Vanarama Reviews

Cow Roast
Nr Tring

Category:
Motoring

How would you rate Vanarama ?

"Don't use this firm it may get you a cheaper quote than anyone else but it will cost you more in aggravation and endless phone calls. Their standard response to any phone query is that they will call you back and they never do. I was promised a delivery date and no one bothered to inform me that the van wouldn't be available. In fact they had double leased it and I was unlucky. They offered me nothing in compensation and they didn't even have the decency to phone and let me know that they van wouldn't be turning up on the day promised. I didn't book any work in for the day the van was due therefore loosing revenue. They consistently promise the earth then fail to deliver. The manufacturers may charge slightly more but at least they offer a service. I think this is the worst company I have ever dealt with and that's saying something as I work in the HVAC industry."
Alan Partington
Unverified Reviewer
"Very poor prices, then a lot of squirming. Then tell me how the market works, when they know full well I know exactly how it works."
"once they have the money and your order they no longer care. answer to my issues with the new van 'it is an issue for you that I cannot resolve'. Dispite other issues and problems they no longer answer emails. I have had contract hire vans for over 20 years and this is the worst company for customer care ever"
"I have never given a company a 1* review in my life, but I have never been so disgusted and disappointed with a company. Absolute con artistes stay FAR away from this company if you want to be treated as more than just a number. Great people when they want your money but worst customer service experience after they have it!!!!"
James Allerton.
Unverified Reviewer
"Never answer the phone ."
"Terrible company, told me 3 times they had got the van I wanted, and even took a deposit, only to be told they had not. Wasted 5 days of my life on these jokers."
Unhappy Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Would have given 0 stars if i could. Absolutely appaling service. Received a phonecall telling me that i had been approved, they would be sourcing my car and that they would call me back in ten minutes. I never heard back, so i called them the next day to be told the advisor i had been dealing with wasnt in but that he would source my car and call me back. Never heard from him again. Called the next day to be told that the advisor was on the other line and would call me back. Nobody called. The only time i got a call back was when i told them i would be cancelling my order. The manager called and said that he would personally be dealing with my order, and that he would contact me the next day to finalise everything. Silence again. I have since cancelled my order and gone with someone else. Use this company at your own risk. My experience as a first time customer has been terrible and I would never recommend them to anyone."
"Awful company...AVOID! No communication, I had to call them all the time...after paying my deposit, they told me the vehicle I wanted had now gone up in price per month..Absolute joke!"
Taken For A Fool !
Unverified Reviewer
"Advertise a Nissan Navara at one price then it goes up £40 a month . All the guy said from start to finish is how good they are how they are the cheapest, If I go to another company they will charge more. We guess what, I did and they were £22 a month cheaper . Don't fall for their advertising or heavily scripted sales patter. go to a good company with experienced staff that know what they are talking about."
Large PLC In London
Unverified Reviewer
"Liars - miss leading - don't use them as they are crooks"
"Interested in deal offered on their website and spoke with salesperson to start the process, who then emailed me the quotes we had discussed. Went to process the quote but then got phone call from different salesperson stating that the price was incorrect and that the price would more than double. I refused. Then got a call from his 'boss' trying to hard sell me something I didnt want. He would not honour the original quote and as I was not interested in his hard sell tactic he hung up on me! SCAM ARTISTS!"
Max
"Saw these guys advertised on TV. As the saying goes - "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" and that was the case with these guys. After finally getting a call back, they couldn't offer me anywhere near the advertised price."
"What went wrong? what went right? My husband died just before the lease was to be completed, They were on the e-mail trying to sell me another one, but when I tried to get them to sort out some of my questions I got passed from pillar to post, cut off , spent hours listening to canned music, Trying to organise a funeral, waiting for Post Mortem to be done, dealing with police. then have Vanarama ignore, missdirect and totally fail to answer any of my questions. Never again."
"Warning - this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. I called Vanarama looking for a quote after a member of my family who had recently left the trade (not working for this company) recommended them to me. I originally spoke with a man named Craig Nabbs who provided me with a quote that was quite high, Vanarama's policy is that if you can provide evidence of a quote that is better than their's and they cannot match it, they will provide you with £50 worth of vouchers. I shopped around for a better deal and found one that was about £30 cheaper per month with a different company. I called Vanarama back and spoke with a man named Ryan Murphy as Craig was away on annual leave. I informed Ryan I had found a better quote, he requested I forward the better quote to him via email, and he would see if he could match or better the quote and get back to me. I did so, and within 5 minutes I received an email from Ryan with a new written quote that was approximately £80 cheaper than the first quote, and £50 cheaper than the quote I had received from the other company. I realised it was very cheap in comparison to other quotes I had received, and emailed Ryan back to ask if this quote was for the same model and included the metallic colour I wanted (£300 extra charge) to which he confirmed yes the price is correct for this model and includes my preferred metallic colour. I was obviously pleased with this and called Vanarama back the next day to order my vehicle, I spoke with a man named Anthony as Ryan was on the other line and Craig was still away, Anthony processed the order for me and told me that as it was a Friday evening the credit provider had closed and so they would call me back on Monday morning after hearing whether I had passed on credit or not. Monday came and I received no call from Vanarama, so I called them at about 1pm to ask what the situation was and if we could move forward. I spoke to Craig who had returned from annual leave, he informed me that the quote they had provided to me in writing whilst he was away could no longer go ahead as it was too cheap. He said the best quote they can do was the one they had originally quoted to me, approximately £80 more per month. Craig informed me he only has access to 3 funders but his manager has access to 2 more, and she might be able to better his quote so he will call me back before close of play today (Monday). I received no call back, and had to chase Craig on Tuesday again about 1pm, who informed me his manager was onto it and he will speak to her at 3pm if he hasn't heard back from her, and I would definitely receive a call back before 5.30pm today (Tuesday). Again, I received no call from Vanarama. Wednesday came and I allowed them all day, no call, no email received. Thursday arrived and again I had to chase them, demanding this time to speak with a manager. I spoke with a lady called Hayley who said she knew of the situation, apologised for how it has been handled and said she would get Craig to come back to me this afternoon with a new quote as she hadn't checked with her providers as of yet (even though Craig had said on Tuesday that she was checking her providers and I would receive an answer). Craig did come back to me on Thursday afternoon, only to say that they still haven't checked the other two providers and would come back to me before the end of the day Thursday with an answer as I expressed I needed to get a vehicle ordered as soon as possible. Thursday ended with no answer, Friday came and again I had to chase them, spoke with a lady who answered the phone and was promised a call back from Craig or Hayley, but of course I received nothing. When I called again about 5.15pm I was informed I was now speaking with a member of the 'night' team who couldn't handle the case and I need to speak with the 'day' team on Monday when they open. To summarise, this company does not return calls, does not stick to their quotes even after providing them in writing, takes 15 minutes to answer every call and provides a poor level of service all round. I would give 0 stars if I could. STAY AWAY!"
"They keep calling me up to 5 times per day when I said I want to cancel my order. Very un-professional, I am leasing from Citroen directly instead. Stay away!"
"Zero stars if I could! Ordered van got given delivery date. Received emails to do electronic signatures all signed. Day before delivery I called up as I keep getting document reminder email for scan of d license, got told they have been waiting 17 days for my guarantor form to be signed and sent back, they didn't even give me one to sign let alone ring to chase me why they haven't got it! Got mad and cancelled order now! Useless! Quite qick to pester you for deposit though!"
"1. Promise to beat any quote. I emailed a quote and never got a reply because it was too good. 2. On a separate quote... my credit wasn't good enough (hahaha) but they could still offer me a deal... although much more expensive. 3. Advertised deals often do not inform of the high initial payment required. 4. Finally, on third quote I was expected... BUT.... surprise surprise... they couldn't source what I was after BUT... they could get a van in white (not what I asked for) without rear windows (not what I asked for) and which would cost over £1000 more (not what I asked for). Advertising standards should be informed. They are sharks. Avoid at all costs."
"From day 1 they lied so not listen to the sales people. Make sure you read the small print and do not take out there service agreement this is genuine advice glyn keadt"
"Went for a vw transporter, all went well till they rang me back telling be I got turned down for credit. I told them this was wrong and to give me the name of the finance company, she declined saying that my credit is not good enough and to go and find out why on experian, which I have just done and found it to be excellent , but now thanks to Vanarama when asked if I've been turn down for credit I can no longer say no, THANKS FOR THAT"
"False advertising, the price you get is not the price you pay. Trading standards should be informed Customer service is appalling."
Vanarama is rated 1.21 based on 24 reviews