is always cracked you could be getting replacements 3 time yet they will be cracked every time. The sustainability of the items are poor you may think your doing a Bargain but in the long run you are not, You are better off paying alittle extra and getting items from a reliable company that has good strong furniture. They also randomly plonked £299.00 on to my account not a lot but is for someone who is pregnant and not working talk about stress that I didn’t need right now."
"Customer services were not helpful at all they try to charge me for items I haven’t received after making me wait 3 weeks for it do not buy from here"
"Hi , customer services are dreadful , just tryed to purchase an order for £600 had an adviser called Amanda who definitely needs training in customer services her attitude and knowledge of her job was dreadful , she left me waiting on the phone for 30 minutes trying to get advise from different departments as she had no knowledge of the goods being ordered then told me I had to phone another number that was premium rates to place the order of which I was paying in full by credit card ... after all this drama and wasteful time I will now take my custom elsewhere . Advise please train your staff to save time wasting calls and lose of goods being ordered .. Definately will not be calling back."
"So I finally get through to someone about why my order had been declined on my very account and their answer was it was declined due to a male saying my name on my voice mail and if I want to recieve the deal I would of had, I will have to wait a further 6 months to re-apply.. Shocking and disgusting"
"Excellent communication and fantastic website. Bought a product interest free and will use again."
"Just avoid You probably wont get your item but you will need to pay"
"Never shopped online, but used very for 1st time on desperation for dress for party 2 days away, not only did I get text from courier to tell me what time would be delivered, the dress was so much better quality than expected, it fitted perfectly, loved it, everyone commented on it, it was a Michelle Keegan dress, needless to say I will now be a regular customer of very, so impressed."
"Awful company. Absolutely disgusting service, horrible agents. I very much regret signing up and spending money here! Firstly, they offered me 600£ credit then took it away. I thought I'll live with that and placed an order and paid for it with my debit card. They took the money, as they left my bank account (160£+) but my items never arrived because they declined the order. This is not acceptable! After calling the bank and spending a good hour on the phone they confirmed that Very lied about not receiving the payment and gave me proof of payment and auth code. I called Very again, rude girl on the phone kept denying that they received the payment - what a joke! Had absolutely enough of these clowns. Avoid, avoid and once again AVOID!"
"Worst customer service ever After over 10 phone calls, 4 months, every “technical issue” occurring to my case possible... I am still no closer to getting a refund"
"Really, do not buy anything from these people - they must be about to go into liquidation.. They are consistently breaking UK laws and have negative reviews everywhere. I have never 'reviewed' before but this is so bad that people really need to be warned about them. I contacted them to request a refund for a faulty HP laptop that I purchased from them at the end of October 2018. The laptop has broken twice (with the same hard drive failure issue), and as such is obviously of very poor quality. I contacted their customer services department on Wednesday 17th April 2019 and spent several hours trying to arrange for the laptop to be returned to them and a refund to be arranged. This process was the worst customer service experience I have every encountered. The first person I spoke to could not find any record on their system of the initial computer fault and HP repair, and they were quite rude to me. I called back with the reference no of the first HP repair and requested a refund. After a long and arduous conversation I was finally told that a carrier (Yodel) had been arranged for today (Friday 19th April) and that I would receive email confirmation shortly after the call. I asked about specific packaging for the goods (as all carriers stipulate their requirements) but the operator refused to give me any information and stated that it should be 'securely packaged'.. I raised this as an issue due to the ambiguity of this statement but she just kept repeating the same thing, which I told her was not an appropriate response and asked for written confirmation of the requirements - she did not provide this. After this call I didn't receive the email so called back. The next person I spoke to told me that nothing had been arranged and that it wasn't policy for Very to collect goods so I would need to take the laptop to a parcel direct shop, while trying to arrange this (as no address label was available to download on my account) the telephone operator hung up on me! I then had to call back again. At this point I had to go through the whole explanation of the issue process again with a third person, this person told me that Yodel would be collecting my parcel today (Friday 19th April) and that it wasn't policy for them to send out confirmation emails or address labels for this but that the parcel people would not have a label with them either and that he would read out the address to me over the phone. I told this person that I was not happy with this as I needed the returns information in writing in order to protect myself against fraud. I then told the operator that I would need to speak to a manager, they refused to let me speak to anyone. At this stage it became quite clear that their customer service team are only interested in pretending that a situation has been resolved and outright deceiving customers - so I told the operator that it was obvious nothing was being sorted out so I would have to call the complaints department. I then tried to find a complaints number and was put through to their PPI complaints team, who then put me back in touch with their electrical after sales team as they don't seem to have a department for dealing with other issues. I was then told again that a collection had been arranged for today, and after much discussion was sent the email confirming this and in a separate email was sent an address label (although this label has post office written on it not Yodel). So, it came as no surprise to me that the laptop has not been collected today April 19th (as arranged) and that the extremely time consuming and exhausting exchange with their customer services department was completely pointless! I spoke to 4 different people who all gave me conflicting information about the returns process, which took many hours out of my working day. I have waited in all day today for a collection that has obviously not even been arranged. This is not only utterly frustrating but also highly unethical. I have never experienced such appalling customer service, and having now looked online this seems to be standard practice for this company. This is unacceptable in the UK as it breeches consumer rights and as such I will be raising this issue with trading standards. *Updated - i have still not been able to return the laptop. It is now been over a week! They eventually arranged a collection but the carrier 'Yodel' were totally unprofessional, they didn't collect as was arranged then came on a day i had not arranged, (please see my other review for them specifically as the whole thing was a complete disaster) but they refused to give a receipt, they didn't have an address label and just expected me to hand over a laptop with no proof of postage! I then contacted Very again yesterday (25th April) and they rebooked a collection with added 'special instructions' to ensure they provide me with a receipt for the collection. This was booked for today but yet again, they have not sent a confirmation email or turned up to collect.. I have never encountered such a completely unprofessional service - they make it almost impossible to return goods!!! I have just tried to get a tracking number from their online customer services so I can at least check the status of the collection but they refused to give it to me stating that they don't have access to this! A complete shambles!!! ----------------"
"Worst customer service ever didn’t receive item that I’d paid for in advance , call centre staff cannot speak or understand english very well , it really is very poor service AVOID this company much better alternatives online elsewhere"
"TV arrived Thursday, we tried it in caravan Saturday ,rang them Sunday and told them sound was awful and I wanted to send it back,I was told because it was turned on I had to go back to manufacture under warranty,very wouldn't listen.When I asked for complaints department I was blanked by online help.Avoid very at all costs.When I left a review it was moderated and taken down."
"Beware of very flexible accounts!!! They require payment every 4 weeks not monthly! Which means you will be required to make one payment at the beginning of the month and one at the end before your monthly salary gets paid. If you don't pay this they will charge you a £12 default fee, forcing you into debt!!! You will never be free from very!!!"
"Terrible service. Failed to deliver my order. I've spent days trying to sort out, being forced through their awful web chat. Been fobbed off, lied to, promised call backs that don't materialise, constantly being sent back through chat into the same loop. They have unilaterally rearranged delivery for date I told then I was not available. And still I am getting nowhere with them. Avoid this company!!"
"Very is far from a perfect online store [what is?], but it's one of the most reliable. Items are usually in stock and delivered on time, and even though Very is arguably late in acquiring the latest releases, its catalogue is generally current. My experience with Customer Service has been favourable overall: the representatives help with account/order issues to satisfaction, though there are unfortunate occasions where one's lumbered with an assistant who seems rather obtuse or indifferent to complaints/criticisms, so is then forced to phone back in hope of speaking to somebody more on-ball. My only real gripe is the lack of detail in its website's product descriptions. This is especially so amongst electrical products, which have a very stringent return policy and where specifications detail is actually crucial. I understand the wish to be succinct, but there've been times where descriptions have been so vague that one has to gamble with ordering a product, only find out upon installation that it's not what was expected. When such an issue is reported, the customer service people seem reluctant to act on it. Very should have a reform on how it writes about its items; maybe then, more trust will form from buyers."
"DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING BUY NOW PAY LATER, I had £300 left to pay off after a year (I wasn’t aware the year was up) they charged me £275 interest!!!! No warning or anything!"
"If this company continues the way they are it won’t take long to be investigated or even closed down. I’ve called 6 times in the space off 2 weeks. Not only was I put on hold for 45 minutes, ( the agent didn’t even get back ) spoken to rudely by members of staff. Line was disconnected after requesting for complaints ( all on separate calls with different agents ! ) . I had probably spoken to 1 genuine useful person who tried to help. I will not be purchasing anything ever again from Very. If this the hassle I went thought considering my account ‘pay now’. I would not want to do know what it would be like if it was ‘but now, pay later ‘"
"Utterly pathetic company, staffed by morons and incompetents, and serviced by some of the worst IT services that have ever existed. They cannot deliver on time, and lie about this. They blame everyone but themselves for this too. Then they back it all up by employing morons with zero care for customer service. The company is a joke, so buyer beware is in greater force than normal."
Very is rated 1.93 based on 1,098 reviews