Thomson Holidays Reviews

25% of reviewers recommend Thomson Holidays
01AM
1AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Thomson Holidays?

Tell us how Thomson Holidays made you happy

"I would giver zero if i could, spent 6k on a holiday in october just to tenerife and was atrocious riddled with cockroaches, in cupboards, fridge, drawers prob on my kids in night, a seawge leak on grounds, my young child getting head injury due to unsafe equipment rep vile didnt care, i complained to tui who said im the only one complaining which is a lie judging by trip.asvisor reviews, also went through abta offered no compensation at all for the worst most un safe holiday ever i will never ever use again and continue to warn people of this rip off merchant."
Are you Thomson Holidays? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Group Payment Balance: I contacted the travel agent at Sunderland to make a final payment, the person entered my bank details incorrectly, no apologies given. A agent extended the payment date, but this lead to further delay due to TUI bank not releasing the money for a repayment. I complained, no apologies from management only from Natalie who was professional through out the process. Management give the group a lounge payment but this was after I said I'll be taking this further. We was grateful for the package, but a apologies and a better way of working would be enough for me as we were planning our wedding in Jamaica via TUI. Hotel at RUI Ocho Rios Jamaica : [ ] refrigerator is noisy, no maintenance came to the room at any point throughout the day if complaint . [ ] front desk know we was getting married at the hotel and we were give two signal beds . [ ] broken wardrobe, doors not on the runner [ ] Wedding planner did not inform us she will not be delivering our wedding [ ] The wedding planner sent a email Perior to our arrivals , with a date of 12th April at 10am, we arrived to the appointment but she forgot about the appointment. No Aologues by wedding planner [ ] A hand over was taken place while we were there. We was told a email will be sent regarding to the change of appointment, no email received. [ ] The door key lock was not working on the second day of our arrival, multiple times throughout the day we had to reboot the keys at reception. No maintenance came to the room at any point throughout the day. [ ] On the second day of arrival, I asked for sanitary bags for the room at the front desk. 3rd day in, no bags in the room. [ ] There is hair and cobwebs in the room.. [ ] We receive a call to find out about our stay at the hotel on the 13th April, by Charry. I express by views about the two beds in the and was told to speak to the wedding planner, but documentation states, this is done by reception. [ ] Poor WIFI [ ] Entertainment poor"
"Terrible do not give your hard earned money to this arrogant company avoid like the plague"
"We booked our wedding package in August 2018 for the following July in Cyprus. We were sold this with a wedding planner allocated to us from day one that would be there to advise and support us in making decisions for our wedding day. We did receive an email with prices for suppliers that must be used at the hotel we had chosen as no outside suppliers were allowed in the hotel complex!! No names were given just what you want and pictures, so you are unable to research anything about the person or company who they have decided is suitable for your special day. From that point we have not had any correspondence from the wedding team so i emailed them to ask a few questions, it took 10 days for them to reply and they only answered one of my questions claiming they are moving offices and advised to contact the shop that I booked at. I did this to be told it is practice with tui wedding team n Cyprus not to start working on the wedding until 90 days before! This is a total contradiction to what I was sold and very disappointing. The shop told me unless you have special requirements this is how it works and I should contact the shop who will email or telephone the wedding team on my behalf. So 4 months before i an due to fly to Cyprus for our wedding nothing has been arranged so i have canceled and booked everything elsewhere. Due to me canceling the wedding package part we lost the £250 deposit we had paid plus had to pay another £120 extra off of our holiday deposit. Please bride to be do not use TUI the prices they charge once you have signed on the dotted line are over inflated and you can not change to the suppliers you want as this is not allowed in most tui hotels in Cyprus but you don't find this out until you have paid your deposit and the wedding has been confirmed. Warning to all brides if you join some of the online sites regarding a Cyprus wedding the stories about what other brides have said about the Tui and their wedding experiences you will not even consider using them. I will continue to warn brides to be as the experience we have received has put a large dampener on our upcoming wedding as we haven't been able to get excited or plan until now."
"Been on many fully inclusive holidays with no complaints. Tui does not care about their customers. We had many problems in our hotel and complained to the tui rep who acknowledge the hotel was well below par and was sick of receiving complaints about it. His manager did nothing about it. Write to tui when I got home and got no reply. Their current advert on tv “putting you in the middle” is a joke. My advice book with someone elsemargaret"
"If I could I would give 0 stars. Complete scam of a company. After being promised the price would not decrease we booked a holiday worth 10k between 5 people. After numerous discussions with Tui they accepted responsibility but would not give us the price discounted after48 hrs. Do not book with TUI...Complete and utter scam."
"Logged a complaint on line middle of Dec following a theft from our luggage at Sal airport on our return journey home. Still no answer from them. Advice for others travelling back from Sal don’t put duty free in your case. Thomson reps must know the thefts happen on a regular basis but don’t warn travellers."
"First before I wrote one word Thomson = Tui wrote sorry for your bad experience. Went to the Riu Bambu last January the block we were staying at was being rip apart with toilets on the path wooden cabinets that had to be walked around not the best outlook. There were drink glasses all over the paths and grass . Spoke to the Tui Rep who was offhand and sai she was going on holiday tha evening spoke to the hotel reception who said they couldn’t understand English. The food at this hotel was definitely not the best and two of the themed restaurants the food was inedible. Tried to contact Tui by email but received no answers. The air conditioning in the aircraft cabin was smelt and gave a tickle in the throat."
"We booked a Thomson Gold holiday with Tui to fly to Cyprus from Leeds/Bradford airport at the end of May 2019. Quite by chance I read in the local press that Tui had withdrawn numerous flights from our local airport and we were due to pay our next instalment later this month. Despite many attempts to enquire and clarify no information was forthcoming. Apparently it is most likely that our flights will be rerouted via Doncaster or Manchester with anti social flight times in the middle of the night without compensation for extra travel and transport costs. This is not the way to treat loyal paying guests."
"Just the worst company in the UK for holiday bookings wrong information unsuitable hotel no customer care or customer service just awful never again ."
"I have just lost my mum , subsequently I have had to cancel my holiday with TUI, when I foned the girl on the fone was very good, sympathetic, I asked her if I should send a death certificate & she said no, we will send u a full refund, that was on Monday & all money was in my bank 2 days later, brilliant service, well done TUI for taking the pressure of me at such a sad time."
"Just boarded our flight, early, to be told we have a 55 min wait to take off. We are at Cardiff airport where very few flights take off, no explanation for delay"
"After experiencing problems in our hotel during our 1 week holiday to Negril, Jamaica back in May 2018, we had our issues delt with by a Thomson rep who assured us we would receive 10% of our holiday price back via cheque within two weeks of returning home. two weeks went by and nothing came so we contacted TUI customer services who claimed to have absolutely no knowledge of our compensation. luckily we have the receipt and ref number from our Thomson rep, all of a sudden there it was on the system. We were told the cheque will now be sent out and we would receive it within 4 weeks. This never came. Following this we have rung back a further 8 times over the last 6 months and have got abosluty nowhere. the call handler will take our details put us on hold and hang up the phone! Another trick they use is to say they are transferring you to the manager, who we are reassured is at her desk and awaiting our call, and no one ever picks up the phone. We have been told months ago that the cheque has been sent but they cant give us and estimated time of delivery. It is a constant tiring and lengthy battle to try and get through to anyone that can solve such a simple problem. For such a big holiday company i was shocked to have this customer experience. We have had to call back 3 times this morning alone as we get put on hold or 'cut off'. Trying to find a complaint email address also seems impossible. After contacting another travel agent to find out who they would email we are still awaiting a reply. Safe to say i would never book with TUI again and advice anyone to do the same. Chasing this compensation has been more stressful and costly than the actual issues we delt with on holiday. Complete joke."
"It is a disgrace. The proper customer service is not-existent and they don't care to deal with your complaints. We are still waiting for a refund for an excursion cancelled during our holiday in August. Now it's almost November. We wrote many message. gave them several phone calls, used all available websites including their contact website and a special website called Complaint Resolver. No result. Basically they robbed us of our money. We are prepared to escalate the case."
"Absolute disgrace. After an 8 hour delay to Naples we were flown to Rome and got a bus to Naples. Only to be told that we then needed a bus to Sortento to stay in a hotel for the night.? We were travelling from 5:30 check in at Manchester to 12 midnight Sorrento! We are still awaiting compensation. From a holiday which took place in August. An absolutely disgraceful organisation!"
"Poor service have booked my holiday to Orlando that I booked after it states on there website that u can link booking with my Disney experience from 399 days to now be told I can’t do it till 60 days before. I have been on the phone for the last 7 days trying to sort it out however the staff are rude, disinterested in what u say, cut you off, will not let u talk to a manger. Never again will I book with tui"
"Shocking after sales service. We booked a holiday with TUI and were promised £70 cashback from a spend of almost £3000. After waiting the required 3 months TUI declined the cashback and after countless attempts to contact them they just ignored my emails. Very short sighted as we travel a lot and will never recommend or use TUI again based on the way this situation was handled."
"I caught shigella and dysentery and campylobactor whilst in Egypt we did a. Nilecruise then flew to Cairo staying in the Ramses Hilton all I passed was blood and vomiting my weight went down to four and a half stones .y gp said I was lucky to survive this as I could not tolerate fluids Thomson although invited to contact my gp for evidence did not they totally abandon you no compensation for disagree and pain I now carry shigella for the rest of my life anyone interested in my story please contact anita 07761582952 I am going to see if paper are interested in this story"
"I have today got home from the Holiday of a lifetime. We went to SENSATORI in Dominican Republic and it was perfect in EVERY detail. The crew on both flights were amazing. The Reps in resort were polit, attentive and knowledgeable. The hotel staff really made us feel like we were the focus of their world. Our children were treated with the same respect and attentiveness as the adults. The excursions were wonderful (We did 4) and the beach and hotel was spotless. As a man who is happy to complain I am unable to find a single fault with this product. Amazing is the understatement of understatements. It was....well.....Perfect. We will book again with Tui from now on."
Thomson Holidays is rated 2.06 based on 64 reviews