Traditional Beams Reviews

of reviewers recommend Traditional Beams
Read Traditional Beams Reviews

Tell us how Traditional Beams made you happy
The beams are a great improvement to my feature log burner. Definitely recommend
Hi Kyle, thanks for your feedback and recommendation we are thrilled our Beam has improved your Log Burner, please let us know what we could have done better to get the full 5 stars.
Very good product. Just what we wanted
Hi Andrew, thanks for your review, we are glad we managed to supply you with exactly what you were looking for - please let us know what we could have done differently to achieve a full 5 star :)
Absolutely gorgeous, quality stained pine floating shelves, complete with all the equipment for fitting. We're so happy with how they look on the wall. Only negative was that one of the pre-drilled holes for fitting it into the wall wasn't quite at the same level as the other so was a challenge to get it straight.
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 31st August 2020
Hi Ellie, thanks for leaving us a review and sending a photo - they look fab! Sorry to hear 1 of your pre-drilled holes wasn't quite the same level if you got in touch we would have accepted them back and rectified this issue for you but glad to hear you managed. Thanks for shopping with Traditional Beams!
Really nice product supplied with quality fixings
Thanks for your review, we are glad you are happy with your product and found our fixings to be good quality - please do let us know if there is anything we can improve on to achieve the full 5 stars!
No problem with the quality of the product, slightly disappointed with the colour of the finish, it’s darker than we thought. I did ask prior to purchase for samples or swatches, but none where available. Still looks nice though 😀
Hi Alan, thanks for your feedback - we are delighted you are happy with the quality of your product. We are sorry to hear you were a bit disappointed with your colour finish, our offices are still closed due to Covid19 so are unable to send samples at the moment, however you were emailed our colour chart which gives a good indication of our colour range, we do also have a returns policy. Overall we are glad you are happy with your item and you may find it might lighten up a bit time
There was a slight hiccup with our order but it was resolved and we are really pleased with our 3 floating shelves.
Would use Traditional Beams again in the future.
Great service, thank you David
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 1st August 2020 Traditional Beams 4 star review on 1st August 2020
Hi Helen, thank you for your lovely photos our floating shelves look lovely :) Please ensure you use your 10% discount code when you do return! We look forward to hearing from you in the future
I absolutely love my oak beam mantle. It looks fantastic.
Hi Helen, thanks for your feedback we are delighted you love your Oak Beam, please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve our service to get our full 5 stars :)
Great set of shelves, the rugger brown finish looks good on a white wall. Only issue is the brackets are not all uniform - this adds to the rustic effect but can be a bit off-putting when installing the shelves! Good communication on order progress throughout.
Hello Daniel, Thank you for your review, I'm pleased you like the finish of the shelves. Sorry to hear you thought the brackets were not uniform. I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this however I thought I should let you know the brackets are adjustable to level the shelf if this is what you mean. If you need more information on how they work please let me know. Thanks
Very good quality
Hello Shane, Thanks for the review. We are pleased you found the shelf good quality. Please do let me know if there is anything we can do to improve seen as we only got 4 stars. We are always looking to improve.
Lovely feel and looking pieces , solid and will age well
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 7th June 2020
Hi Stuart, Thanks for the review and for leaving a great photo. We love seeing our beams in situ. We would love you see you agin.
Shelves were delivered on time and when seen, they were a lovely quality of grainy oak. Look great on my kitchen walls.
Hi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am pleased they were delivered on time and that they look lovely. It would be great to know how we can improve and get 5 stars.
We've ordered some samples and have been genuinely very impressed with the Customer Service received. We look forward to purchasing our beam from Traditional Beams in the very near future.
Hello, Thank you for the review, it's great to hear you have been impressed with our service. It would be great to know what made you give only 4 stars so we know how we can improve.
oak splits but my split in my oak shelf was to large
Hello, I have taken a look at your order and can see you ordered our air dried oak shelves. It is typical for these to have cracks in them due to them being air dried and this adds to the rustic affect we try achieve with this style shelf. We do also have other shelves made from kiln dried oak which do not feature any cracks. If a crack was to be considered excessive we would be happy to take a look however I do not see any messages from you in our emails. Did you try get in touch with us regarding your issue? Many thanks, Rebeca
The beam ordered arrived within a week or so of ordering and the beam was as described on the website. I chose a beam that could be fitted to a stud wall, unfortunately I did not appreciate that the beam would be pre-drilled to 550mm spacing for the wall beams. Mine were approx 400 to 450mm spacing so was left with the choice of re drilling the fixing holes in the beam to suit or order an alternative fitting. I tried to order some brackets to match the wood chosen but they were unavailable and had no indication when they may become available again in the future. I have only given 4 stars rating as I would have thought that the website should offer the option of providing the beam spacing you desire or clearly inform you that the beam will arrive pre-drilled to 550mm centres for the wall fittings. I have however ordered another beam with a suitable fitting for my wall. The company did kindly offer to re-drill or change the fixing bracket for a cost.
Hello David,

Thank for reviewing our product. We are pleased that the beam arrived quickly and you found it to be as described. While we don't say exactly where the holes are drilled online we do state that holes are pre-drilled in the largest side of beam. We can change the location however with an email or note in the checkout with details if needed of a precise location if fitting to a stud wall. Different lengths have different amount of fixings so if you need a specific product its ways best to get in touch to check first the suitability. I'm pleased you managed to get sorted with your beam and hope you are now pleased with the final outcome.

Many thanks
Rebecca
Beam was lovely but I was hoping for a solid bracket that could be screwed to the wall rather than three separate screw bolts that have to be drilled separately. I'm a bit concerned that, if I cant get the holes for the wall plugs absolutely square the bolts wont fit into the pre-drilled holes. Havent fitted it get mind so may well be a doddle. Time will tell.
Hi Mike, Thanks for leaving us a review, we are pleased you found the beam lovely. We find that these fixings are the most cost effective and easy to install as well being adjustable after the beam is up. We have considered switching to the solid type brackets you are referring to however inevitably this would add £35-£40 to the price. Perhaps this may be something we add as an optional extra in the future. Thank you for the feedback.
Good service and reasonably priced.
Hello Neil, Thank you for the review, we are pleased you found the service good and our prices reasonable. We would love to know how we could improve to get 5 stars.
The beam is a beautiful colour with knots and cracks to make it unique. The weight of the beam is substantial but two people can install it safely. Our beam has three screws and we were able to hang on the screws at either ends but not the middle one but it’s sturdy. The beam was delivered promptly and we acclimatised it for a couple of weeks but now our dining room is complete for the Christmas holiday. Thanks Traditional Beams!
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 22nd December 2019
Hello, Thank you for leaving us a lovely review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with your beam and the way it looks. The photo looks great!
Great service, product and looks amazing. My only negative was that the size of the fixings were excessive and required heavy drilling.
Hi Jay, Thank you for the review, we are pleased you are happy with your order. As for the fixings, it is important that they are heavy duty to hold the weight of the shelf and anything else that may get put on the shelf. I notices you bought the plasterboard shelves which need to be substantial to hold the shelf onto the plasterboard wall.
Love it. Quick delivery. Great price. Looks fantastic over the real flame fire. Would definitely recommend.
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 15th November 2019
Hi Jennifer, We are pleased you are happy with your beam. It does look brilliant above your fire. We would love to know how we can improve to get 5 stars. We are always looking at ways of improving. Thanks for the review.
beautiful, fits well, above our fireplace, looks very rustic, which we wanted
the only down thing we have is original cracks started to widen, which seems to be part of the drying process
Traditional Beams 4 star review on 12th November 2019
Hi Steve, Thank you for the review and photo it looks lovely. Yes the cracks opening up slightly is part of the natural drying process and this usually happens as it acclimatises to room temperature. Please remember to gradually increase the heat of the stove over time to stop it acclimatising too fast, this will prevent the cracks from becoming excessive. We would love to know how we could get 5 stars - we are always looking at ways to improve. We are pleased you are happy with the look of it. Thanks for choosing to shop with us.
Traditional Beams is rated 4.90 based on 1,207 reviews