Trivago Reviews

65% of reviewers recommend Trivago
00AM
12AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Trivago?

Tell us how Trivago made you happy

Telephone
"By using Trivago I saved £20.00 on a hotel booking."
Are you Trivago? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Avoid Trivago. They allow scam operators on their website and provide no assistance."
"Awful experience, wrong locations on half the hotels and absolutely no customer support. Known for random cancellations. Cost me and my girlfriend £100 this summer"
"I booked a hotel through Trivago two months in advance. When I arrived at the hotel, the site that Trivago sent me to was fraudulent. They had taken my money but there was no hotel. My 70 year old mother and I had to sleep in the car as there were no rooms in the hotel and no other hotels in the vicinity. I have emailed Trivago who have passed the buck and I am still £93.00 out of pocket. They have not been helpful at all, you can't speak to anyone direct and the contact is sporadic through email to say the least. I know that Trivago is a comparison site but they have a duty of care to customers that use it and I find their customer service a disgrace. If I bought a top from Debenhams by a designer and that top was faulty. I would not go to the designer, I would go back to Debenhams. Trivago have a duty of care and they have not given that to us. PLEASE do not use them."
"Booked and paid for a hotel in Liverpool only to be told the room was not available 24 hours later. Spoke to Trivago and was advised to book again with Trivago ... guess what! Booked and canceled again so now I had 2 sets of payments with Trivago. Trivago advised me to book again, i did not dare give them even more money. One of the worst experiences with a company."
"I tried to book a room, online, for a treat for my partner who is attending a concert. The online system failed to complete properly, so I had to telephone the company. They clearly had all my data and details of the booking I had attempted to make, yet insisted on spending 10 minutes asking stupid questions, including who & why I was trying to book a room for - not that it's any of their business. Having given them all the answers they required, I was informed the booking was not confirmed until the 'supplier' (hotel) confirmed it to me. What's the point of using trivago if you have to wait for the hotel? A short time later I received an email indicating I had to telephone again to answer more questions. I'd already been on the system & the phone for half an hour over a £120 booking, so I wasn't impressed. It took 3 calls before I got through & had to wait for some jerk in 'security', who proceeded to give me a load more bull. I'm afraid I can't be bothered with these jumped-up idiots, I had given them every detail I could or would & the operative was being all high & mighty so I told him to cancel the whole thing. I wouldn't recommend using these jokers unless you have half a day to waste trying to spend £120."
"they stole my bags"
"The advertise exactly what they say, a site that provides you access to Hotels at competitive prices with other like companies. Due to travel to USA and I was able to book seven different Hotels, which have the facilities we require and at prices we can afford."
"As an accommodation provider, I signed up for a year to try Trivago. They did not explain anything about automatic subscription renewal. When I got an email saying my subscription was renewed there was already an invoice sent. I replied within five minutes saying I didn't want to renew, but they just say it's too late. I'm faced with a £500 bill - I'm currently seeking legal advice. I've since been online and cancelled. This company is a SCAM. It's appalling. It treats its clients appallingly. I hope they get what's coming to them. They shouldn't be allowed to operate and I hope they get fined for what they are doing. There is no grace at all."
"I booked a hotel in London through this website and I'm happy I did it. I paid a good price and had a great stay. I would use it for my future trips."
"they never show up real prices and refer you to unknown sites. never book again with them!"
"Visited Nantwich today and ate lunch at ginger and pickles cafe, top notch, wonderful food and service 5star. Well done ladies."
"Excellent customer service in rectifying a genuine error."
"I had booked myself and my 16 year old daughter into a hotel in Paris the weekend after the terrorist attacks, i was not prepared to take my daughter there and risk her life but unfortunately the hotel wernt prepared to offer me any sort of refund or good will gesture. Nor Were the booking company, Which insedently I had no idea I had booked through until the booking confirmation came through. Once I informed trivago of this situation they raised a complaint and did not let it drop until a satisfactory conclusion had been met. I would not have received any form of compensation by persuing this as 'just a customer' so I would like to thank you very much."
"Just gotta thank you guys somehow - hope this goes some way... feel like i struck gold when i learned about trivago. im never paying the first price for a hotel again - i wanna spread the word! Good job Rick"
"I'm a hotel owner and I use trivago to help market my hotels to a wider audience. trivago allows me to update information and add photos of my 4 hotels in Derbyshire (number 5 coming soon!) Since I started actively updating my profiles I've seen a definite increase in visitors, must be related. I want to manage my own reputation online and not rely on all the reservation sites I'm listed on. trivago gives me the chance to do that and it's great."
"Good site, haven't found a better one for comparing hotel prices. Doesn't have the best info on reviews and that kind of thing but I always double check it before booking anything."
"Really liking tri-va-go for getting good deals on hotel. you can put filters on to get a list of all the ones which match then click the little heart on your favourites and then on the right you can do "compare" and you see them all next to each other. really good. not seen this on any other hotel sites. Cheers."
"I recently booked a week's holiday in Turkey for myself and my father, who is not long retired. After seeing their frequent TV advertising, I decided to check out trivago. I was really impressed with the website and found us a lovely beach hotel. What impressed me most was the range of different prices being offered for the same room. The difference between the cheapest and most expensive rate for our room was 25 euro per night. After booking two rooms for five nights that's 250 quid saved. Will definitely use again!"
"I travel a lot for work and this is my go-to site for booking my hotel. Sometimes the differences in price are staggering so it's great to see how much money you have saved. There is also a lot of information on each hotel although occasionally some don't have enough pictures."
Trivago is rated 3.57 based on 23 reviews