Universal Tyre & Autocentre Reviews

of reviewers recommend Universal Tyre & Autocentre

Tell us how Universal Tyre & Autocentre made you happy
I was stranded with a flat tyre yesterday morning at a petrol station. I spotted a tyre van with, as it turned out, Jason filling up + asked for his help. He instantly said yes . A very kind deed, he was brilliant. So often these days no one is willing to just help another, not Jason, he came to my rescue. A really cheerful and decent guy. Thank you very much.
I would like to thank Tony and Patrick at the Purfleet Branch . I booked my car for a full service and MOT . I was treated very professionally, friendly and helpful throughout my visit. Due too a resent hospital visit I was kindly taken home and picked up by a member of the team too collect my completed car. I have used the previous workforce at Universal for many years and very pleased to see that the new halfords team are as proficient or better for my cars future needs. I wish them all well for the future , Thank you.
I took my car for MOT on 25/10 and unfortunately it failed for CO emissions. I was advised to options to get Cataclean and drive car on high revs. I tried this and came back on 26/10 - CO emission readings were checked by Simon and Richard, they were low than day before, so I was advised to do another 30min drive on high revs, I came back and result was the same. Then Richard & Simon tried various options as they believed car of this low mileage should not have CO emission issue, but result was not good. Then Richard tried some other options like tightening the spark plug screws, allowed natural air to pass through etc and guess what - CO emissions were reduced and MOT passed.
Call them to open account but i can't because i have only 1 unit...not recommend to anyone....🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Called in on spec for a full set of tyres on our Merc and cannot praise too highly the service we received from Alex and his team. We had used them last year so guess it was no surprise but their level of customer care was outstanding. Well done gents for not just meeting but hugely exceeding expectations and keep doing what you do!!! Thank you …. Colin & Jenny
Amazing customer service! Punctured my tyre at 8.30am. Drove in to Universal at 9.50am. By 10.30am tyre repaired! This is my go - to store for car repairs.
I had a very bad experience in there. They are racist. I’m a local resident using ther services last couple of years. I stopped now. I’m sorry but telling you truth.
Fantastic service, friendly and hospitable as always. Thank you so much.
been a waterloo customer for several years and always had great service, was there yesterday and i waited over an hour to be served because apparently theres a lack of staff, simon was very helpful but kept having to answer the phones something needs to be done or you will lose a lot of customers
Popped into into Chelmsford for a what I thought was a new tyre. Turned out only needed a puncture repair only 20 quid as well the staff where very helpful and honest can't recommend enough thank you
Absolute shambles (Universal- Thurrock) ... serviced car and ever since picking it up the service light kept coming on !!!! 4 times it went back.... eventually took it to fords who diagnosed solenoid sticking due to wrong grade oil used.... £450 bill - car serviced Jan 2021 Oil change and solenoid replacement needed Feb 2021 - referred to by manager ‘Rob’ as darling or babe ... not sure if he realises we are in the 21st century!! Basically answer provided was prove it’s not the right oil !!! So called the Motor Ombudsman’s and surprise surprise they have decided not to participate with the Motor Ombudsman so they are unable to pursue it for me .... that says it all really doesn’t it!! STAY CLEAR OF UNIVERSAL TYRES YOU HAVE NO WHERE TO GO IF THEY DAMAGE UR CAR OR PROVIDE A DISGUSTING SERVICE!! They obviously have no confidence in their own standard of work or customer service! Joe the previous Manager has left and it has massively gone down hill ... be very cautious about using any company that are not part of the Motor Ombudsman ..... they don’t join as they know they can’t be held accountable for their shoddy work! BEWARE PEOPLE !!!
Disappointed that Croydon Branch has now closed. Used them for tyres and wheel alignments for 10 plus years. Very good team at the branch.
Staines branch. Took my car in today for two new front tyres. Amazing customer service from gentleman on the front desk. He was friendly, helpful, engaging and the banter he had with one of his technicians doing the job was absolutely hilarious. What an absolute pleasure to do business with you. Will never go anywhere else but to you in the future. Thank you to your fabulous staff.
Micky came out to mend my mother's old Ford Tractor that needed two new inner tubes. He was efficient and quick and terribly kind, he even mended her wheelbarrow which had a puncture too - she was thrilled! I would highly recommend Paul and Micky from Universal Rettendon - an excellent, personal service.
Not just the usual garage or service .. These people really care about you .. I found their care and service was beyond usual.. have told a lot of people of their existence and of my recommendation ... well done to the team at STAINS TYRES
Absolutely great bloke came out to me at biffa tyre change quickest ive had definately recommend
Top service executed with care
Top service executed with care
Absolutely fabulous customer service. Extremely helpful staff and good value for money. Would highly recommend.
Universal Tyre & Autocentre is rated 4.88 based on 1,454 reviews