travellocal.com Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend travellocal.com

About travellocal.com: TravelLocal is all about bespoke travel - with a difference.

We help you to create tailor-made holidays your way, with carefully selected local experts based in nearly 50 destinations worldwide. Since 2012 we have scoured the globe to find these expert companies - entrepreneurs and innovators from Argentina to Zanzibar and many countries in between.

They know your destination better than anyone. They use that knowledge to craft unforgettable trips, unique to you, that combine your ideas with their local knowledge and contacts, to bring the world to life.

You get a better, more authentic holiday experience and they get a fairer deal. And for peace of mind, we are members of ABTA and your booking is 100% financially protected.

Click Here

Tell us how travellocal.com made you happy

Email, Live Chat
6 - 12 Hours
"I have been on one tour with Travel Local and have booked another. I really like the ethical value of the company, in ensuring that destination populations truly benefit from tourist monies i. e. most of it stays 'local'. Our tour operator took the time and listened to our wishes and used their expertise and local knowledge to give us a great individual experience in Costa Rica, with us all the way by email. We were even met once in Country and given a kind gift. The UK arm also checked that we were happy and being looked after. What a great service. Our next tour looks magnificent and I can't wait to go. Kind regards Caroline"
Hi Caroline, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. We're really pleased to hear that your trip to Costa Rica with us was such a success. The team there are fantastic. Do let us know how the Namibia trip goes as well! All the best, the TravelLocal team
"We knew we wanted to go to Costa Rica but didn't want the stress of self-drive or the restrictions of an organised tour holiday so when I found travellocal.com it seemed like the perfect solution. I sent an email specifying our approximate dates, budget and places we hoped to visit and activities we wanted to do and got a speedy reply from Soledad with a suggested itinerary. We made a couple of changes via back and forth email then once we were happy we were able to just book and start getting things underway. It all went really smoothly and it was great to be able to ask lots of questions and to tailor-make the holiday we wanted. We're really looking forward to it!"
Hi Teresa, thank you for your very kind review! We are so pleased that you like the flexibility our tailor-made tours offer and the simplicity of the planning process. Soledad is fantastic and enjoys sharing her country with visitors, we know that you will love your time in Costa Rica! Ahead of your trip you may be interested to read what our customers have said about their experience - www.travellocal.com/countries/costa-rica/reviews. We look forward to hearing about our trip upon your return. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"From my first browse of the very easy to navigate website, then on to my enquiry for a trip to South Africa, the production of the final tailor made itinerary, all the time talking to Nikki in Cape Town, tweaking it so it matches my thoughts and her local knowledge and advice to produce my dream trip. The itinerary itself is so detailed that it has filled me with so much enthusiasm for this upcoming holiday."
Hi Sue, thank you so much for leaving us this lovely review! We're thrilled to hear that you've had such a good trip planning and booking experience thanks to our wonderful local experts out in South Africa. Have the most amazing trip when you go - we'll look forward to hearing all about it! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Very intuitive website followed by extremely efficient responses."
Hi Jane, thank you for your review! We're really glad to hear that you found the website easy to use, and that our local expert out in Jordan was helpful and prompt in his replies. We hope you have a wonderful trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team
"First time using Travel Local and found the team very good communicators, not only getting back to you on questions but listening to what you are looking for in your holiday and making sure they personalise the trip to meet those aspirations. Looking forward to the holiday!!"
Hi Adam, thank you for your review! We're so pleased to hear that you felt your requirements were listened to and considered when putting together your tailor-made trip. Have a wonderful time on your trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"My wife and I just completed another excellent bespoke trip organised by Travel Local, this time we spent a week in Armenia. We decided to go at short notice, so had little time to research the country, but we asked the travel local Armenian team to tailor the "Around Yerevan" trip to include more focus on wine tasting, and the itinerary they proposed was excellent. Meet & greet was seamless, and we met our fantastic guide Eva, who really made the trip special for us. Our vehicle and driver were both excellent. Each day was action packed, and had lots of variety, but there was always time to enjoy a lunch or a glass of wine. Highlights included visiting the cave where the worlds oldest known winery was discovered, and the pottery vessels in which the residue of the local grape variety, Areni, was found....followed by a tour of local wineries which vinify the modern Areni grape. We also climbed Armenias 3rd highest mountain, this involved a 4 x 4 driver who was able to get us 'quite close to the ascent, and great guiding by Eva, who is also a qualified Mountain guide. Amazingly, my Football team, Wolves, were drawn to play a Europa League cup tie, on one of the nights we happened to be in Yerevan...we asked Inga from the office to secure tickets for us....which took some effort since the game was a sellout, but she got 2 superb tickets next to the directors box at face-ticket value....this is a classic example of where TravelLocal go the extra mile to ensure the perfect trip. We thank travel local for doing the usual excellent job."
Hi Dianne and Steve. Wow, thank you for this amazing review, what can we say!? It was so lovely to welcome you back to our TravelLocal platform after your first trip to Uzbekistan. Inga was delighted to plan your trip and particularly enjoyed putting together such an action packed itinerary, which still allowed plenty of time to enjoy a glass of wine! What an amazing experience to watch your football team in Armenia, Inga and all of our local experts really will go the extra mile to ensure your time in their country is a once in a lifetime experience. Thanks again for taking the time to share these lovely words. We can’t wait to help plan your next adventure! All the best, the TravelLocal Team.
"Great team work between Travel local and Sri Lanka Expeditions. Great support and a lot of patience pulling my perfect itinerary together!"
Hi Stephen, thank you so much for this lovely review. We're thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed our service so far and look forward to hearing how your trip goes! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Pre-booking advice both from Head Office and the Local adviser has been prompt and helpful, resulting in booking holiday to Jordan for ourselves and 4 friends. Omens good for actual trip next year!"
Hi Christine, many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're really glad to hear you enjoyed the holiday planning and booking process. We trust you're looking forward to your trip next year and please just get in touch if we can assist with anything further in the meantime. All the best, the TravelLocal team
"Kristtina has been amazing helping me to plan our Peruvian and Amazon trip. I gave her a broad list of likes/requirements and she came back with a great itinerary which ticks all of the boxes. She has been quick to respond and clear and comprehensive in her explanations. So excited to go on this now tailor made trip!"
"I have not been on my trip yet, but the booking process so far has been amazing! The website is super easy to use and their model is very transparent. I have spoken on the phone to Travel Local staff, who were super friendly and very helpful and the local company in Sri Lanka have been brilliant as well. I am a very experienced traveler and although I have not been on the trip yet, if it lives up to the itinerary, their prices are very competitive."
Hi Fraser, many thanks indeed for taking the time to leave us a review! We're thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed every part of your trip planning process, from dealing with our excellent local partners out in Sri Lanka, to contacting us here in the TravelLocal UK office, to the website and the value for money that you get by booking your trip through us! Have a wonderful time in Sri Lanka and we'll look forward to hearing all about it. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Very helpful throughout the process"
Hello, thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad you found the trip planning and booking process to be helpful. Have a great trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Marianna has planned our 3 week trip to Costa Rica early next year. I got several operators to prepare itineraries and quote so I could compare. One of the main reasons I chose to use Travellocal was because Marianna dealt with our requirements in an efficient, informative, helpful and patient way using her local knowledge and insights and after several iterations came up with a tailor made holiday which exactly meets the needs of my wife and I and at a reasonable price. If the arrangements on the ground are as good as the planning has been we will be very pleased."
Hi Peter, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased that you selected to book with TravelLocal and that you have found Mariana’s local knowledge helpful in creating your perfect itinerary. Mariana’s understanding of her country and passion for welcoming visitors is second to none, so we don’t doubt that you will have a fantastic time! We would love to hear all about your trip upon your return. All the best, the TravelLocal team
"We have booked “tailor made” holidays before with other companies who use a local operator in the country being visited, but the costs of these were becoming beyond our budget (we were quoted £7,000 for a 9 day tour of Jordan on a b&b basis). We have found the whole booking experience really easy with messages responded to within 24 hours. We wanted to tweak the initial itinerary which was acted upon straight away. Had some qualms once we had paid the deposit and were told that everything needed to be confirmed. However needn’t have worried as all trips & hotels confirmed or upgraded at no extra cost. So far so good"
Hi Gail, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's really great to hear that you've enjoyed the trip planning and booking experience with us thanks to our fantastic local expert's prompt replies and the good value for money which we offer. We hope you have a wonderful trip! All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"We have just booked our trip to Sri Lanka through Sri Lankan Expeditions. Booking direct through a local company makes perfect sense, with their intimate knowledge of the area, rather than through a UK agent. The whole process has been a pleasure, with every question answered quickly and thoroughly by our agent Praveen. Of course, final judgement must be reserved to the trip itself, but if our experience so far is anything to go by, we will have a great time!"
Hi Penny, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. We're really glad to hear that you've enjoyed the trip planning process with our excellent local partners, and we look forward to hearing all about your trip when you travel. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"I looked at organised tours with other tour operators, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Travel local has been fantastic, building a trip tailored for me, and the ability to be able to amend the trip as much as I like until I am totally satisfied. The website and messaging service is easy to use and responses have been prompt. I would recommend this to anyone planning a trip who doesn't want the hassle of researching and booking everything individually. It makes sense to use the knowledge of local experts."
Hi Caroline, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review. We're so pleased to hear that you see the benefits of our unique approach. It's also great to hear that you've enjoyed the flexibility of having a trip tailored to your wants and needs by our excellent local partners. We hope you have an equally wonderful trip when you go! Do let us know all about it. All the best, the TravelLocal team.
"Travel Local is a great platform to organize our personalized trip directly with a local travel agent in some countries where it's not easy to do it yourself. We are very happy with our first usage so far, good reactivity, good communication, friendly contact. This platform is a great idea and was definitely needed."
Hi Carole, thank you for leaving us this lovely review! It's great to hear that you've had a good experience of our services so far and that you're on board with our unique way of doing things. All the best, the TravelLocal team
"We enjoyed a wonderful trip to Oman booked via TravelLocal. The booking process was very easy, the local Omani company was very responsive and proactive in their communication, and the trip went seamlessly. We really felt booking directly with a local Omani company made a big difference, not only in terms of value for money but also in terms of how authentic our trip was. Thank you TravelLocal, we'll be coming back!"
Hi Samantha, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review! We're so pleased to hear that you had a great holiday with us, and that you felt that our way of doing things resulted in a better value and more authentic trip. We look forward to hearing from you for any future travels! All the best, the TravelLocal team
"Great Planning.excellant facilities,food ,lodges.Massai lodge was a great experience.wonderful"
Many thanks again for your reviews Shaku. It makes our job worthwhile knowing that our valued clients have such special travel experiences around the world. Do stay in touch for any future travels! All the best, the TravelLocal team
"We were a group of 8 family members to travel to Tanzania.Amanda worked with me to plan this trip to my satisfaction.She gave suggestions where I needed and we planned a wonderful trip.All of us were very happy with accomodations,food,jeeps,knoledgable drivers,price of tour. I highly recommend Travel Local for trips to Africa.Very promptly, Amanda or Shellye ,both answered any questions I had . Thank you very much to all at Travel Local"
Hi Shaku, thank you so much for this lovely review. We're thrilled to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time in Tanzania thanks to our excellent local partners out there! All the best, the TravelLocal team
"Have used Travelocal twice and everyone connected has always been helpful, responsive and knowledgeable. Its great to be able to build a holiday that suits us while using people local to where we are traveling."
Hello, thank you very much for leaving us such a lovely review! We really value your repeat custom with us and hope to be able to help you put together many more exciting travels in the future! All the best, the TravelLocal team
travellocal.com is rated 4.91 based on 296 reviews