The Range Reviews

56% of reviewers recommend The Range

How would you rate The Range ?

"General shop comment: I asked if I could have some packaging they was throwing out to put inside a parcel I was sending as extra protection. It was Screwed up ready to throw away. Was informed boxes and packaging etc.. customers are not allowed to take Management rule. A memember of staff said because they sell boxes and bubble wrap!!! In a day and age of recycling find this very strange. Most shops are happy for you to take boxes saves them having to get rid of them and for us to be able to use boxes and packaging again should be a good thing. Obviously The Range have different ideas in this 😡"
"Brought a bed 3 weeks ago and when husband went to get in the bed fell apart dropping him out of the bed on the floor. He has a slipped disc and is now in agony. The range won't help. Will be reporting to trading standards."
"Good morning, I would like to put a message out to Harlow range we visited on Saturday we were greeted by a young lady on customer service who was outstanding on her service. I visited with my disabled husband We had a laugh about Halloween Christmas fireworks . She even went her way to help us to find things . If I am right Her was reshma I would be visiting the Harlow store because of her service and it was outstanding visiting the Harlow range i’ve been in all different ranges but this Harlow store range stands out on the service and on the floor helpers. Me and my husband are very Happy with the service . To the manager and Harlow store you have a outstanding customer service young lady who dropped her bits and came and said hello and a warm welcome. Well done reshma. My name is Amanda and Scott"
"Lots of products.Some of them in chaotic state,missing prices,unclare labels"
"Prompt delivery but worst wait time ever for customer service in response to my complaint. Still mot resolved and this delay is purely down to the time it takes for them to respond. Questions below - options: Communicated via chat, phone and email. Not just over a week at least two and only when prompted with another call."
"When enquiring about a £329 pound piece of furniture I was asked to wait to speak to the furniture person in charge after 15 minutes I gave up. It seems that they don't care about customers so I no longer care about the range."
"I ordered a product online from The Range. It was faulty - broken and not as advertised. I spoke to customer services, have sent 6 emails and 4 tweets to them and have been ignored and palmed off at every stage. Worst customer service ever."
"I ordered several items of furniture. They were promptly delivered from the Blackburn store and delivery men were excellent. Highly recommend."
"We made a complaint over two weeks, we had no reply, so tried Facebook still no reply, I would said they just didn't want to reply. As they have no excuse for the very bad service we received."
"shelf price showed a shelf price of £12.99 for paint. at the cash desk they wanted to charge me £13.99 a 6.8% increase. a supervisor checked the shelf price, removed it and instructed a member of staff to replace it with the a increased price of £13.99 and refused to honour the original shelf prise. needless to say I walked out without the paint."
"Went in yesterday for a few things, asked n assistant if they sold TV aerials, siad "she hadnt got a clue" and carried on putting stock out."
"the customer service in store was non existent. Beth on customer service is in the wrong job , she looks bored and indifferent towards customers The staff behind the desk and there where three of them were involved in one customer service enquiry. I'm disabled and stood in that que for what seemed like hours She asked me when I purchased my kettle which as developed a fault I gave her the till receipt , and asked why I hadn't returned it within 28 days we I replied it wasn't faulty then , which to this she directed me to get a new one like for like , so I went to the aisle to get one but it was taped of due to stock movement I looked around the store and found a lovely lady who was willing to help she went to the warehouse and returned saying they had no stock . So I thought I'll have to get one somewhere else , retired to the desk to be told no refund on the card I add paid on only a gift card refund because company policy"
"i havent recieved my snooker table . its been 5 days and it clearly said that it would be delivered in 2 days. still havent got it"
"Ignorant bunch of money grabbing… Ignorant bunch of money grabbing ********* !! Dont ever buy a sofa from them. Honestly they dont give a S*** about anything but money and dont give a dam about customer service. I bought a sofa from the a few years ago (should have learnt my lesson yes) and the one in the store was lovely, long enough for me to lie on and very comfy. I bought and paid for it. The one that arrived was about a foot shorter, had what looked like water stains on it and the delivery guys scraped every piece of wallpaper on the stairs on the way up. (although the new delivery guy is very good). I got given £50 which didnt cover the rants and raves from my landlord let alone the wallpaper. Also turned out the one in store was a 3 seater with 2 cushions and the one i received was also 2 cushions but a 2 seater, it was far too late and i couldnt be bothered with the hassle or stress of further complaints by then as i was quite unwell at the time. So, then, stupidly i sat on a lovely comfy faux leather sofa in the truro store which was a recliner and thought how comfortable it was and how easy it was to recline. The one i received was very different. It was hard, bloomin uncomfortable and even a rugby player would have had issues trying to push back the recliner. Being disabled I had to send it back as it was just not fit for purpose. I was then told i would lose another £30 on delivery charge and £40 on the item as they would take 10% off what i paid for having returned it. I tried and tried to get in touch by email with hq and they cant even be bothered to reply. Ive escalated this to the credit card company, the ombudsman and leaving this review so others know to AVOID this company when buying sofas !!"
"Too complicated a returns policy, very slow to refund"
"I returned a faulty item to the Perth branch for an exchange & was advised to take another from the shelf & return to the till. Unfortunately there were none on display so I asked an assistant if there were any in the stockroom where upon she simply replied 'no' & walked off. I returned to to the customer desk & asked to speak to the manager who took me back to the display of items to confirm that the item I had wasn't there. Unfortunately I no longer had the receipt & was told that I could have purchased the item anywhere & without the receipt she was not even prepared to exchange it despite the Company who's item it was advised me to return it to the store as it is under guarantee. I am sixty years old & have never been so humiliated in my life. I will never set foot in that store again!!!"
"I went to the cardiff store on newprot road today , and felt sorry for the girl working behind customer service , she was only young and had called all members of staff to the front of the store over 3 times and only one girl came so she had to get , the plants etc in on her own with another young girl , whilst run customer service and do the announcements for customers still shopping , as it was closing time and also it was like nobody wanted to listen to her because she was young she had asked people to take there stuff for departments because I over hearded and they said yes and pretended they was busy and walked off , this young girl deserves a medal for her shift tonight , i was amazed with how well spoken and mannered she was after having to stress about announcing things and calling for help when nobody but one girl came , very appalled with the way the range cardiff is managed think some new management should be put into place :| shocking experience if it wasnt for the young girl at customer service i would have left and left all my goods with too."
"I visited the Burnley store after seeing several products I needed online. I picked up a couple of items and then spent quite a while searching for a some things I needed and eventually decided to ask a member of staff (male) at the store. He seemed apathetic towards my request, and he said that the DIY department was not in his remit. He did however reluctantly have a look, but this was done with no enthusiasm - he never looked or spoke to me during his search. I asked him if there was someone who might be better to help me as I was also after some items that I needed advice on before I bought them and he said that no one was able to help as they'd only know as much as him. I told him that I was disappointed and surprised that the store didn't have anyone to assist me this as I'd made my journey especially. Again he seemed apathetic, and so I asked him if I could speak to a manager. The manager's attitude was alarming. I expressed my disappointment about the store not having any members of staff to help me with my specific DIY queries, just as I had with the member of staff and his response was very curt, 'We're retail, we don't have experts on products'. His manner was very rude. The initial member of staff had obviously spoken to the manager before he came to see me but I found it peculiar that he stood at the side of the manager for the whole duration of my conversation with him. My impression was that the manager was keen to shown his authority/empowerment to me in front of his member of staff. I said to the manager that I'd always had help when I'd previously visited the store to which the manager gave a blatant snigger. I was shocked at this and said to him, 'Is that the kind of thing you do, snigger at customers?', to which he replied, 'well stop being argumentative then'. I told the manager that I was appalled at his response and that I had not been arguing at all, instead I had just wanted to give some customer comments and feedback. I asked him if it was the store's policy to snigger at customers and he gave a smarmy grin whilst turning to his colleague. I told him that I would like to make a complaint about him and his behaviour and asked for his name ... he continued to grin an didn't answer me. I said to him, 'surely you're obliged to give your name as you are representing the store'. He then told me his name was 'Lee Franklin'. He then said, very bluntly, 'you can leave now'. I was holding some items that I was about to purchase and told him that I'd put them back first and then leave to which he said 'give them to me'. I then asked for his name again as I'd forgotten his first name, and his response was, 'you've already been told'. I explained to him that I'd forgotten and after another snigger he eventually told me his name again. I then left the store unsettled by his behaviour. I tried initially to make my complaint over the phone, however this is now possible with the Range. I was told I would have to do my complaint online. I did this through 'Resolver', an independent company. This company is a complete waste of time as they have no power. All I got from the Range was a standard reply saying that they were upset that my experience wasn't good and that they always strive to provide good customer service. It was a generic letter they send to anyone making complaint, regardless of the situation, with nothing personable in the response. I responded by saying that I was unhappy with the reply and asked the Range to speak to the Manager about his conduct. They responded by saying they can't due to 'The data protection act'. They obviously don't know what the DPA is and that it is completely unrelated to this situation and just throw it in to divert taking responsibility. Resolver then sent a final email saying that if I wanted to take this further then I would have to seek an independent solicitor. How ridiculous. As if a simple complaint warrants going to a solicitor. So the conclusion is, the Range does not deal with complaints. It has carte blanche to treat its customers how it wants with no recourse. No wonder the Manager behaved the way he did, as he's encouraged to ... he knew he wouldn't be held to account. I will never go again and will relay my experience to everybody I know."
"The Range Doncaster branch. I went shopping for the 1st time in this store and got extremely poor customer service. I got my shopping, took it to the tills to pay and to be told the price on the shelf was wrong the large glass fish bowl was meant to be £24.99 yet scanned at £34.99 yet there was no ticket price for £34.99 anywhere! also wanted to purchase a fish pump/ filter the price on the shelf was £7.99 yet scanned at £39.99 and yet again there was no £39.99 ticket on the shelf, anywhere! The supervisor (Louise cairn) was very verbally aggressive towards me when I asked to speak to the store manager yet a furniture department manager (Danelle) came out and said "right what's the problem" I told her the situation and she just said "I'm not selling the items at the price displayed" when telling her the supervisor was extremely rude to me the Department manager (Danelle) said and I quote. "that's my issue and not yours". The Department manager was also rude towards me. She wasn't prepared to give me the head office address and stated that I can find it myself. This shows extremely poor customer service and management in this store. The items that I wanted to buy at the displayed price were just put back on the shelf for the next person who wanted to buy them. I'm very disappointed with this company it was my very first time shopping at The Range and I will Never step back into one of these stores due to the lack of experience and the extremely rude service I received from the staff that were there."
"No stars for appalling customer service. No beds after 11 days of missed deliveries, missing items, damaged items and finally cancellation. In the days of internet shopping where companies such as Amazon are cornering the market you only need to speak to these guys to find out why !!! Don't make the mistake of ordering from them unless you want a load of hassle"
The Range is rated 3.21 based on 163 reviews