Travel Republic Reviews

14% of reviewers recommend Travel Republic
Telephone

How would you rate Travel Republic ?

"Disgrace...I don’t know how this company still exist....booked in good faith to be then told flights gone up oh and by the way your accommodation not confirmed...ripping people off..."
"The most disgraceful travel company I have ever used. Absolutely zero customer service. Rude, ignorant staff in their call centre. I had to prise information out of them on almost every issue I had during my holiday from start to the end. They take your money off you and then sent a few vague emails. No joining instructions, no accommodation voucher, no travel tickets! I wouldn't imagine they get a lot of repeat business if this is how they normally conduct themselves. I will never use this company ever again!"
"When we arrived at Dalaman Airport, our TravelRepublic transfer driver was waiting for us. He took our luggage, helped us into the minibus and set off. On the journey, he stopped went into a shop and came back with water for us. On the return transfer, the driver (Mehmet) stopped on the way to the airport and bought everyone an ice-cream. Brilliant customer service and superb Turkish hospitality."
"booked fully inclusive...huge deposit...then to be told hours after booking that flights not available....just want full refund...they are being difficult!!!!"
"booked flights and hotel in new York to celebrate daughters graduation on 26th june at 23:00 pm - price competitive but not VERY cheap - paid 70 per cent deposit - next day at 12:08 received email to say price had gone up £800 !!! - 27 per cent !! absolute rubbish to advertise deals which are not really available - will be contacting trading standards !! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !!"
"Everything, they offer products at prices they cannot guarantee in properties where they have no idea if there is availability. I would rate them a quarter of a star, not even a whole one. A complete shambles best describes the whole process."
"Travelling using Cartrawler and Ryanair was terrible"
"False advertising and incorrect information given when they change your hotel at last minute. We specifically asked if we had access to the Water Park ie if was I own to use with water in it. They confirmed it was.. But it wasn't nor was the complex even open. We made a complaint and this is their response from their provider used by Travel Republic and I quote: "We informed you that the alternative hotel has access to the Water Park and it has, the problem was that it was closed" You can make up your own mind if you think this is a reasonable response and £50 compensation considering the principal reason we chose this resort was for the water park for our daughter. Travel Republic think this is reasonable."
"Travel Republic are clearly doing so well that they no longer have to think about customer service. I will never ever book with them again in my life. If you are looking for information on the holiday you have booked or contact with your bookings company or even a relaxing time away. Travel Republic are just not for you! Do yourself a favour and book elsewhere."
"It is the worst experience i have ever had with this travel company, i booked my accommodation for 1 night with movenpick 6th october, cairo hotel with them and paid by my visa and they sent me confirmation but when i reached the hotel i didn't find any confirmations with the hotel and they refused to check in for me and when i contacted them to solve the problem they didn't do any thing and didn't refund my money back, i lost the money and i left the hotel and i had to pay for another hotel with more money and my trip was spoiled and my family were very frustrated"
"Last night I booked a holiday to the Algarve for July. Everything seemed to be fine and all went through okay however about an hour later I receuved a message saying my flight company had out the flights up by an extra £390. They advised to contact them ASAP. I contacted them this morning and they could not have been more helpful. They gave me 3 options. Either I cancel everything and receive a full refund at no cost, I cancel the flights and source my own or I speak to their sales team and see if they have similar flights. I decided to cancel the flights and source my own. They then advised that should I be unsuccessful in finding flights I could ring back and cancel the rest of the holiday at no cost. I managed tonsource alternative flights and am pleased to say I'm still getting away."
"Customer service"
"Having used travel Republic several times in the past for hotel bookings, I decided to book flights and hotel together with them for my holiday next year. Big mistake! Despite the 'best price guaranteed' plastered everywhere, the very next day I found I could have booked the hotel for hundreds of pounds cheaper. I contacted Travel Republic within 24 hours of booking and was confident they would price match, especially given my booking was for a years time. No, they don't price match 'package holiday's! This is despite the fact it isn't really a package, as I have separate booking numbers for flight versus hotel. That's the last holiday/ hotel I will ever book with TR. Really disappointed with them, especially when receiving an email for the deposit once again claiming best price guaranteed which is clearly false advertising. My advice if you do use TR. Is to book your hotel and then flights separately to be protected. And shop around well first. Don't trust the price claims."
"I have used Travel Republic to book a family holiday in Turkey. Everything was looking good untill we have arrived at the destination hotel: Long Beach Resort and Spa in Alanya, Turkey. The receptionist told me we are staing in a Chalet (wooden house made of 35mm timber) located away from the pool and overloocking some sort of life fense, literally half a meter from the veranda, meaning no view whatsoever. I said, no way, as I have paid for the most expensive 5* Villa with a swimming pool and showed him Travels republic papers. He said, he does not care what Travel republic papers says as they are basically nobody, and they subletted to Hotel Beds to book our holiday as they are the main Company. I have called immediately Travel republic just to be told that there should be error and the agent will get back to me. As you can guess, no agent called me back and I was forced to stay in the chalet which I carefully made sure not to book, as I knew how terrible are they from reviews. We suffered 4 nights of terror from the neighbors upstairs as the floor is just 35mm wooden planks and you can hear them breathing. On return I called Travel Republic and was told that this might not be theirs fault but Hotels bed(the company tbey used to book hotels). I told him, that I am not interested in that, as I booked through Travel Republic and not others, but was told that in the term and conditions there is mentioning of that. Hotels bed offered a refund of £203 on actual spend £2200 and told me take it or leave it and I should be happy for that. So to recap I was forced to spend money in something that I did not want in the first place and then told I should be happy. My advice is, stay away from Travel Republic, as seems that they care only for the money and no costumer service. And for all other people leaving positive review, I will tell you they were just lucky."
"Travel Republic = never again!! I booked flights and accommodation with them for a Santorini holiday in May. I requested a date change for our accommodation but they were very unhelpful. in addition, I last week got notification from TR that my return flights had been cancelled. They offered me alternate flights one week later which were of little use. It took over six days to resolve this flight issue and I spent a great deal of time and money trying to get through to their customer service team. Finally, I have now managed to cancel all flights with them and got a refund (and amazingly it's appeared in my account). I have taken my custom elsewhere. Be very careful with any bookings because their customer service is appalling."
"Sold a holiday that didnt exist! Arrived 5/5/18 gone midnight to what only can be described as a derelict building site! At no point prior to departure did Travel Republic, advise the hotel Gennadi Grand was not ready, or suggest any alternative, in fact i only received a cancelation email yesterday - not very helpful considering 4 days into our holiday!! It was only after driving up & down a further 30 minutes desperatly tryig to find the "real" resort (well.. u know what google maps is like "u hv arrived at destinstion on right" nooo surely this cant be it?!) did we phone hotel number on website & got through to a sister hotel the Lindos Imperial which is by no means 5* - its shabby, dated & stinks, including the bedding (brrr) - certainly not somewhere we'd EVER choose to stay! Sadly had no choice to stay 1 night as exausted. Checked into the Aqua Grand nxt day - the closest 5* experience comparable to what we thought we had booked, however it does not offer the range of facilaties of GGR purports to have (will have - eventually!) which is something we were naturally looking forward to on a much needed break. I cant imagine the frustration for those stuck at the imperial - what a disgrace these travel "providers" are allowed to sell holidays that dont exist!!! Extreemly sceptical of review sites with glowing reviews of places or privders - how can anyone give 5* to a hotel thats not built or a travel agent whos allowed this to happen! Now hving to go through "process" (28+ days) for refund which in no way compensates for distress, additional costs or time wasted."
"Worst company ever..I will never use again..previously used on a number of occasions and were fine. not great but ok. However the problem comes when you need to cancel a booking. They are a nightmare to deal with. They don't care that you have been a loyal customer. They cut you no slack whatsoever and I'd understand this if it was for flights or hotels that they had paid for you,but no, I'm speaking of accommodation only where they have made no upfront payment at all to the hotel. Yet still hit you with high cancellation charges to benefit themselves. I will never use them again and am now firmly in the group of people that loudly voices my distaste of them to everyone I know"
"I have had the misfortune of booking hotel in Majorca with them. Original price for 2 weeks £1581. I subsequently had to cancel 1 week and was told By first operative not a problem if done before flexible booking date for Full payment and cost would be £750 only. I then had to rebook my flights and as with Ryanair had to go direct to airline. On getting new flight phoned Travel Republic to amend Dates of hotel only to be told that as a new booking would have to pay £1000! I am NOT rebooking I have only amended original booking. I was so annoyed that we Cancelled entire booking - phoned Hotel itself and am paying £686 for same Accommodation. Will never use them again!"
"DO NOT BOOK FLIGHTS THRU TRAVEL REPUBLIC ...CHEAPER TO BOOK WITH THE AIRLINE! I was told on live chat the cost of booking seats with Ryan air was a certain amount (they quoted all the prices )and they confirmed that I would be able to do this after booking with them. This was not the case. I went on to Ryan air straight after booking with travel republic to find out that the fee for booking seats was DOUBLE the amount they quoted me. Had I known this I would have booked with Ryan air as it was cheaper in the end! Will not be using Travel Republic again! The rep on the phone said that even though they quoted the prices as I was booking that they could not be held responsible for the different prices after !SO WHY DO THEY QUOTE ANY PRICES?? VERY MISLEADING!! I intend to take this matter to the national ombudsman. I called them and they kept me on the phone for 20 mins trying to find the chat that I had had with the operator. They have not called me back. I put the phone down in the end as I think that they were probably not really doing anything about it. I spoke to Sham and the mangers' name is Michelle...although I did not get to speak to her! Thank-you Travel republic!!!"
"The all inclusive was not as described on website and when i complained i got a noreply email"
Travel Republic is rated 1.60 based on 100 reviews