Timpson Reviews

32% of reviewers recommend Timpson
00AM
12AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Timpson?

Tell us how Timpson made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone
"Terrible! stay away! Last time I brought watch. There was 1 pin missing. they said they can do it. All they did - they scratched it, but did not fix. the part fell off in zero time. This time I came to copy keys. simple, regular ones. it is a straggle to open my door now with that key."
Are you Timpson? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"The Service I received at Timpson’s in Chorlton Manchester was excellent 👍🏻😄 Rory, the Gentleman who served me was very polite, professional & genuinely a lovely person. A credit to the Company!"
"Anas was so friendly and helpful..... the prices were very reasonable.....I was expecting them to be much more......I went into morrisons to do my shopping and when I got back the keys were ready....my son came in with me to collect and Anas remembered him from when he had been to have his watch fixed a few weeks earlier...and asked him if his watch was still ok.....lovely friendly service..."
"I took the item of clothing in to get it cleaned. It came out worse than before and now has new stains on it. NOT happy!"
"Hi East Kilbride arcade thanks to Mark and staff who provide efficient, friendly service at a fair price So thankful to have 3 working watches especially work fob Cheers Lynda E.K."
"The last THREE times I have had keys cut, I have had to return because they don’t work! I’m not sure if it’s the person behind the counters fault doing them so quickly or the poor quality of the key now. Never again. Reading the reviews on this site, I think they need a shake up"
"Had a battery changed in my watch. Timpson broke the watch. Offered me £20 in compensation. Don't take a watch too Timpson for a battery change. Timpson staff are not trained to do so."
"Timpsons - Princes Street, Mayfair. London. The manager Lee provided superb service repairing my boot heel which had come away from my boot. Fast, efficient - a quick rescue fix."
"Bought some shoe polish in store for £3.95 online it shows the same product for £1.95 I spoke to customer service who said they can basically charge what they like in stores! I think this and the attitude of customer services is totally out of order!!"
"Once again excellent service from Jason at the nuneaton asda branch. A credit to the company"
"Received a skirt back I sent to be cleaned still folded as I had given them and told it was only part cleaned as it was part leather but I had paid full price and not offered any refund very disappointed and upset so will never use them again or recommend them to anyone else"
"Edenthorpe Doncaster Timpsons - Big John nasty, threatening,thug, aggressive and actually frightening.Timpsons refuse to act "go to another shop" Next time Police Have EMails and letters to prove and forward to CPS"
"I have purchased several of the lifetime battery guarantees quite happily to sell these guarantees And take your money but I took two of my watches to Timpson’s in Sainsbury’s Blackpool I was told that one of my guarantees did not Match the watch and I said look at it again because I’ve been using this guarante for five years without agreeing with me or saying anything just took my watch and said come back in 20 minutes now the chap you have in there Mark could certainly do with going on a customer service course as manners are free However Timpson’s have honoured the lifetime watch guarantee and the batteries have lasted a good while and always done a good job on replacing the batteries"
"Ordered 2 memorial plaques for my recently departed Dad. One plaque arrived no problem the other not so.. have rung on numerous occasions the web shop with no answer. Tried sending timpson customer care emails still no reply. Eventually found a number for complaints to be quickly and abruptly put through to a different dept before even having a chance to say my complaint. I’ve got through now to the “web shop” having been put through again to be told plaque was sent out 10 days ago.. I said I have had no emails nothing to confirm delivery anything. Transpires the plaque has apparently been lost by Royal Mail and so now I have to wait for a new one. (Which I have paid 3 weeks ago at £40). Terrible customer service and won’t be using this company again!"
"Visited Timpsons in Penarth with my grandsons football boots as insole kept sliding. The lady who served me Dawn could not do enough to help, she stuck existing insoles, helped me choose another pair, cut & stuck them in smelly boots for me. Amazing customer service thankyou"
"I had keys cut in the Westcroft morrisons that didn't work. Had to go back and went to get another set done but as he went to cut them I asked if they are going to work this time. All I got was " you do not trust me yep I'll gove you a refund and as he was doing that he was singing. What a Tw-t!!. So unprofessional and a waste of my time. Never never never going there again. And by the way you was using the wrong keys !!!"
"Located in Knocknagoney Belfast. I left a set of keys in, one of which ( bronze in colour) required cut. I bought 3 for £12. When I got home I discovered they had cut the wrong one. I returned to the store today and was TOLD by the manager that it couldn’t possibly be their fault and replacement would be £16. I had one key to get cut. I handed them the right one, but it was his attitude that stank. Dreadful customer service . I will never give them my business again ( which is a lot as I’m a landlord)"
"Three attempts to cut a basic Yale key in Leamington Spa. Gave up and got a refund after attempt three. Wasted 2 hours and caused me 4 miles of walking (half a mile each way to home to try the key each time). Every time the key looked slightly different to the original but assured it would work- but didn’t. Shoddy, careless work. One failed attempt is unlucky, two is sloppy/careless, three is deliberate or complete incompetence- a basic Yale mortice lock- nothing complicated. Went to a nearby non-Timpson shop after that and the copy worked first time. And for 2/3rds the price. Rip off and poor customer service."
"They charged me £49 to RUUN my best lambskin leather coat. It’s wrinkled, got oranges liquid spill burns all over it, the fabrics lost its suppleness and the harwear (buckles & poppers) have all been damaged AND there’s little tiny holes in the fabric all over the jacket. It looks like it’s been run over by a lorry. I can’t beleive it’s my jacket. £350 it cost me. I’m disgusted - giving it back to me pretending the “stains won’t come out”. I thought, “stains? It’s not got any stains on it”..... then opened the bag & saw what used to be my fave coat."
"Phoned for a quote to change a yale lock and add a chubb lock. Was quoted £156 which I felt was reasonable. Locksmith arrived called Mike who deals with the Romford area. Was ok with changing the yale, but refused to put a chubb lock on the door as I was on the 2nd floor and moaning about more than his job worth and Grenfell and door splitting. I told him fine just change the yale after changing the yale he decided ok he'll install the chubb. Came back 2 days later install the chubb and charged me £223. I won't use again as too expensive and difficult to deal with."
Timpson is rated 2.34 based on 44 reviews