UPS Reviews

17% of reviewers recommend UPS

How would you rate UPS?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Karina Sterry
Verified Reviewer
"It stinks,waited in tonight for a 21 birthday present for my granddaughter. Now won't arrive till tomorrow! Too late"
John Dunnings
"UPS can never make access to modern apartment buildings. They always try but literally, they always encounter a brick wall. No way to get in and no code to contact the tenant! So, instead of automatically dropping the parcel off at the closest to the address destination drop-off site, UPS takes it to their warehouse in another town and invite you to travel to their warehouse situated in wasteland that might as well be on the moon! Where's the savvy in that? Drop parcels off at the clients closest most convenient P/U site, unless customer states otherwise! Now, is that Rocket Science?"
Allan Jones
"Very inflexible delivery service"
"What went wrong........EVERYTHING! lets start with the website, totally disfunctional and out dated, 5 pages to fill in just to book a delivery. you tick a wrong box and there is an additional charge you knew nothing about. you cant book a collection after midday! every other courier offer a better service. Then they want you to ship loads of boxes to get a discount. My boxes are 20kg ish each, oh but wait, they want you to send loads of boxes full of air. when you have the conversation trying to explain the situation they promise you another deal and then drop the rate tier when you dont make the quota of empty boxes. if i was to ship 100's of empty boxes i'd get a better rate. this company has no interest in helping the environment and save packaging material that isnt needed. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL BE VERY UNHAPPY!"
"Delivered my parcel to one of their pick up centres claiming I was not in, when I had purposely stayed in for them This is not the first time they have done this to me In future I will check with my online retailers before i order; if UPS is their carrier I will not buy from them"
Patricia Gachagan
Unverified Reviewer
"UPS failed to deliver my package on their day-definite express service. It was urgent. Excuses and no refund. Very unprofessional. Would not recommend you use UPS as they do not guarantee at all."
"I frequently use courier companies and UPS is by far the worst of them all. They damaged a musical instrument that was very well wrapped and them put inside a hardshell padded case and then put inside a cardboard box with loads of packaging inside it. You'd need to drop a package like that from quite a height to do any damage to the contents. UPS managed. Their tracking is appalling. Items aren't registered on their tracking system until the driver gets the package to the depot. You're also given no receipt or proof of postage either on the doorstep or when you take a parcel to a drop off point. Is it any wonder so many parcels 'go missing' with UPS? The tracking information online is so minimal and vague as to be virtually pointless. 'Delivery by end of day' has also meant 'by the end of the next day' on some occasions. UPS are also known for adding surcharges to deliveries for being allegedly 'oversized', even though they've accepted the booking and taken the booking price they asked for. Demands for additional money have come to me from UPS via, for example, parcel2go up to two weeks after delivery. How this company are still in business I don't know. They've also attempted to have critical reviews of their company removed from review sites. Please, please be careful sending anything by UPS that you don't want lost or damaged."
"Plz do NOT use this company, Its not reliable. delay after delay after delay. in the track record online they claim that something is wrong with your address!! after talking with them, they claimed that they are on the way to you! lies. no parcel was received. My parcel should have been with me last week but I am still waiting!! Im just worried that they damaged it as they have done with so many parcels. Do Not use these guys! Next time before I buy anything online I will ensure the sellers are not using this non-sense company."
"I used Parcel2Go.com for the first time last week to send a parcel to the USA, using UPS as the courier. The parcel was collected by a very polite and friendly courier and with the tracking service I was able to see all the various stages and the handling involved in getting it to the recipient! I am taking time to write this review as I was so impressed with the service, as the parcel arrived a day ahead of schedule and in good condition. Very impressed with the service and would definitely use it again and also recommend to others!"
"UPS damaged my package in transit. They only admitted this after I had to ask why it had not been delivered the previous day as their tracking system had shown it to out for delivery from 05.25 to midnight! Then the tracking system was amended to show it had not been out for delivery at all! This just goes to show you cannot trust the UPS tracking system. The sender asked me to check the contents with the driver, which were repackaged by UPS minus broken items, prior to accepting and I advised UPS customer service of this in advance of delivery. When the package finally arrived 4 days late the driver refused to let me check the delivery. I explained the situation and he said his only concern was covering himself and that I could not open it without signing first - UPS policy would appear to be to force people to sign for and therefore accept delivery irrespective of condition! The goods had to be returned to the sender as my contract was with them and not with UPS and hence I has to follow their instructions."
"I used UPS through interparcel.com and thought they were amazing. My parcels were collected 12 hours after the booking by the delivery driver who was very smart looking in sharp uniform - first impressions count. Delivery to France took 48 hours and cost me half the proposed cost with Parcelforce. I will definitely use both interparcel and UPS again."
"Next to useless when it comes to resolving an issue with delivery and are easily the most rigid and unhelpful courier I've ever had to deal with when resolving an issue, even when the fault is unquestionably theirs will refuse to do anything out of their way to rectify the situation."
UPS is rated 1.75 based on 12 reviews