Traditional Beams Reviews

of reviewers recommend Traditional Beams
Read Traditional Beams Reviews

Tell us how Traditional Beams made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Looks Fab , advice card for care is good ,
Hello Bruce, Thank you for the review. I'm glad the product looks fab and you liked the advise card. It would be great to know why we got 4 stars and how we can improve?
Very good beams that look great in my living room, would recommend!
Hello Luke. Thank you for the review. I'm pleased the beam looks great in your room. It would great if you could let us know how we could improve.
Shelves arrived in time and look great mounted have used some cast iron shelf brackets with them and looks great.
Hello Matthew, I'm pleased you found the shelves to arrive on time and that they look great. Thank you for choosing Traditional Beams.
nice quality oak shelf. Prompt delivery and well packaged.
Hello thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad you found the shelf to be nice quality and that it was well packaged with prompt delivery. We would love to know how we could improve? Thanks
Nice shelf . Looks good . Easy to install but needs good solud wall to fix to . Arrived on time . Would recomend . Andy.
Hello Andrew, Thank you for leaving us a review. We are thrilled you are happy with the shelf and that it arrived on time. Is there anything we could have done that would have made this a 5 Star review? We are always looking at ways to improve our service and product.
Great bean. Look fantastic
Thank you for the review. We are pleased the beam is great and it looks fantastic. I noticed you only left 4 stars, is there anything we could of done to improve your experience with us?
Quick delivery, good communication.
Hello Lynn, thank you for the lovely review. We are so glad you thought delivery was quick and our communication was good. Is there anything we could of done to make this a 5 star review? We are always looking for ways we can improve our service.
Item looks great in room.
Hello David, Thank you leaving us a review. I'm glad that your item looks great in your room. Is there anything we could of done to improve your experience with us? We are always looking to improve. Many thanks, The Traditional Beams Team.
Very happy with my oak beam, good wrapping and protection delivered on time
Hello Peter, We are so happy that your pleased with your beam and the way we wrapped it. Thank you for shopping with us.
The beam is beautiful but a darker colour than you would expect from the picture, even taking into account the expected differences between pieces of wood.
Hello Thank you for your honest review. We are glad you think the beam is beautiful. We are sorry you were not 100% happy with the colour. We try our utmost to have our photos be as accurate as possible and also share customer photos for this reason.
Competitively priced, good quality service and products
The beam was delivered well wrapped in the timescales stated with clear notification of dispatch and estimated delivery day, though it is a shame UPS can't give estimated times like other delivery companies. Once unwrapped, we were very impressed by the appearance of the beam. As per the guidance, we left it in the room for two weeks (well almost), before fitting it. Fitting was a challenge. The keystone fixings were each slightly different distances apart requiring a spreadsheet to calculate where all the holes needed to go. Each fixing was also a slightly different distance from the bottom of the beam requiring more precise measurements and calculations about where to put the holes vertically. The instructions say once you have fitted the screws to lift the beam onto the screws - easier said than done! I can't think of a simple way to make this easier, but it was quite difficult to install. We couldn't get it on at all with the screws at the recommended protusion of quarter of an inch, so had to move out to 3/8 of an inch (I'd had to use longer screws anyway due to our chimney breast being covered in dot and dab plasterboard), which was still pretty tricky but we finally got it up. We are very happy with the final result. It looks very nice above our fireplace.
Hello Martin,
Thank you for your honest review of Traditional Beams. We are pleased you got your beam on time and that it was wrapped well, however apologise that our delivery company couldn't offer an ETA on the actual day. We would also love to offer this service to our customers. We are thrilled your beam is finally up and that you are happy with the final result. It does look great! Thank you for the picture.

I would like to apologise that you felt the fitting was a challenge, we normally find so many people finding it easy to fit so this was a surprise. We are sorry the holes were not drilled as the same distance from the end of the beam. We will take all your comment into consideration to improve our level of service and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If we could be of any more help don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
Lovely beam - real future of our home!
Hi Simon, Thank you for leaving us a great review. We are glad you think the beam is lovely. It would be great to know what we could do to improve this experience for you which would give us 5 stars?
Purchased shelves and fireplace beam, medium oak finish, very impressed with quality and delivered on time, will be getting more in the future.
Hi Jon, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled you were very impressed with the quality of your shelves and beam and that it was delivered on time. We would love to see you again. Can I ask why we lost a star in your rating if you were very happy? We would love to know what we could do better next time? Thank you
Very good quality brick slips that give off a very rustic feel
Hi David, Thank you for reviewing our brick slips. We are thrilled you are happy with the look of them!
Great selection, dispatches very quickly and good quality when it arrived. Very easy to fix as well. Yodel struggled to deliver it (two attempts with cards left despite someone being in the property on both occaisons) and in the end we found the beam lent outside of our front door when we came back from a weekend away (despite leaving instructions to leave it at the back gate or with a neighbour). The card said that the beam was left with a completely different neighbour than the one we requested. Not Traditional Beams' fault I'm sure, but disappointing nonetheless.
Hello.
We are very glad you love you beam and found there to be a great selection. Thanks for leaving us a review.
I am sorry about the service you had with Yodel, it is very disappointing to hear that they were like this for you.
Fantastic product and a very good company to deal with. I have been waiting a while to review as I have been waiting to see how the products hold up and I can confirm they are of an excellent standard. I had some trouble with the first delivery which I had to reject due to damage but this was the couriers fault. But very pleased indeed with the end result and would definitely use again.
Hi Dave, Thanks for leaving us a great review. We apologise again that the delivery company damaged your first beam. We are very pleased you found the second beam to be of excellent standard. Thanks again.
Good quality, quick delivery & easy to install.
Hi Kevin, Thank for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy you found your beam good quality and easy to install. Hopefully next time we can get 5 stars! Thanks.
The beam is good, but with a slight nick on the back top edge which was sharp and could show slightly once beam in situ. Without this nick, I would have given 5 stars. Otherwise everything was good and delivery was on time.
Hi Derek, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. As each beam is a natural product each one is unique and varies in regards to cracks, knots and other distinguishing natural features.
I ordered a rustic tradition beam online once I had checked with the company as to ordering the correct stained beam. It was delivered within the week. It was well packaged, the beam was of good quality and just what we wanted. Fixing screws also came with the beam and included fitting instruction. It was good value for money.
Hi John,
Thanks for sharing your great experience with us! We are thrilled you are happy with your beam and the ordering process. We would love to see you again.
Traditional Beams is rated 4.89 based on 951 reviews