Three Reviews

47% of reviewers recommend Three
02AM
2AM

Tell us how Three made you happy

Telephone
"Had so many issues with three and have just ended my contract with them after 10+ years of being a customer. Earlier this year i was robbed of my phone by a moped rider. Got home shaken and tried to phone up to report my phone stolen. Problem is they dont have an out of ours phone support service even for emergencies (yes really) so i had to wait until the next day to report it. I was told a sim card would be on its way. After a week of phoning to chase i was told it was on its way. Eventually on my third call they told me the person who cancelled my old sim never actually placed the order for a new one. A total of a month i couldnt use my new sim, but they refused to waive the line rental for that period anyway. I asked for the PAC code to change provider and they told me i have to wait 30 days to generate the code as thats standard procedure. So i couldnt be bothered and continued with them. Recently on holiday my phone was stolen from my hotel room without me knowing and used to run up £300 of calls to Morocco. I realised when i got home and unpacked that it was no longer in my suitcase. I phoned 3 to report it lost at which point they said it had been actively used but i should wait for my statement and call up to contest the charges. Small problem - for the last 6 months I cannot login to my three account to access my statements and customer support said its a known issue that they are dealing with... 6 MONTHS of not being able to see my statements. Eventually they agreed to email me a statement because they already took £300 from my account for fraudulant phone calls to Morocco. The customer service assistant told me I shouldnt be liable for those calls as I did not make them and reported my phone stolen and so they put me through to customer relations to help me get it sorted. Prashant from customer relations not only told me I would have to pay the charges for calls to Morocco, but that if i didnt like it i am welcome to leave the network. He generated a PAC code for me and sent me packing there and then. I have today signed up with another network and will never EVER go back to three, especially after that call with Prashant who allegedly represents their 'Customer Relations' department."
Are you Three? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Three receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"they gave a replacement sim card to someone pretending to be me without ID and this person hacked my ebay, Apple pay, paypal, and my bank account. it's been over 8 months since this happened and they didn't even apologized, not only that, they also tried to deny responsibility. the amount of stress i had because of this is unbearable, i had to change all my accounts, usernames, passwords, delete accounts, start new ones, running to my bank few times, being with no money in my account for few days. yes i got my money back but this is the least i would expect. i have taken a legal action but guess what, for the last 8 months they keep ignoring the letters my solicitor sent them until only last week when he put more pressure on them they told him that they found the letters. i stayed with them after that simply because they are the cheapest, yes i may be wrong but this is what i did. i was due to an upgrade last month and this was another disaster as i ordered iphone 8 and couple of days after receiving it i decided to change the color, to cut the long story short it took them almost a month trying not to change the color by coming with the most ridiculous excuses in the world, until i told them i was leaving then they changed the color. if saving few pounds a month is not an issue then stay away from them. i remember when they first started in the UK and i tried them and the cancelled the contract straight away due to poor signal and no coverage, it took them 5 months to close the account and give me my money back, so they're bad since they started their business. but to be fair now their network is not that bad however their customer service is the worst in the whole world."
"Following a family bereavement we were having some difficulty with customer services closing one mobile account whilst keeping another open with new details. Both lines ended up being suspended. Everything changed however when we went into the Telford office and spoke to Shaun and his assistant manager Steph. Steph was brilliant she dealt with us in such an empathetic way it turned a bad experience into a good one. Steph is a credit to the company, well done."
"I bought a phone and a SIM contract from 3. The phone was faulty but they refused to correct and forced me to go to the manufacturer for repair. The SIM coverage has been dreadful so I was unable to use the phone at home and in many other locations (not remote and where other providers have coverage).to top it all the customer service and complaints department were unhelpful and rude. They actually cut me off when I asked to speak to a manager to complain. Also billing charges on my account were in error by their own admission and they merely suggested I wait til they “printed”my next invoice. 0/10. Null points."
"DO NOT SIGN UP WITH 3 AS YOU WILL HAVE A TRULY HORRER WHEN YOU THINK ITS THE TIME TO MOVE ON! I have 2 accounts with Three, when I opened my second account I was missold and misinformed of a so called ''Deal on a sim card that ( to pay one off £5 and if I to use it then I would have it as a pay as you go and If i do not then this is will be it). after 8 months and as I was checking my bank statement 1 day I noticed that I am paying an extra £5 payment went each month to 3G; as I was not aware of what was this payments for, I deleted the Direct Debit in October. since I have been registered with Experian Credit agency and receive alerts from them, I was informed in December that I have defaulted a payment with 3G, I went on and contacted three and was informed then to check my contract as this £5 was for another contract that i had to pay every month. Three not only have failed to contact me via email or normal post but they have defaulted me without managing or even trying to get in touch to inform me of a debt incurred! I have then requested to terminate my contract but was told it will be void by the 28th of January so instead of terminating the contract and paying extra £15 for termination fee just pay the debt of £15 and we will take a verbal notice of termination today from you. So I paid and someone from the termination department contacted me that evening and was all put right there and then or this is what I thought at least. on the 4/2 I have then received another alert from Experian credit reference agency telling me that I have defaulted again with 3G, so I contacted them and they apologised and said it was never been put through to be cancelled due to human error so they will cancel it as from today, I said that I don't trust them any more as this has shaken my trust in them, so I asked to be put through a manager to confirm this is the case and so they did put me through to a Scottish speaking young lady who confirmed the closer of my account and said that she will send the closing balance sheets to my home address and I should receive the papers within 10 working days. Today the 14/03/2018 I have received another Alert from Experian credit reference agency to tell me that my credit score has come dawn by another 116 points due to accumulated debt by £30 to 3G! I have contacted 3 yet one more time and as usual been pushed from pillar to post one to tell me that this account been closed and the papers been sent to my home address and she wonders why I haven't received the papers? To another telling me that no one has requested the closer papers to be put in the past? when I said and insisted that I need an email to confirm the closer of my account I was told they cannot send an email as they don't have my email address and if I needed the email I have to give them my credit card details for verification of who I was, I said I can give you all my details they said either the last 4 digits of my credit card details that i gave when i initially opened this account otherwise they cannot send an email. When I refused giving them the last 4 digits of the card as i no longer have it due to the card being replaced; I was told then they cannot send me an email as they don’t have an email address for me! They also said that the Experian report is old and it’s not new! My question is if the report is old why did it appear on my record so frequently month after another? I have proof that three also have my email address; we finally ended the telephone conversation that they have waved £30 off due to the human error ( which i am not even aware off) and that they will send the closing of my account papers and I should be receiving them within 10 working days? I wonder how many more times I have to call them? And how many 10 working days I will wait for? And I am I really going to receive the papers? Is this account is being closed after all ?"
"My name is Vian Jiawook, I have 2 accounts with Three, when I opened my second account I was missold and misinformed of a so called ''Deal on a sim card that ( to pay one off £5 and if I to use it then I would have it as a pay as you go and If i do not then this is will be it). after 8 months and as I was checking my bank statement 1 day I noticed that I am paying an extra £5 payment went each month to 3G; as I was not aware of what was this payments for, I deleted the Direct Debit in October. since I have been registered with Experian Credit agency and receive alerts from them, I was informed in December that I have defaulted a payment with 3G, I went on and contacted three and was informed then to check my contract as this £5 was for another contract that i had to pay every month. Three not only have failed to contact me via email or normal post but they have defaulted me without managing or even trying to get in touch to inform me of a debt incurred! I have then requested to terminate my contract but was told it will be void by the 28th of January so instead of terminating the contract and paying extra £15 for termination fee just pay the debt of £15 and we will take a verbal notice of termination today from you. So I paid and someone from the termination department contacted me that evening and was all put right there and then or this is what I thought at least. on the 4/2 I have then received another alert from Experian credit reference agency telling me that I have defaulted again with 3G, so I contacted them and they apologised and said it was never been put through to be cancelled due to human error so they will cancel it as from today, I said that I don't trust them any more as this has shaken my trust in them, so I asked to be put through a manager to confirm this is the case and so they did put me through to a Scottish speaking young lady who confirmed the closer of my account and said that she will send the closing balance sheets to my home address and I should receive the papers within 10 working days. Today the 14/03/2018 I have received another Alert from Experian credit reference agency to tell me that my credit score has come dawn by another 116 points due to accumulated debt by £30 to 3G! I have contacted 3 yet one more time and as usual been pushed from pillar to post one to tell me that this account been closed and the papers been sent to my home address and she wonders why I haven't received the papers? To another telling me that no one has requested the closer papers to be put in the past? when I said and insisted that I need an email to confirm the closer of my account I was told they cannot send an email as they don't have my email address and if I needed the email I have to give them my credit card details for verification of who I was, I said I can give you all my details they said either the last 4 digits of my credit card details that i gave when i initially opened this account otherwise they cannot send an email. When I refused giving them the last 4 digits of the card as i no longer have it due to the card being replaced; I was told then they cannot send me an email as they don’t have an email address for me! They also said that the Experian report is old and it’s not new! My question is if the report is old why did it appear on my record so frequently month after another? I have proof that three also have my email address; we finally ended the telephone conversation that they have waved £30 off due to the human error ( which i am not even aware off) and that they will send the closing of my account papers and I should be receiving them within 10 working days? I wonder how many more times I have to call them? And how many 10 working days I will wait for? And I am I really going to receive the papers? Is this account is being closed after all ?"
"Three applies sneaky ways to squeeze more money out of customers. I was about to transfer to Three for a phone contract, when I found out I paid for 4 months of mobile wifi that I didn't use and was outside of my year's contract. They convert it to a rolling contract after the end of your contract and continue to direct debit it, without informing you that this happens. When contacting their customer service and offering a solution that results in no loss at all for Three, namely transferring the costs made to a new phone contract, instead of a mobile wifi. Your customer service is just trying to sell me more mobile wifi that I don't use, at a reduced price that would lock me in for another two years?! Why would I not just continue the contract I have, if that was what I wanted? I am still expecting compensation for these uninformed extra debits, will not recommend Three to anyone in my surroundings, will not transfer to a phone contract with Three and expect you to add a communication point at the end of your customer's contract, explicitly informing them that you are transferring their year's contract into a rolling contract. That is what a decent company would do."
"Saw a phone on the website that I wanted but decided to visit the local store. Staff were friendly and talked me through the offers and demonstrated the phone I was interested in. They asked lots of questions about my needs and then showed me another phone that was in fact better and cheaper. Decided to purchase their recommendation and absolutely love it."
"I was acknowledged and listened to properly as I wanted yo make a purchase. The experience was made very easy and positive because of the manner in which I was served. Brilliant!"
"Excellent and happy service. Cant do enough to help without the hard sell."
"Able to answer my questions accurately and in full."
"Staff were knowledgable , helpful and very efficient"
"DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THREE! DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THREE! THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD The communication and customer service from this company is abysmal. Trying to get any help is near impossible and frustrating I have calling them from one week to sort out with one issue has cost me more in time, stress and sanity than I would wish for anyone else. Afterr using more than tow week I lost my new Galaxy s8 and contacted the customer service number. The call centre and technical teams are in India where: * My calls were always met with ridiculous repeated security verification already completed in the annoying automated messages. * No one bothered to record or read anything on my case notes and agents would ask the same questions over and over again. * Agents would give me totally incorrect information that would shake confidence in any customer. I gave them my IMEI number and every details every time when I phoned, One agent who said he will send me the proof of usage and black listing in 72 hours, after waiting 72 hours I phoned, they asked everything from beginning including IMEI number and said you will receive it by tomorrow. today I phoned and now they insulted me and are trying to prove it that I am laying and haven't use that phone on their network. which is totally wrong and unfair. I have asked them that if I didn't use that phone then which phone I have used past 2 weeks. they have no answer. When I said that it was unacceptable for my issue to remain unresolved weeks after reporting it, If anyone can recommend a mobile network provider with a better standard of customer service than this I would be very grateful as this has left me with nothing but frustration and stress. I am looking for another provider. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH 3 Md fayzul hassan ?????333333333333??????"
"Horrific cancelation process. Dont try to tell me I will save money by not cancelling my contract. I have already signed up for half the price with a third party and you want to charge nme £60 to keep my number for 12 months when its £47 to cancel. Where is your logic. Seriously bad customer service after 10 minutes I hung up the phone call as your belligerent off-shore call center refused to cancel my contract."
"Very friendly experience in the shop, helpful, knew their stuff, and just got it done for me quickly, and a great deal!"
Ann
"they gave me a good upgrade on a new phone"
Three is rated 2.80 based on 30 reviews