Travel Republic Reviews

13% of reviewers recommend Travel Republic

How would you rate Travel Republic?

"DO NOT BOOK FLIGHTS THRU TRAVEL REPUBLIC ...CHEAPER TO BOOK WITH THE AIRLINE! I was told on live chat the cost of booking seats with Ryan air was a certain amount (they quoted all the prices )and they confirmed that I would be able to do this after booking with them. This was not the case. I went on to Ryan air straight after booking with travel republic to find out that the fee for booking seats was DOUBLE the amount they quoted me. Had I known this I would have booked with Ryan air as it was cheaper in the end! Will not be using Travel Republic again! The rep on the phone said that even though they quoted the prices as I was booking that they could not be held responsible for the different prices after !SO WHY DO THEY QUOTE ANY PRICES?? VERY MISLEADING!! I intend to take this matter to the national ombudsman. I called them and they kept me on the phone for 20 mins trying to find the chat that I had had with the operator. They have not called me back. I put the phone down in the end as I think that they were probably not really doing anything about it. I spoke to Sham and the mangers' name is Michelle...although I did not get to speak to her! Thank-you Travel republic!!!"
"The all inclusive was not as described on website and when i complained i got a noreply email"
"The customer service at travel republic is excellent . Laura was assisting with my hotel booking in Mallorca (29/03/2018). She was very efficient , nothing was too much trouble and she was also super friendly. Company offers great deals and prices."
"Another holiday company that sell holidays in parts so to avoid package holiday consumer protection. They have obstructed us from complaining post-holiday about shoddy facilities etc (no hot water, so kettle had to be boiled to bathe baby) through their online complaint system which is basically a contact box that stops an email trail. Their answer is delivered via a no-reply email. Their response is the standard deflection type, taking no responsibility for the provider of the hotel-part of the holiday. Low cost holidays did this as well. We took them to court and won, and they are out of business now."
Gerry Puczynski
Verified Reviewer
"Travel republic is the worse holiday supplier I have ever used. They hide behind terms and conditions. Be very careful before Booking with this company because if you have a holiday from hell there is no after sales care or compensation."
VINCENT ORMSKIRK 07/03/18
Verified Reviewer
"we were recommended T.R. by a friend. We booked a holiday in Torremolinos for 10 days Whilst we were there my wife took ill with back problems .after2 days I decided to get her home ,as the weather was violent and we were stuck in a small room9Sol Principe,not very good!) T.R. were exceptional .Their in-resort customer services very patiently arranged our flights home ,Jacob in particular and when we got home T.R. refunded us £400 for the rest of the unused days .I have never written a review for anything before but truly feel T.R. deserve this accolade and the will be my future go-to Travel agent"
Phyllis Hosie
Verified Reviewer
"The flights were fine, but the accommodation (changed by travel republic) 3 weeks prior to departure was disgusting - the blue sea los fiscos in Lanzarote. Absolutely sub standard and 40 minutes from the beach etc. The apartment was disgusting, food dreadful and we were supposedly upgraded. Not enough crockery and a fridge which was ice packed. Travel republic dismissed everything when I complained citing that I should have made an initial complaint at the time. Disgusted with them. Would never use them again. Heed my warning !!"
"I have just booked a holiday with Karen your Agent. She said I could phone you to discuss anything....but you are not answering the phone....it goes dead after a few rings. I have had my Atol Certificate confirming Flight and Accommodation, it doesn't say half board - which was what I booked...and I have tried contacting the hotel several times - but there is no answer from them! I have emailed to ask you for their phone number and to confirm all is well, but I have had no answer to that even. I wish I had read the reviews - as these alone would have put me off! I have very little money...and this was an affordable holiday for me and my initial contact was good. £450.00 is a lot for me and I am now really worried things are not as they should be and I don't know where to go now for help. My email is: nettabrett@hotmail.co.uk."
"Travel Republic are selling holidays that don't exist. They took full payment from me, then advise that the flights aren't available anymore and won't refund for 10 working days. The customer service representatives that I have spoken too are beyond rude and couldn't care less. Apparently the fault was on me as I am 'inflexible with dates'. I have since had to contact them again as they had only cancelled the flight part of my package, not the hotel and car hire and were only going to refund me for the flight. Absolute joke of a company"
"We booked a very expensive “trip of a lifetime” to Dubai through travel republic. We had only booked with Travel a republic as we had the option to book a suite with 2 rooms so we could sit in the living area after our young children had grown e to bed. On arrival we were given a suite with one room and had to fight with the hotel to get fold out beds for our children. Travel Republic refuses to help us change our booking and are fighting against us trying to get compensation. DO NOT BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY WITH TRAVEL REPULBLIC as your holiday will not be anything like what you booked. THEY ARE FRAUDS!"
"Booked a hotel room in Dubai on the palm for 7nights left the deposit all my details to find out 12 hrs later it wasn’t available at the price stated after a long discussion gave my money bback.so 1 hour later ringed tr booked again same room same date took deposit and again emailed me again to say it’s not available only if I paid ££900extra never book anything with travel repulic again"
"'Booked' flights through Travel Republic only to be told 8 hours later that the flights had doubled in price! Clearly they didn't process the booking when I booked it, will never use again"
"I recently made a reservation at a Turkish hotel for 2 people, myself and Turkish friend. When we arrived at the hotel my friend was told this price was only for European passport holders and not Turkish residents. My friend had to pay substantially more money or would not be allowed to stay at the hotel. Had he not agreed then the holiday would have been ruined. Not only is this gross discrimination against Turkish residents but why didn't TR state this policy before the booking was made. With this issue and the fact it's not possible to see photos of the room you will be getting I certainly wouldn't use this appalling company again!!"
"I would never book again with travel republic again they are atol protected. But some of the hotels they put you in are not. And like in our case the hotel was bad and wr could not do anything about it Be warned."
"Booked hotel only to be told after paying that it is only a request and that the confirmation can take up to 12 hours! After 18 hours wait, called them and was told that the confirmation will be sent within 12 working hours! When I made a payment it was for booking not a request! When I make a booking I expect booking confirmation within 30mins if not straight away! Should you not clearly state on the payment section that it will take up to 12 working hours to confirm booking! Can you not clearly state on the payment section that the booking is not a guarantee as the you’re price maybe miss-leading! Idiots!"
"booked a holiday through the app when I added luggage it changed my flight from Thomas cook to Turkish air lines with a stop off in the middle of the night although I tried to call them with in 5 minutes of the booking and receipt of their confirmation email I have been told I have got to pay for the flights in full and will only get the airport tax back even though their own terms and conditions state I can make amendments as long as I inform them within 2 days. but there will be an admin charge full cost of the flights is not an admin charge"
"Terrible company. I'd strongly advise that you steer clear of this lot. They'll do anything they can to take money off you and don't care at all about customer service. This is the first and last time I will deal with them. Please please do yourselves a favour and use another site to book your holiday."
"Travel Republic on its website informs that cancellation of the booking takes place without incurring costs. That's not true. I canceled my reservation 5 weeks before I was charged £ 40."
"We booked with and paid Travel Republic for a hotel in Portugal and private transfers between Faro airport and hotel. There was no private taxi at either end. In addition to the £109 we'd paid TR for this non existent service, we also had to pay 160 euros for taxis we arranged ourselves. When we arrived home, we complained in writing to TR who waited the full 28 days before responding. Despite the fact that we'd paid TR for the private taxi, they insisted on passing on our complaint to their third party supplier, GreenBus. This outfit claimed that, because we had taken more than an hour from landing to reach their desk, they had no car for us. (A) We couldn't find anywhere in their booking conditions where this was stipulated. (B) Arrivals at Faro airport on 7th September was manic - queues at passport control were very long, our baggage took ages to arrive on the carousel. It was impossible for us (and for anyone on our flight from Southampton) to transit from landing to exit within an hour, unless they had only hand baggage. On departure day we waited in vain for our taxi to turn up at the hotel. So we again had to make our own arrangements. We found out later that TR had cancelled our return taxi without telling us. After the first unsatisfactory reply from TR, we wrote again, reiterating the same complaint, that we'd paid them for a service they didn't provide. After another 28 days' delay, they replied and again referred us to Greenbus, but agreed to refund the return portion. The point of complaining to TR was that we had paid them, not Greenbus, so we were looking to TR for a full refund. The money is only a small amount, it's the principle of such poor customer relations.. Apart from being out of pocket, it was extremely stressful dealing with the unhelpful staff at Greenbus, having to join the long taxi queue outside, waiting for the return taxi and then having to book our own, worrying that we would not make check-in on time. We definitely won't be using TR any time in the future."
"Absolute joke. Charged for a booking instantly. Few days later found out my booking had been cancelled. Asked for a reason why, and was given a reason of "not passing their internal security". For a hotel booking!!! Never heard anything more absurd. They obviously mis-sold it in the first place. Refund however still hasn't come though. Will be making a formal complaint."
Travel Republic is rated 1.59 based on 82 reviews