Triodos Bank UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend Triodos Bank UK
Read Triodos Bank UK Reviews

About Triodos Bank UK:

Banking for people and the planet. Triodos is the world’s leading sustainable bank, making money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change.

contact@triodos.co.uk

Triodos Bank
Deanery Road

Tell us how Triodos Bank UK made you happy
I set up an account recently but must admit I'm a bit disappointed with the rather out-of-date technology. So far no fingerprint sign-on their Android app and no support for Google Pay. (This means carrying a card around all the time)Although I fully support their ethical stance I'm weighing up whether I shift completely away from my pre-existing bank even though my conscience will be troubled!
Absolutely satisfied on all levels, especially conscience!
One thing, please make it possible to deposit cash soon, I’m now freelance and would greatly benefit from that service but am forced to get another account just so I can deposit then transfer to Triodos!
Thanks
Excellent savings products - easy to open and manage online, with the added benefit of knowing that your money will be used only for ethical reasons.
Was great to see their ethical banking info and signed up about 1 year ago for the personal account (also at present signing up for a business account). The app and online banking is good but a little "busy" visually compared to other banks online platforms. Also the way they calculate the available balances online can be a little tricky to work out on times - it would be much easier to do the whole "Current balance = £x, Available balance = £x" standard that others use.

On the whole though it depends what you want in life. If you are happy to take a few minor bug bears in the knowledge you aren't supporting fossil fuel or the arms trade then this is the bank for you.
Recently transferred from Barclays Bank Plc. Easy transfer away from a bank that was too busy to talk with me.
One major problem encountered - which received a pretty dismissive response from the Customer Services team - although to be fair its more of a strategic issue than a day - day operational problem.

I attempted to pay a large cash sum from a pension into my Triodos current account. The pensions company (a large UK insurance firm) was unable to make the payment as Triodos are not on their list of approved banks for anti money laundering purposes. Fortunately I was able to make the payment into a current account I have with one of the big four banks. The point - which I attempted to make to Triodos customer services - is that while Triodos might consider itself a 'real' bank there are significant and major issues which they need to address before they are able to offer a full banking service. Clearly Triodos is not yet seen as an established member of the UK financial services sector.

That said the day - day operation of the Triodos current account seems to be working well so far though limitations such as no overdraft, lack of branches, difficulty of paying in cash etc. may cause difficulties for some customers.

There is also a lack of integration within their internet banking system which means that as an existing customer a full application form has to be completed in order to apply for e.g. a savings account. Triodos also (strangely nowadays) uses snail mail a lot for communication. Again this is an indication of the lack of integration within Internet Banking.

At this stage I would say use Triodos for its ethical views (which can at times be somewhat extreme,one sided and lack nuance) and the ways it tries to manage money for social good. But for serious banking stick with one of the major players
Tridos phoned me & left a message. I phoned back, got through quickly & spoke to a person who was helpful & wasn't just reading the exact words from a computer screen - was human!
Great Customer Serivce
Ethical Company which is marvellous but an unappealing website that is quite out dated in terms of the GUI. The 3 stars reflect that but not the core values which I give a 5.
Thanks for your review - we are currently working on a new website for the bank for launch later this year. Thanks for the 5 stars for our values.
Disappointed with service, no longer send out annual statements which are need to complete a tax return. Old accounts closed cant be accessed online, and they didn't bother send out a final statement when the bond came to end of term. I would be happy to support ethical banking and accept a lower interest rate but would expect a good customer service
We're sorry to hear we haven’t provided the service both you and we would expect. Please can you email contact@triodos.co.uk with your details and we can look into this further for you. Thank you, Triodos.
Recently swapped. Seamless transition, helpful phone line, clear conscience.
One word. ETHICAL.
So fair, transparent and sustainable! Not lost the personal touch either. Magic!
Transferring my current account was very efficient, pretty much seamless. The account runs very smoothly and the information provided in the app is good. Of course I’m delighted that my money is being used for ethical purposes, but I must admit I thought the service might be a bit clunky. It absolutely isn’t: quite the opposite in fact, there’s everything I’d expect from a 21st-century bank.
Knowing that my funds are being put to good, responsible, decent use.
Triodos is the one bank I feel I can trust, both with my money and how it uses it. The bank’s values are ones I believe in – using money for the good of the environment and society – and I feel secure knowing that my savings will not be used for environmentally destructive or exploitative investments. The new current account has proved perfect for my needs, communications are excellent, and the staff go the extra mile to be helpful.
Very secure straightforward system for accessing accounts. Option to send and receive secure messages very useful. Clear and easy to read current account statement.
Extremely efficient and knowledgeable call handling.
One of the great things about Triodos is that I always have such a positive experience when I call, and therefore I'm encouraged to call again rather than use guesswork and get things wrong. It's a win win! This is such a contrast to other banks that really don't seem to want to speak with you.
Good ethics and personal care. Accessible.
Triodos Bank UK is rated 4.44 based on 71 reviews