Vanarama Reviews

Nr Tring

Category:
Motoring

Telephone

How would you rate Vanarama ?

"Went through the ordering process for a BMW 420d M sport on weekly offer. Finance passed. Then do not hear from them again. They offering deals without having any stock availability Use alternative lease company that has cars in stock"
"I placed an order with them for a Private Car Lease A few days later I received a phone call advising me that we had passed all financial checks but they couldn't source our vehicle in the requested colour and as a consequence we were offered alternative colours which I declined. The sales agent said he would go away and try some more dealers and try and source the vehicle in gun metal grey, later that day I received a call advising that one had been found and did I wish to proceed. I agreed to proceed and I paid the £500 fee they need to reserve the car and also confirmed the details for our Direct Debit. Later that we received an order confirmation for us to electronically sign for completion of the order. After signing the order confirmation we were told we would receive a phone call from the admin team within 48 hours, this didn't happen. I had to chase the order via phone a number of times. I eventually got through to the sales agent who was dealing with our order, he advised me that the order had been sent to the dealer but the dealer had not signed our order. If I hadn't persisted in chasing via phone I very much doubt we'd have actually been notified that our order hadn't moved anywhere. I was told by the agent I spoke to he would chase this up with the dealer and he would ring me back the following week. Today I received a call to advise me that the dealer would not sign the order for our car as they cannot release the car in a grey for the price they had advertised it at on their website. Again I was offered alternative colours to which I declined again, I had signed an order confirmation and made a £500 payment for the grey vehicle so that is the vehicle I wanted. I was told if I wanted the car in the grey colour I would have to pay £380 a month instead of the £322 as advertise by them so nearly £60 more than the original quote. I advised that is absolutely not acceptable and it sits with them as a company to resolve as they had let it get this far through the process. Throughout the whole process never was it mentioned about paying more than the original quote. They are still advertising on their website that they can source the car in grey @ £331 a month which based on this situation I very much doubt is actually being advertised correctly My partner spoke to multiple people regarding this situation and we were repeatedly told they would go away and speak to someone and see what they could do and we got absolutely nowhere and we are absolutely disgusted with the way it was handled. In the end nobody was able to help with our order and we have now ended up with a cancelled order as it has been decided that they cannot do anything to help us although I don't feel much was even done to try and resolve this issue. In my opinion they should have honoured the price they advertised the car at on the website based on the fact we had signed the order confirmation and paid the fee for it or as a company should have made up the difference. They are quite blatantly falsely advertising the vehicles and their prices and we have fallen victim to that this time. We are now in a very stressful and unnecessary situation where we are due to have a baby anytime in the next couple of weeks and we are now without a vehicle to be able to transport our family. This has left us both extremely stressed and upset and we will now have a number of weeks without a vehicle which is completely unacceptable thanks to them and they do not care. The way they conduct business is an absolute disgrace and I cannot believe they find this an acceptable way to deal with customers. As we have an order confirmation for our vehicle that was signed and payments were taken to reserve the vehicle I'm currently taking this down the legal route and consulting a solicitor and I will also be reporting the company to BVRLA & FCA as the way it has been dealt with was anything but satisfactory."
"We leased a Van through Vanarama/ Lease plan 18months ago, if I had seen the reviews I have read today , it certainly would have made a huge difference to us. We leased a Ford Transit and used Network Lease Plan Finance. The day it was delivered it leaked Oil straight out the engine onto our Drive. This was the start of the worst 6 months we have ever encountered, dramatic as it sounds we nearly lost our business because we had no transport. There is no like for when vehicles go wrong, and we spent weeks doing and froing to Enterprise with so many different vehicles. Whilst our Van was in and out the Ford garage, every time it got returned saying it was fixed, the oil leaked again. Vanarama even had the cheek to cancel our rental with Enterprise one day, and Enterprise were calling us saying they needed the rental back now, and had filled us in what Vanarams had done. This was at 7.30 one night, so off we went to return the rental van. It was so spiteful and unnecessary and it wasnt even our fault. They had supplied us with the faulty van which was unfit for purpose. By this point, 5 times it had happened and we were worried about how good the engine was going to be as the oil kept leaking we refused the vehicle back. So we were then threaten with Bailiffs letters for the monthly costs of this Van. AS we had stopped the direct debit with Lease plan. As we now refused to pay for it, we hadn't even put 50 miles on the clock. But they would not take the vehicle back All the time, we are still trying to run a business. We were offered compensation this never materialised. We were offered someone to come and clean our driveway from all the oil, this never happened. Then Vanarama wouldn't deal with us, they passed us to the Finance company Network Lease Plan. They too wouldn't deal with us and reverted us back to Vanarama. I spoke with a Customer service Manager here, who was a bully. This was when things got really bad, and we felt threatened and bullied into taking this Van back. The story went on for 18months.... and got worse I even took our complaint to our local MP, who tried to sort this for us and his hands were tied. Financial ombudsman could not help either. Our last option was a solicitor and he was unsuccessful. We nearly lost our business due to failings on this company supplying us a faulty van."
"Very bad company. I have made an Quote. Received phone call with the answer all available in stock, but when it was time to place an order, my car became out of stock, and price increased instantly for more expensive deal. Wasted my time for this company. Not recommend"
"my one year old van has been off the road for six weeks awaiting parts for a known recall where engine has to be removed vanarama have not put me in courtesy van or offered any kind of compensation and I am sat at home awaiting repair. CONTRACTORS IF YOU NEED YOUR BUSINESS TO RUN SMOOTHLY STAY AWAY FROM VANARAMA THEY ARE NON LEAGUE STANDARD"
"Don't use this firm it may get you a cheaper quote than anyone else but it will cost you more in aggravation and endless phone calls. Their standard response to any phone query is that they will call you back and they never do. I was promised a delivery date and no one bothered to inform me that the van wouldn't be available. In fact they had double leased it and I was unlucky. They offered me nothing in compensation and they didn't even have the decency to phone and let me know that they van wouldn't be turning up on the day promised. I didn't book any work in for the day the van was due therefore loosing revenue. They consistently promise the earth then fail to deliver. The manufacturers may charge slightly more but at least they offer a service. I think this is the worst company I have ever dealt with and that's saying something as I work in the HVAC industry."
"Very poor prices, then a lot of squirming. Then tell me how the market works, when they know full well I know exactly how it works."
"once they have the money and your order they no longer care. answer to my issues with the new van 'it is an issue for you that I cannot resolve'. Dispite other issues and problems they no longer answer emails. I have had contract hire vans for over 20 years and this is the worst company for customer care ever"
"I have never given a company a 1* review in my life, but I have never been so disgusted and disappointed with a company. Absolute con artistes stay FAR away from this company if you want to be treated as more than just a number. Great people when they want your money but worst customer service experience after they have it!!!!"
"Never answer the phone ."
"Terrible company, told me 3 times they had got the van I wanted, and even took a deposit, only to be told they had not. Wasted 5 days of my life on these jokers."
"Would have given 0 stars if i could. Absolutely appaling service. Received a phonecall telling me that i had been approved, they would be sourcing my car and that they would call me back in ten minutes. I never heard back, so i called them the next day to be told the advisor i had been dealing with wasnt in but that he would source my car and call me back. Never heard from him again. Called the next day to be told that the advisor was on the other line and would call me back. Nobody called. The only time i got a call back was when i told them i would be cancelling my order. The manager called and said that he would personally be dealing with my order, and that he would contact me the next day to finalise everything. Silence again. I have since cancelled my order and gone with someone else. Use this company at your own risk. My experience as a first time customer has been terrible and I would never recommend them to anyone."
"Awful company...AVOID! No communication, I had to call them all the time...after paying my deposit, they told me the vehicle I wanted had now gone up in price per month..Absolute joke!"
"Advertise a Nissan Navara at one price then it goes up £40 a month . All the guy said from start to finish is how good they are how they are the cheapest, If I go to another company they will charge more. We guess what, I did and they were £22 a month cheaper . Don't fall for their advertising or heavily scripted sales patter. go to a good company with experienced staff that know what they are talking about."
"Liars - miss leading - don't use them as they are crooks"
"Interested in deal offered on their website and spoke with salesperson to start the process, who then emailed me the quotes we had discussed. Went to process the quote but then got phone call from different salesperson stating that the price was incorrect and that the price would more than double. I refused. Then got a call from his 'boss' trying to hard sell me something I didnt want. He would not honour the original quote and as I was not interested in his hard sell tactic he hung up on me! SCAM ARTISTS!"
Max
"Saw these guys advertised on TV. As the saying goes - "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" and that was the case with these guys. After finally getting a call back, they couldn't offer me anywhere near the advertised price."
"What went wrong? what went right? My husband died just before the lease was to be completed, They were on the e-mail trying to sell me another one, but when I tried to get them to sort out some of my questions I got passed from pillar to post, cut off , spent hours listening to canned music, Trying to organise a funeral, waiting for Post Mortem to be done, dealing with police. then have Vanarama ignore, missdirect and totally fail to answer any of my questions. Never again."
"Warning - this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I called Vanarama looking for a quote after a member of my family who had recently left the trade (not working for this company) recommended them to me. I originally spoke with a man named Craig Nabbs who provided me with a quote that was quite high, Vanarama's policy is that if you can provide evidence of a quote that is better than their's and they cannot match it, they will provide you with £50 worth of vouchers. I shopped around for a better deal and found one that was about £30 cheaper per month with a different company. I called Vanarama back and spoke with a man named Ryan Murphy as Craig was away on annual leave. I informed Ryan I had found a better quote, he requested I forward the better quote to him via email, and he would see if he could match or better the quote and get back to me. I did so, and within 5 minutes I received an email from Ryan with a new written quote that was approximately £80 cheaper than the first quote, and £50 cheaper than the quote I had received from the other company. I realised it was very cheap in comparison to other quotes I had received, and emailed Ryan back to ask if this quote was for the same model and included the metallic colour I wanted (£300 extra charge) to which he confirmed yes the price is correct for this model and includes my preferred metallic colour. I was obviously pleased with this and called Vanarama back the next day to order my vehicle, I spoke with a man named Anthony as Ryan was on the other line and Craig was still away, Anthony processed the order for me and told me that as it was a Friday evening the credit provider had closed and so they would call me back on Monday morning after hearing whether I had passed on credit or not. Monday came and I received no call from Vanarama, so I called them at about 1pm to ask what the situation was and if we could move forward. I spoke to Craig who had returned from annual leave, he informed me that the quote they had provided to me in writing whilst he was away could no longer go ahead as it was too cheap. He said the best quote they can do was the one they had originally quoted to me, approximately £80 more per month. Craig informed me he only has access to 3 funders but his manager has access to 2 more, and she might be able to better his quote so he will call me back before close of play today (Monday). I received no call back, and had to chase Craig on Tuesday again about 1pm, who informed me his manager was onto it and he will speak to her at 3pm if he hasn't heard back from her, and I would definitely receive a call back before 5.30pm today (Tuesday). Again, I received no call from Vanarama. Wednesday came and I allowed them all day, no call, no email received. Thursday arrived and again I had to chase them, demanding this time to speak with a manager. I spoke with a lady called Hayley who said she knew of the situation, apologised for how it has been handled and said she would get Craig to come back to me this afternoon with a new quote as she hadn't checked with her providers as of yet (even though Craig had said on Tuesday that she was checking her providers and I would receive an answer). Craig did come back to me on Thursday afternoon, only to say that they still haven't checked the other two providers and would come back to me before the end of the day Thursday with an answer as I expressed I needed to get a vehicle ordered as soon as possible. Thursday ended with no answer, Friday came and again I had to chase them, spoke with a lady who answered the phone and was promised a call back from Craig or Hayley, but of course I received nothing. When I called again about 5.15pm I was informed I was now speaking with a member of the 'night' team who couldn't handle the case and I need to speak with the 'day' team on Monday when they open. To summarise, this company does not return calls, does not stick to their quotes even after providing them in writing, takes 15 minutes to answer every call and provides a poor level of service all round. I would give 0 stars if I could. STAY AWAY!"
"They keep calling me up to 5 times per day when I said I want to cancel my order. Very un-professional, I am leasing from Citroen directly instead. Stay away!"
Vanarama is rated 1.17 based on 29 reviews