Toys R Us Reviews

20% of reviewers recommend Toys R Us

How would you rate Toys R Us?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

30 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Dale
2 disgraceful rude managers just kicking me out after I ask refund....

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Toys R Us in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"2 disgraceful rude managers just kicking me out after I ask refund...."
"Toys R Us is an absolute shambles of a company. Ordered two items. One item delivered to the wrong address and then turned out to be the wrong item. Other item I was told I could not have as they were out of stock even though I could still add it to my basket online after they told me it was out of stock. Then had to use the ridiculous ticket system to sort out redelivery of the original item that they sent out wrong. No way to talk to an actual human on the phone. Absolutely ridiculous. The redelivery got lost in the post and it has taken me days to get someone from the customer service team to actually reply to me to tell me the redelivery was lost in the post. And then to top it all off I am a student and am only home for Christmas and will not be here to accept a third redelivery attempt, so asked for it to be sent to a different address. But no, Toys R Us are even incapable of printing out a new shipping label with a new address to stick on my parcel. Literally the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Be warned. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS INCOMPETENT COMPANY THEY WILL MESS EVERYTHING UP."
Joanne Bramley
Unverified Reviewer
"I reserved a quad bike as I've been in hospital for 2 weeks as my little boy has leukaemia so I was picking up Xmas eve. I then get a phone call to say it's notavailable and sold. I buy all my Xmas presents for my kids from you butnot anymore bloody disgusting ..."
"Ordered my daughter a bike and 4 weeks later still not received it. Happy to take my money but not delivered the goods! And now you say no longer in stock! Very disappointing!"
"Ordered a bed. Parts missing, Toys R Us extremely unhelpful. Numerous e-mails and phone calls to no avail. Staff rude at times. Very disappointed. Will be returning bed and have had to buy another one from Amazon."
"Today I bought from Toys R Us some presents for my son’s birthday, one of which was an office stamp. At the till I noticed that the stamp was faulty. The customer assistant asked me to go into the store and look for a stamp that is working, to replace the faulty one. I did that and found another product, but at the till I checked it and it had the same problem as the first one. The same customer assistant from the till didn’t wait for me to check the product and closed the receipt. After checking the product, at the till, I asked for a refund. The customer assistant directed me to the customer service to receive the refund. At the customer service desk they asked for my personal details (name, address, phone number) in order to give me a refund, which I didn’t agree to give because I paid with a card, so I refused. I asked to speak with a manager to sort out the problem, but the manager was rude and the reply was that “this is our private policy, you’re not allowed to see it and if you don’t give us the details, we will not refund you”. I find it unprofessional and even illegal to be asked for my personal details for a refund, considering that the payment was made 2 minutes before with a card. I am really disappointed of the offered services of Toys R Us Southampton and I will not be shopping there again. I’ll redirect my Christmas shopping for my children somewhere else and I will not be recommending this shop to anyone again. You lost a customer, and even more."
"rubbish customer service!!!"
"We visited the Stockport store yesterday and purchased a Silver Cross Pioneer travel system for our daughter and son in law's first baby...not due to arrive until January, so we chose to use the scheme which would enable us to leave the items in store until needed. It's a great deal with the car seat free. We had done a lot of research but had missed another great deal elsewhere which offered not only the car seat but the pushchair liner and nappy changing bag to match too. I rang the store the next morning to see if they could do anything about this. They were brilliant and Danielle from their baby department who had served us the day before, sorted it and price matched...great customer service Danielle... Happy new mum and dad to be and happy Grandparents!"
Mrs Blaylock
Verified Reviewer
"The service my son and I recieved from Callum in the Carlisle store was superb he was extremely helpful and went out of his way to help my son with his purchase price matching and giving great advice."
"All looked good on the web site. An "instant" text message that the product was reserved with a promise of a message "within 29 mins" to say it was ready. 29 minutes became 45 minutes, still ok. At the store there's just a small notice to say collect at "Babys r us Information point" no directions. At the ed of Babys r us there is an information point and a collection point. The collection point says collect at the information point. No staff at either, but several customers. Eventually someone arrives and looks disparagingly. "This is not the collection point" he says. You need to be at the Information point. We point out the large sign saying Information Point." Obviously we are really stupid. "Not this information point the babys r us information point. It's round the corner that way, It's a bit hidden and it doesn't have much of a sign..." Go round the corner, it's still not obvious. Eventually another staff member points to a small till and then finds the goods and send us off to the checkout. I'm left feeling that Toys R Us want us to shop at Amazon in future., I will not be back."
"I wont recommend. I ordered a Fiat500 motorised car for daughter's birthday with named delivery. It didnt arrive on time, and when we finally got it...so many missing parts. very disappointing!"
"Most of the time they have very rude and nasty staff.They are very unprofessional and moody.They are only interested for your money and if you have any problem with goods bought from their stores they would not try to help or to resolve anyting. They treat their customers very badly and nobody from ToysRus trying to do anything about this ongoing issue.Very disappointing! Shame for UK"
"So today i went to the store with my son, who wanted to buy an electric car which you can sit in. So i said that he can try them out can see which one he like, this led to a EXTREMELY rude member of staff called Danny to say 'kid what are you doing, get off' in the most ignorant tone. This led my son to cry. So toys, sort out your staff or you'll lose thousands of customers do to your Danny's....."
E Child Height
Verified Reviewer
"Visited store today to make toy and car seat purchase. I was unable to find staff on shop floor as I was unable to find toy...upon finding staff who showed me what I was hoping to buy I was appalled that a £25.00 soft toy looked as though they had been thrown on the shelf and were not protected by packaging... I then decided to go and get my Grandson a car seat for my car .. I asked a member of staff if I was able to have product knowledge on the seats ...to be told if I didn't know the Weight of the child they couldn't help....Toys r us take an example from Halfords and provide scales and height chart along with great customer service"
"Most horrible retailer that i ever experienced! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! MISLEADING COMMUNICATION AND PRICE OFFERS, TERRIBLE SIMPLY STUPID MANAGER ON DUTY AT PRIORY LANE (LONDON) STORE AND TO TOP IT ALL UP WHEN I CALLED NATIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE - ALL THEY DID TO CORRECT THEIR MISTAKES WAS TO TAKE MY NUMBER, BUT NOBODY ACTUALLY CONTACTED ME BACK WITH ONLY OUTCOME A CHARGE FOR SPECIAL ACCESS NUMBER ON MY PHONE BILL!!!!"
Martin Jackson
Verified Reviewer
"Toys R Us and the 4 months of hell and disappointment IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS REVIEW IS NOT BASED ON ALL 'TOYS R US' STAFF AND IS REFLECTIVE ONLY OF THE MANAGEMENT, CUSTOMER SERVICES AND THEIR COMMUNICATION AND MANAGEMENT OF THE SITUATION. First, let me begin by saying this is a very long story. I will save you the burden of reading the essay that follows by putting it into a few points; • The Milton Keynes Toys R Us management staff mislead me • There is a major issue of miscommunication between Milton Keynes Toys R Us staff • The whole process of dealing with customers in a proactive and positive way is mute and not of consideration by customer service staff • Customer services do not communicate well with each other and do not take relevant information sent to them into consideration • You are ignored • You the customer are made to feel at fault and to blame • There is little empathy, consideration for the efforts made or reasons behind requests • Toys R Us let my students, my school and me down at the end of 2016 and they did it a second time at the start of 2017. If you want to know more, please do read on. I am being honest and true about what happened and hope that you, the Toys R Us customer, manages to make their own mind up about the company and how it works. In no way am I saying ‘never set foot in there again!’ I am simply telling you about the hell they have caused me and my school since October 2016. So, here we go… It all started with a trip to my local Milton Keynes store. Here, I saw a feature wall based on ‘Captain America Civil War’. It was a stunner. Simply amazing. Now, I am a teacher of art and graphics and I believe that as a teacher, it is my job to inspire, excite and encourage my pupils in different ways. I have spent many years gradually building a collection of resources that are based on my subjects. These include many cardboard standees, point of sale items and posters. I usually go to supermarkets and shops to see what they will give my school. Many are free, some I have had to pay for. You need to understand that a lot of these standees and point of sale items end up in the bin. But why can’t a school use them to inspire their pupils? This is often my point when I talk to the companies and many like my local Sainsbury’s, Odeon, ASDA and others are fantastic contributors. I am amazed at what they offer my school. And these are always for educational purposes. Due to copyright, they are not allowed to be sold. This is clearly understood. So, I saw the Captain America feature wall and thought that this would be a stand out piece in my department that the pupils would love to see. This is the short version of what happened next; • Talked to customer services and asked if my school could have the display • Told by THE MANAGER of the store that they do not own it and that I had to contact marvel who were responsible for coming in to take it down • Many members of staff at the store are aware of my schools interest in the feature wall. Even a current student who works there has talked to staff about it and asked me about it too • Contacted Marvel on 5/10/16. No response so contacted DISNEY who own Marvel. • 6/10/16 and 7/10/16 talked to Disney about the feature wall and its use. They would get back to me. • 12/10/16 Disney are looking into it. • 14/10/16 Disney themselves say YES, we can use it in school! • 14/10/16 Go into the Milton Keynes store and it is gone. Where is the 20 ft by 10ft display? No one knows. But, earlier that day, I had spoken to the manager just to make sure that it was there. She said it was and was available to me and my school. • 15/10/16 I get a call from the assistant manager who says that the display, that was saved for my school as so many staff knew of us wanting it, was ‘destroyed’ earlier in the week. • So here comes the confusion….how can such a large display go ‘missing’, staff not know about its whereabouts and staff not communicating with each other about the schools wish to use it and Disney’s acknowledgment that we could (they contacted head office to give their permission, something Toys R Us deny)? This is something I have fought to understand for months but have got nowhere. We will continue; • 19/10/16 Toys R Us customer services are ignoring me. They do not respond to my emails regarding the destruction of the display. • 22/10/16 Toys R Us are STILL ignoring me. They don’t respond to two emails sent again asking why this could happen and why there was so little communication between staff at the Milton Keynes store. • It is at this point that a message is sent to me that makes no sense and ignores (that word again) my questions. I ask for clarity (24/10/16) but they simply send the exact same email again, copy and pasted. • It is obvious that what started as a lack of communication at the store is now a full on company wide lack of communication. • 28/10/16 Toys R Us are ignoring my emails asking what is going on and whether or not another ‘Captain America’ wall is available? • 31/10/16 They still won’t answer my questions but they ‘recognise my disappointment’. • 3/11/16 They offer my school a ‘goodwill gesture’ of a Batman display or a Star wars one. Now, this is important because in my response, I mention that my school would like the Batman one ‘now’ and we will wait for the Star Wars one as they don’t know when it would come down. So I clearly mention we want BOTH. They do not question this. • 6/11/16 Toys R Us are ignoring me again and won’t respond. • 8/11/16 Toys R Us are ignoring me again and won’t respond. I point out, again, that my school would like BOTH the Batman and Star Wars displays. There is NO indication from customer services that we can’t. No one says no. • They ignore me again. • And again. • 9/11/16 They ask for my contact details so the store manager can deal with me directly. It is at this time though that I find something out. And it is going to be put in capitals as it is a major part of the issue; DISNEY DID NOT OWN THE WALL. DISNEY DID NOT MAKE THE WALL. TOYS R US OWNED THE WALL AND MADE THE WALL. I DID NOT HAVE TO ASK MARVEL/ DISNEY FOR PERMISSION, I NEEDED TO ASK IN STORE! THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT TOYS R US TOLD ME! • This is part of an email I received from DISNEY; "When you contacted us with your query, we reached out to the Toys R Us head office to grant permission to the Milton Keynes staff that you can take any of the Disney, Marvel or Star Wars displays from the store at the staff's discretion. We unfortunately do not produce these POS units ourselves and therefore don't have any that we could provide you directly with. Toys R Us are printing these displays themselves…” • So, we now have Toys R Us telling me one thing about the ownership and who should be giving permission to use it. They misled me. Toys R Us Milton Keynes staff misled me and it is this that started much of the problems (and the individual member of staff who gave permission to bin the wall) • 13/11/16 Toys R Us still aren’t willing to answer my questions that now relate to the ownership of the wall and why I was misled by staff at the MK store. • I go into the store at around this time to collect the Batman display. This is a quarter of the size of the Captain America wall. I mention to the MANAGER again that we would be waiting for the Star Wars display once it is finished with. This is all done professionally and politely. • 15/11/16 Again, Toys R Us won’t answer my questions on the ownership. • 17/11/16 Oh what a surprise, Toys R Us won’t answer my questions. • OK, so Christmas comes and goes and I go into store to find out about the Star Wars display. • 9/1/17 I email Toys R Us mentioning again the Star Wars display (the third time). • 10/1/17 They reply but again, ignore my comments and questions about the Star wars display. • Toys R Us then GO BACK on their goodwill gesture and refuse to let my school have the Star Wars display. They make it sound as though it is all my fault (in that I wanted it investigated why this happened) • I speak to the director of customer services who must have apologised a number of times for the ‘disappointment’ but simply would not listen to my comments. He wanted a line drawn under the whole matter, he said that Toys R Us have moved on and that no material would be passed on the any third parties and that included me. I said that an end to it all is exactly what I wanted, and the Star Wars display was it, but he disagreed. He made it clear that nothing was going to be given (so actually going back on their ‘goodwill gesture’) and that the matter is technically ‘closed’. So that is it. I mentioned quite clearly that I would be making my ‘disappointment’ heard and that how I have been managed as a customer was disgusting. At the end of the day, all I wanted was to give my pupils a new and exciting resource. Claiming that I had been given the ‘Batman’ one out of good will is a joke. This is nothing compared to the Captain America nor the Star Wars displays and they know it. They just don’t care about it. They do not care that I have fought and fought to get my students something no other school has, to give them something exciting and inspirational. I have had to apologise not once, but twice now for Toys R Us and their communication, their management of the whole situation and their total lack of empathy."
"purchased a stunt scooter for my son for christmas , on Christmas day when we put the item together with a very exited son who thinks santa has delivered exactly what he asked for, we found the item had clearly at some point been used as there was damaged on the base scratches on the bar and a dirt on the base. The response we had was what date is suitable to collect the item, my response was that this is not ideal as I couldn't tell my son he couldn't use the scooter if you want to collect I need it replaced asap or we would have been satisfied with a small compensation as it was not a new item. They offerd a £10 voucher to spend with them!! I'm sorry but if you had only said we will refund you £10 and said how sorry you were that item was not in the condition it should have been in, but you called it a gesture of good will!! Which basically makes me feel incredibly annoyed as this implies I don't have a justified complaint, when you sent me a used item!!!! This has remained a topic of discussion among my friends who interstingly have their own dissatisfied stories,, oh how easily you could have satisfied a customer and failed."
"Fed Ex lost my shipment which contained my 8 year old sons Christmas gifts from toys r us. I was so sad my son wouldn't have any gifts. The customer service person I spoke to at fed ex was very rude, when I asked how I would be compensated for what was lost he said take it up with toys r us. I went in to toys r us and the amazing store manager gave me all the gifts that fed ex lost and said he would take care of dealing with them. Amazing store and amazing store manager."
"The young boy jack was so helpful got me what I needed took to check out and even to my car for me perfect."
"I reserved an In The Night Garden Pinky Ponk toy using their Click and Collect service at the Stockport store. I received an email and text with the reservation number which was great as I didn't need to print anything to take with me. When I arrived at the store I asked at the front desk where to go for Click and Collect and they kindly directed me to the correct desk. I went over to the Click and Collect desk where I waited 15 minutes for someone to come along to serve me. A man came along and asked what I was there for and I explained I had reserved an item and he said 'OK I'll be back in a minute' - that was the last I saw of this man. Around 5 minutes later another man came along to serve me so I gave him the reservation number and he went to get the toy. He came back with a Ninky Nonk toy. I explained that this was not the correct toy. He was not impressed by this so he went and printed my order and asked if it was the correct name, which it was, then he said you have reserved a pinky ponk and showed me the order. So I said yes but the toy you have given me is a Ninky Nonk. He then said that they were the same thing so I said that they are not and I already had a Ninky Nonk for my son. He argued that I was wrong and that they were the same thing. I told him that I had seen a Pinky Ponk toy on a shelf on my way to the desk so he would know that they do stock them. He then said I would have to go and get a Pinky Ponk for myself of the shelf the store and pay at a different till!! I did this and had to queue for anothe 5-10 mins to pay for it. Not impressed at all!!!"
Toys R Us is rated 1.80 based on 30 reviews