travellocal.com Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read travellocal.com Reviews

About travellocal.com:

TravelLocal is all about bespoke travel - with a difference.

We help you to create tailor-made holidays your way, with carefully selected local experts based in nearly 50 destinations worldwide. Since 2012 we have scoured the globe to find these expert companies - entrepreneurs and innovators from Argentina to Zanzibar and many countries in between.

They know your destination better than anyone. They use that knowledge to craft unforgettable trips, unique to you, that combine your ideas with their local knowledge and contacts, to bring the world to life.

You get a better, more authentic holiday experience and they get a fairer deal. And for peace of mind, we are members of ABTA and your booking is 100% financially protected.

These are reviews of the TravelLocal website and booking process. For reviews of the trips our customers have taken, please go to the TravelLocal website.

Tell us how travellocal.com made you happy
travellocal.com 5 star review on 25th June 2020
Esther Eyre
travellocal.com 5 star review on 14th November 2016
Rachel
More Photos & Videos
Very fast turn around and great service. they've produced an amazing itinerary for us as a very reasonable price. So far 5 star :)
Hi Lynn, thank you very much for this lovely review - we're very pleased to hear it! All the best, the TravelLocal team
My wife and I are pleased by and impressed with the quality and promptness of the Travel Local's assistance with planning our holiday in India. We have worked with other travel companies, but no other has matched Travel Local's performance. Although, we have not yet begun our holiday, our review our itinerary suggests that we will get much for more our money, regarding the star rating of our accommodations and the care taken in selecting our activities.
Hi, John! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are delighted to know that the experience of planning your trip proved efficiency and quality. Shilpi is amazing and we are sure you will have a great holiday! Let us know how it well went on our website when you return home! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Very helpful service which allows us to combine the benefits of free and organised trips. I liked it very much. Let's see how the plan really gives after the trip. It would be good if we could have some information about the qualification of the local partners, any price advantages in bookings through travellocal, etc.
Hi Jing, many thanks for your review! We're pleased to hear you like our business model and all the benefits it brings. It certainly does work out better value for both you and our local partners in your destination. You can see their reviews from clients after their holidays on our website if you're interested. We have quite a strict and thorough selection process for who we partner with - please feel free to get in touch on email or the phone for more details! All the best, the TravelLocal team
Great website and excellent communication from the agents. Maria from Ecole Travel, tweaked our itinerary a fair bit until it was right for us, taking into account our interests and time constraints.

Although communication was great and quick, there was no chasing or pressure from travel local, so we could decide in our own good time!
Hi Rebecca, many thanks for taking the time to write us this lovely review! We're very glad to hear that Maria adapted your itinerary until you were completely happy with it whilst being both efficient and patient. We hope you have a fabulous trip when you jet off to Costa Rica! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
TWIMC
So far my experience with travellocal.com has proven nothing but positive. The initial enquiry was dealt with both quickly and efficiently, which encouraged me to consider our options with the company. After several emails and a phone call we decided to go with TravelLocal for our holiday.
The service has been prompt, we've so far gotten just what we're looking for, and more, and we're looking forward to our holiday in April '22 in Jordan.
If the holiday experience is as well organised and pleasant as the booking has been then we're in for a memorable time!
Phil.
Hi Phil, many thanks indeed for your review! We're thrilled to hear that your trip planning experience was so positive. You can see our post-trip reviews for Jordan on our website - it is one of our most popular destinations and the team out there are fantastic. All the best, the TravelLocal team
Hi Phil, thank you very much for this lovely review! We're really glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip planning process and hope you're looking forward to your time in Jordan in 2022! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Love the concept of your website and the confidence it transpires. I’m a travel who loves getting tailor made itineraries being able to pick and choose what I want when I travel whilst ensuring that it’s from a reliable tour operators. This website gives me just that. But on second guess there is still a small sense of scepticism as the local operator were super friendly and responsive a when they were persuading me but once the payment went thru my email response was getting delayed and the language was a little different not that it was rude but it was just not as warm as before. Now it might just be a simple case of getting busy but just a little bit odd that’s all. It just adds to the whole experience and confidence it transpires. Being a person who has booked my trips directly with the hotel concierge or AMEX platinum concierge this is different because it’s a new experience but if it actually turns out to be worthwhile then I think I’d be one loyal customer simply because of the local experience available. But that being said I’ll have to wait and see for the tour experience itself. I’m super excited for this trip with that being said it is going to be reviewed and documented as it’s part of the ASEAN travel initiative. My write up of the whole experience along with review videos would be out. Here’s to hoping for the best because your service could honestly be a diamond to many if it hits the right nodes
Hi Vik, many thanks indeed for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip planning process but do apologise if you felt that our local expert became less responsive or helpful after you'd booked. Hopefully you enjoyed your trip with us just recently - please do get in touch to let us know how it went! We look forward to hearing from you with regards to any future trips that you're planning. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Hi, VIk! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate a feedback and its value. We are happy to know that you found the platform a reliable source and that you managed to tailor the itinerary to your liking. The local experience is for sure incredibly amazing and we hope the trip went smoothly, we are looking forward to hearing all about it on our website! We hope you will be in touch with us in the future, we will be here should you need any help with anything. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
We have been able to discuss the sort of trip we wanted, and given helpful suggestions, rather than prescriptive tours or modules.
Hi Susan, thank you for this review! We're glad to hear that you found our tailor-made model fitted in nicely with your holiday plans. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Hi Susan, thank you very much for your review! We are so happy to know that you found the process of planning your holiday efficient and supportive. We wish you an amazing trip and we will be waiting to hear all about it when you come back, on our website. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Travel Local were extremely helpful. They put together a wonderful itinary to suit our requirements. Emails were answered in a timely manner.
Very much looking forward to the holiday. If everything runs smoothly I would definately book again in the future with them.
Hi, Jacky! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review! We do take pride in the efficiency and the support we provide to our clients. We look forward to your feedback once you've returned from your trip to let us know how it all went on the ground as well, which we look forward to publishing on our website. Here is to many more excellent experiences with TravelLocal! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
I am not a natural on-line consumer, and I often find websites an unpredictable hassle. Travelllocal was a very pleasant surprise for me. I was able to input an overview of our needs, and was connected very quickly with a local travel expert in Costa Rica.
Stephanie from Ecole Travel was excellent to deal with. She was prompt, helpful and insightful. In particular, she was attentive to making arrangements that dealt with my wife's health issues. We are looking forward to our trip to Costa Rica and meeeting Stephanie in person as she gets us off to a good start on Day 1 of our trip.
My wife and I have travelled to over 50 countries over the years through a variety of travel suppliers. Travellocal would be the first place we looked in the future.
Hi Alistair, this is so lovely to hear - thank you! We're really pleased to hear that you found our website easy to use in order to connect directly with one of our wonderful local experts in Costa Rica, Stephanie. It's great also to hear that she was able to adapt your itinerary exactly to your needs. Have a fabulous trip when you go, and do tell us all about it! We can't wait to help you with many more travels to come. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
The local team had some great suggestions that have really improved what we had originally planned. Thanks!
Hi Clive, thank you so much for your review! Maria, our local expert is amazing and we are happy to know that together you managed to create a better version of your original plan. We wish you an amazing time away and don't hesitate to leave us a review on our website, upon your return home. We look forward to reading it! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
We are looking forward to our trip to Peru. Grecia was able to create an itinerary that covers everything we hope to see with excellent local recommendations. We have found the service and follow-up fast and professional to date and look forward to posting a review afterwards.
Thank you so much for your lovely words, Roslyn! We are so happy to know that you found the platform and the service efficient and enjoyable. Grecia can indeed offer great local knowledge and we look forward to hearing all about your holiday! Have an amazing time away! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
I was very pleased With the communication and timely responses. I was working with another travel company who just couldn’t be bothered to write back or answer my questions. I found your travel company to be great to deal with. That is why I chose to book my vacation tour with you. I’m looking forward to the tour to see how it goes.
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful review! We love offering promptness and efficacy whilst planning your trip and Shilpi is just amazing at that! Have an amazing time in India and let us know on our website how it all went. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Layla was really good at turning our wish list of things to do and see in Colombia into a great itinerary
She was prompt in answering questions or modifying days and plans
Not easy with the 5 hr time lag so top notch service
Hi Michael, thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are delighted to know that the process of planning your trip was efficient and pleasant. We hope you are having an amazing holiday and you will have a lot of excellent experiences to share with us! You can leave us a post-trip review on our website, once you are back home. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
We found the whole planning process really easy with TravelLocal. We indicated our preferences re transport, accommodation, sights and budget and María in San José came straight back to us with a wonderful itinerary. With a few modifications, this fitted our budget and our dreams perfectly. What seemed a daunting prospect became effortless. We are now really looking forward to our trip in April. Thank you, team.
Hi Janine, thank you for your review. It's really great to hear that your trip planning with our wonderful local experts out in Costa Rica went so well. Do keep us posted on how your trip in April goes! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
I am not in favour of the increasingly common practice of being asked to comment or write reviews for everything these days. So far I am most happy and hope very much the same standard will apply to the whole process.
Hi, John!

Thank for taking the time to leave as a review! We understand sometimes it can be demanding but it is incredibly helpful and delightful for us, as a business, to know that our values are coming across as we have envisioned. We wish you a memorable holiday in Jordan and we would love to hear all about it when you come back, on our website.

All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Helpful & patient putting together our trip ,nothing was too much trouble , we made lots of changes & added extras to our itinery
Hello! We’re glad to hear you easily customized your holiday the way you wanted - that is why our wonderful experts are there for. Please do leave us a post-trip review on our website, to let us know how it all went! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are more than happy to know that you found the process of planning your trip enjoyable and easy! We hope you will enjoy your time in South Africa as well and we will be looking forward to hearing all about it on our website, when you come back. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Muhammad was very responsive to all of our many questions about our trip to Jordan. He made us feel very comfortable booking with you
Hello Ruth, thank you so much for leaving us a review. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your holiday planning experience with our brilliant local expert out in Jordan, Mohammed. Do let us know on our website your post holiday impressions. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
I arranged two trips with TravelLocal/Tonkin Travel in the south and North of Vietnam. I must have made a dozen tweaks and changes, but Dzung, our rep, remained friendly efficient, fast and accommodating every step of the way. This is the first time we have ever gone for an arranged tour and so far (not going on the trip until next year) the experience has been more than positive. ON this basis alone I would highly recommend TravelLocal
Hi, Sean! Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. We’re really pleased to hear that you’ve enjoyed going for a tailor-made trip this time. We certainly believe it’s a brilliant way to make the most out of your travels, by benefiting from our local experts’ knowledge. We are sure your holiday will truly be a memorable one so keep us in the loop on our website when you come back! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
Our travel consultant went out of her way to arrange just what we wanted for our holiday. Nothing was too much trouble. Will let you know after the holiday if it all worked out as well as we expect it to!
Thank you for leaving us a review, Stephen! We’re really happy to know that your requests have been transformed into an exciting trip to look forward to. Our local experts in your destination will make sure that you have a fabulous holiday - please do let us know on our website how it goes! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
A very friendly firm who listened to what we would like to do. They put us in touch with a local company who were extremely helpful, now can’t wait for our trip.
Thank you for your kind words, Sue! We are really happy to know that our vision came across right and we can’t wait to hear your post trip thoughts! You can leave us a review on our website when you return. Have an amazing time away! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
travellocal.com is rated 4.90 based on 401 reviews