travellocal.com Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend travellocal.com

About travellocal.com: TravelLocal is all about bespoke travel - with a difference.

We help you to create tailor-made holidays your way, with carefully selected local experts based in nearly 50 destinations worldwide. Since 2012 we have scoured the globe to find these expert companies - entrepreneurs and innovators from Argentina to Zanzibar and many countries in between.

They know your destination better than anyone. They use that knowledge to craft unforgettable trips, unique to you, that combine your ideas with their local knowledge and contacts, to bring the world to life.

You get a better, more authentic holiday experience and they get a fairer deal. And for peace of mind, we are members of ABTA and your booking is 100% financially protected.

Click Here

Tell us how travellocal.com made you happy

Email, Live Chat
6 - 12 Hours
"Excellent communication to determine our needs and answer questions for our trip to Morocco. Local guides all of the highest caliber. Accommodations all excellent with one exception(Hotel Chems du Lac-needs upgrading) and we especially enjoyed the riads. Itinerary tailored to us, which is unlike other tours. Overall, a great experience and our driver and guide were exceptional. One small note: visitors to the casbah in Rabat should be warned about people inside giving “tours” and then asking for money. This is actually not allowed as only registered guides can give local tours."
Thank you, Lorne, for this shining review! We're so pleased you had a fantastic tour of Morocco, a pleasure to read about your experiences. Do think of us for your next trip, we'd love to help. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I used Travel Local to book an individual itinerary to Argentina. The website was very easy to use and the quotation was made very efficiently. All arrangements made for me in Argentina worked very well and I was impressed with the overall quality of the service. I will definitely consider using Travel Local again."
Hi Roger, thank you for leaving us this lovely review! Pleased to hear you had a great experience booking your Argentina trip - and that it all went wonderfully on the ground! Do think of us when you want to plan another adventure. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"So far, so great. I’ve used Travel Local to plan a forthcoming trip to Sri Lanka. Throughout the planning process they have been responsive & flexible to our needs. We did try to contact several other Sri Lanka based tour guides and found it really hard to get responses, which didn’t fill us with comfidence. I feel more reassured using a company as well set up as Travel Local & feel confident that our forthcoming trip will progress smoothly."
Hi Kay, thank you so much for reviewing us! It's great to hear the process has worked so well for you so far in planning your Sri Lankan adventure! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return, do let us know how it goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I found Travel Local whilst searching for a tour of Senegal. Their method works quite simply in that you give an idea of where you want to go, what you would like to see and for how long. This is sent to a local agent who then communicates directly with you by email with an itinerary which you can adjust as necessary as much as you want. I checked out the local agent and online reviews were positive. Once the itinerary and price is agreed you the pay a deposit via Travel Local, which is ABTA bonded. Being UK based I also booked the flights through Travel Local as it is also covered by ATOL. I found the process quite easy and reassuring."
Hi there, thank you so much for the lovely review! It's great to hear about the process working so well for you, we'd love to hear more about your trip when you return! Do let us know how it goes. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Very helpful biking a tailor made itinery"
Hi Jan, that's great to hear! Thank you for leaving a review. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"So far an exceptional service provided for the booking process. My itinerary And flights where all arranged for me and I changed the the plans several times. A truly individually arranged holiday to meet my ideas with some local advice thrown in. Nothing seems to much bother. Katie and Emily thank you."
Thank you Paul for this shining review! Excellent to hear that it all went brilliantly for you, and we look forward to hearing all about your trip! We will pass on the feedback to Katie and Emily! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"The 2 itineraries that were suggested for me were excellent. Communications between us were quick and easy. As it is my first trip to that part of the world, a group tour was always going to be the best idea for me. I would certainly recommend talking to travel local."
Hi Malc, thank you for leaving us this review! We're really pleased to hear you had a good experience and would recommend us. Do let us know how it all goes, we'd love to hear more. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"We have just returned from a very successful trip to Costa Rica, arranged through Travel Local, with Ecole Travel as the in country agents. Soledad worked out a brilliant itinerary for us and we saw everything we had wanted to and in the process realised what an amazing country Costa Rica is. Ecole also proved themselves with a couple of minor issues we had. One was our late arrival in San Jose, with a 3 hour delay at Gatwick and another 3 hours getting through San Jose airport, but the driver was still there. Brilliant. Talking to travellers with other agencies that wasn't always the case, so a big well done there. The second issue was a missing pick up from a hotel, which turned out to be the hotel's mistake. Ecole sorted it with them and 20 mins later a taxi turned up and all was well. The lodges they chose were great. In the middle of nowhere so the roads were quite interesting but the standard of food and accommodation was outstanding and the variety of birds and wildlife that could be viewed was amazing. We would definitely use the Travel Local system again where we arrange the tour with a local agent but pay Travel Local in sterling and have the protections of Travel Local in the UK."
Hi Mike, thank you for the fantastic review, this kind of detail is very useful to us. We're really pleased your trip in Costa Rica was so amazing, Ecole are true stars on the ground as you came to discover! If you have any other feedback for us don't hesitate to let us know - if not, then we look forward to helping you out with your next trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"TravelLocal are excellent. I recently returned from Argentina and credit TravelLocal and their partners for what proved to be a trip of a lifetime. The website, which you can navigate with ease, offers really well researched itineraries together with travel blogs and recommendations by country. The website really inspires and excites and the actual booking process and interaction with the team is seamless. My local travel expert was brilliant and obviously extremely knowledgeable. Working with her to tailor my itinerary was really fun and her enthusiasm for both the country and things to see and do was infectious! The TravelLocal model works really well - a personal service tailored to your individual requirements with partners who can actually provide a local experience. Next stop with TravelLocal is Africa!"
What a fantastic review, thank you so much Alexandra! It's amazing to hear good feedback about our staff, our local partners and our platform (which we work very hard on) all at once! We're so pleased that you've had a brilliant experience so far - and long may it continue when you start to plan your adventure in Africa! We can't wait. Best wishes, the TravelLocal team.
"I love the model; answer a few questions and a local guide comes up with an itinerary to suit. You can then tailor that direct with the in-country people. UK office staff really friendly and know their areas. Helpful with info about airlines etc. Super excited for our holiday."
Hi Gerry,
Thank you for this lovely review! Very kind words, and we're really pleased you've had a great experience so far. Do let us know all about your holiday when you return, we'd love to hear all about it. Many thanks, the TravelLocal team.
"You have the security of a UK base but get to speak to local planners. Our first trip to India was superbly organised and as expected. We will shortly travel on our second trip to Costa Rica and have just paid a deposit on our third (back to a different part of India. In all cases the response from local planners has been fast and helpful and more to the point they read your comments / suggestions about planned itineraries. Once quoted in GBP the price is fixed in sterling, which is a bonus when planning a long way out. I would have no hesitation in recommending Travel Local"
Hi Richard, great to hear from you - and thank you for the shining review! We're really glad you've had such brilliant experiences with us, repeat clients like you make us very happy. Looking forward to hearing more abut your future adventures! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I have used TravelLocal for the first time who put me in touch with Sri Lankan Expeditions who I then dealt with direct to put together a three week itinerary. I have been so impressed by them as they have been so professional, charming to deal with & have given me advice that only a local could know so to have 'on the ground knowledge' is invaluable."
"difficult to comment this early in the process, because Travellocal has essentially done no more than put me in touch with the local co (in Kazakhstan) and I've taken it from there. The local co has been excellent in making arrangements flexibly so far. The trip is in 5 months, so watch this space"
"Accurate information, ease of booking, responsive communications team."
Hi Danielle, thank you for your review and we hope you had a wonderful trip to Morocco with us! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"What a great idea!! I actually work in travel myself and I understand how good it is to have the local ground agents who know what they’re talking about when organising your trip of a lifetime. Well done and keep up the good work! Aurica"
Hi Aurica, we really appreciate the kind words, thank you for reviewing us! Our experts really do know their stuff - you're sure to experience this on your trip (which we want to hear all about when you return!). All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Fantastic, tours offered! We are so excited for this trip and working with TravelLocal has been seemless. Professional, individual, prompt and helpful...it’s been a great experience so far!! Thank you!!"
Thank you so much Spencer for the kind review! We love hearing positive feedback such as this - be sure to tell us all about your holiday when it comes around. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"We have travelled for several years now to far flung destinations and almost exclusively used travel companies based in the destination country. I always had to use Google to find companies. In wanting to go to Brazil this year, I came across TravelLocal. My experience to date with the development of our itinerary has been fantastic; I wish I had discovered TravelLocal years ago. I gave their Brazil partner my wish list and they told me what it was practical to do in the time we have, and gave me a draft itinerary that was within our budget within very few days. They then patiently and efficiently fielded my questions and suggested revisions resulting in several further itineraries before we booked. Furthermore, because our travel dates are over 10 months away, they contacted all the accommodations to get them to accept a booking with a lower initial deposit. Our experience to date has been VERY favourable!"
Hi Eric, thank you for reviewing us! Sounds like the TravelLocal model is just perfect for your travelling needs - Poly and her team in Brazil are sensational both online and on the ground, you're sure to experience this even further when you head off on your trip. Do get back to us at the end of the year with stories of your travels, we'd love to hear all about it. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"At the end of 2018 we decided to book a holiday to Vietnam in early 2019. A minefield of availability but not flexible or the cost was horrendous. The larger companies went on specific dates some part of a group some not, we also want a rest at the end of our tour. Local travel put us in touch with a local company in Vietnam. They provided us with all the prompt information and revised our itinerary several times to accommodate our choice of hotels and international flights from the UK. Cost not the cheapest or most expensive but competitively priced. Hopefully on our return all will have gone well, lookout for the conclusion"
Hi there George, it's great to hear from you - thank you so much for reviewing us. We're glad that after a lot of research you opted for TravelLocal and our fantastic local partners in Vietnam - you won't regret it! Do report back with stories of your holiday, we would love to hear all about it. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"We have just returned from a wonderful trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar organised by Travel Local in conjunction with African Scenic Safaris. We were wonderfully looked after and stayed in beautiful hotels and tented camps where the facilities were just right - not opulent but in keeping with what we were about. Our safari guide was absolutely first class with a wonderful knowledge of the local wild life including the birds - and a great sensitivity to our needs and wishes - we could not fault him in any way. He was also a skilled driver. Wherever we went we found people welcoming and well-informed - and we are only sorry it is all over! Until the next time."
Hi Sophie, sounds like you had a magical time in Tanzania! We're jealous! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experiences with us, we really appreciate it and love hearing such positive feedback. Do think of us for your next trip, long may the adventures continue. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"What a great service we received from Travel Local and their partner in Georgia (Europe). We have travelled a lot and like to fill our holidays with exciting activities and have become increasingly frustrated with the mainstream UK travel companies. Either they are not flexible enough to do what we want or simply act as a conduit to agencies local to the area we want to visit. More and more we have found ourselves going to specialists but travel local takes this idea one step further. We were put in direct communication with someone in Georgia within hours who was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and flexible. We were in contact with her every day as our itinerary was refined and within a week of almost no stress had exactly what we wanted. We were very impressed!"
Thank you so much for this shining review! Georgia is a truly unique place as you have experienced, and we're so glad you chose to travel with us and our local partners out there. We're really pleased you had a terrific trip. Be sure to think of us for your next holiday and we'll be happy to help. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
travellocal.com is rated 4.91 based on 297 reviews