50five UK Ltd Reviews

Unit 3B Broom Business Park,
Bridge Way

Tell us how 50five UK Ltd made you happy

Mr Mills
"A great service from Valley Heating Services. The fitting team did a great job and very friendly. No problems at all. I would recommend them."
Rusty Gladdish
"Our overall experience of Valley heating Services has been good albeit after a few hiccups. On the appointed day a dynamic young team drove down from Sheffield to our home in Wales. Ours was a challenging task as we are on three floors and they had to work on scaffolding to insert the flue. It was Jason, Sean and Stephanie. When they arrived they hit the ground running and worked solidly without a real break until the boiler was installed and up and running. We kept them readily supplied with tea; coffee, biscuits, sandwiches and cakes. They ate on the hoof and worked for seven hours. They protected our wooden floors with a special floor covering and cleaned up after themselves with a vacuum cleaner before they left. At the end of the installation they were exhausted but one of the pipes sprung a leak. Jason found the leak and repaired it. They left us with a neatly installed boiler in full working order with the minimum of disruption. Obviously there's always going to be some level of disruption and mess. Installing a new boiler is always a major event. So it's a good idea to prepare as well you can for the engineers. Well done Jason and the Argonauts! You did a great job. Lack of communication at Valley heating was extremely frustrating at first but as time went on they got better. The electrician arrived a week later and wired the thermostat in. Our latest challenge is trying to set the correct time on the SALUS thermostat. If you have problems go to the SALUS tech help desk and they will talk you through it over the phone. There is also a video workshop by Bardsley plumbers on YouTube. Bonne Chance!!"
"the lad who fitted my boiler was very polite and he did a very good job on the boiler very pleased with the work he did thank u"
"Utterly atrocious company to deal with! Salesman promised the earth and the company cannot deliver, DO NOT BE FOOLED. Salesman came to do a second quote after other companies quoted less, funnily enough the second quote was just under competitors'. Promised a call back that day from head office to arrange an initial assessment the next week for installation the week after, NOBODY CALLED. Rang at the weekend to find out nobody to book an initial assessment was there (but they happily took £100 deposit) and promised a call back on Monday, NOBODY CALLED. On Tuesday, NOBODY CALLED. On Wednesday I called them again to be told the singular person who can book the appointment was busy and would call me back, NOBODY CALLED. On Thursday I called again to once more be told this individual person was busy. I said I'd wait on the phone for them to be free as I did not trust they'd call back but apparently they do not allow this (rude staff, very unhelpful). Asked to speak to a manager instead, also not allowed, they will only schedule call backs.... After some persistence they mentioned a date for an initial assessment in three weeks time! Having no heating or hot water this was obviously unacceptable and was not agreed previously. Asked for the deposit back and that was a straight no. I booked another company to do the work who could do it the following week and suddenly they wanted to talk again, offered next day assessment and promised a date for installation the following week. I felt as though they were just trying to keep me on the hook and declined, they did agree to send the deposit back at this point after consulting a manager (it took 2 weeks to receive the deposit back). Turns out they used to be Valley Heating Services which has far more negative reviews than 50Five. Do your own research. In conclusion, one of the worst companies to deal with I have ever encountered. If I could give less than one star then I would. I would not trust them to stick to any date or ever call back."
Are you 50five UK Ltd? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Forced to sign away statutory rights to cancel, then wrong boiler partly installed...no heat, no hot water, no cooking, whilst I wait until who knows when for someone at 50Five to take responsibility and correct their mistakes. Meanwhile, nothing but excuses from the office staff. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!"
"We are still waiting for a boiler through the home grant, we have had no hot water or heating since dec 22nd 2018!! Still waiting , fingers cross we have been told next Wednesday is the appointment for this to be installed, I’ve had to have my carers boil water in a pot to strip wash me twice a day and to move my bed into the kitchen so I can keep the gas stove on all day to keep warm, absolutely disgusted how we have been left."
"RUBISH RUBISH RUBISH INSTALLED BOILER ON THE 9TH JAN WHICH WAS NOT THE BOILER ORDERED 12 WEEKS LATER THE SYSTEM IS STILL NOT WORKING. REPORTED FAULT ON THE 8TH OF FEBRUARY STILL WAITING FOR ENGINEER TO COME. LEFT MY FAMILY WITH OUT ANY HEATING FOR 3 WEEKS. RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH. KEEP AWAY"
"Had my boiler installed by these guys through E-on. Combi boiler and air is still getting trapped in the system. After being told by R-on that 50five will call me to send an engineer out (as still under warranty) im still waiting for these calls and an engineer! its like water torture the noise."
"We have just had a air source heat pump installed and complete heating system. The design and installation has proven to be spot on. The whole installation took less than a week,this included considerable electrical work. All this with a minimum amount of disruption and upon completion very little mess. Excellent customer service and the team of installers are a credit to you. Highly recommended"
Hi Mr & Mrs Turner,

Thank you for the review, 50five appreciates when our customers take the time to leave a positive review about us!

We are glad to hear you received a quality installation for your air source heat pump, and complete heating system. Especially with the winter weather fast approaching!

50five provide smart advice for every smart device, and as a leading provider in heating solutions and smart home technology, we are always looking to carry out the best possible service for our valued customers.

We hope to see you again soon!
50five
"The most unimpressive company I have ever come across. The sales staff and typically pleasant staff until you have signed up to nearly £3K, and then it's a case of dealing with unprofessional, unhelpful and rude staff. When the boiler Fifty5 fixed doesn't work, they are not prepared to put it right unless you sign away more of your hard earned money. They just didn't care that we have not had any heating or hot water for nearly two weeks! I would never recommend them!!"
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear about your experience.

This isn't a usual occurrence at our business. Customers usually receive exceptional customer service from the team at 50five.

Please contact me to expand on the issues you are facing, and see how we can assist you further with this.

Mark Wilson, Managing Director
m.wilson@50five.com
"They were supposed to send me some details our in the middle of December. The letter did not arrive till the 5th of January. I sent the details of . Appointment arranged for somebody to come and see me. Yesterday I received a phone all confirming that I was the first appointment today. The salesman would contact me 30 mins before the appointment. 10.45AM I waited in all morning no phone call. I phoned up to find out when the salesman was coming. I phone you back immediately after I have spoken to him. No reply. 11.20 I phone back again same conversation. 12.01 I phone back again only to be told the gentleman gone to meet centrica about a gas leak all his appointments today are cancelled. At some time in the future we will make another appointment. If you can’t get the customer service on the phone I hate to think how good the compan are at fitting central heating boilers I"
Good evening Pete,

My sincerest apologies for the experience you had. I assure you this isn’t a typical situation for customers of 50five.

Most of our customers experience our usual high-quality service, from both the customer care and installation teams, so I’d like to speak with you further to help remedy the situation.

My name is Mark, and I’m the Managing Director here, - please drop me an email at mwilson@50five.com
"Terrible company. Would not recommend"
"Mark Wilson came out to look at my existing ASHP system with a view to identifying the issues and coming up with a replacement system. He promised the report for the end of July (within 2 weeks of the visit) but despite numerous calls to the office and emails I have received no report or quote. Appalling customer service."
"i paid over £3,000 installation and part new from VHS with 10 years on the vaillant boilers, and and then it went downhill. my heaters won't warming up, they came down three times, I paid £400 out of my own pocket to get a flash service done, which I paid for. and then Valley heating services told me you have 10 years warranty on labour and parts, when I rang up the boiler company, they tell me I've only got 2 years warranty on this. I will never trust this company again as if so many lies"
"Had VHS come out and give a quote, after quite got accepted survey came out and increased price by £500. Reason was because they initially quoted a lower price which they cannot afford to now do as they said boiler price had gone up. Boiler prices do not go up by £500 in a weeks time. This was ridiculous. We had to pay survey fee £100 which luckily I got back. I would not recommend this company at all. Do not pay survey fee as most time you don’t get it back. I had to call up more than 10 times to get it back."
"Awful customer service. Was referred to them though the affordable warmth scheme in 2016. Had a survey of the house done and electricians come out to measure up to replace storage heaters then complete radio silence. They promise to write and call you with updates but don’t deliver. Have lost count how many times they have said they “will look into it and call you back” to then never hear a thing. Final straw is 6 months after being told the job was being costed up I ring to check what is going on to be told the funding has been withdrawn and they were no longer installing them for me, and hadn’t even had the decency to notify me. My advice is avoid them at all costs!"
"very poor service,when you enquire very promising about everything once done that is it. i was told i will get a call regarding servicing after one year ,have not heard since it installed now i phoned to enquire all i am getting is free service period is over now i need to pay for it. i was told the the tank will be removed from the loft but it was not done as it is big to come out of the hole,i informed this two days later it installed and i was told it is health and safety issue to the engineers,why dont you tell this to customers when first enquiring rather than telling them when you arrive at the scene???? i would not recommend VHS to anyone if you go with it make sure all these agreed."
"Just following up from our last review and being charged an unbelievable charge for something that could be sorted over the phone as the engineer could have asked us if we had checked the batteries in the thermostat! Than you for your nasty threatening letter that only supports what the engineer did changed the batteries!! Thank you"
"A new boiler was due to be fitted on 26/10/17 and I was told would all be completed within one day. They did not turn up on or the following re-arranged day. Did come 1/11 but stated pipe missing and could not be done, a senior engineer came in the afternoon and found the pipe within 5 minutes. Failed to turn up on 3 further appointments and eventually came on 8/12 but failed to bring radiator thermostats. Phone call following morning requesting full payment to which I refused until job completed. The lady did not know the job incomplete as the engineer had not told anybody, but still wanted payment. Appt 6/11 did not turn up 10/11 turned up but said needed 2 people. 27/11 did not turn up. 8/11 one person turned up and said did not need 2 people and fitted the thermostats. I also asked him to help me with the thermostat to which he replied the one fitted was rubbish and he would recommend a different one. When I spoke to the senior customer services officer she stated I would have to pay for a different thermostat. Early on I complained to the salesman who said a director would keep an eye on the job, in spite of requests at the phone to speak to somebody in authority I was told the most senior person was the customer services supervisor who was totally unsympathetic to the problems, inconvenience, stress and cold I had to endure. I was sent a receipted invoice for the deposit I paid which was not franked or stamped and I had to go to the Royal Mail Office and pay £2-00 to collect. I demanded a reduction in the bill for the inconvenience and they eventually agreed £70-00 compensation. I told them I would settle the bill when I received the invoice and I eventually received a letter demanding the balance and giving me 7 days from the date of the letter to settle or the debt would be passed to a debt collection agency. I received the letter 10 days after the date on the letter and immediately rang them who said they had to make this threat to comply with the law but they had not yet transferred the debt. I am still waiting for the confirmation of the 12 year guarantee as all the paperwork states the boiler is only covered for 10 years in spite of all the sales literature and salesman stating it was guaranteed for 12 years. I would recommend avoid this company."
"You didn't follow-up on a site visit despite knowing my central heating system had several fault. I have had to chase and chase for over 3 months yes .....3 MONTHS only to be told we don t have underfloor expertise. You installed a new boiler and a heat recovery unit couple of years and I was committed to let you support and maintain this system and the heating system. I have found you inconsistent with communications, poor in terms of customer contact and amazingly incompetent at handling a customer call. I had to wait over 3 months from and engineer coming out to finally being told we can help with your heating system now I will therefore no longer be using you to maintain my boiler nor use you for anything else, and will freely let my network of family, friends and colleagues know what a poor and unreliable organisation Valley Heating Services are !!!!"
"Very poor service. damaged floorboards"
"Our heating wouldn’t come on so we rang valley heating who installed our boiler three years ago. The engineer didn’t arrive when were told he would and when we rang to find out where he was we were told that they would try to find him! The engineer finally rang said he was on his way and asked what the problem was we explained we had no heating and the thermostat wasn’t working. When he came he told us we needed new batteries he changed them and that was it sorted. He could have asked me if I had changed the batteries over the phone (we had no idea that we had to change the batteries) we were then charged £72 how can that be justified? The woman on the phone when we rang and questioned it said it was standard call out charge,we have recently paid that amount for a service no mention of the batteries and what do if the heating didn’t come on. Our friends had the same boiler installed but each time they have it serviced the engineer always reminds them about the batteries. We only found this out when we were telling them about the extortionate charge for something that could be resolved over the phone. Be warned give valley heating a wide berth, not only that but on two occasions when we have had a service they have kept sending us bills when we had already paid."
"Just want to say a massive thank you to Richard Dean and his engineers Johnathan and Elliott for the excellent work carried out on installing my new boiler. Thanks again lads great work would recommend them to anyone."
50five UK Ltd is rated 3.28 based on 165 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access