Travel Republic Reviews

16% of reviewers recommend Travel Republic

Tell us how Travel Republic made you happy

"we booked a king suit, paid for a king suit(almost double of normal double room), recieved the confirmation and our voucher by email as king suit, then in hotel they gave us normal double room which was sllf of the price we paid. this was due to IT bug in travelrepublic webdite which they admired. instead they offer to refund the differences between tge price we oaid and wuth normal suit, they offered insulting 150 pounds, but we had paid extra 1000 for tgat room. i am now compaining through my bank to have my money back. avoid"
"We had a problem with our accommodation on holiday last month but Travel Republic listened to the problem and sorted it out positively and reasonably quickly. Very happy with their service and the outcome."
"Booked a holiday and while travelling it was cancelled due to their incompetent services. They use a company called Sun Hotels who over booked and cancelled whilst I was on my flight. They have had my money and really don’t give a monkeys even though I was told I would get a full refund. Am utterly disgusted....... what was meant to be relaxing was far from it, the stress caused by this was unforgivable"
"Booked a hotel through travel republic in march 18 to Sardinia for 20th wedding anniversary. On arrival at hotel was told by receptionist that there had been a flood in the room a plumbing problem, so no available room. We were stranded in Sardinia no where to stay it was high season everywhere was fully booked and we didnt speak Italian and we found that alot of Sardinias could not speak English, It was late evening and ended up having to hire a car to drive to budoni only hotel we could find. Far away from our chosen holiday destination. Then after multiple contacts and complaints to travel republic they said they would investigate and said the hotel had been over booked and they wasnt informed, Then i tried to escalate my complaint to ABTA to find out that Travel Republic had used a third company Hotel Reservation service who are not ABTA protected. Holiday from hell thanks to Travel Republic. Be very careful using this company , HRS has offered me €144 refund , Its a joke this doesnt even cover the car rental cost . Stay Clear of this company unless you want to be stranded in a foreign country"
"i booked a seaview room but never got it contacted TR on my return and sent them photos of the view .After weeks of emails they informed me that the booking agent WORLDS2MEET said my claim was false and refused to do anything else and closed the case.They never even looked at the photos because its clear that we never had a seaview.ANOTHER CASE OF PROFIT BEFORE PEOPLE"
"I tried after 3 days of booking to cancel my booking. And they told me I had to pay for the entire holiday and that it was non refundable, that’s rubbish, they are a fraud company. Travel republic are the most stupidest rubbish company to book a holiday. And if you are smart you would steer clear of a company like this."
"I have booked hotels with Travel Republic for a few years but with problems linked to my last two hotel booking I have moved to another provider. In October this year I booked a hotel in Spain on TR website and paid the full amount by debit card. I did not receive a Hotel Voucher so rang the firm and was told that my selected hotel was not available. I then booked another hotel with TR. Later I was told over the phone that the hotel I had originally booked was available so I returned to my original booking. Again on 2nd November 2018 I booked a hotel on line to Malta and received a Hotel Voucher. On 12 November 2018 I was informed that the Hotel I booked was not available and another hotel was selected for me by TR. That is just a week before my departure on 19.11.18 and 10 days after my receiving a hotel Voucher. I then directly contacted the Hotel and I was told that the hotel had not received a request for a booking under my name although they had a vacancy at that time for my 10 days stay. I then cancelled my booking with TR and have asked for a full refunds. I am going to Malta with another Travel Firm. All this has left me with extra work and much waste of my time with changing hotels, airport transfers, shifting appointments and the rest."
"Through TR I booked and paid for a suite with sea view room in Lanzarote for my partners birthday, when I arrived at the hotel they advised that the booking made by TR's booking company Gullivers Travel was for a double room even though my booking documents showed a sea view suite. The hotel was fully booked so they couldn't move us, they advised that this had happend several times before. Clearly rooms are being falsely advertised. Travel Republic blamed their booking agent Gullivers Travel and also claimed that GT were not responding to my complaint. TR refunded the difference between a suite and sea view room and offered £100 compensation but the experience put a real dampner on the holiday. It seems TR knowingly do business with companies that falsley advertise, I certainly won't use them again!"
"AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. Booked a package holiday to Greece and when got to the hotel were told that the hotel has been overbooked therefore our room was not available. We were absolutely shocked as we have booked this holiday 3 months in advance and also paid for more expensive luxury options for our stay. Called customer support from abroad but received zero help!!! Travel Republic left us all alone and with no accommodation at a very late hour in a foreign country. We also had to find alternative accommodation at premium prices all by ourselves. A few days into our holiday, they told us we will get a refund once we return back to the UK however after following all their complaint policies and procedures, received no refund or compensation (it's been a couple months since we returned). They completely ruined our holiday and caused us ongoing stress since we got back. TRAVEL REPUBLIC ARE THIEVES: they will not only steal your money and not give you what you paid for but will also put you in dangerous situations abroad."
"Awful company that are not interested if something went wrong on your Holiday"
"I urge travelers looking for Pahos airport transfers to/from their holiday accommodation to book direct with the company providing the transport - do not use Travel Republic. Our experience was horrendous. We were a party of five holiday makers (obviously with luggage). Booked a six seater minibus with a/c to pick us up from Paphos airport and take us to our holiday villa and the return journey at the end of our stay. Inward journey superb (service provided by Blue Sky Travel Express - minibus with trailer for the luggage). As required, we re-confirmed our return booking with Blue Sky Travel Express 24 hours in advance. On the day of departure, there is a knock on the villa door and there is our driver, but with an old stretch Mercedes limousine. Fine for the passengers, but not enough room for 5 suitcases. We called Blue Sky Travel Express - they were not the least bit interested, but after the driver spoke with them they said they would call back within 10 minutes. 15 minutes passed - nothing heard, so called them again. Their response was to blame us because we had not booked the luggage!!!!! 45 minutes later (and 1 hour 40 minutes after we should have departed for the airport) another old Mercedes saloon pulls up outside the villa. Our party and luggage are divided across the two vehicles. We set off, now with time incredibly tight to get to the airport before the check in desks close. I will give our driver (the stretch limo) credit - he drove that car like it had probably not been driven for a long time AND we made it to the airport with minutes to spare but what a journey. No air con, hot, sweaty, and not helped by the hair-raising speeds on country roads and corners taken practically on two wheels (I am not exaggerating). For this I paid nearly £200.00. Complained to Travel Republic who have now come back to me with the response from Blue Sky Transfers "We provided exactly the service the customer asked". A blatant lie which fortunately we can prove with both video and photographic evidence of the two cars and the initial attempt to get us all in the stretch limo (suitcases protruding from the car boot and rear seat). Travel Republic have washed their hands of the matter (or so they think). All I asked was for a partial refund of the cost of the return journey. So I am now starting proceedings against Travel Republic for the stress and inconvenience caused to my party by Blue Sky Travel Express"
"They are difficult to get hold of and do not answer the questions asked when trying to resolve an issue. Very unhappy with travel republic. Have booked with them for years. However will never use again. I actually asked what is there complaints procedures and who do I complain to is dissatisfied with their response. They refused to answer this question abd totally ignored it."
"Utter and complete waste of time. My daughter has gone to Rhodes yesterday. Arrived at her hotel, to be told she isn't booked in there. They informed her the hotel she booked was miles away and only a 1 star. Called TR, they have put her into a 4 star hotel for last night. She is now waiting for them to call her to arrange alternative accommodation. My daughter suffers from anxiety, TR wont speak to me due to GDPR, im furious with what they have done to her. She is missing her first days holiday, as she is still waiting for them to call her....."
"Advertised incorrect prices so you book and they take your money, then email you telling you that they have refunded you and you now have no accommodation and offer you a £50 travel voucher. Went to rebook the room as I needed to for work and you can only redeem 20% of the voucher price against a room even though it wasn't my fault it was their error. I rebooked but the lady never told me that their was no cancellation option, I now do not need to go to London however they have refused to refund my price paid. I do not understand how a company can advertise prices and then state the 'got them wrong' and try and charge more!! If you are looking for a room then DO NOT go on here use booking.com 100% better I have never had any issue with them the only reason I used Travel Republic this time was because the false advertised prices on their rooms. Harsh lesson learn!! Disgusting company I would never use them again."
"Travel Republic sold me a last minute package to Portugal for my family. Less than 3 days before we were due to fly they informed me that the flights were not actually available. This element of my payment was refunded. However, they refused to refund the accommodation element of the holiday (over £4000), and I was left to try and sort alternative travel arrangements. This entailed a six hour round trip to Luton airport!! Shocking company"
"Apparently flights have gone up and so i have to pay an additional £50 or get a refund, I have no choice as airport car park and shuttle transfer all booked around this flights - I am now worried something else might go wrong. They should honour the price change!"
"Awful company take to long to answer complaints"
"I had been looking a a particular hotel near Bristol and travel republic came up in the search engine. I typed in my dates and the price appeared to be competitive. I chose the room and bizarrely asked to pay £1.90 on my card which I did. Shortly after I was sent a confirmation email with a huge invoice, more than double the advertised rate I had selected (£242). I was horrified as I would never pay this much one nights stay in a hotel. I called travel republic immediately and was informed that it was either a computer error or advertised rate had been per person ( although the numbers didn’t suggest this) but as this wasn’t clear I would be put through to customer service who would refund my payment . I spoke to someone else who said that there was nothing I could do and that the rate I had selected was not an option on the site at all. I had a screen shot on my phone of the rate which they wouldn’t accept as the date it was taken wasn’t visible ( I took it ten minutes before the call) I was told to complain to an email address which I did and received a generic response explaining that they would respond within 28days. As my stay was 15 days away this was of no help. Two weeks after my stay I received a dissmissive badly written email ( I suspect cut and pasted) that was addressed to the wrong person confirming that they did not intend to do anything. Beware when booking with this company that the advertised rate may not be as it seems and that you may be End up paying much more than expected . Furthermore there were much much cheaper rates for the same room at the same hotel on the hotels website. Book direct and avoid this company."
"NEVER EVER use Travel republic, got late email fee days before my flight saying due to an ICT error the wrong price of my hotel happened in a 7 hour window and they casbcrlled my hotel all inclusive left with no hotel to go with my flight . For one I don't buy an IT error at all they sent me a receipt so they should honour it as it's there fault , but they wouldn't . So I will NEVER , NEVER book With this company again I ended up booking direct with the Barcelo company for accommodation which I recommend every one doing for safety , plus awaiting my refund as yet back on my MasterCard. In their poor email they said "we all make mistakes"? Poor, very poor . Never again"
"Horrific experience, this company has to be closed down! I am about to file a legal action. Booked the hotel a noght before arrival, money left the account, next morning got a confirmation the booking is cancelled due to “ not passing security checks”!! Its been almost a week now that I have been trying to request tge explanation what exactly it meant, raised about 10 customer requests to explain what exactly happen and only get automatic responses whithout any answers to the specific questions. When arrived to the hotel not only did they not have my booking but even blamed me for forging the booking confirnation(!!) when I showed them the one I had from travel republic!!! HORRIBLE company, they qare lying about the rates and booking availability an then still taking money from toyr account which they must be using as liquidity for a couple of days until the moment( if you are lucky enough!) they transfer you back. I am going to file a legal action against all the damages I suffered and ruined holidays thanka to them unless they do respond to me which I do not expect now. Please stay away from them and dont get capucht by their advertiaed low rates- it is all SCAM! Better pay more on booking.com"
Travel Republic is rated 1.69 based on 129 reviews