Urban Cooling Reviews

of reviewers recommend Urban Cooling
Read Urban Cooling Reviews

About Urban Cooling:

At Urban Cooling, we have been installing all types of air conditioning solutions into residential, commercial, retail and leisure premises for over 20 years.

We specialise in providing air conditioning to buildings which otherwise cannot have it. With our solutions, buildings such as apartments and listed buildings can have the same standard of air conditioning as conventional systems provide, without the need for an external unit.

Operating within the M25, we undertake installations across all London postcodes.

Tell us how Urban Cooling made you happy
Urban Cooling 5 star review on 14th January 2021
Hugh
Urban Cooling 5 star review on 14th January 2021
Hugh
The installation was done quickly and the unit are working well. Little issues we have had: 1. One of our walls was damaged. They eventually fixed it. 2. The pipes coming off the cupboard unit were poorly installed - making our cupboard very impractical - it is now hard to use it as storage. 3. The WiFi connection of one of our units doesn't work.
Hi Charlotte, Thank you for the review, it is a shame we could not get 5 stars, we will review your feedback so we can provide a better service in the future. Can I just run through your points; 1. One of our walls was damaged. They eventually fixed it. - During installations, sometimes however careful a small bit of damage can happen, we are always careful and never mean to cause damage. We took responsibility for the minor damage immediately and requested that our professional subcontractor decorator come out to repair this free of charge. Unfortunately with any good professionals if they are good sometimes they get busy and we have to wait until they are free - I apologise for any inconvenience. 2. The pipes coming off the cupboard unit were poorly installed - making our cupboard very impractical - it is now hard to use it as storage. - I have just spoken to the office about this and we have not been made aware of any issue. If you had mentioned it we would have returned without any fuss to rectify the issue, I will get the office to call you now. 3. The WiFi connection of one of our units doesn't work. - We are aware of an issue of the wi-fi adaptor not connecting to your wi-fi back in September last year, after we sent out an engineer to take a look we have not heard anything back, so we assumed it was all rectified. If there is an issue we can come and take a look, sometimes it's a simple case of powering down the adaptor and turning it back on. I will get the office to contact you today, Regards Tony Ellerker Managing Director
2020 was so hot and living on top floor south-facing it was impossible to sleep at night hence decided to get an a/c in early summer 2021. Urban cooling seemed like a great option since they can offer installation without outside unit, which is a limitation for me considering I live in a listed property in Central London. In my online research Urban Cooling came up with a competitive price and their customer service team was great. I got 2 units, the installation took about 4 or so, the guys were super professional and efficient. Best of it all - when outside was 30 degrees, I had a nice 19 degrees temperature in the bedroom. This has been a real saviour.
Very tidy, explained what he was doing and usefully explained some other stuff about the settings that I didn’t know but should have.
The units work really well and cool the room down really quickly!
Urban Cooling installed AC in our docklands flat in 2021, overall the service was good and the unit works as expected. There were a couple of things that required the engineers to return and put right, but service particularly from Lisa in the office was always prompt and efficent. The compressor was initially noisier than I had expected but UC provided some sound dampening foam and one we got the compressor boxed in with MDF in the airing cupboard all was good.
Urban cooling was very swift in responding to all my requests and questions and carried out the installation of an aircon unit on my top floor very smoothly. The engineers were very knowledgable and came up with some innovative solutions as I live in a conservation area.
The ideal solution for a flat, nothing unsightly on walls (just hotel style unit) then great cooling remotely controlled.
Really great company with very professional engineers. The air conditioning works perfectly and is extremely quiet. Only aspect to be aware of is running costs, which is quite expensive with regards to water costs.
Hi Tom, Thank you for your review. Please give me a call in the office, it is likely that your property has a very high mains water pressure and the AC system needs a pressure reducing valve to lower the pressure, this will also lower the amount of water going through the unit. Regards Tony Ellerker MD Urban Cooling
Very professional service and high quality set up. Recommend them highly
I’m really pleased with the product and the installation. Being a gadget fan I love the Wi-Fi control and the ability to turn the unit on prior to arriving home. The unit itself is effective and the installation was a really neat (and quick) job. I’ve had the unit a year now - so far so good
Great job installing AirCon in 3 rooms and good, professional team - would recommend.
Got there in the end after fitting a malfunctioning unit first time around. Unit works as promised with a little smell that UC came round to fix promptly. Be warned, this unit will double your water bills.
Hi Mark, Thanks for the review. Apologies for the unit not working on the 1st time around, I`m glad it got resolved. With regards to the water usage, we have not been made aware. It is highly likely that your building has a very high water pressure and could do with a water pressure reducing valve to lower the water pressure and volume going through the unit. I will get the office to give you a call. Regards Tony Ellerker MD Urban Cooling
Fantastic company, it was quite a large job with 6 rooms fitted and the team worked very hard to get everything set up and ready. Customer service was brilliant too and I have recommended Urban Cooling to a friend who is in the process of using them too.
Very pleased with the company. They were very patient with all the questions I had about the ac units and felt the after sales service especially was very good. We had a few issues (one user error) and they were quick to get a team out and remedy it. Have not regretted getting the installation throughout the house.
Came over and gave me a quote. Booked me in for installation using two payments two weeks later. Installation was fast as I'm in a new build so only took about 6 hours. They answered questions that arose over phone and email when I started using it.
Great system and very professional installation. It was a life saver during last summer and well worth the cost.
Urban cooling installed my air conditioning in my apartment in 4 rooms in a totally professional manner and to a very high standard. The system works very well and cools down my apartment to a comfortable temperature. My apartment was unbearable in the afternoon summer hear before I took the plunge and got the system installed!! I also found the after service to be of a high standard when there was a minor issue on one of my units after installation.
Really professional! Unit was installed quickly - and it works really well in my stuffy new build apartment!
on the whole the customer service was great, but the reason for the poor rating is because when they installed the fuse box they sent you young lads who had not fully qualified to install it with no supervision or guidance (their senior was in the car downstairs). this is not only a breach but also potentially dangerous to both the young lads and to customers. if not for this i would not have rated them so poorly as with the units themselves they have been great.
Hi, Thank you for your review. As per our discussion with you after your initial concern, we did contact our electrical subcontractor and pass on your comments. Of which it was then relayed back to you that the "young" lad you mentioned was indeed 21 years old, has been an electrical apprentice since he was 15 years old, and was actually fully qualified and registered with City & Guilds for electrical installation, so, there were no breaches of any health & safety. Although we do clearly state on our quotation that any electrical works are carried out by subcontractors, we are not able to vet our subcontractor's qualified staff by age. Even if we could I believe this would leave us open to a discrimination case. With the age discrimination aside, We are sorry you felt this overshadowed your "great" air conditioning system.
Amazing quick turnaround. Happy with the end result. I now have water cooled in all rooms across my flat.
Urban Cooling is rated 4.72 based on 108 reviews