Travel Republic Reviews

12% of reviewers recommend Travel Republic

How would you rate Travel Republic?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"I have just booked a holiday with Karen your Agent. She said I could phone you to discuss anything....but you are not answering the phone....it goes dead after a few rings. I have had my Atol Certificate confirming Flight and Accommodation, it doesn't say half board - which was what I booked...and I have tried contacting the hotel several times - but there is no answer from them! I have emailed to ask you for their phone number and to confirm all is well, but I have had no answer to that even. I wish I had read the reviews - as these alone would have put me off! I have very little money...and this was an affordable holiday for me and my initial contact was good. £450.00 is a lot for me and I am now really worried things are not as they should be and I don't know where to go now for help. My email is: nettabrett@hotmail.co.uk."
"Travel Republic are selling holidays that don't exist. They took full payment from me, then advise that the flights aren't available anymore and won't refund for 10 working days. The customer service representatives that I have spoken too are beyond rude and couldn't care less. Apparently the fault was on me as I am 'inflexible with dates'. I have since had to contact them again as they had only cancelled the flight part of my package, not the hotel and car hire and were only going to refund me for the flight. Absolute joke of a company"
"We booked a very expensive “trip of a lifetime” to Dubai through travel republic. We had only booked with Travel a republic as we had the option to book a suite with 2 rooms so we could sit in the living area after our young children had grown e to bed. On arrival we were given a suite with one room and had to fight with the hotel to get fold out beds for our children. Travel Republic refuses to help us change our booking and are fighting against us trying to get compensation. DO NOT BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY WITH TRAVEL REPULBLIC as your holiday will not be anything like what you booked. THEY ARE FRAUDS!"
"Booked a hotel room in Dubai on the palm for 7nights left the deposit all my details to find out 12 hrs later it wasn’t available at the price stated after a long discussion gave my money bback.so 1 hour later ringed tr booked again same room same date took deposit and again emailed me again to say it’s not available only if I paid ££900extra never book anything with travel repulic again"
"'Booked' flights through Travel Republic only to be told 8 hours later that the flights had doubled in price! Clearly they didn't process the booking when I booked it, will never use again"
"I recently made a reservation at a Turkish hotel for 2 people, myself and Turkish friend. When we arrived at the hotel my friend was told this price was only for European passport holders and not Turkish residents. My friend had to pay substantially more money or would not be allowed to stay at the hotel. Had he not agreed then the holiday would have been ruined. Not only is this gross discrimination against Turkish residents but why didn't TR state this policy before the booking was made. With this issue and the fact it's not possible to see photos of the room you will be getting I certainly wouldn't use this appalling company again!!"
"I would never book again with travel republic again they are atol protected. But some of the hotels they put you in are not. And like in our case the hotel was bad and wr could not do anything about it Be warned."
"Booked hotel only to be told after paying that it is only a request and that the confirmation can take up to 12 hours! After 18 hours wait, called them and was told that the confirmation will be sent within 12 working hours! When I made a payment it was for booking not a request! When I make a booking I expect booking confirmation within 30mins if not straight away! Should you not clearly state on the payment section that it will take up to 12 working hours to confirm booking! Can you not clearly state on the payment section that the booking is not a guarantee as the you’re price maybe miss-leading! Idiots!"
"booked a holiday through the app when I added luggage it changed my flight from Thomas cook to Turkish air lines with a stop off in the middle of the night although I tried to call them with in 5 minutes of the booking and receipt of their confirmation email I have been told I have got to pay for the flights in full and will only get the airport tax back even though their own terms and conditions state I can make amendments as long as I inform them within 2 days. but there will be an admin charge full cost of the flights is not an admin charge"
"Terrible company. I'd strongly advise that you steer clear of this lot. They'll do anything they can to take money off you and don't care at all about customer service. This is the first and last time I will deal with them. Please please do yourselves a favour and use another site to book your holiday."
"Travel Republic on its website informs that cancellation of the booking takes place without incurring costs. That's not true. I canceled my reservation 5 weeks before I was charged £ 40."
"We booked with and paid Travel Republic for a hotel in Portugal and private transfers between Faro airport and hotel. There was no private taxi at either end. In addition to the £109 we'd paid TR for this non existent service, we also had to pay 160 euros for taxis we arranged ourselves. When we arrived home, we complained in writing to TR who waited the full 28 days before responding. Despite the fact that we'd paid TR for the private taxi, they insisted on passing on our complaint to their third party supplier, GreenBus. This outfit claimed that, because we had taken more than an hour from landing to reach their desk, they had no car for us. (A) We couldn't find anywhere in their booking conditions where this was stipulated. (B) Arrivals at Faro airport on 7th September was manic - queues at passport control were very long, our baggage took ages to arrive on the carousel. It was impossible for us (and for anyone on our flight from Southampton) to transit from landing to exit within an hour, unless they had only hand baggage. On departure day we waited in vain for our taxi to turn up at the hotel. So we again had to make our own arrangements. We found out later that TR had cancelled our return taxi without telling us. After the first unsatisfactory reply from TR, we wrote again, reiterating the same complaint, that we'd paid them for a service they didn't provide. After another 28 days' delay, they replied and again referred us to Greenbus, but agreed to refund the return portion. The point of complaining to TR was that we had paid them, not Greenbus, so we were looking to TR for a full refund. The money is only a small amount, it's the principle of such poor customer relations.. Apart from being out of pocket, it was extremely stressful dealing with the unhelpful staff at Greenbus, having to join the long taxi queue outside, waiting for the return taxi and then having to book our own, worrying that we would not make check-in on time. We definitely won't be using TR any time in the future."
"Absolute joke. Charged for a booking instantly. Few days later found out my booking had been cancelled. Asked for a reason why, and was given a reason of "not passing their internal security". For a hotel booking!!! Never heard anything more absurd. They obviously mis-sold it in the first place. Refund however still hasn't come though. Will be making a formal complaint."
"First of all, I was checking the bookings on a hotel from a different website then they told me it was sold out, then I found TravelRepublic and saw that they apparently had rooms left. So I went ahead and made my booking, fully paid, downloaded the app, gave them all my information etc to get as smooth booking as possible. Then since they didnt give much information about the room I wanted to book I wanted just a simple question to be answered, "how big is the room in square meters" (as we are 3 adults in the same room and the hotel has either a 45 square meter room or a 71 square meter room. So we wanted to know which type of room we booked as there was no information about this at the booking. I went ahead and tried to call their line in the UK, was in the queue for over 1 hour and 10 minutes and got kicked out of the queue??? with the incredible cost per minute of 0,6€ per minute. which cost me 42€. Amazing. It doesnt stop there... I went ahead and messaged them on facebook instead since there was supposed to send me another confirmation e-mail to me which i'd had to respond to within 12 hours of the booking which was about to pass the 12 hour mark. I didn't even get a confirmation email so i was destined to not complete my booking and having to wait 3-9 bank days for parts of my money to come back to my bank account. I just got a simple answer "there is a queue system that's going by your booking date, thank you for your patience" like what the f***? how ever they did make a costumer support request.. which took them freaking 24 hours to respond to! and of course in between loads of excuses from their facebook employees, like we will send you an update as soon as we got a confirmation from the hotell, like if i really wanted to I could ask them myself but now my issue was not about how big the room was, but what they will do about this 12 hour confirmation timeline that I was given after the booking?? I asked them this multiple times and I get this answer. "Please do not worry, some bookings can take longer than others to confirm." How the hell does it take so long time to confirm something when you can instantly withdraw my money from my bank account? So what was my final answer that I got that made me give this rating? I got the answer "We have been notified by your hotel provider, GTA, that the room you have requested is not available. Availability has changed while you were submitting your booking details as providers work on a live system." GUESS WHAT??? NOW WHEN I CHECK THE SITE AGAIN I CAN ACTUALLY "BOOK" THE SAME ROOM AGAIN!? Amazing, scam artists. Its actually soo much more I could add to this website but its not worth more of my time. I'll just copy and paste this to every review site of Travel Republic so others wont get scammed as I got scammed."
"Absolute joke, will never use them again. Booked a life time trip to Las Vegas, staying at the Palazzo, booked over a year in advance Travel Republic had not booked our hotel and took absolutely no responsibility for their mistake. We had to sort everything ourselves ruined our holiday we had to sort and pay for another hotel. Had a nightmare claiming our money back the head of complaints needs retraining has absolutely no idea what good customer service is. I can not put into words how disgusted I am with this company, they could not care less!"
"Booked a £3k+ holiday with these and later found flights cheaper using their own app, called them and they agreed flights were cheaper so they requested me to send screenshots so they could match. Later they backed out of the price match guarantee offering a feeble excuse. Do not use this company if you intend to check for price matches after your purchase. Their response time is also very slow and they wait for the 30 day max they are allowed to respond. Backs Out of Own Price Match Guarantee - Avoid."
"Avoid this company, I had a bad experience dealing with them. Be aware they will rip your money on booking cancellations. Do your reservations using Booking.com website or directly with hotel establishments."
"They take your money. They then cancel because it is not available. They continue to advertise same room dates and price after they cancel. They disappoint people so much. It is not just me. Have a look across the internet at the number od people saying just what I am...AVOID! Xx"
"i have found travel republic extremely disappointing as i received a lot of stress on the way back home. Due to flight amendments, travel republic failed to change transfer times to suit our flight, which we have paid for. On the day of departure, we phoned travel republic several times and they have ensured us that shuttle bus time has been changed to suit our flight. However, after 1hrs 30mins of wait shuttle bus failed to arrive and unfortunately, we were forced to take a taxi to the airport. After speaking to travel republic about the mistake made by them, they have promised to refund the money within 14days that we paid for the taxi.we have been trying to contact them for the last 14 days, but no one would answer the phone. As a result, we have lost a large amount of money. I would not recommend Travel republic."
"We booked a monarch flight to tenerife thru travel republic Monarch went bust on sunday Email on monday from travel republic saying i was going to get a full refund And payment back into my account was made on wednesday Great service"
Travel Republic is rated 1.52 based on 75 reviews