Triodos Bank UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend Triodos Bank UK
Read Triodos Bank UK Reviews

About Triodos Bank UK:

Banking for people and the planet. Triodos is the world’s leading sustainable bank, making money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change.

contact@triodos.co.uk

Triodos Bank
Deanery Road

Tell us how Triodos Bank UK made you happy
I initially joined triodos because I wanted my money to be doing good in the world even when I wasn't using it. The poor online service and functionality quickly led me to use another bank for my day to day transactions, and I used triodos solely for my savings (which I rarely access). 18 months later, I am now trying to leave triodos, as each time I forget my password, they lock your account and POST a new password to your house - freezing access to your funds until you receive the letter (which has taken up to 2 weeks in the past). My wife is sick of my furious rants every time I try to interact with this bank that seems to have its systems and processes stuck in the 1980s. So I am leaving them (if I can get access to my account again).
I joined as I wanted an ethical bank and was happy to pay the monthly fees for this. However, the app is rudimentary as is the web-site. Contacting them is challenging and I think the time has come that they don't just rest on their ethical status but actually put some service behind it.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our app and website are designed to meet our customers’ needs for everyday banking – and we are taking steps to improve our digital offering and experience. Our focus is on financing organisations and businesses that are creating positive environmental, social or cultural change, and we are always open to feedback on how we can improve our customer experience.
Easy to give them money,not so easy to get it back. I logged on to reclaim my matured & closed Regular saver,& met a wall of resistance. 33 days!!!? More information, 5 business days. Been in ethical for 25+ years,not doing this one again,still waiting for my money back.
Best ethical bank on the market.
I Have a Personal Current Account with Triodos I paid monies into the account of £5,000 after this they froze my account. I spoke to the operator and explained that I has transferred the monies from another account that I hold, I have given this information 3 times now, its been 6 days that I haven't been able to log into my account, or speak to a manager, to get this resolved. I don't have access to my account to make any payments or use my card. Its outrageous! Do Not Use Triodos - This is NOT Ethical Considerate BANKING!!
Thank you for leaving your feedback. As you know, we are in touch with you directly and will keep you updated through email. Thank you, Ellie.
I set up an account recently but must admit I'm a bit disappointed with the rather out-of-date technology. So far no fingerprint sign-on their Android app and no support for Google Pay. (This means carrying a card around all the time)Although I fully support their ethical stance I'm weighing up whether I shift completely away from my pre-existing bank even though my conscience will be troubled!
Absolutely satisfied on all levels, especially conscience! One thing, please make it possible to deposit cash soon, I’m now freelance and would greatly benefit from that service but am forced to get another account just so I can deposit then transfer to Triodos! Thanks
Excellent savings products - easy to open and manage online, with the added benefit of knowing that your money will be used only for ethical reasons.
Was great to see their ethical banking info and signed up about 1 year ago for the personal account (also at present signing up for a business account). The app and online banking is good but a little "busy" visually compared to other banks online platforms. Also the way they calculate the available balances online can be a little tricky to work out on times - it would be much easier to do the whole "Current balance = £x, Available balance = £x" standard that others use. On the whole though it depends what you want in life. If you are happy to take a few minor bug bears in the knowledge you aren't supporting fossil fuel or the arms trade then this is the bank for you.
Recently transferred from Barclays Bank Plc. Easy transfer away from a bank that was too busy to talk with me.
One major problem encountered - which received a pretty dismissive response from the Customer Services team - although to be fair its more of a strategic issue than a day - day operational problem. I attempted to pay a large cash sum from a pension into my Triodos current account. The pensions company (a large UK insurance firm) was unable to make the payment as Triodos are not on their list of approved banks for anti money laundering purposes. Fortunately I was able to make the payment into a current account I have with one of the big four banks. The point - which I attempted to make to Triodos customer services - is that while Triodos might consider itself a 'real' bank there are significant and major issues which they need to address before they are able to offer a full banking service. Clearly Triodos is not yet seen as an established member of the UK financial services sector. That said the day - day operation of the Triodos current account seems to be working well so far though limitations such as no overdraft, lack of branches, difficulty of paying in cash etc. may cause difficulties for some customers. There is also a lack of integration within their internet banking system which means that as an existing customer a full application form has to be completed in order to apply for e.g. a savings account. Triodos also (strangely nowadays) uses snail mail a lot for communication. Again this is an indication of the lack of integration within Internet Banking. At this stage I would say use Triodos for its ethical views (which can at times be somewhat extreme,one sided and lack nuance) and the ways it tries to manage money for social good. But for serious banking stick with one of the major players
Tridos phoned me & left a message. I phoned back, got through quickly & spoke to a person who was helpful & wasn't just reading the exact words from a computer screen - was human!
Great Customer Serivce
Ethical Company which is marvellous but an unappealing website that is quite out dated in terms of the GUI. The 3 stars reflect that but not the core values which I give a 5.
Thanks for your review - we are currently working on a new website for the bank for launch later this year. Thanks for the 5 stars for our values.
Disappointed with service, no longer send out annual statements which are need to complete a tax return. Old accounts closed cant be accessed online, and they didn't bother send out a final statement when the bond came to end of term. I would be happy to support ethical banking and accept a lower interest rate but would expect a good customer service
We're sorry to hear we haven’t provided the service both you and we would expect. Please can you email contact@triodos.co.uk with your details and we can look into this further for you. Thank you, Triodos.
Recently swapped. Seamless transition, helpful phone line, clear conscience.
One word. ETHICAL.
So fair, transparent and sustainable! Not lost the personal touch either. Magic!
Transferring my current account was very efficient, pretty much seamless. The account runs very smoothly and the information provided in the app is good. Of course I’m delighted that my money is being used for ethical purposes, but I must admit I thought the service might be a bit clunky. It absolutely isn’t: quite the opposite in fact, there’s everything I’d expect from a 21st-century bank.
Knowing that my funds are being put to good, responsible, decent use.
Triodos Bank UK is rated 4.29 based on 76 reviews