Universal Tyre & Autocentre Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Universal Tyre & Autocentre
Telephone, Live Chat

How would you rate Universal Tyre & Autocentre ?

"Joe and his team @ Thurrock have treated not only myself but my two children so well. Fantastic customer service, speedy and very well priced. Will be back and will be recommending them to all of my friends."
"The legend Reece had several opportunities to overcharge -where I'm certain another well known tyre place round the corner would have- but he was honest through and through. Great advice, really quick and very pleasant. This south Croydon branch will the only place that gets my business from now on!👍"
"Came with my Z4 a while ago, wonderful service, unbelievable friendly, professional and so polite! Many thanks to Reece, who did a truly superb job! He was super efficient, took the time to explain what was wrong. Only needed a repair. This has to be most honest garage in London! Such a great team!! Well done! I would highly recommend it!"
"Poor service to replace rear bike tyre 2 hours"
"Fast and helpful"
"South Croydon branch John was exceptionaly friendly and helpful"
"One of my staff was complimenting the service received at Universal and particularly Justin the manager. I had a puncture so popped in without appointment. He was so friendly, efficient and offered the best most cost effective solution to my needs. Real old school customer service that you rarely see at all these days. I will be recommending Universal to everyone now. Superb service despite being maxed out. Its no wonder they are popular."
"The Ipswich office was quick , efficient. Tyres were well priced. Nick and Julian were v friendly . And dog friendly ! Coffee in a bright seating area- perfect !"
"Dropped my car in this morning at 8:25am for an emergecny MOT! No appointment, but got a call at 10:27am saying it had passed and was ready to collect. Not only did they carry out the MOT super fast, but the chap on reception was extra friendly and funny, and made no fuss at all about me droping in without an appointment. These days customer service seems to have taken a back seat to low prices, but Universal Tyres in Ipswich does both so well! Which is why I will keep going back!! Thank you very much!"
"Very understanding and appreciative! Able to fix issues very quickly and at a reasonable price as well!"
"After suffering a kind of limp mode last Saturday I took my car to the Ipswich branch, where I have been regular customer for several years for tyres, MoT, servicing. I arrived before opening time but, even though not officially opened, Julian, the Manager, very quickly introduced himself and asked how he could help. I explained my situation and immediately he and his team began an investigation to establish the fault, which included connecting their diagnostic device to see what was what. I was happy to wait, since this was a Saturday morning, and I had to be in Dover the next day and London on Monday, so having a car was vital. After their checks, Julian reported that the 3rd cylinder injector was faulty, but that whilst he could fit a replacement he could not then re-code the car, as that would need to be done by a Mazda dealer. The nearby dealership did not have a servicing team in on weekends, and they suggested I make an appointment on Monday...! On hearing this, I started looking around for a hire car but, being the start of the busy holiday season, everyone I tried had no stock. Whereupon Julian rang a car hire friend of his in Colchester who confirmed that they had a car available. Julian then offered to drive me there (about 14 miles). Luckily, in the meantime, I'd found a car in Ipswich from the last car hire company to be tried. Again, he offered to drive me there but I declined, as it was very obvious to all customers there at the time, that he was very busy. Nevertheless, he offered to keep my car until I could get assistance from Mazda on the Monday upon my return from London. His kindness was all in the name of "customer service" and all I can say, other than thanking him wholeheartedly for his genuine customer service philosophy, is thank goodness for people like Julian in this world, as for sure, they make us feel like real people, rather than a cheque or a number. A man with first class values and principles. Much appreciated Julian, thank you."
"I took my car in for a service and mot, mileage 17454 on 18th July 2018, after checking with universal all works complete, they rang me back after a few minutes saying they had notice that there was a screw in my rear tyre and it needed replacing, I gave them the go ahead, and allowed a further 30mins for the to change the tyre on attending the Plaistow centre my car was ready but the MOT was not I had to return after an hour to collect it. Today July 21st my car warning light came on requesting that the oil needed to be changed, the mileage at this time was 17478, I checked the engine oil and it was found to be thick and very black unlike new oil that should be l light and viscus, I checked universal FAQ's for servicing and both major and interim services state "drain oil" what does this mean? is the dirty oil put back in the engine?!, As of Monday Next I will be contacting Universal for an explanation regarding the above"
"I have just had a tyre replaced at the PLAISTOW branch and found the whole experience quick, efficient and reassuring. I had arrived home from a holiday to find my car hit and the tyre punctured. The AA replaced with the spare. He called Chris at Universal who immediately ordered the tyre I requested in and arranged to fit the following day. The fitter was pleasant (which is always a bonus) and very helpful and efficient. I was back on the road in no time. Thank you to all who made my first visit to Universal Tyres such a good experience. Now I have found you I will definitely return."
"HI I HAVE JUST THE VALVES IN MY TYRE'S REPLACED ON MY CITROEN C6 AND JULIAN PLUS HIS ASSISTANT DID A WONDERFUL JOB I ALSO HAD WORK DONE ON MY SMART ROADSTER AND YET AGAIN TOP JOB THESE GUYS ARE JUST FANTASTIC AND MAKE ONE FEEL SO WELCOME I HAVE OWNED SOME 90 ODD CARS SO HAVE USED MANY GARAGES BUT IPSWICH IS THE BEST I WOULD POINT OUT THAT THIS HAS TAKEN ME NEARLY HALF AN HOUR AS I AINT ANY GOOD WITH A PC IAN PEARSON"
"Thanks to all the guys who at 5.15pm replaced the tyre I pot holed. Great service which came at the end of a long days work but nothing too much trouble. Your help and advice invaluable to me."
"Went to Universal Ipswich this morning after receiving a flat tyre at around 4am I was greeted by Nick who was a massive help especially seeing how little sleep I had gotten - all the team put my mind at ease and I couldn’t thank them enough. So much so I’ve left my usual garage and asked them to do my MOT!"
"Customer Service from Nick at Universal Ipswich was really excellent and above and beyond ! Very polite, very understanding... a great employee. Other companies could learn! Well done ....would highly recommend!!!!!"
"Repaired my daughters tyre at the end of June but she had a flat again Tuesday. I sent her down to Universal alone yesterday morning (she's 19) They fitted new tyre as expected and refunded the cost of the previous repair voluntarily. Have used them many times before and both my daughters have brought their cars here. They are trustworthy, look after young drivers and will always repair if at all possible. I would not go anywhere else."
"Fantastic quick nothing was to much trouble brilliant service thanks"
"WOW!!! SERVICE WITH SMILE. No matter what others say "NO" for the tyre problem, go to Universal @ Croydon branch , they will be happy and able to fix it . All staffs are happy and serve you with smile ....."
Universal Tyre & Autocentre is rated 4.92 based on 1,170 reviews