travellocal.com Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read travellocal.com Reviews

About travellocal.com:

TravelLocal is all about bespoke travel - with a difference.

We help you to create tailor-made holidays your way, with carefully selected local experts based in nearly 50 destinations worldwide. Since 2012 we have scoured the globe to find these expert companies - entrepreneurs and innovators from Argentina to Zanzibar and many countries in between.

They know your destination better than anyone. They use that knowledge to craft unforgettable trips, unique to you, that combine your ideas with their local knowledge and contacts, to bring the world to life.

You get a better, more authentic holiday experience and they get a fairer deal. And for peace of mind, we are members of ABTA and your booking is 100% financially protected.

These are reviews of the TravelLocal website and booking process. For reviews of the trips our customers have taken, please go to the TravelLocal website.

Tell us how travellocal.com made you happy
travellocal.com 5 star review on 25th June 2020
Esther Eyre
travellocal.com 5 star review on 14th November 2016
Rachel
More Photos & Videos
Wonderful company, it’s great that the locals plan your holiday as you get to see the culture as it should be. David and Carmen in the Mexico office have been fantastic in sorting out our holiday.
Hi Karen,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy that you enjoyed planning your trip with us.

We believe in authentic experiences and we hope you will have an amazing time on your holiday where our great partners in Mexico will take care of you.

You may tell us how it all went, on our website, upon your return home. We will be looking forward to hearing all about it!

The TravelLocal Team
Excellent service, well pleased with result from Malek the man in Jordan. Thanks to all involved.
Hi Shane,

Thank you very much for your review!

We are very happy to know that your holiday booking went smoothly and according to your desires.

Malek is doing an amazing job for sure and we know you will enjoy Jordan! Nonetheless, we will be looking forward to hearing about your experience, our website, upon your return home.

Have an amazing time in Jordan and stay in touch!

The TravelLocal Team
This was our third trip booked through Travel Local and our second with Ecole Travel in Costa Rica. Soledad who dealt with all our requests and opinions on the various itineraries did a superb job. She happily amended our holiday with our requests or amendments and provided excellent advice on locations and practicalities. All communications were prompt and the whole tailor made booking procedure was extremely efficient. We cannot commend her highly enough and we are looking forward to another awesome Costa Rica adventure.

Derek and Vivien Gruar
Hi Derek and Vivien,

Thank you very much for your lovely words and for organising your trip with TravelLocal one more time!

Soledad is undoubtedly great and we are delighted to know that your holiday booking was efficient and truly personalised.

We wish you a holiday with many beautiful memories and we will be looking forward to hearing all about it. You may leave us a review on our website, upon your return home.

Here is to many other holidays together!

The TravelLocal Team
Bloody brilliant - you speak (and email) with a knowledgeable, friendly local travel expert. For years I’ve been wasting time and money talking to chinless Brits pretending to know what they are talking about when in fact they are generally just transmitting (generally quite badly) what local guys are telling them. And then charging you a lot more for that worse service. TravelLocal is the way to go. Julian
Hi Julian,

I trust you are well! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful feedback.

We really appreciate any feedback but we are more than happy when the TravelLocal experience is lived to its potential. Let us know how everything will have been in Brazil. You may leave us a post-holiday review on our website, upon your return home.

Here is to many more trips together!

The TravelLocal Team
Travellocal.com has been very helpful in setting up the perfect itinerary for me. Muhammad especially has been a great help. I wanted to see certain places and he adjusted my itinerary to fit my needs as well as schedule. I'm thankful I contacted Travellocal and looking forward to my up coming trip. Thank you so much!

Gene,
Los Angeles, Calif. USA
Hi Gene,

Thank you ever so much for your kind words.

Mohammad is for sure great at sharing amazing local knowledge and his passion can be seen when planning a holiday.

We hope you will enjoy Jordan and you will go back to LA with many thrilling stories! We would be very happy to read about them, on our website, upon your return.

The TravelLocal Team
My experience of planning and booking my trip to Costa Rica has been outstanding. Mariana, our local contact, could not have been more helpful and responsive. To get such service, at good value, and end up with a trip tailored exactly for us - it has exceeded my expectations. I just have to wait 10 months now to actually go!!
Hi Julie,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback!

We are so happy that our vision is perceived well and that you benefited from the efficiency of TravelLocal and from the ever so important local knowledge of local partner, Mariana.

We wish you a brilliant time in Costa Rica and we hope we will hear all about it when you come back! You will be able to leave us a post-holiday feedback, on our website.

The TravelLocal Team
I have just booked a two week trip to Costa Rica. Maria came up with a great itinerary for us and was very helpful. She took into account the fact that we said we like hiking and want to see lots of wildlife. She was also happy to tweak it a few times until we got it exactly right. Excellent service.
Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for your lovely words.

We are delighted to know that your preferences have been carefully taken into consideration and that you managed to have the ideal holiday planned. Maria is surely offering exceptional expertise.

We would be thrilled to know how everything went in Costa Rica. You will be able to leave us a post-holiday feedback on our website, upon your return.

May you have a lovely holiday with many beautiful memories to bring home!

The TravelLocal Team
Loved working with Nath...always in touch. I made a lot of minor changes which she made easily. She even suggested that we put off the trip until July since we wanted to see animals...and that would be the best time for animals. Would love to work with her again.
Hi Rindy,

Thank very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate it!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the process of booking the holiday and that it was faced with ease. Nathalia is great!

We will be looking forward to reading all about your holiday when you come back. You will be able to leave as post-trip review on our website then.

May you have an amazing time in Brazil, it is indeed an impressive destination with loads to offer!

The TravelLocal Team
So far we have been most impressed and would recommend you to our friends. Sophie has been most helpful and prompt in replying.. David.
Hi David,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the experience with us so far and we really appreciate each recommendations that is being shared. We are proud of all our hand-picked partners and Sophie is just amazing!

We wish you a very lovely holiday and we cannot wait to hear all about it when you come back. You may then tell us your thoughts on our website.

Here is to many TravelLocal stories!

The TravelLocal Team
Keti who communicated with me about our trip to Georgia was exceptional and she certainly was a big part of choosing your company for our trip. The whole process was simple to understand and very efficient without feeling pressured to make snap decisions.
Hi Claire,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are very glad to hear that the ideal process of planning a holiday has been met with the cherished ease and uniqueness.

Keti is undoubtedly amazing at managing the expectations and more and we are sure you will have a brilliant time in Georgia. We wish you the best experience and many beautiful memories.

We are looking forward to hearing all about your trip, on our website, upon your return home.

The TravelLocal Team
Thanks Travel Local for an amazing 2 week tour of Costa Rica.
Thanks to Mariana for understanding exactly the kind of holiday I wanted and putting together a superb itinerary. Costa Rica is truly a fantastic country and Mariana helped me experience a great variety of exotic animals, beautiful scenery and the right balance of adventure and relaxation. All of locations and the hotels Mariana recommended were every bit as good as I expected. Pura Vida Mariana.
Muchas Gracias. Stuart
Hi Stuart,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such beautiful comments about your whole experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that your expectations were met and not only, from the very beginning until the end. Mariana is awesome and she manages to share her amazing perspective of her country in a very unique way.

Here is to many other holiday booked together!

The TravelLocal Team
Our trip to Costa Rica exceeded all expectations. It was brilliantly balanced with all our requirements covered and time to spare for exploration and relaxing on our own. Everything ran smoothly and on time. The accommodation was wonderful and every location unique with attentive and friendly staff. What an amazing country, great food, lovely people and phenomenal wildlife. One of our best holidays ever. We will definitely use Travel Local for our future adventures.
travellocal.com 5 star review on 10th February 2020
Hi John and Sylvia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to lease us a review!

We are thrilled to know that your experience has been a total success and that you have such beautiful memories to share.

Very proud of our partners, we are thriving for meaningful trips around the world. We are confident that the local knowledge is so valuable and together we can explore the authenticity and the splendor of our hand-picked destinations.

Here is to a long collaboration with TravelLocal!

the TravelLocal team.
My 3 day 2 night trip to Paro Bhutan was amazing! My TravelLocal / Heavenly Bhutan guide Jimmy was incredible! He was so knowledgeable, kind and fun to be around! He taught me so much about Bhutan culture and spoke English quite well! The Tiger Monastery was incredible and definitely worth the clim getting up there and the other temples in Paro were also quite magnificent. I stayed at the Gangtey Palace which was extremely comfortable and beautiful, also the views of Rinpung Dzong out my window and from the attached restaurant we’re the best in Paro.
Our driver was great and the vehicle was really nice and clean. The meals I had were excellent in all the restaurants we ate At along with the home-stays. I highly suggest taking the hot stone bath after the hike to Tiger Monastery, by far the best I’ve ever had!
Fantastic trip and Travelocal / Heavenly Bhutan took care of every detail which made for a very relaxing and memorable vacation.
Hi Joshua,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for travelling with us!

We are delighted to know your holiday was a success and that you have such beautiful memories to share. Bhutan is an incredible place and our local partners make the whole experience a true blessing.

Here is to many more holidays together!

The TravelLocal team.
Although I haven't yet taken the trip to Ethiopia, I found Tania at Travel Local to be quite helpful and able to answer any questions that I had about the trip. Even when a few details changed, she was happy to work through those changes. The information I received has made me anticipate the Ethiopian experience very much. I hope to write another review after I come back.
Hi Stephen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us such lovely words!

We are very happy to hear everything went smooth and you enjoyed the experience of organizing the holiday with Tania. She is, without doubt, great!

We would love to know how it all went upon your return home. You can leave us a review then on our website.

We wish you a memorable Ethiopian trip!

The TravelLocal team.
Excellent customer service, fitted the trip to meet our requirements, gave us information and used local companies with good experience.
Thank you we will use you again.
Hi Bev

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback.

It is great to hear that you had a positive experience with our local partners and will use TravelLocal in the future. We hope you had a lovely time on your trip.

Once you are back from your trip, we would love to hear how it went. You can leave a review on our website.

All the best
the TravelLocal team
Abha has been professional and helpful planning our trip. She has been very easy to communicate with, given us suggestions and has been prompt with her replies. We would strongly recommend Travel Local to others. We now look forward to our adventure in India
Hi Maureen

It is great to hear that you had a positive experience with Abha and that communication about your trip has been straightforward! Your recommendation of TravelLocal is really appreciated.

We hope that you have a fantastic time in India and would love to hear your feedback upon your return. You can leave us a review on our website when you are back.

Have a brilliant adventure!

the TravelLocal team
The combination of fast response and local knowlege made tailoring our holiday a breeze. Well done Laura in Argentina and the Bristol staff.
Hi Bob

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience!

It is fantastic to hear that Laura and our team in Bristol were able to make organising your holiday to Argentina easy. We know that a tailormade holiday often requires a lot of time to organise so it is great that the responses you received were prompt and knowledgeable.

We hope you enjoy your trip; it really is a wonderful destination. Please let us know how it went when you return via our website.

the TravelLocal team
Very happy with the whole booking process and Ivy was very helpful !
Hi Ragnhild

Thank you for your review!

Your comments about Ivy's helpful approach and that you were pleased with the booking process are much appreciated.

We want to wish you a fantastic time on your trip. You can let us know your feedback when you return using our website.

the TravelLocal team
I could not have been helped any more. From moment l contacted them until l booked the did everything they could to customise and accomodate my trip.
Hi Stephan

Thank you for getting in touch and letting us know about your experience with TravelLocal!

It is great to hear that you found the booking process seamless and that you received a truly customised trip.

We hope you have a fantastic time on your travels! You can let us know how the trip went when you return by using our website.

All the best
the TravelLocal team
So far we have received a fantastic service!
Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear that you received fantastic service.

We hope you enjoy your trip. Feel free to get in touch through our website when you are back to let us know your feedback.

travellocal.com is rated 4.90 based on 401 reviews