Traditional Beams Reviews

of reviewers recommend Traditional Beams
Read Traditional Beams Reviews

Tell us how Traditional Beams made you happy
Original bean ordered was not as advertised as was two tone colour. Replacement bean was damaged. No refund for delivery charges of £36 and I am left without a bean after 3 weeks.
Hello, I am sorry you are not happy with your order. The original beam you ordered was finished in the colour light. this means that all we did was put a clear coat of wax on the beam (no stain) the difference in colour was the natural colour variation in the oak which is not a defect and very normal, each piece is unique, however we agreed to make a replacement free of charge for you but couldn't cover the cost of the original return and reshipping cost because there were no defects with the beam. Unfortunately the second order was damaged during transit. From time to time this is inevitable and unfortunate which is why we agreed to replace the damaged beam free of charge including free shipping and free collection of the damaged beam however you turned down this service. I hope this makes sense and I am sorry for any inconvenience. Many thanks, Rebecca
I was unhappy about the way my complaint was handled. Basically I felt that I could take it or leave it. I was not really given any help at all.
I am sorry to hear you were not happy with how your complaint was handled however on this occasion the beam your received is completely normal and does look brilliant! I have attached a photo to this review for reference. The crack is in no way excessive and looks very much like photos we show online. We also state online distinguishing features can not be treated as defects. We are expects in the oak beam industry and would not send anything out that we feel is unsuitable. We do accept returns but as there is nothing wrong with the beam we would expect the return to be organised by yourself.
The beam is great, nicely finished in medium oak. Very please with it. Unfortunately let down by the courier company used (DHL). If you live in Essex, then you have a 50/50 chance of any item being delivered by them. Picked it up myself from depot in the end, 30 mile round trip. Not Traditional Beams fault but giving a quick overall experience review. Would be 5 stars otherwise.
Hello Paul, Thank you for the honest review. I am very disappointed to hear that the courier let you down. Unfortunately we are very limited to the couriers we can use due to the weight and size of the items we send out. I am pleased you're happy with your beam and that it is nicely finished.
I understand every piece of wood is different but ours looks like a new piece of oak with a split in! Nothing like (not even close) to the rustic product we ordered. We did choose a different colour to the image from the website which obviously effects the look but I think the piece we ordered resembles a piece of timer left in the racking that no one wants !! I did call but got cut off twice so thought I would take the opportunity offered to leave a review. Item was also delivered earlier than expected on the day and left behind my gate in pouring rain. Fortunately I came home at the expected delivery time to bring it in before the product became wet!
Hello David,

Thank you taking time to leave us an honest review. I am so sorry you don't feel satisfied with the product and service. It is never our intention to make customers feel this way and instead we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and a greta product.

I am shocked you mentioned about being cut off twice as we always call back if the phone line is cut off unless the number is hidden. At this time of year the phone line is very busy and we get through the calls and emails as best we can so I apologise if you struggled to get in touch with us.

Our aged oak beam as you described is a new piece of oak with cracks in - We feel we make this very clear on our website and the process it is taken through. We cut the wood, plane it, sand it and finish it. We mention that we give it a brushed finish and textured edges to give it a more rustic look which makes it different from the classic oak beam however If you were actually looking for a reclaimed oak beam then this perhaps wasn't the product for you. I should also make you aware that as the beam acclimatises to your room it will crack further.

If you send us a photo to info@traditionalbeams.com we would be happy to take a look for you as we are a little confused as to why you are so disappointed. We often get notes left at the checkout to have no cracks in the beam and notes left for us to select a more cracked beam however you didn't leave any preferences so it is very hard for us to judge what everyone wants as it is down to personal preference. We also have lots of photos on our customer homes gallery of many beams and how they look in situ.

Many thanks
Rebecca
I was very pleased with the wood beam good quality and well finished. It looks really good. Delivery was a problem nobody seemed to be able to work out what day it was being delivered. But we got it eventually well packed and undamaged. The mounting hardware that accompanied was pathetic. It was so poor I think dangerous. I had to devise and provide my own hardware.
Thank-you for taking the time to leave our company a review.

Unfortunately the courier we use does not offer a guaranteed delivery service so from time to time delivery is a day late. This is an area where we feel we've made huge improvements over the past year, we will keep customers informed throughout the process with tracking information. Our couriers will also send tracking information.

As for the concealed shelf supports supplied with your beam, these are manufactured by HAFELE, a very well respected supplier of high quality hardware. They are rated to support 35kg between 2 brackets which is more than sufficient to support your beam. I have to say we get very, very few complaints about these brackets. They are usually very effective. If you e-mail us details of how you felt the brackets were unsuitable for the application I'd be keen to take up the issue with our supplier.

Many thanks,
Freddie.
Original issue with order acknowledgement but was resolved very quickly. Product is very nice but I felt communication could have been improved. Reccomended TB check their answer machine more regularly. Product is beautiful but only forms part of the quality of service. Still a satisfied customer.
Thank-you for taking the time to leave our company a review! I'm sorry you feel like our communication wasn't as good as it could be. This is an area in particular where we feel we've made big improvements however we're not quite there yet. We'll take this feedback on board and be sure to improve moving forward!
delivered when arranged .. 10 out of 10 expected cracks in beam .. no problem there 10 out of 10 BUT .. ends of beam not cut square and also one end of beam not planed smooth so had to be cut off .. so loss of length ok for me as i have woodworking tools .. but if you are expecting a beam to be ok to be used as delivered .. forget it cheap .. but as always .. you get what you pay for
Firstly, thank-you for your feedback. We always appreciate customer taking the time to leave us feedback so we can improve our products and customer service.

We're very sorry that you weren't satisfied with the finish of your beam. The beam you purchased was a planed only beam which do require further work, sanding and finishing. This is reflected in the price. We feel that this is made clear in the item description and photo's.

If you are looking to purchase a beam that requires no further work, we would certainly advise that you go for one of our fully finished oak fireplace beams, expertly finished by ourselves.
Traditional Beams is rated 4.89 based on 844 reviews