Triodos Bank UK Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend Triodos Bank UK

About Triodos Bank UK: Banking for people and the planet. Triodos is the world’s leading sustainable bank, making money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change.

contact@triodos.co.uk

Triodos Bank
Deanery Road

Tell us how Triodos Bank UK made you happy

"One major problem encountered - which received a pretty dismissive response from the Customer Services team - although to be fair its more of a strategic issue than a day - day operational problem. I attempted to pay a large cash sum from a pension into my Triodos current account. The pensions company (a large UK insurance firm) was unable to make the payment as Triodos are not on their list of approved banks for anti money laundering purposes. Fortunately I was able to make the payment into a current account I have with one of the big four banks. The point - which I attempted to make to Triodos customer services - is that while Triodos might consider itself a 'real' bank there are significant and major issues which they need to address before they are able to offer a full banking service. Clearly Triodos is not yet seen as an established member of the UK financial services sector. That said the day - day operation of the Triodos current account seems to be working well so far though limitations such as no overdraft, lack of branches, difficulty of paying in cash etc. may cause difficulties for some customers. There is also a lack of integration within their internet banking system which means that as an existing customer a full application form has to be completed in order to apply for e.g. a savings account. Triodos also (strangely nowadays) uses snail mail a lot for communication. Again this is an indication of the lack of integration within Internet Banking. At this stage I would say use Triodos for its ethical views (which can at times be somewhat extreme,one sided and lack nuance) and the ways it tries to manage money for social good. But for serious banking stick with one of the major players"
"Tridos phoned me & left a message. I phoned back, got through quickly & spoke to a person who was helpful & wasn't just reading the exact words from a computer screen - was human!"
"Great Customer Serivce"
"Ethical Company which is marvellous but an unappealing website that is quite out dated in terms of the GUI. The 3 stars reflect that but not the core values which I give a 5."
Thanks for your review - we are currently working on a new website for the bank for launch later this year. Thanks for the 5 stars for our values.
"Disappointed with service, no longer send out annual statements which are need to complete a tax return. Old accounts closed cant be accessed online, and they didn't bother send out a final statement when the bond came to end of term. I would be happy to support ethical banking and accept a lower interest rate but would expect a good customer service"
We're sorry to hear we haven’t provided the service both you and we would expect. Please can you email contact@triodos.co.uk with your details and we can look into this further for you. Thank you, Triodos.
"Recently swapped. Seamless transition, helpful phone line, clear conscience."
"One word. ETHICAL."
"So fair, transparent and sustainable! Not lost the personal touch either. Magic!"
"Transferring my current account was very efficient, pretty much seamless. The account runs very smoothly and the information provided in the app is good. Of course I’m delighted that my money is being used for ethical purposes, but I must admit I thought the service might be a bit clunky. It absolutely isn’t: quite the opposite in fact, there’s everything I’d expect from a 21st-century bank."
"Knowing that my funds are being put to good, responsible, decent use."
"Triodos is the one bank I feel I can trust, both with my money and how it uses it. The bank’s values are ones I believe in – using money for the good of the environment and society – and I feel secure knowing that my savings will not be used for environmentally destructive or exploitative investments. The new current account has proved perfect for my needs, communications are excellent, and the staff go the extra mile to be helpful."
"Very secure straightforward system for accessing accounts. Option to send and receive secure messages very useful. Clear and easy to read current account statement."
"Extremely efficient and knowledgeable call handling."
"One of the great things about Triodos is that I always have such a positive experience when I call, and therefore I'm encouraged to call again rather than use guesswork and get things wrong. It's a win win! This is such a contrast to other banks that really don't seem to want to speak with you."
"Good ethics and personal care. Accessible."
"Their staff are friendly and are clearly dedicated to customer service."
"Poor response to an enquiry"
"Pure and simple - It's ethical! They communicate well and have my interests at heart. I have an incredible sense of purpose and passion and being an ambassador for this bank feels amazing. You know exactly where each penny goes and you'll find it's always for the benefit of our organic communities, indeed for the wellbeing of our entire planet. It's a pleasure and delight to be on board using their bsuienss accounts, current account and wonderful savings."
"Excelente customer services team. I recently had a telephone query that was dealt efficiently and promptly. I did not have to wait for ages and was not put on hold for long like other banks do. Thank you and keep up the good work!"
"Their phone service at least lets you know where in the queue you are. So far it's take quite a long time to get the account and card on-line. Their security is tight, but things have been very slow re. getting up and running. Plus the on-line site is very busy and not that simple to navigate. Will report back once I have used the account for a month or so, but so far, "acceptable" is a good description of the service."
Triodos Bank UK is rated 4.45 based on 66 reviews