Thomson Holidays Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend Thomson Holidays
11PM
11PM

Tell us how Thomson Holidays made you happy

"We booked a Thomson Gold holiday with Tui to fly to Cyprus from Leeds/Bradford airport at the end of May 2019. Quite by chance I read in the local press that Tui had withdrawn numerous flights from our local airport and we were due to pay our next instalment later this month. Despite many attempts to enquire and clarify no information was forthcoming. Apparently it is most likely that our flights will be rerouted via Doncaster or Manchester with anti social flight times in the middle of the night without compensation for extra travel and transport costs. This is not the way to treat loyal paying guests."
Are you Thomson Holidays? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Thomson Holidays receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Just the worst company in the UK for holiday bookings wrong information unsuitable hotel no customer care or customer service just awful never again ."
"I have just lost my mum , subsequently I have had to cancel my holiday with TUI, when I foned the girl on the fone was very good, sympathetic, I asked her if I should send a death certificate & she said no, we will send u a full refund, that was on Monday & all money was in my bank 2 days later, brilliant service, well done TUI for taking the pressure of me at such a sad time."
"Just boarded our flight, early, to be told we have a 55 min wait to take off. We are at Cardiff airport where very few flights take off, no explanation for delay"
"After experiencing problems in our hotel during our 1 week holiday to Negril, Jamaica back in May 2018, we had our issues delt with by a Thomson rep who assured us we would receive 10% of our holiday price back via cheque within two weeks of returning home. two weeks went by and nothing came so we contacted TUI customer services who claimed to have absolutely no knowledge of our compensation. luckily we have the receipt and ref number from our Thomson rep, all of a sudden there it was on the system. We were told the cheque will now be sent out and we would receive it within 4 weeks. This never came. Following this we have rung back a further 8 times over the last 6 months and have got abosluty nowhere. the call handler will take our details put us on hold and hang up the phone! Another trick they use is to say they are transferring you to the manager, who we are reassured is at her desk and awaiting our call, and no one ever picks up the phone. We have been told months ago that the cheque has been sent but they cant give us and estimated time of delivery. It is a constant tiring and lengthy battle to try and get through to anyone that can solve such a simple problem. For such a big holiday company i was shocked to have this customer experience. We have had to call back 3 times this morning alone as we get put on hold or 'cut off'. Trying to find a complaint email address also seems impossible. After contacting another travel agent to find out who they would email we are still awaiting a reply. Safe to say i would never book with TUI again and advice anyone to do the same. Chasing this compensation has been more stressful and costly than the actual issues we delt with on holiday. Complete joke."
"It is a disgrace. The proper customer service is not-existent and they don't care to deal with your complaints. We are still waiting for a refund for an excursion cancelled during our holiday in August. Now it's almost November. We wrote many message. gave them several phone calls, used all available websites including their contact website and a special website called Complaint Resolver. No result. Basically they robbed us of our money. We are prepared to escalate the case."
"Absolute disgrace. After an 8 hour delay to Naples we were flown to Rome and got a bus to Naples. Only to be told that we then needed a bus to Sortento to stay in a hotel for the night.? We were travelling from 5:30 check in at Manchester to 12 midnight Sorrento! We are still awaiting compensation. From a holiday which took place in August. An absolutely disgraceful organisation!"
"Poor service have booked my holiday to Orlando that I booked after it states on there website that u can link booking with my Disney experience from 399 days to now be told I can’t do it till 60 days before. I have been on the phone for the last 7 days trying to sort it out however the staff are rude, disinterested in what u say, cut you off, will not let u talk to a manger. Never again will I book with tui"
"Shocking after sales service. We booked a holiday with TUI and were promised £70 cashback from a spend of almost £3000. After waiting the required 3 months TUI declined the cashback and after countless attempts to contact them they just ignored my emails. Very short sighted as we travel a lot and will never recommend or use TUI again based on the way this situation was handled."
"I caught shigella and dysentery and campylobactor whilst in Egypt we did a. Nilecruise then flew to Cairo staying in the Ramses Hilton all I passed was blood and vomiting my weight went down to four and a half stones .y gp said I was lucky to survive this as I could not tolerate fluids Thomson although invited to contact my gp for evidence did not they totally abandon you no compensation for disagree and pain I now carry shigella for the rest of my life anyone interested in my story please contact anita 07761582952 I am going to see if paper are interested in this story"
"I have today got home from the Holiday of a lifetime. We went to SENSATORI in Dominican Republic and it was perfect in EVERY detail. The crew on both flights were amazing. The Reps in resort were polit, attentive and knowledgeable. The hotel staff really made us feel like we were the focus of their world. Our children were treated with the same respect and attentiveness as the adults. The excursions were wonderful (We did 4) and the beach and hotel was spotless. As a man who is happy to complain I am unable to find a single fault with this product. Amazing is the understatement of understatements. It was....well.....Perfect. We will book again with Tui from now on."
"What went wrong we are a holiday from hell for one they changed our flight times I complained and said I am not happy with those times they said there is nothing I can do about it then fly from different airport which was 80 miles away from me take a different flight which I would have to pay for then I said I would cancel because of this and they said to pay a cancellation fee got to the Hotel Photos on the top floor I complained to our holiday rep the smell from the fans on the roof smell like cooking oil they said again there is nothing we can do then to top it all off on our delayed flight was very early in the morning very tired and I asked one of the staff is all seats been taken she said no there is room so I asked her could I change seat and she said no I would never book Thomson holiday again"
"Never ever book a holiday with tui; there after care customer service pre travel is terrible ; I have a holiday where they have made the mistake and yet I have to wait 7 days to see if it can be rectified and if u do want to speak with a manager they WILL not take over the call and they guarantee a call within 48 hours and guess what? NO CALL. Please please do not book with his company"
"Food at hotel was disgraceful, Thomson rep was less than helpful, had to organise own transport to airport after rep failed to organise our pick up."
"0/10 ! For 30 days since booking a holiday with Tui I have tried (on their Suggestion) to amend and upgrade my holiday on my personal Tui online account. Tui give prices for all options next to the 'apply button'. Every time I chose the options my holiday is increased by the wrong amount by over £200 ! For 30 days I have had hours of telephone conversations with 'customer' service & managers. At the end of every conversation they can't/won't explain why this happens and tell me someone will be in touch to do this within 72 hours (this never happens). I have send numerous emails and occasionally receive a reply long after 72 hours which bares no resemblance to my compliant. I have screen shots and a video of clicking the prices given and the wrong amount applied to the final total. I have told Tui and they won't explain why they do this. All the information I have has now been sent to Trading Standards and Abta who are advising me. I have used First Choice, Thomson now Tui for years and have never be treaded so badly. I will update or remove this review if Tui finally resolve my the issues as I think this only fair."
"Nothing short of CRIMINAL. Prohibited from boarding the plane, May 05 2009, this due to the criminals actions of then B.loody A.bominable A.irport Now Heathrow Airport Holidings, (inclusive of Southampton, Glasgow and Aberdeen and their conspirators, Strathclydes Cuntstabularies P.lebian and /or P.erjuring C.onstasfools. this because of my t-shirt which stated same adding www.GatewayToHell.net/ whilst simultaneously disseminating www.DLRM & www.NMRM, leaflets to an overwhelming majority of receptive, grateful repcipients. Then arrested outwith their shop Elgin for demonstrating about same, hauled before the Sheriff (of 'Nottingham') at Absurdistan Law Courts. This for having the temerity to demonstrate about as such outwith Aberdeens/Dyce Airport where upon during the recess, I did same outwith the courts of 'justice, prior to being acquitted, by Sheriff TIERNEY, (as reported 04 11 09, in the Express) but as is ever the case for innocents, denied justice as no compensation was forthcoming, for wasted, time, trouble & expense, by both Thomson HELLidays nor The State Police Lord Justice SEDLEY had earlier said, at the High Court of Appeal, London, 23 07 1999, "Freedom to speak in-offensively was not worth having." As cited in The Times Law Reports, 28 07 1999. But as judge TAYLOR said, 28 09 1999, at Teesside Crown Court, "People are entitled to express an opinion in this country." This as cited in The Evening Gazette, 28 & 29 09 17. But all this was lost on the aforementioned halfwits. "There is no justice in this world, in or out of court." Clarence DARROW attorney at law. "Some actions can never be hidden by a smokescreen, for they advertise their stupidity & iniquity in (blue) neon light." said, toxicologists, Prof Pietro CROCE, former Vivisector, author of Vivisection or Science: testing drugs & safeguarding health. "Where the environment is stupid, prejudiced or cruel, it is of merit to be out harmony with it." Bertrand RUSSEL Mathematician, MP & Philosopher. "Better to be trampled out by the asses hooves than be the thing of which asses minds approve." John MORESFIELD. Like vivisectors, politicians & The Law, both Procurator Fools & The C.riminals P.ersecution 'S.ervice' they Thomson HELLidays, are getting away with murder. Is this why Thomson Holidays, re-branded as TUI, BAA as Heathrow Airport Holdings, Strathclyde Police as Police Scotland? Didn't they know, you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear (and that un-like their arresting officers of the law, State Prosecutors, Glasgow & Aberdeen, Airports Staff, Thomsons Representatives, and most of their passengers, pigs are highly sensitive & intelligent creatures as are the none human primates, by those at Heathrow Airport Holidings Vivisectors_politicians_and_the_law_are_murderers@hotmail.com, The_law_is_worse_than_criminal_and_a_law_unto_itself@outlook.com,"
"My brother booked a holiday for the four of us with Thompson Holidays. My baggage was damaged and I filled out relevant forms at the airport. We booked with Thompson but they used Volotea flights. Thompson refused to replace luggage and said it was the airline responsibility. Airline would not replace as they said we did not have the correct confirmation number which we were unable to get from Thompson. Every time I wrote to Thompson they replied to my brother as he was the lead passenger which was most annoying. Why didn't they deal with me. I sent all baggage labels and boarding passes to both Thompson and Volotea but that was not enough. The holiday was booked through Thompson so surely they are liable. I will. Not be booking with them again. Also our pick up coach only just allowed enough time for us to get to the airport on our return and we almost missed our return flight."
"We didn't like our hotel in Kos and when we complained about the issues I felt the Thompson rep at the hotel only listened to our issues but nothing was actually done. I was asked to sign a waver form on the last day of our holiday but refused. On our return I complained to Thompsons directly which was a complete waste of time. Thompson took months to respond after an initial email. Their response was incorrect but when I sent another email explaining their findings were incorrectly Thompsons had even more time to reply and when they did it was the same response as before. I will never book another holiday with Thompsons or First Choice (TU) I don't like the way the conduct themselves or handle complaints however it feels good to know I will never recommend them or they will get another penny of my money."
"You subcontracted my flight. My luggage was damaged beyond repair, the subcontracted company wont answer my correspondence. I was your customer I hold you responsible. Yuor statement its not our fault or responsibilty is not acceptable, in future I'll use an alternative tour operator. I am 5 times a year TUI customer. You have lost my business!"
"Karen in the barry store was amazing with me and my boyfreind. As this was my first holiday alone without family but karen was very helpful and surportive finding us the best deal"
Thomson Holidays is rated 2.22 based on 55 reviews