UK Flooring Direct Reviews

14% of reviewers recommend UK Flooring Direct
09AM
9AM

About UK Flooring Direct: UK Flooring Direct is one of the UK’s leading online flooring retailers offers amazing Sales & Volume Discounts - Save Up to 70% on RRP - Free Samples - Laminate £5.57m2 - Engineered £13.75m2 - Solid Wood £22.01.m2 - Vinyl £6.72m2 - Carpet £6.40m2 - UK Leading online supplier. UK Flooring Direct promises never to be beaten on price across their incredible range of beautiful, high-quality flooring.

sales@ukflooringdirect.co.uk

Home & Garden
Home & Garden

Tell us how UK Flooring Direct made you happy

Over a week
"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. The worst customer service I have ever encountered. It has taken nearly 2 months to complete my flooring and I am out of pocket. Numerous deliveries sent with the incorrect flooring, many damaged, rude delivery drivers, wasted time off work, cancelled carpenters, multiple phone calls and emails. Badly trained customer service staff who do not know how to deal with problems, no quality assurance, poor warehouse management, no reply to formal complaint, and expect me to send damaged items back and pay for a courier myself, do not risk buying from them, if you receive incorrect items / damaged goods you will be on the road to hell. Trading Standards are being informed."
Are you UK Flooring Direct? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Do not purchase from this company. Spent more than 2000 pounds and have items missing in deliveries. Customer service attitude were bad, do not take ownership and just said all the items are checked and delivered. Average quality and average value for money. Could be competitive if provides good customer service but apparently not. I suggest going to alternative site as you risk being scammed buying here due to poor quality control in warehouse packing and customer service."
"The luxury vinyl flooring I purchased from UK flooring direct did not fit flush together on the narrow ends and so was completely unusable. Customer service when trying to return this for a refund have been really appalling- the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any company. I am now having to seek legal advice to try and avoid wasting the £500 I have spent. Please don't use this disreputable company."
"The most shocking service I have had the misfortune of being a part of. I bought from you twice before with no issues. My third attempt has been fraught with difficulties from day one! The first delivery which I paid extra for as a next day delivery was a no show. A second was rearranged and again was a no show!! On the third attempt, the delivery guy would not come down from his lorry to deliver. He tried to do claim kerbside delivery and turned his vehicle around. Now I am trying to organise a fourth delivery only to be told that due to personnel issues the courier company has they may not deliver to my door. Who runs this company??? What kind of a sham is this???"
"Customer service none had to keep phoning all day to find out courier didn't even have flooring to deliver Cancelled order"
"The flooring was useless - very very poor quality. It was Kronotec - best thing about the job was tearing it up !!!"
"Floor quality is shocking! It’s been down 5 days and it’s marked straight away, infact you can not avoid scratching it. I paid £2000 in total with fitting and i want to rip it up all ready!"
"The products are good but the customer service is appalling. We ordered over £1k of flooring from them, every time I'd agreed delivery instructions, I was assured they were correct and then delivered wrong. I ordered two room dividers in a different order from the main flooring. The delivery cost more than the item on standard delivery, but we needed next day. Paid a ridiculous amount to ensure it arrived on time for our fitters to fit them, there was someone in all day and it didn't arrive. It then took 3 weeks to sort out arrival. I wasn't refunded for this, even after flagging it to UK flooring and being promised a refund. We didn't actually open the package until the fitters came back a month later and realised there was only 1 item, but we'd paid for 2. After calling UK flooring, the supervisor (otherwise known as "Fulfillment Expert " in his job title), refused sending us another item out even though it was their mistake. I looked online to reorder and realised the cost of delivery was approx £15, the item was only £12. I called to discuss the issue further and was told they weren't budging on their standing point. I asked if they would at least pay for the delivery as I'd had such a poor service for next day delivery last time that wasn't refunded. Again I was told they wouldn't despite spending a fortune with them and it being down to their incompetence. They clearly don't value their customers, understand good customer service or care about the poor reviews their lack of service will give them. AVOID! I'm sure you can get the same flooring from another company with better service!"
"The measure of a company, isn't how they deal with customers when everything is fine, but how they deal with customers when there is a problem. This company basically wash their hands of it, and the excuses change depending on who you talk to. No refunds, no working together to resolve the problem. Just out right not our problem its yours. Not only that but then when you try to follow the route that Citizens Advice recommends, and UKFloorings own T&CS and speak to the resolution company (ADR). The resolution company I found under UKfloorings T&CS said to me, we no longer deal with this company and haven't since December 2017, as we sent emails and letters regarding disputes, and UKflooring didn't respond. Now UK Flooring must have been aware of this as they updated their T&Cs in February 2019..... Its clearly all just lip service to the Consumer Act 2015. This has left me as a customer who had checked the suitability of the product on their website, and laid the flooring as per the instructions on their packaging. Left with a product we cannot use. Right at the very end of an 18 month build, and no money ourselves to replace the product, we should be enjoying all our hardwork but instead are trying to deal with a problem. I am so disappointed with the product, with the service and everything about UK Flooring direct. This leads me no choice but to say to any potential customers. Do not buy any products from this company. As the customer journey after the initial purchase is quite simply appalling and its not worth your time, effort or money to try and resolve, Go and find a company that deals well with customers after the product has been purchased. And will resolve issues. Especially when the customer is being extremely reasonable. The shame of it is. I am usually very careful about which companies I purchase from hence never had to write a bad review before. I always check social media and reviews. But we were working to a tight budget and their January sale was about to finish, The reviews on their own website looked good. So I went with it. Guess what 4 months on the product has remained at exactly the same price. The sale has changed name or always been extended but the product price has never changed. So their sale is a bit of a con. Please research this company and don’t feel under pressure like we did, as more than likely their fictitious sale will continue."
"Absolutely shocking service, no notification of delivery, even though I emailed to enquire. Rang me to say they were outside my house trying to deliver. All emails I sent got one word reply’s. Wasn’t helpful at all... totally shocking after sales"
"Terrible service. First they give 6 hour delivery slots during the week which is not helpful for those of us who work outside the house. Told them I would not be home the day they tried to deliver and they still tried to deliver anyways. Now they have promised me a refund but it’s been 3 weeks and no funds have hit my account. Extremely disappointed."
"great product and great service,thank you"
"One of the worst companies I’ve ever dealt with. Don’t use them."
"I bought the Galleria Professional European Rustic Oak Flooring and I would NOT recommend this for a kitchen or dining room, despite the website saying it will work in those rooms. Any food or water must be wiped up immediately or it stains the floor. We have had ours laid for 3 months, we have been very careful and already we need to take up the kitchen area, re-lay with new and re-oil the entire floor to protect it. This flooring looks great but it is a nightmare to keep that way. Think very carefully before buying this product!!"
"The biggest mistake i made ever is to order the laminate flooring from this company. It's almost one year just one month to go but the pungent smell still in my living room like poisonous room which i can't stay over one hour. I am considering to get some body to investigate the issue or planning to replace it. so never never touch it. I put the review here today just want people no longer get poisoned by this very bad products!!!"
"My advise would be, please do not use this company to buy anything from them. Recently I ordered some laminate flooring, no message or calls from the delivery guys and missed the delivery and they charged me again. The delivery window is 8AM- 6PM. I went to pick up my kids and these guys without calling or texting or any pre notification they came and left within minutes. Bit rude guys as well. Secondly the customer service person was so adamant. They delivered me of 2 different shades of laminate flooring. When I told them and send them pictures, this person was not in a position to listen and keep saying that the packaging was correct. I have to ordered another set of flooring due to this which costed me around £500 just to get my right shade of flooring. Honestly, if you'd like a peace of mind, don't go with this company. I have had a really bad experience, I will not recommend this company."
"Terrible company. No notifications for delivery. Missed delivery and the driver was still local and would not return. Still awaiting a refund. I have been told it's still processing. So it takes a couple of weeks. On top of that, I paid extra for delivery into property which I will not get back at all. DO USE THIS COMPANY! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!"
"Rubbish company. After sale service is poor. I bought LVT from them and it's such a weak surface that even with the movement of chairs on it, it gets scratched. Buy from B&Q instead, same price."
"Waste of time. Go with established comapanies. No text warning for delivery in 8am-6pm delivery. Missed delivery. They wouldn't let the driver return. They wanted over £100 in redelivery charges. I cancelled the order. They have lost hundreds. They really didn't give a sh*t."
"They dont deserve 1 star. I literally hate this company after what it has put me through. So I ordered nearly a thousand £ worth of flooring from these guys. They promised they would deliver on the 22/11 so instructed builder to be present to take delivery and begin installation. Delivery didn't come. The reason was broken down vehicle which was fair enough and the lady at customer services apologised and promised to put on am courier so I was satisfied with that however builder wasn't and said he would let me off for the one day but not again. So the morning of the 23/11 came and went and nothing arrived this day either. This time the builder charged me for lost time at £200 for half a day for him and his mate. Now I was fuming. So rang up Floors direct on the Sat morning. Was met with a snotty young man who after I demanded an explanation from him informed me it was because the courier company decided that my road was restricted access so required a van, which he expected me to pay £150 extra for the privilege. By this time I'm literally ready to blow my top. The reason I need the flooring is because I'm having a big extension built on my property. To build it we have had HGV's with concrete, trusses, flat bed scaffold lorries along with countless other HGV for drainage and diggers, portable toilets etc etc. We also have the bin men up our road every week. And these guys couldn't get a truck with a few lengths of wood down the same road? What really annoyed me is the fact they had my post code from the beginning, they then turned round to me and said you should have told us you live on a restricted access road. I DONT! THATS THE REASON I DIDNT INFORM YOU! If I really lived on a restricted access road, do they really think that I would be asking for lorries to come down my street if I knew deep down they wouldnt fit? Its just illogical. He informed me his manager was not there to talk to so he said someone would call me Monday morning. 26/11 morning and no call so once again, for the 3rd time it was down to ME to call them to find out what was going on. Manager told me nothing they could do. No apology, only after I asked for one which doesn't count in my mind. Now I have to wait 5 whole business days for my money to go back to my account. Now my build is over week behind because of their incompetence and inaction. This company is quite easily THE WORST I have ever dealt with, and that is saying something after some of the clowns I have dealt with in my profession. They claim to be the cheapest but they are also the nastiest. Spend your money elsewhere, because unless your a sadomasochist and want to go through a torturous process with them, steer clear and after reading some of the 1 star reviews on here, seems Im not the only one! UPDATE - They have then had the cheek to refund me (1 month later) but then take off the delivery fee!! Thats the reason I wanted the refund because It didnt get delivered. They told me delivery was attempted and they wouldnt refund. After threatnening them with court and asking what reg the lorry was they all of a sudden had a change of heart and said they would refund. Will update if they dont!! This company is horrible to deal with, they are liars and they eat up so much of your time and really wind you up"
UK Flooring Direct is rated 1.61 based on 74 reviews