Traditional Beams Reviews

of reviewers recommend Traditional Beams
Read Traditional Beams Reviews

Tell us how Traditional Beams made you happy
Ann Alexander
Beautiful beam - matches my furniture exactly & finishes the fire perfectly. Prompt delivery & fixtures were excellent
Hello Ann, We are so pleased that your beam arrived promptly and fixings were excellent. We are so glad that it matches the rest of your furnitures and finishes off your fireplace. We love hearing a great feedback like this so thank you. We would love to see you again.
Linda Wood
Brilliant service an product ! So happy with the quality im beaming!!!!!
Hello Linda, thank you for leaving us a review. Your fireplace looks amazing. I am so pleased that you are happy with your beam. It's lovely seeing our customers so happy. We would love to see you again.
Edward Dukes
I was very happy with the choice and quality of the product. We literally looked at a few choices, found something we loved the look of and then clicked buy. Within 7 days it was here and looking just as amazing as on the website. Very happy and will defo use again
Hello Edward, Thank you for the lovely review and the great photo. Your beam looks great in situ. We are thrilled you found the ordering process straight forward. We would love to see you again.
Stephen Ellis
The Beam arrived as indicated and was very well packed. Supplied with all the fixtures & fitted needed. Clear and easy to follow instructions. From unwrapping, fitting and tidy up in less than an hour. We are more than pleased with the Beam :)
Thank you for another great review Stephen and thank you for sharing the lovely photo, your beam looks great. We are thrilled you are pleased.
with the oak beam.
JUNE GORMAN
Delighted with my oak fireplace beam, it looks exactly how I imagined, very pleased and a great price with instructions and fittings included. Thank you.
Hello June, Thank you sharing your photo of your beam, it looks brilliant. We are pleased you are happy with your order. We would love to see you again.
Magdalena Menzies
I would like to say a big Thank You for my new yet traditional looking beam. It's great quality and beautifully finished. I have not found a single fault with it. The delivery was great, you followed the instructions. The beam was carefully packed. To supply the fittings was just a great surprise. So the beam is up, and I believe quite happy in its new home like the very happy owner of it. To purchase a product like this online, is a bit of a gamble, however you have ticked all the boxes. Keep up the great work and service. All the best.
Hello Magdalena, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are thrilled you were happy with your experience at Traditional Beams. We love to read reviews like this. We welcome you back to Traditional Beams any time in the future! Thank you for also sharing a beautiful photo of your beam. It looks great.
Hannah Shipway
Fantastic quality. Really pleased with how it looks above our fireplace
Hello Hannah, Thank you so much for the lovely review and for sharing your photo. Your beam looks lovely! We are thrilled you are happy with your beam.
Fiona Potkins
I love my new beam! I chose the Jacobean aged oak beam for a mantelpiece. It arrived quickly, very well packaged and looked great, full of character. I couldn't have chosen better if I had picked it myself. Thank you 😊
Hello Fiona, You are very welcome! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this brilliant review. We are thrilled you are happy with your beam and you think we did a great job selecting a piece of oak for you. We would love to see you again.
Jen
We have just installed our new oak beam mantle and we couldn't be more pleased! The fittings were great and the instructions clear and easy to follow. The beam looks lovely and the quality is beautiful. The information on the website was clear and helpful and I was so pleased with the quick delivery as it meant I have been able to get my beam in place ready to enjoy over Christmas! I highly recommend this company and will be ordering shelves to match my beam in the new year. Many thanks!
Hello Jen, Thank you so much for this lovely review and such a great photo. We love seeing our oak beams up in situ, especially when decorated for Christmas. We are so pleased your happy with the beam and with the fitting method. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hanna Schaub
Very happy with my beam! Looks great
Hello Hanna, Thank you so much for your lovely review and for sharing the picture, it looks lovely! We would love to see you again.
Hazel
Very, very happy with our lovely beam, it has made such a difference to our fireplace, where the ex-owners of our house ripped out its personality we have given it back its heart.
Hello Hazel, Thank you for sharing. We agree with you, this looks lovely. We are so pleased you are happy with your beam. Thanks for shopping at Traditional Beams. We would love to see you again.
Gavin Evans
Fantastic service, website very clear and easy to pick the beam you require. Quick turn around and delivery spot on. Beam was packaged so it would not get damaged in transit. Very happy how beam was worked and stained. The only negative was that it was only supplied with 2 fixings, because of the weight I added a 3rd that required me drilling the beam myself. 5* well done
Hi Gavin. Many thanks for sharing a lovely and honest review. We are so pleased you found the website easy to use and that our delivery was fast for you. We are also pleased you found the beam to be worked and stained very well. We will also take your comment into consideration about the fixings however we do use manufacturers guidelines with how many to supply as per weight of the beam. Once beams go over a certain weight 3 are then supplied. Thank you for shopping with us.
Heather Collins
I’ve wanted floating shelves for ages but was unable to find the thickness and quality. Fortunately I found Traditional Beams via the internet and am thrilled with my purchase - they look great! Delivery time was also excellent - ordered and up within a week!
Hello Heather, Thank you for leaving us a review. The shelves look amazing and fit in great with everything else in the photo! They really do look lovely. We are thrilled you found the quality to be great and that they were delivered promptly ready to be installed quickly! We would love to deal with you again.
Rob Williams
Bought a facia beam for fireplace opening, looks absolutely stunning. 10/10
Absolutely lovely picture Rob! Thank you for sharing this with us and taking the time to leave us a review. Much appreciated.
Verified Buyer
Really impressed with our beam that is now pride of place as our mantle piece. Fantastic quality.
Hello, We are thrilled you love your beam, it really does look great in the picture you shared. Thank you for sharing!
Verified Reviewer
Ordering was easy. Our beam arrived a week later. We went for a shaped beam, 3.5 feet wide and finished in Danish Oil. Putting it up was pretty straightforward, even for a duffer like me. It is a fabulous beam and has transformed our fireplace. Can not recommend Traditional Beams high enough.
Thank you so much for the pleasant review. We love to hear great feedback like this! We are glad you found fitting your oak beam straight forward and that it transformed your fireplace. It does look great in the photo!
Lucinda Robinson
A lovely addition to a newly renovated kitchen it looks fantastic. Well packaged and come with everything you need to hang it, including detailed instructions of how to measure where the holes need drilling. Really good quality and exactly what we wanted. Would definitely recommend using Traditional Beams. Thanks!
Hi Lucinda, Thanks for leaving another great review and for the picture this time! It looks fab! Thank you for shopping with Traditional Beams. We would be more than happy to deal with you again.
Martin Hogan
Excellent product arrived on time, easy fixing saved no end of time Thank you
Hello Martin, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and also share your lovely photos, the beam looks great! We are so glad your pleased with it! We would love to deal with you again.
Hi Martin, We are so glad you found the beam excellent and easy to install, saving you time! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and share some picture, it looks great!
Chris Green
We wanted the look and feel of natural wood in our kitchen, and came to Traditional Beams for ideas. We ordered the fascia, as we didn't want a full shelf, and it arrived 5 days later, perfectly wrapped, in great condition, with instructions on how to put it up, and maintain it when on the wall. It went up no issue, and looks perfect, as the picture shows. The service from Traditional Beams was quick and things were delivered perfectly. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others!
Hello Chris, Thank you for this great review! We are so please your love your fascia beam and you found the service was great. Thank you for sharing your picture it looks great. We would love to see you again.
Martin Price
The beam was delivered well wrapped in the timescales stated with clear notification of dispatch and estimated delivery day, though it is a shame UPS can't give estimated times like other delivery companies. Once unwrapped, we were very impressed by the appearance of the beam. As per the guidance, we left it in the room for two weeks (well almost), before fitting it. Fitting was a challenge. The keystone fixings were each slightly different distances apart requiring a spreadsheet to calculate where all the holes needed to go. Each fixing was also a slightly different distance from the bottom of the beam requiring more precise measurements and calculations about where to put the holes vertically. The instructions say once you have fitted the screws to lift the beam onto the screws - easier said than done! I can't think of a simple way to make this easier, but it was quite difficult to install. We couldn't get it on at all with the screws at the recommended protusion of quarter of an inch, so had to move out to 3/8 of an inch (I'd had to use longer screws anyway due to our chimney breast being covered in dot and dab plasterboard), which was still pretty tricky but we finally got it up. We are very happy with the final result. It looks very nice above our fireplace.
Hello Martin,
Thank you for your honest review of Traditional Beams. We are pleased you got your beam on time and that it was wrapped well, however apologise that our delivery company couldn't offer an ETA on the actual day. We would also love to offer this service to our customers. We are thrilled your beam is finally up and that you are happy with the final result. It does look great! Thank you for the picture.

I would like to apologise that you felt the fitting was a challenge, we normally find so many people finding it easy to fit so this was a surprise. We are sorry the holes were not drilled as the same distance from the end of the beam. We will take all your comment into consideration to improve our level of service and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If we could be of any more help don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
Verified Buyer
I was quite hesitant to purchase a beam online but I was pleasantly surprised. It is well made and looks beautiful. I love the characteristic marks. Very happy with the quality and price paid. Cannot wait to see it up in the wall.
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and also share your photo! :D We love to see happy customers. Be sure to send another photo when it's up. We would love to see you again.
Emily Shute
Absolutely love my new beam. Such a great price for an amazing item. Exactly what we wanted. Most shops wanted triple the price and the items were not at all authentic as the one we have got. Thanks so much, will definitely recommend you to family and friends.
Hello Emily, Thank you for sharing this brilliant photo and thank you for leaving us a great review. The beam looks fantastic above your stove! We are so pleased you are happy with the your beam and the price you paid. We would love to see you again.
James Matthewson
Fantastic beam! Quality is emense!! Makes a fantastic feature in our room. Easy to install as well. Clear instructions and all parts to fit. Fast delivery as well. Thanks very much!!
Hello James, Wow, your beam does look fantastic in your room! Fits in beautifully. We are so glad you found the quality immense and the instructions clear. Thanks for shopping with us. We would love to deal with you again.
David Juner
Excellent service and an excellent product.
Hi David, Thank you for your great review. We are pleased you found the service and product excellent.
Eve Haynes
We ordered a fireplace beam to replace our plastic fire surround and we love it! Lots of choice for the wood stain so we could pick something that would go with the new wallpaper! Photo attached (decorating not finished yet!) would recommend!!
Hello Eve,
Thank you sharing this great review as well as sharing the picture. The beam works really well with your fireplace, it looks fantastic! I hope you can also send us another picture once its fully decorated as I can image its going to look brilliant and it would be lovely to see the finished result! We are so glad you love the beam. Thank you for shopping with us. We would love to deal with you again. Enjoy!
Verified Buyer
The oak beam looks great above the wood burner: exactly how I imagined it should look. Thank you very much!
Thank you for this kind review. We are so happy that the beam is what you expected. We think your fireplace looks amazing! Enjoy.
Verified Buyer
I was extremely happy and satisfied with my recent purchase from Traditional Beams. This company were very helpful and accommodating in sorting out a problem with the first beam I ordered..... which was my fault, not theirs. I received a replacement beam in double quick time and it was exactly what I wanted, truly stunning. Came with fittings which were very easy to use...according to the guy with the drill who put it up for me. I would have liked to included a picture which shows it off with the fire on and the mantle dressed, but I couldn’t wait..so use your imagination as to how good it will look in the winter with a roaring fire, fairy lights and one or two tasteful and strategically placed ornaments.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review, it means a lot. We are so pleased that your are extremely happy and satisfied with your beam and we would love to deal with you again. Your beam looks absolutely stunning in the picture and I can just imagine it with the fire burning away! Thank you for buying from Traditional Beams! :)
Dave Aldridge
Fantastic product and a very good company to deal with. I have been waiting a while to review as I have been waiting to see how the products hold up and I can confirm they are of an excellent standard. I had some trouble with the first delivery which I had to reject due to damage but this was the couriers fault. But very pleased indeed with the end result and would definitely use again.
Hi Dave, Thanks for leaving us a great review. We apologise again that the delivery company damaged your first beam. We are very pleased you found the second beam to be of excellent standard. Thanks again.
Richard Kidd
Traditional Beams was incredibly easy to use, and supplied our beam quicker than expected. We called for advice before sleecting what we wanted, and the staff were friendly and helpful. Once it arrived, it was easy to put up for any level of DIYer, and we are really happy with it. I also think the price was perfectly reasosable, and as such felt no reason to shop around. All in all, very pleased.
Hi Richard, Thank you for sharing your experience with Traditional Beams. We are so happy you found your product and the service we provided great. And thank you for sharing a photo to! We love to see our products in use and your fireplace looks great! We would love to deal with you again.
Hello Richard,
Thanks for using us and taking the time to leave a great review about our product and service. Thanks for also sharing a photo. We love seeing our beams in use and yours looks brilliant! We would love to deal with you again.
Brenda Pratt
Lovely wood. Delivered within a few days of ordering.
Hello Branda, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and also send us a great image of your beam. It looks fantastic! We would love to see you again.
Traditional Beams is rated 4.89 based on 899 reviews