travellocal.com Reviews

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
6 - 12 Hours
Read travellocal.com Reviews

About travellocal.com:

TravelLocal is all about bespoke travel - with a difference.

We help you to create tailor-made holidays your way, with carefully selected local experts based in nearly 50 destinations worldwide. Since 2012 we have scoured the globe to find these expert companies - entrepreneurs and innovators from Argentina to Zanzibar and many countries in between.

They know your destination better than anyone. They use that knowledge to craft unforgettable trips, unique to you, that combine your ideas with their local knowledge and contacts, to bring the world to life.

You get a better, more authentic holiday experience and they get a fairer deal. And for peace of mind, we are members of ABTA and your booking is 100% financially protected.

These are reviews of the TravelLocal website and booking process. For reviews of the trips our customers have taken, please go to the TravelLocal website.

Tell us how travellocal.com made you happy
travellocal.com 5 star review on 25th June 2020
Esther Eyre
travellocal.com 5 star review on 14th November 2016
Rachel
More Photos & Videos
Customer service was excellent. It was good value and when one member of the group couldn't go, the organisers did their best and refunded his share of the tour cost.
Hi Amar,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad you have had a positive experience so far.

We are here for any support you might need!

The TravelLocal Team
Very friendly, custom made, and always prepared to find solutions to problems and offer alternatives. Recommended!
I do not know as yet if we got value for money - we go to Brazil in July. I must report that I found the whole process of itinerary searching and booking to be absolutely first class. We are pretty particular, but have nothing, nothing at all, but praise for the whole experience. The web site was very helpful. Nath, our Brazilian co-ordinator (etc.) was terrific: always available, full of ideas, patient and super courteous. we are all set thanks to her. We use other sites (VRBO/Airb/Expedia/homestogo) but feel we have now found a gem. Regards James and Trish
Hi James and Trish,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful review.

We are glad you enjoyed the experience so far and we are sure you will have an amazing time away!

We will be looking forward to hearing all about it upon your return home when you may leave us a review on our website.

The TravelLocal Team
Being the lead member of a group of five for a tour of Sri Lanka, I made the booking at a price which was great value for the tour. Yet, the personal service provided by Shernela through the online messaging service was first rate as she kept me updated on the arrangements of the tour throughout. Unfortunately, I had to drop out of the group because my brother suffered a massive heart attack and ended up in the ICU. As I telephoned to cancel my part of the tour, I was very humbled by the compassion and humanity of Hayley Lewis, the Customer Experience Executive at Bristol. Her emails were written with such care and consideration. In my view, she excelled her role many times over. She took immediate action to recuperate as much refund for me as possible in collaboration with Shernela from the suppliers in Sri Lanka. Due to the excellent care, compassion and support that I have received from these members of staff, I shall recommend Travel Local to everyone I know. I am grateful for the excellent service is a gross understatement of how I feel.
Hi Jagtar,

Thank you ever so much for your kind and honest words.

We are glad that you enjoyed planning your holiday with us and we hope that the other companions have had the best time away.

You have our dearest sympathy and we would like you to know that you and our family are in our prayers and we wish you strength through these times. May we have the opportunity of crossing paths again the future!

The TravelLocal Team
Wonderful company, it’s great that the locals plan your holiday as you get to see the culture as it should be. David and Carmen in the Mexico office have been fantastic in sorting out our holiday.
Hi Karen,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy that you enjoyed planning your trip with us.

We believe in authentic experiences and we hope you will have an amazing time on your holiday where our great partners in Mexico will take care of you.

You may tell us how it all went, on our website, upon your return home. We will be looking forward to hearing all about it!

The TravelLocal Team
Excellent service, well pleased with result from Malek the man in Jordan. Thanks to all involved.
Hi Shane,

Thank you very much for your review!

We are very happy to know that your holiday booking went smoothly and according to your desires.

Malek is doing an amazing job for sure and we know you will enjoy Jordan! Nonetheless, we will be looking forward to hearing about your experience, our website, upon your return home.

Have an amazing time in Jordan and stay in touch!

The TravelLocal Team
Second time I have used you - this time was a poor experience. I had to complain to the uk part as the Georgian agent was poor she was then replaced.
This improved the service however the main problem is using an agent to book for three countries - she had no knowledge on Armenia/ Azerbaijan and had to keep going back and forth to the third parties in these countries. Similarity for the itinerary suggested for these countries I shared it on a Facebook group and was given advice that it was not in the best order for wasting time/ travel - this was disappointing as she should be the expert. I don’t think you should have agent using third parties for other countries - I had to go back and forth 9 times until the itinerary was correct. I had to do a lot of my own research for this trip and felt like all the agent did for me was book it- there wasn’t much advice!
Hi Emily, many thanks for your repeat custom and your feedback regarding this second booking with us. As you know, we have taken this up with our partners in Georgia and are seeing where improvements can be made. We have many, many people travel to the region with our local experts' help across all three countries and we receive very positive feedback on their travel experiences so please do let us know how your trip goes as we would love to hear! All the best, the TravelLocal team
This was our third trip booked through Travel Local and our second with Ecole Travel in Costa Rica. Soledad who dealt with all our requests and opinions on the various itineraries did a superb job. She happily amended our holiday with our requests or amendments and provided excellent advice on locations and practicalities. All communications were prompt and the whole tailor made booking procedure was extremely efficient. We cannot commend her highly enough and we are looking forward to another awesome Costa Rica adventure.

Derek and Vivien Gruar
Hi Derek and Vivien,

Thank you very much for your lovely words and for organising your trip with TravelLocal one more time!

Soledad is undoubtedly great and we are delighted to know that your holiday booking was efficient and truly personalised.

We wish you a holiday with many beautiful memories and we will be looking forward to hearing all about it. You may leave us a review on our website, upon your return home.

Here is to many other holidays together!

The TravelLocal Team
Incredibly helpful, flexible, adaptable, and since my arrival in Brazil, I have discovered that they are extremely well informed, and knowledgeable about the itinerary they have designed for me. The places suggested on this trip have been thoroughly endorsed by some Brazilian locals I've met, and spoken to.
Much of this was done with very little notice.

Thanks already. I hope the trip goes to plan.
Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful review.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the experience of planning your trip and we are sure that the team in Brazil will make sure you have an amazing time once you are there as well.

We will be looking forward to reading you post holiday feedback on our website. Have a beautiful trip!

The TravelLocal Team
Bloody brilliant - you speak (and email) with a knowledgeable, friendly local travel expert. For years I’ve been wasting time and money talking to chinless Brits pretending to know what they are talking about when in fact they are generally just transmitting (generally quite badly) what local guys are telling them. And then charging you a lot more for that worse service. TravelLocal is the way to go. Julian
Hi Julian,

I trust you are well! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a beautiful feedback.

We really appreciate any feedback but we are more than happy when the TravelLocal experience is lived to its potential. Let us know how everything will have been in Brazil. You may leave us a post-holiday review on our website, upon your return home.

Here is to many more trips together!

The TravelLocal Team
Travellocal.com has been very helpful in setting up the perfect itinerary for me. Muhammad especially has been a great help. I wanted to see certain places and he adjusted my itinerary to fit my needs as well as schedule. I'm thankful I contacted Travellocal and looking forward to my up coming trip. Thank you so much!

Gene,
Los Angeles, Calif. USA
Hi Gene,

Thank you ever so much for your kind words.

Mohammad is for sure great at sharing amazing local knowledge and his passion can be seen when planning a holiday.

We hope you will enjoy Jordan and you will go back to LA with many thrilling stories! We would be very happy to read about them, on our website, upon your return.

The TravelLocal Team
Very professional and responsive. Listened to what I wanted, got back quickly, constructive
Hello!

Thank you very much for leaving us a feedback.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the process of planning your holiday and that you found it useful and easy.

We wish you a beautiful holiday and the best memories to bring home! We will be looking forward to reading about your trip on our website, upon your return home.

The TravelLocal Team
My experience of planning and booking my trip to Costa Rica has been outstanding. Mariana, our local contact, could not have been more helpful and responsive. To get such service, at good value, and end up with a trip tailored exactly for us - it has exceeded my expectations. I just have to wait 10 months now to actually go!!
Hi Julie,

Many thanks for your wonderful feedback!

We are so happy that our vision is perceived well and that you benefited from the efficiency of TravelLocal and from the ever so important local knowledge of local partner, Mariana.

We wish you a brilliant time in Costa Rica and we hope we will hear all about it when you come back! You will be able to leave us a post-holiday feedback, on our website.

The TravelLocal Team
I have just booked a two week trip to Costa Rica. Maria came up with a great itinerary for us and was very helpful. She took into account the fact that we said we like hiking and want to see lots of wildlife. She was also happy to tweak it a few times until we got it exactly right. Excellent service.
Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for your lovely words.

We are delighted to know that your preferences have been carefully taken into consideration and that you managed to have the ideal holiday planned. Maria is surely offering exceptional expertise.

We would be thrilled to know how everything went in Costa Rica. You will be able to leave us a post-holiday feedback on our website, upon your return.

May you have a lovely holiday with many beautiful memories to bring home!

The TravelLocal Team
Loved working with Nath...always in touch. I made a lot of minor changes which she made easily. She even suggested that we put off the trip until July since we wanted to see animals...and that would be the best time for animals. Would love to work with her again.
Hi Rindy,

Thank very much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate it!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the process of booking the holiday and that it was faced with ease. Nathalia is great!

We will be looking forward to reading all about your holiday when you come back. You will be able to leave as post-trip review on our website then.

May you have an amazing time in Brazil, it is indeed an impressive destination with loads to offer!

The TravelLocal Team
So far we have been most impressed and would recommend you to our friends. Sophie has been most helpful and prompt in replying.. David.
Hi David,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review!

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the experience with us so far and we really appreciate each recommendations that is being shared. We are proud of all our hand-picked partners and Sophie is just amazing!

We wish you a very lovely holiday and we cannot wait to hear all about it when you come back. You may then tell us your thoughts on our website.

Here is to many TravelLocal stories!

The TravelLocal Team
Keti who communicated with me about our trip to Georgia was exceptional and she certainly was a big part of choosing your company for our trip. The whole process was simple to understand and very efficient without feeling pressured to make snap decisions.
Hi Claire,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are very glad to hear that the ideal process of planning a holiday has been met with the cherished ease and uniqueness.

Keti is undoubtedly amazing at managing the expectations and more and we are sure you will have a brilliant time in Georgia. We wish you the best experience and many beautiful memories.

We are looking forward to hearing all about your trip, on our website, upon your return home.

The TravelLocal Team
Thanks Travel Local for an amazing 2 week tour of Costa Rica.
Thanks to Mariana for understanding exactly the kind of holiday I wanted and putting together a superb itinerary. Costa Rica is truly a fantastic country and Mariana helped me experience a great variety of exotic animals, beautiful scenery and the right balance of adventure and relaxation. All of locations and the hotels Mariana recommended were every bit as good as I expected. Pura Vida Mariana.
Muchas Gracias. Stuart
Hi Stuart,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such beautiful comments about your whole experience with us.

We are delighted to hear that your expectations were met and not only, from the very beginning until the end. Mariana is awesome and she manages to share her amazing perspective of her country in a very unique way.

Here is to many other holiday booked together!

The TravelLocal Team
Our trip to Costa Rica exceeded all expectations. It was brilliantly balanced with all our requirements covered and time to spare for exploration and relaxing on our own. Everything ran smoothly and on time. The accommodation was wonderful and every location unique with attentive and friendly staff. What an amazing country, great food, lovely people and phenomenal wildlife. One of our best holidays ever. We will definitely use Travel Local for our future adventures.
travellocal.com 5 star review on 10th February 2020
Hi John and Sylvia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to lease us a review!

We are thrilled to know that your experience has been a total success and that you have such beautiful memories to share.

Very proud of our partners, we are thriving for meaningful trips around the world. We are confident that the local knowledge is so valuable and together we can explore the authenticity and the splendor of our hand-picked destinations.

Here is to a long collaboration with TravelLocal!

the TravelLocal team.
My 3 day 2 night trip to Paro Bhutan was amazing! My TravelLocal / Heavenly Bhutan guide Jimmy was incredible! He was so knowledgeable, kind and fun to be around! He taught me so much about Bhutan culture and spoke English quite well! The Tiger Monastery was incredible and definitely worth the clim getting up there and the other temples in Paro were also quite magnificent. I stayed at the Gangtey Palace which was extremely comfortable and beautiful, also the views of Rinpung Dzong out my window and from the attached restaurant we’re the best in Paro.
Our driver was great and the vehicle was really nice and clean. The meals I had were excellent in all the restaurants we ate At along with the home-stays. I highly suggest taking the hot stone bath after the hike to Tiger Monastery, by far the best I’ve ever had!
Fantastic trip and Travelocal / Heavenly Bhutan took care of every detail which made for a very relaxing and memorable vacation.
Hi Joshua,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for travelling with us!

We are delighted to know your holiday was a success and that you have such beautiful memories to share. Bhutan is an incredible place and our local partners make the whole experience a true blessing.

Here is to many more holidays together!

The TravelLocal team.