UK Flooring Direct Reviews

refunds process
Difficult
Read UK Flooring Direct Reviews

About UK Flooring Direct:

UK Flooring Direct is one of the UK’s leading online flooring retailers offers amazing Sales & Volume Discounts - Save Up to 70% on RRP - Free Samples - Laminate £5.57m2 - Engineered £13.75m2 - Solid Wood £22.01.m2 - Vinyl £6.72m2 - Carpet £6.40m2 - UK Leading online supplier. UK Flooring Direct promises never to be beaten on price across their incredible range of beautiful, high-quality flooring.

sales@ukflooringdirect.co.uk

UK Flooring Direct Ltd
Zone 1a Bayton Road Ind Est
Exhall

Tell us how UK Flooring Direct made you happy
Do not buy online from this company. First the delivery driver rang to say 'I can't do it'. I had a builder waiting for him and he hadn't even gone to knock on the door. 'My lorry's too big.' was his problem. Bearing in mind we have had a number of deliveries and recycling/bin lorries drive down my road regularly this didn't ring true. After wasting half a day on the phone trying to sort something with them my builder took control and hand-held the driver and it was eventually delivered. Half a day's work gone. When it arrived it turns out the expensive underlay I ordered was not what was required and that there would be an additional cost to glue and plywood the floor. I had bought the underlay recommended on the website - there was no mention of glue! Overall, really poor customer service. Seem to be more interested in protecting themselves against complaints than providing decent customer service. Can't see them staying in business. I rang to see if I could get a refund, and was told I'd have to pay for the product to be returned. If I wanted to complain there's a process, i.e. take photos etc... this would lead to more delay and hassle. No suggestion for an alternative product which I would have considered.
I made the mistake of not reading the reviews before ordering the flooring!!! The samples were sent out really quickly and looked great. We ordered the floor and my partner had the day off to wait for the delivery. We had a phone call the day before to say part of the order wasn’t in stock so we made it for another day. I waited in all day for the delivery time slot given 8am-6pm and even called midday to check it was coming and was assured that it was still out for delivery. At 6pm it still didn’t arrived so called and they couldn’t help me as the depot had closed. I called the next morning to be told that it hadn’t even been dispatched and they didn’t know why. Whilst on hold to the company I googled reviews and realised this is a common issue. I saw a lot of reviews about the quality of the floor and the difficulty people have had trying to return it for a refund so I decided to cancel my order. The staff are obviously used to people cancelling orders as they weren’t concerned that a large order had been cancelled so they must be used to dealing with unhappy customers on a daily basis. I am now waiting for a refund so that I can look elsewhere. I don’t usually bother writing reviews but this company needs to be avoided!
Shocking flooring and shocking company....... after you pay them you have no chance.they are not interested if there is a problem.......the flooring is cheap rubbish chips and scratches.i sent them photos but they still said I had damaged it. This is not a family home ,plus no pets I have lived with the flooring for 3months now ,if l drop even a teaspoon it chips.my old flooring was 6years old and had no chips . It only got 1star because they delivered it! There is someone making money at customers expense .dont use this company...........
Delivery scams, harassment and asking a pregnant woman to do heave lifting … where do I start? I ordered my laminate and paid £30 delivery for kerbside delivery. 7 months pregnant at the time and living alone with a toddler, I booked a specific date for delivery when somebody would be here all day to take the delivery for me. They were working continuously in the garden from the start of the delivery timeframe and by lunch I got a call saying no one was home and they had left a card. They had not even attempted delivery. I was told that I would have to pay a further £30 if I wanted them to attempt delivery again. I was absolutely fuming and the customer service was appalling. Luckily I had paid through PayPal so when the company stopped responding to my email requests and phone calls for a refund, I started a claim. UKFlooringdirect never even bothered responding to my claim, I was fully ignored, and finally PayPal automatically ruled in my favour for this reason. I reordered my flooring through another company and one day received a phone call saying my flooring was being delivered and they were 30 minutes away. I told the driver I was surprise as it arrived so early and raced home to sign for it. I later realised it was not my flooring, but the flooring I for UKFlooringdirect that I had now been refunded for. I emailed UKFlooringdirect to let them know. The next day I heard a voicemail on my phone threatening legal action against me. They jumped straight to these threats and when I emailed again (tried 6 different email addresses) I never had a response. When I called I held for 15 minutes with no answer and never had the time. One day I got through and discussed when they could collect. I explained that I work and Saturday mornings would be best. No one called me back and when I contacted them through chat on Saturday, someone finally called me. At this time the weather was bad and the rain was causing some flooding. I explained that the flooring would need to be collected quickly in case the water rose anymore. The man on the phone told me that I should move the floor to keep it safe. I explained I was 8 months pregnant and he didn’t care. He said if I didn’t look after the flooring and keep it safe they would take action and make me pay. I know they had no right to my money or to charge me, but I felt threatened and I didn’t want these feelings of anxiety and stress during my pregnancy. I was in tears as I couldn’t move the flooring myself and didn’t want to feel this way. I emailed in and made a complaint saying I would only speak to a manager. A manager has been dealing with the case since and to be honest she has been awful too. Not once has anyone apologised to me. We arranged a time for collection – I stayed home on my day off to help them retrieve their product. No one thanked me. The courier could not collect because of the rain and he also damaged the archway of trees branches in to my property. He apologised, but UKFlooringdirect did not. I have since spent my time trying to reorganise my schedule to help them collect the flooring. No one has thanked me. Today the courier came at the wrong time – I cancelled an appointment to get home to help them. I just wanted to get rid of them and not have to deal with this anymore. But still no one has apologised and no one has thanked me. UKflooringdirect, please don’t bother now. It is far too late for any of that. I am disappointed, frustrated and stressed, but thankful it is all over now and I can go back to my life. For the future, try apologising and being nice. Why go in with threats and harassment? People will want to help you if you are decent, human and trustworthy. Good customer service goes a long way.
Appalling. Avoid at all cost. Placed an order for approx £1000 of flooring - two colours. Was delivered Friday but they had sent half the order completely wrong - not even remotely similar in name, colour or item code. Rang Saturday and was assured correct colour would be delivered Tuesday and wrong floor collected. I rang again on Tuesday to double check delivery had been scheduled. I was assured for a second time that the delivery was due and indeed out for delivery. Nothing has arrived it is 21:30 Tuesday. No message text or email. I have now lost two days of my builders work. I was hoping for the work to be completed in time for my daughter’s 18th birthday this week - my builders who I have used many times before had assured me that it was easily possible. Highly unlikely now due to this company’s incompetence and downright lies. So I will now ring them at 8:30 in the morning to see what pathetic excuses they will offer and try to find out where my delivery is. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR buy from somewhere else.
If i could give no starts, this is what my rating would be. I ordered over £1000 worth of floor and items from this comapny over the telephone. At no point did the person from the company tell me that they only deliver to the "kerb". I only found this out when they made the delivery which was late. I was then told that if i don't accept the delivery, i would be charged over £100 for them to take the items back. So i had no choice but to now look and pay for other people to carry all this floor into my house.  The delivery man had gone and ince we had carried the items, i realised that i was missing alot of items. I contacted Floors Direct Ltd to querry this and i was told to hang tight because a separate delivery was on its way with the missing items. This delivery never arrived. I was aksrd by Floors Direct to wait for the delivery the following day and this was never delivered the following day either. I asked to get a refund and i was told, they would do this in Monday as the owners dont work Fridays or weekends.  Monday morning, i did not hear from them when i called them and i was told, they arr not doing a refund until they find out what happened to the courier service they used. I tried to explain that surely if they have used a doggy courier service this is not yhe customer's fault and i should gwt my money back. The man just kept shouting at me saying how he helped me to get the other items and he will not refund my money until they have figured out why their incompetent delivery/courier service dis not deliver for over 2 days.  To date, i have not received my refund.  This is the kind oc company Floors Direct Ltd is.
Do dont use this company. If i could give 0 i would ordered flooring and when it arrvied it was nothing like a wood effect i ordered. It came and had hint of greys. When phoning to ask for the product i ordered i was told it was the flooring i ordered and i needed to be aware that when flooring is photographed it can look different. When questioning this is was false advertising i was told i should have ordered a sample. AVOID this company as you dont get what you think you have ordered. I dont see how grey flooring is the same as dark wood flooring .I now have to pay for full flooring to be sent back to them myself. Will never use this company again.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I have never dealt with a company so unprofessional . I paid for a Saturday delivery and it never arrived, I was promised they would deliver again the following Saturday, once again it never arrived! I had to take time off work, and when it arrived it was damaged. I phoned the company to try and resolve this issue and arrange for additional laminate to finish the job. I was promised phone calls back, I was promised emails, I was promised a discount and received NONE OF THESE. They are very 'cheery and helpful' when you phone but this is just an act. I have given up and now trying to patch up my flooring for another company. I would recommend if you are looking for flooring to avoid this company at all costs. I am now reporting them to Consumers Services. Totally disgusted with this company. I wish I had checked the reviews before buying they clearly speak for themselves!!!
Ordered my flooring from this company and although they put my delivery date back by one week originally the flooring arrived on the new date given, 2 packs were damaged so I called to order more and two packs were promptly delivered to me the next day free of charge along with a new length of profile which was also damaged. My floor layer completed today and told me the flooring was good quality and easy to lay, I can honestly say after reading all the negative reviews I was quite worried about this company, but have had no problems at all and would definitely recommend them.
Ordered flooring a few weeks in advance to arrive on a specific day. Waited in all day and the flooring never arrived, told it would be out tomorrow. Waited in all of the next day and it never arrived. Had to cancel the order as i couldn't waste anymore time off work. Took a further 9 phone calls and 5 weeks to get a refund for goods i never received. Every-time I phoned i was told someone would phone me back, they never did. No supervisor or managers about from 8am to 6pm to help, and they never phoned back either. Online form to customer services and emails hadn't been answered within 2 weeks (still not answered as of now). Truly awful customer service. Took 3.5 weeks to find out they never even had the goods back. Then kept getting told i cant get my money back because they didn't receive the item back; i never received it either, it is not my fault they didn't have it. Received the refund today, a full 5 weeks since i had to cancel the order.
Stay away from this company! The products they offer are of really BAD quality. I have multiple spots on the floors and they have used a cheap excuse and try to imply that I put something wet on the floor (which I have not!). The worst customer service as well!!! They have not even tried to resolve this issue or look further into the issue. STAY AWAY AND DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR PRODUCTS OR YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!
Very poor products Never thought this is a very poor product. So smelly. Pungent smell lasted long time seems like never disappear.So so disgusting. Can't bear it anymore. Just wondering if the bad smell could cause the health problem or cancer? What can i do? There is no way to get refund.
My partner and I spent well in the 1000s on a new floor for our first time flat. It was a full renovation. The engineered wood floor (which all in all with labour cost 5,000) developed a fault within two months of being put down. Reached out to the retailer and they told me it’s normal...? The resin is falling off and ruining the look If the floor where it comes off. It’s clearly faulty. I am not sure why this is not covered under a guarantee. No repair was offered, no solution was offered I had just been told it’s normal and can happen because of temp and humid change. Do not have any such problems in my new flat. I also found it very interesting they have come to this conclusion without visiting. In any case- It’s not normal for a product to fall apart within months of purchase. No where does it actually state on the website that the resin will start falling off within weeks of installation. The black resin is a design feature of the floor and by falling off ruins the look of it. It will not look as advertised. It started in a few areas and now I see new chunks gone everyday. I now have no choice but to try and claim the money back off them. Feel completely robbed and stupid to have trusted them. This company is a disgrace and I am appalled at the level of care I have received. I fully regret having bought from them and trusting their website. As mentioned this is our first time property, project and home. If this is happening after 2 months how will it look in 5 years...If the problem gets worse we potentially face ripping out the entire floor, new skirting architraves and starting again. I am now also seeing pages and pages of dissatisfied customers which is extremely concerning.
Very poor company to deal with. I returned my flooring as it wasn’t happy with it. I still to this date not had my refund as it states on there returns with in two weeks. It’s now been over 5 weeks. I get no reply from my emails and I’ve yet to have someone answer the phone to me after hours on hold and a number of phone calls. Now having to go to my bank to get my refund. Worst company I’ve ever dealt with!!! Stay well clear and of uk flooring direct..!!!!
Do not deal with this company. I ordered flooring from them, and wanted to return the excess amount, and they could not have been less helpful. Never return calls, and very poor service. Products were average at best too. Avoid at all cost. Money better spent elsewhere
Following on from my previous review are replacement boxe arrived after 18 day's from first order and yet again both boxes are damage 2 boards 8n each pack are no good
My order arrived with two badly damaged boxes, I phoned up same day got told to send picture which I did then 7 days later still herd nothing had no replacement, I had sent 2 follow up emails 3 phones which I was on hold 20 minutes and 25 minutes so gave up, phoned up again today 15 days after my oragnial order and nothing had been done so now its been orded again and should be here Friday fingers crossed , its cost alot in phones calls and alot of chasing up am not sure I would buy from them again to he honest
UK Flooring Direct is rated 1.42 based on 119 reviews