Traditional Beams Reviews

of reviewers recommend Traditional Beams
Read Traditional Beams Reviews

Tell us how Traditional Beams made you happy
It’s good quality but a rip off. We ordered a 6x3 beam but ended up with a 5x2.5 one. This is hidden away in their FAQs which I’ve only just seen and isn’t made clear when making a purchase unless you read that section. It’s basically to get you to order a bigger version (costs more) so you get the actual size you want. Just cut it to the size we’ve ordered and up your prices a little! Now I’ll have to lose my £14 postage from you, pay to post it back which will be expensive and pay another £14 postage for a new one plus the extra cost for a bigger beam!
Hello Simon,

I am sorry to hear you think the beams are a rip off, we put a lot of effort into making our beams and think they are priced very fairly and competitively.

The size beam you order is the starting size... is cut to the correct size and then it is machined, planed and sanded which can result in sizes being approximate to 1/2 an inch depending on how much work needs doing to each beam. Although you say this is only apparent in the FAQ's this is actually high up in the description of the product and in bright red writing. It is also emphasised again in the 'important' section at the bottom of the description. Perhaps you didn't read the full description before ordering? I have attached a screenshot of both to the review. We try to be as transparent a possible with the product our customers are buying.

Many thanks
Rebecca
Beam arrived with no bracket to fix. Contacted company who apologised and said they would send out in the post. A week later and still not here so have had to contact them for a second time. Beam itself if very nice but not much use on the floor.
Firstly, thank-you for your feedback.

I'm very sorry for this oversight on our part initially. We are very busy at this time of year and inevitably mistakes can happen from time to time. I have relayed the feedback to our packaging team.

We dispatched the brackets with Royal Mail 1st class the very same day so it's very disappointing to hear that they didn't arrive. You're second pair is on it's way and should be with you in the next few days with my hermes.

Many thanks,