Valley Heating Services Ltd Reviews

56% of reviewers recommend Valley Heating Services Ltd

info@vhsgroup.co.uk

Unit 3B Broom Business ParkBridge Way

How would you rate Valley Heating Services Ltd?

Mr Mills
"A great service from Valley Heating Services. The fitting team did a great job and very friendly. No problems at all. I would recommend them."
Rusty Gladdish
Rusty Gladdish
Verified Buyer
"Our overall experience of Valley heating Services has been good albeit after a few hiccups. On the appointed day a dynamic young team drove down from Sheffield to our home in Wales. Ours was a challenging task as we are on three floors and they had to work on scaffolding to insert the flue. It was Jason, Sean and Stephanie. When they arrived they hit the ground running and worked solidly without a real break until the boiler was installed and up and running. We kept them readily supplied with tea; coffee, biscuits, sandwiches and cakes. They ate on the hoof and worked for seven hours. They protected our wooden floors with a special floor covering and cleaned up after themselves with a vacuum cleaner before they left. At the end of the installation they were exhausted but one of the pipes sprung a leak. Jason found the leak and repaired it. They left us with a neatly installed boiler in full working order with the minimum of disruption. Obviously there's always going to be some level of disruption and mess. Installing a new boiler is always a major event. So it's a good idea to prepare as well you can for the engineers. Well done Jason and the Argonauts! You did a great job. Lack of communication at Valley heating was extremely frustrating at first but as time went on they got better. The electrician arrived a week later and wired the thermostat in. Our latest challenge is trying to set the correct time on the SALUS thermostat. If you have problems go to the SALUS tech help desk and they will talk you through it over the phone. There is also a video workshop by Bardsley plumbers on YouTube. Bonne Chance!!"
"the lad who fitted my boiler was very polite and he did a very good job on the boiler very pleased with the work he did thank u"
"Had VHS come out and give a quote, after quite got accepted survey came out and increased price by £500. Reason was because they initially quoted a lower price which they cannot afford to now do as they said boiler price had gone up. Boiler prices do not go up by £500 in a weeks time. This was ridiculous. We had to pay survey fee £100 which luckily I got back. I would not recommend this company at all. Do not pay survey fee as most time you don’t get it back. I had to call up more than 10 times to get it back."
"Awful customer service. Was referred to them though the affordable warmth scheme in 2016. Had a survey of the house done and electricians come out to measure up to replace storage heaters then complete radio silence. They promise to write and call you with updates but don’t deliver. Have lost count how many times they have said they “will look into it and call you back” to then never hear a thing. Final straw is 6 months after being told the job was being costed up I ring to check what is going on to be told the funding has been withdrawn and they were no longer installing them for me, and hadn’t even had the decency to notify me. My advice is avoid them at all costs!"
"very poor service,when you enquire very promising about everything once done that is it. i was told i will get a call regarding servicing after one year ,have not heard since it installed now i phoned to enquire all i am getting is free service period is over now i need to pay for it. i was told the the tank will be removed from the loft but it was not done as it is big to come out of the hole,i informed this two days later it installed and i was told it is health and safety issue to the engineers,why dont you tell this to customers when first enquiring rather than telling them when you arrive at the scene???? i would not recommend VHS to anyone if you go with it make sure all these agreed."
"Just following up from our last review and being charged an unbelievable charge for something that could be sorted over the phone as the engineer could have asked us if we had checked the batteries in the thermostat! Than you for your nasty threatening letter that only supports what the engineer did changed the batteries!! Thank you"
Trevor Howdle
Verified Reviewer
"A new boiler was due to be fitted on 26/10/17 and I was told would all be completed within one day. They did not turn up on or the following re-arranged day. Did come 1/11 but stated pipe missing and could not be done, a senior engineer came in the afternoon and found the pipe within 5 minutes. Failed to turn up on 3 further appointments and eventually came on 8/12 but failed to bring radiator thermostats. Phone call following morning requesting full payment to which I refused until job completed. The lady did not know the job incomplete as the engineer had not told anybody, but still wanted payment. Appt 6/11 did not turn up 10/11 turned up but said needed 2 people. 27/11 did not turn up. 8/11 one person turned up and said did not need 2 people and fitted the thermostats. I also asked him to help me with the thermostat to which he replied the one fitted was rubbish and he would recommend a different one. When I spoke to the senior customer services officer she stated I would have to pay for a different thermostat. Early on I complained to the salesman who said a director would keep an eye on the job, in spite of requests at the phone to speak to somebody in authority I was told the most senior person was the customer services supervisor who was totally unsympathetic to the problems, inconvenience, stress and cold I had to endure. I was sent a receipted invoice for the deposit I paid which was not franked or stamped and I had to go to the Royal Mail Office and pay £2-00 to collect. I demanded a reduction in the bill for the inconvenience and they eventually agreed £70-00 compensation. I told them I would settle the bill when I received the invoice and I eventually received a letter demanding the balance and giving me 7 days from the date of the letter to settle or the debt would be passed to a debt collection agency. I received the letter 10 days after the date on the letter and immediately rang them who said they had to make this threat to comply with the law but they had not yet transferred the debt. I am still waiting for the confirmation of the 12 year guarantee as all the paperwork states the boiler is only covered for 10 years in spite of all the sales literature and salesman stating it was guaranteed for 12 years. I would recommend avoid this company."
Russell Price - Director Price Propety Mgmt Ltd
Verified Reviewer
"You didn't follow-up on a site visit despite knowing my central heating system had several fault. I have had to chase and chase for over 3 months yes .....3 MONTHS only to be told we don t have underfloor expertise. You installed a new boiler and a heat recovery unit couple of years and I was committed to let you support and maintain this system and the heating system. I have found you inconsistent with communications, poor in terms of customer contact and amazingly incompetent at handling a customer call. I had to wait over 3 months from and engineer coming out to finally being told we can help with your heating system now I will therefore no longer be using you to maintain my boiler nor use you for anything else, and will freely let my network of family, friends and colleagues know what a poor and unreliable organisation Valley Heating Services are !!!!"
"Very poor service. damaged floorboards"
"Our heating wouldn’t come on so we rang valley heating who installed our boiler three years ago. The engineer didn’t arrive when were told he would and when we rang to find out where he was we were told that they would try to find him! The engineer finally rang said he was on his way and asked what the problem was we explained we had no heating and the thermostat wasn’t working. When he came he told us we needed new batteries he changed them and that was it sorted. He could have asked me if I had changed the batteries over the phone (we had no idea that we had to change the batteries) we were then charged £72 how can that be justified? The woman on the phone when we rang and questioned it said it was standard call out charge,we have recently paid that amount for a service no mention of the batteries and what do if the heating didn’t come on. Our friends had the same boiler installed but each time they have it serviced the engineer always reminds them about the batteries. We only found this out when we were telling them about the extortionate charge for something that could be resolved over the phone. Be warned give valley heating a wide berth, not only that but on two occasions when we have had a service they have kept sending us bills when we had already paid."
Sarah Rotherham
Verified Buyer
"Just want to say a massive thank you to Richard Dean and his engineers Johnathan and Elliott for the excellent work carried out on installing my new boiler. Thanks again lads great work would recommend them to anyone."
"Excellent customer service, Friendly helpful staff, competitive prices and a brilliant job done on my install"
Mr Shepherd
Verified Buyer
"The installation was not as per the quotation, I have since discovered the installation was faulty and that seals in the exhaust flume pipe were damaged at the time. This resulted in water leaking from the pipe and excess noise from the boiler. I reported this at the first service and nothing was done about it."
Ramesh From Birstall. Leicester
Unverified Reviewer
"Boiler installation was nightmare. 2 days job was dragged to 11 days.Claimed loss of earning which company is refusing to honour. Boiler and controls are guaranteed for 12 years but room thermostat became faulty after only 4 weeks of normal use. Company cannot send engineer for one week and I was told that there may be charge. This is one of the worst company to do business with. If you want peace of mid stay clear and do not come under influence of the rep. They will make false promise which the company refuse to acknowledge."
"Tried to book a 2nd year service, no one turned up on the booked day, no communication from office to say why and wont respond to further requests for a service. I will be getting someone else to do the work."
"Terrible service job left not finished and damage caused to my property"
Beverley Brookes Nee Branch
Verified Reviewer
"my complaint is the same as below , Luke Birkinshaw and Trevor reported the company would not honour the Service Agreement. I also had this problem last year which was the the first years service. My agreement was made with the sales rep Chris Royle who sold us the Boiler Deal. He no longer works for the company. Last year they did eventually service the boiler but will not service it this year. The woman I spoke to is disrespectful and unhelpful and very arrogant. Danielle is her name. We also had problems with broken floorboards twice on one occasion my daughter fell through the floor. After many phone calls the company did rectify the floor board problem but we are left with having to pay for a service which the company refuses to honour. B Brookes nee Branch"
"My Aunty Angela had an old boiler replaced by Valley. Great workmanship, quick and tidy.Many thanks."
"Absolutely fantastic service from both the engineers on site and the office staff Couldn't have wished for a better job definitely recommend"
Nick Malaczynski
Unverified Reviewer
"Guys were very responsive, clean and tidy and came up with some great ideas to get round some difficult issues"
"Had full heating replaced great job done by all from start to finish five star service"
"A First class job from start to finish,everything was done on time and on price.The team at Valley from the office ladies to the engineers did a great job.They all looked after us and nothing was too much trouble.Its hard to find good companies , add this one to your list.Highly recommended."
Valley Heating Services Ltd is rated 3.41 based on 154 reviews