UCR Consultants Ltd Reviews

Business & Office

Tell us how UCR Consultants Ltd made you happy

Telephone
"So many spam calls."
Are you UCR Consultants Ltd? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback UCR Consultants Ltd receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Having bought electricity from them successfully for about four years, I was lulled into a false sense of security, believed they were offering a good deal and agreed there and then. Feeling uneasy I cross checked the price, wow, way too expensive. They only quoted the Direct Debit discounted price, when the written confirmation arrived I was not happy. Thank the lord they are incompetent and had changed the agreed 24 month contract to 39 months. After extended waiting and many phone calls they finally agreed to cancel the contract. STEER WELL CLEAR OF THIS DODGY BUNCH."
"Well I've worked for several brokers and it is a Cutthroat business let me tell you cos it's shocking really. Let me out you in the picture. Let's start with your supplier as this is where the whole game starts .. Your supplier buys gas and elec from the energy market at a spot price based on how much energy (EAC or AQ) you use previous year. They then sell it to you at a price which includes all transportation costs, cost to serve etc. They then work out a baseline price which guarantees them Profit X. However when you call them for agree a new contract you offer you a price above the baseline which they call an Uplift so they make a higher profit Y than baseline profit X. Please note residential customers cannot negotiate a price so don't have uplifts as far as I know. Ok so your supplier sales guy is on commission plus has to hit sales targets and thus will start at highest uplift when giving you a price thereby maximizing his commission and his managers commission plus the supplier makes more profit than baseline profit X. Now imagine if there were no brokers and you could only go to suppliers for a contract and agree prices they would lost like up the baseline and each year raise prices and max there profit. Thank god for regulation hey hence we see prices always going up in residential customers they choose prices and you can negotiate. Ok now this is wher le brokers come o and guess what there's loads of them. There are premier brokers who are given price books each month etc as market price of energy changes,these premier are checked for credibility and trust by suppliers before allowing them to be a broker who can agree contracts with suppliers but NOT ON THEIR BEHALF!! The reason suppliers need brokers is that 80% of business customers now use brokers to check market apparently and find you cheapest price then contact your supplier via your signed LOA and your contract is processed by supplier with prices agreed by your broker verbally with you. There are also sub brokers who with for premier brokers who get a slice of commission from your contract but they cannot speak to suppliers as they are not vetted and checked. Sub brokers are checked by premier brokers and aren't always reliable. Ok so once you agree a contract with your supplier via a broker he submits it to your supplier within your renewal window and once approved then your broker is paid his commission within a few weeks by the supplier. The commission here is again based on an uplift which guarantees the broker a profit and also the supplier . Now considering 80% of business use brokers , brokers have influence over the business customer who is hoodwinked into thinking they have his best interests at heart but reality is they only see the commission.Most brokers haven't ever seen a bill or know much about energy and are unable to deal with your billing or account issue with your supplier and don't actually look for cheapest supplier , they out for a quick easy sale where they try to keep you with your supplier as who wants to switch suppliers and risk losing the customer to another broker if it goes wrong. Contracts are usually 1, 2,3 or 4 years so think about which contract length he will try to tie you into .Yes the 4 years cid he gets 4 years commission in one go. I have seen commissions averaging £1000 fir 4 year and agent will make £200 and broker owner will male £800 for this . So here's reason why there's loads of brokers all they need to do is cold call and use language to make you think they are the supplier without saying they are then give you cheaper prices and they you agree a contract and they get commsion within a few weeks it's easy money and then keep you on file for 4 yrs and ring you back with new prices how easy is that . But don't forget all these brokers have a cold call list ready to call you within your renewal window to get you to agree a contract via them hence your flooded with calls ITS ALL ABOUT THE COMMISION. So supplier makes profit X of you go with them Loki and uplift , if via a broker he gets a commision giving supplier still profit X plus uplift and supplier can't lose only if you switch supplier .. And that is the game folks ... watch your throats"
"Called my company and stated they would send an email regarding them working with us over the years, even by as much as stating some of our details. Unfortunately our current suppliers (brokers) for whom had truly been working with us for several years and looking after our account sent an email (unfortunate coincidence?). I suppose this is due to the account nearing its contract end date. So, we ended up cancelling with our current suppliers and almost (and under false pretensions) signed with UCL - but did not. We had 2 separate phone calls from them (both recorded) for which we more than simply mislead. Our current suppliers have now issued us with our own dedicated account manager to ensure this does not happen in the future. If it had, they would of lost my business, I would have switched suppliers unwittingly and UCL would have gain a lot of money by deception. This is by law titled as fraud and is currently being investigated by my business."
"An agent called me and without my permission transferred my electricity to EDF account number 671 104 967 650. I do not know why I did not hang-up the telephone when the person rang me up in August and I certainly did not agree to transfer any supplies. She conned me into switching to British Gas a year or two ago by dubious means. She told me I was under contract till early 2019 but that I should make arrangements now. I said I would make a decision later in the year. How she got my bank details I do not know. I wonder whether she should be in proson."
"I received a cold call from these people today on my mobile. How did they even get my number, I have never worked with them? I object to receiving marketing calls it's an intrusion just don't do it."
"I dont agree at all with the other reviews. this is the second time i have used this company to change electricity supplier. i have found them efficient and courteous and very professional. I would recommend them."
"If I could give a 0 I would, this is a company who makes changing electricity suppliers more stressful. 4 months later and I am still having arguments about the contract. They rely on phone messages that disparage them to create a case they have dealt with an issue. Rude, inefficient and poor customer services. Do not touch with a barge pole."
"Unsolicited rude and aggressive hard telesales. Avoid them and use a price comparison website for the best energy deal."
"This company cold called. Said they worked directly for NPower, Unprofessional. Feels like a scam. Charged £300. Do not deal with this company. Avoid like the plague."
"They constantly called for over 2 weeks- stating they were ringing on behalf of British Gas...had very little information though so I had my doubts. Eventually turns out the contract they referred to wasn't with BG but wed moved to NPower 2 years ago...when I told them this they said "oh we work with lots of energy companies"....! Only then did they tell me they were a consultants.....!!! Then tried to sell me an NPower contract!! Definitely wouldn't use their services after that."
"UCR made me aware my existing supplier had been overcharging me for months, with very little trouble they sorted me out with a new contract, giving me options to choose from, and with a promise they will now manage my electricity and gas accounts to ensure this never happens again. Having read some negative reviews, my experience has been all good, and I will be happy to recommend them"
"When they phoned the chap speaking to me did not say he was calling from UCR. In fact, without actually saying so, he gave every impression of calling from my existing supplier and was simply calling to discuss the renewal of my existing contract. Very shifty and obviously not to be trusted if they won't state clearly which company they are calling on behalf of."
"Renewed 3 separate gas and electric contracts with UCR after being hounded. They only eventually put one through and I was put onto Business variable rate on the others. I had to try and sort them out with the utility companies after I found out that UCR had done nothing with the renewals and not even contacted me. UCR blamed staff that had 'left' and another that would be 'reported' to their team leader. No help for me though and they told me they did not pay compensation. Who was left to pay out the difference? Me of course!! Why would they worry - it didn't cost them a fortune. Don't bother with this company and save yourself some money."
"UCR FAILED TO ARRANGE THE TRANSFER OF MY GAS CONTRACT AS AGREED. DESPITE PROMISING TO REIMBURSE ME FOR MY SUBSEQUENT LOSS THEY HAVE FAILED TO DO THIS DESPITE CHASING."
"There is no charge The charge is if you agree another contract after agreeing contracts with UCR consultants. In fact it is a great experience working with them"
"Not free They charge £250"
UCR Consultants Ltd is rated 1.71 based on 17 reviews