Traditional Beams Reviews

of reviewers recommend Traditional Beams
Read Traditional Beams Reviews

Tell us how Traditional Beams made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 13th May 2020
Mrs Katie Doran
Traditional Beams 5 star review on 16th April 2020
Mrs Katie Doran
More Photos & Videos
Shelves were delivered on time and when seen, they were a lovely quality of grainy oak. Look great on my kitchen walls.
Hi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am pleased they were delivered on time and that they look lovely. It would be great to know how we can improve and get 5 stars.
We've ordered some samples and have been genuinely very impressed with the Customer Service received. We look forward to purchasing our beam from Traditional Beams in the very near future.
Hello, Thank you for the review, it's great to hear you have been impressed with our service. It would be great to know what made you give only 4 stars so we know how we can improve.
oak splits but my split in my oak shelf was to large
Hello, I have taken a look at your order and can see you ordered our air dried oak shelves. It is typical for these to have cracks in them due to them being air dried and this adds to the rustic affect we try achieve with this style shelf. We do also have other shelves made from kiln dried oak which do not feature any cracks. If a crack was to be considered excessive we would be happy to take a look however I do not see any messages from you in our emails. Did you try get in touch with us regarding your issue? Many thanks, Rebeca
The beam ordered arrived within a week or so of ordering and the beam was as described on the website. I chose a beam that could be fitted to a stud wall, unfortunately I did not appreciate that the beam would be pre-drilled to 550mm spacing for the wall beams. Mine were approx 400 to 450mm spacing so was left with the choice of re drilling the fixing holes in the beam to suit or order an alternative fitting. I tried to order some brackets to match the wood chosen but they were unavailable and had no indication when they may become available again in the future. I have only given 4 stars rating as I would have thought that the website should offer the option of providing the beam spacing you desire or clearly inform you that the beam will arrive pre-drilled to 550mm centres for the wall fittings. I have however ordered another beam with a suitable fitting for my wall. The company did kindly offer to re-drill or change the fixing bracket for a cost.
Hello David,

Thank for reviewing our product. We are pleased that the beam arrived quickly and you found it to be as described. While we don't say exactly where the holes are drilled online we do state that holes are pre-drilled in the largest side of beam. We can change the location however with an email or note in the checkout with details if needed of a precise location if fitting to a stud wall. Different lengths have different amount of fixings so if you need a specific product its ways best to get in touch to check first the suitability. I'm pleased you managed to get sorted with your beam and hope you are now pleased with the final outcome.

Many thanks
Rebecca
Beam was lovely but I was hoping for a solid bracket that could be screwed to the wall rather than three separate screw bolts that have to be drilled separately. I'm a bit concerned that, if I cant get the holes for the wall plugs absolutely square the bolts wont fit into the pre-drilled holes. Havent fitted it get mind so may well be a doddle. Time will tell.
Hi Mike, Thanks for leaving us a review, we are pleased you found the beam lovely. We find that these fixings are the most cost effective and easy to install as well being adjustable after the beam is up. We have considered switching to the solid type brackets you are referring to however inevitably this would add £35-£40 to the price. Perhaps this may be something we add as an optional extra in the future. Thank you for the feedback.
Good service and reasonably priced.
Hello Neil, Thank you for the review, we are pleased you found the service good and our prices reasonable. We would love to know how we could improve to get 5 stars.
The beam is a beautiful colour with knots and cracks to make it unique. The weight of the beam is substantial but two people can install it safely. Our beam has three screws and we were able to hang on the screws at either ends but not the middle one but it’s sturdy. The beam was delivered promptly and we acclimatised it for a couple of weeks but now our dining room is complete for the Christmas holiday. Thanks Traditional Beams!
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 22nd December 2019
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a lovely review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with your beam and the way it looks. The photo looks great!
Great service, product and looks amazing. My only negative was that the size of the fixings were excessive and required heavy drilling.
Hi Jay, Thank you for the review, we are pleased you are happy with your order. As for the fixings, it is important that they are heavy duty to hold the weight of the shelf and anything else that may get put on the shelf. I notices you bought the plasterboard shelves which need to be substantial to hold the shelf onto the plasterboard wall.
Love it. Quick delivery. Great price. Looks fantastic over the real flame fire. Would definitely recommend.
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 15th November 2019
Hi Jennifer, We are pleased you are happy with your beam. It does look brilliant above your fire. We would love to know how we can improve to get 5 stars. We are always looking at ways of improving. Thanks for the review.
beautiful, fits well, above our fireplace, looks very rustic, which we wanted
the only down thing we have is original cracks started to widen, which seems to be part of the drying process
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 12th November 2019
Hi Steve, Thank you for the review and photo it looks lovely. Yes the cracks opening up slightly is part of the natural drying process and this usually happens as it acclimatises to room temperature. Please remember to gradually increase the heat of the stove over time to stop it acclimatising too fast, this will prevent the cracks from becoming excessive. We would love to know how we could get 5 stars - we are always looking at ways to improve. We are pleased you are happy with the look of it. Thanks for choosing to shop with us.
The beam looks real good, althought not the easiest one to mount. It made my livingroom much cosier!!
Hi Giorgio, Thanks for leaving a review we are pleased you love the beam. We would love to know how we can improve.
Generally very good quality although one of my items arrived damaged with a quarter inch chip on one side I will buy again though
Hello Malcolm, I am sorry to hear your item arrived damaged. While it's not very common, it is inevitable that from time to time items may become damaged during transit with anything ordered online however we would be happy to replace anything this is damaged or compensate you for this which ever you prefer. Have you been in touch with us about this? If not please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. Many thanks, Rebecca
Good materials and very good and personable service.
Hello Francisco, We are pleased you are happy with the order you received. We would love to know how we could improve.
Very helpful service and arrive quickly. Thank you x
Hello, We are pleased you are happy with your order and service you received. Thanks for choosing Traditional Beams.
Happy with our hardwood floating shelves thank you.
Hi Rosie, Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased you are happy with your hardwood floating shelves. It would be great to know how we could improve and get 5 stars. Thanks.
Quick delivery and good quality of samples
Hello , We are pleased you found delivery quick and the quality of the samples great. It would be great to know know why you only gave us 4 stars so we know how we could improve our service. Many thanks, Rebecca.
Looks great
Thank you for the review. We are pleased you are happy with your order. We would love to know how you think we could improve.
Samples recieved assisted us im selecting a floating shelf for our lounge.
Hello, Thanks for the review, We would love to know how we could improve and get 5 stars. Many thanks, Traditional Beams.
Ordered three 6x6 beams to form a fire surround , it arrived very well packed and was just the right type of aged grain. Good fitting instructions , looks superb
Hi Adrian, Thank you for leaving us a review. It's great to hear you were pleased with your beam, how it arrived and the fitting instructions. It would be great to know how we could improve our business and get 5 stars. Many thanks, The Traditional Beams Team.
Good looking piece of timber. Not sure if fixings strong enough but looks great. Delivered on time.
Hello, Thank you for the review, we are pleased to hear you love the look of the timber. The fixings may be deceiving but we do use the manufacturers guidelines on how much eight they can hold.
Traditional Beams is rated 4.89 based on 1,001 reviews