The Range Reviews

59% of reviewers recommend The Range

How would you rate The Range ?

"Ignorant bunch of money grabbing… Ignorant bunch of money grabbing ********* !! Dont ever buy a sofa from them. Honestly they dont give a S*** about anything but money and dont give a dam about customer service. I bought a sofa from the a few years ago (should have learnt my lesson yes) and the one in the store was lovely, long enough for me to lie on and very comfy. I bought and paid for it. The one that arrived was about a foot shorter, had what looked like water stains on it and the delivery guys scraped every piece of wallpaper on the stairs on the way up. (although the new delivery guy is very good). I got given £50 which didnt cover the rants and raves from my landlord let alone the wallpaper. Also turned out the one in store was a 3 seater with 2 cushions and the one i received was also 2 cushions but a 2 seater, it was far too late and i couldnt be bothered with the hassle or stress of further complaints by then as i was quite unwell at the time. So, then, stupidly i sat on a lovely comfy faux leather sofa in the truro store which was a recliner and thought how comfortable it was and how easy it was to recline. The one i received was very different. It was hard, bloomin uncomfortable and even a rugby player would have had issues trying to push back the recliner. Being disabled I had to send it back as it was just not fit for purpose. I was then told i would lose another £30 on delivery charge and £40 on the item as they would take 10% off what i paid for having returned it. I tried and tried to get in touch by email with hq and they cant even be bothered to reply. Ive escalated this to the credit card company, the ombudsman and leaving this review so others know to AVOID this company when buying sofas !!"
"Too complicated a returns policy, very slow to refund"
"I returned a faulty item to the Perth branch for an exchange & was advised to take another from the shelf & return to the till. Unfortunately there were none on display so I asked an assistant if there were any in the stockroom where upon she simply replied 'no' & walked off. I returned to to the customer desk & asked to speak to the manager who took me back to the display of items to confirm that the item I had wasn't there. Unfortunately I no longer had the receipt & was told that I could have purchased the item anywhere & without the receipt she was not even prepared to exchange it despite the Company who's item it was advised me to return it to the store as it is under guarantee. I am sixty years old & have never been so humiliated in my life. I will never set foot in that store again!!!"
"I went to the cardiff store on newprot road today , and felt sorry for the girl working behind customer service , she was only young and had called all members of staff to the front of the store over 3 times and only one girl came so she had to get , the plants etc in on her own with another young girl , whilst run customer service and do the announcements for customers still shopping , as it was closing time and also it was like nobody wanted to listen to her because she was young she had asked people to take there stuff for departments because I over hearded and they said yes and pretended they was busy and walked off , this young girl deserves a medal for her shift tonight , i was amazed with how well spoken and mannered she was after having to stress about announcing things and calling for help when nobody but one girl came , very appalled with the way the range cardiff is managed think some new management should be put into place :| shocking experience if it wasnt for the young girl at customer service i would have left and left all my goods with too."
"I visited the Burnley store after seeing several products I needed online. I picked up a couple of items and then spent quite a while searching for a some things I needed and eventually decided to ask a member of staff (male) at the store. He seemed apathetic towards my request, and he said that the DIY department was not in his remit. He did however reluctantly have a look, but this was done with no enthusiasm - he never looked or spoke to me during his search. I asked him if there was someone who might be better to help me as I was also after some items that I needed advice on before I bought them and he said that no one was able to help as they'd only know as much as him. I told him that I was disappointed and surprised that the store didn't have anyone to assist me this as I'd made my journey especially. Again he seemed apathetic, and so I asked him if I could speak to a manager. The manager's attitude was alarming. I expressed my disappointment about the store not having any members of staff to help me with my specific DIY queries, just as I had with the member of staff and his response was very curt, 'We're retail, we don't have experts on products'. His manner was very rude. The initial member of staff had obviously spoken to the manager before he came to see me but I found it peculiar that he stood at the side of the manager for the whole duration of my conversation with him. My impression was that the manager was keen to shown his authority/empowerment to me in front of his member of staff. I said to the manager that I'd always had help when I'd previously visited the store to which the manager gave a blatant snigger. I was shocked at this and said to him, 'Is that the kind of thing you do, snigger at customers?', to which he replied, 'well stop being argumentative then'. I told the manager that I was appalled at his response and that I had not been arguing at all, instead I had just wanted to give some customer comments and feedback. I asked him if it was the store's policy to snigger at customers and he gave a smarmy grin whilst turning to his colleague. I told him that I would like to make a complaint about him and his behaviour and asked for his name ... he continued to grin an didn't answer me. I said to him, 'surely you're obliged to give your name as you are representing the store'. He then told me his name was 'Lee Franklin'. He then said, very bluntly, 'you can leave now'. I was holding some items that I was about to purchase and told him that I'd put them back first and then leave to which he said 'give them to me'. I then asked for his name again as I'd forgotten his first name, and his response was, 'you've already been told'. I explained to him that I'd forgotten and after another snigger he eventually told me his name again. I then left the store unsettled by his behaviour. I tried initially to make my complaint over the phone, however this is now possible with the Range. I was told I would have to do my complaint online. I did this through 'Resolver', an independent company. This company is a complete waste of time as they have no power. All I got from the Range was a standard reply saying that they were upset that my experience wasn't good and that they always strive to provide good customer service. It was a generic letter they send to anyone making complaint, regardless of the situation, with nothing personable in the response. I responded by saying that I was unhappy with the reply and asked the Range to speak to the Manager about his conduct. They responded by saying they can't due to 'The data protection act'. They obviously don't know what the DPA is and that it is completely unrelated to this situation and just throw it in to divert taking responsibility. Resolver then sent a final email saying that if I wanted to take this further then I would have to seek an independent solicitor. How ridiculous. As if a simple complaint warrants going to a solicitor. So the conclusion is, the Range does not deal with complaints. It has carte blanche to treat its customers how it wants with no recourse. No wonder the Manager behaved the way he did, as he's encouraged to ... he knew he wouldn't be held to account. I will never go again and will relay my experience to everybody I know."
"The Range Doncaster branch. I went shopping for the 1st time in this store and got extremely poor customer service. I got my shopping, took it to the tills to pay and to be told the price on the shelf was wrong the large glass fish bowl was meant to be £24.99 yet scanned at £34.99 yet there was no ticket price for £34.99 anywhere! also wanted to purchase a fish pump/ filter the price on the shelf was £7.99 yet scanned at £39.99 and yet again there was no £39.99 ticket on the shelf, anywhere! The supervisor (Louise cairn) was very verbally aggressive towards me when I asked to speak to the store manager yet a furniture department manager (Danelle) came out and said "right what's the problem" I told her the situation and she just said "I'm not selling the items at the price displayed" when telling her the supervisor was extremely rude to me the Department manager (Danelle) said and I quote. "that's my issue and not yours". The Department manager was also rude towards me. She wasn't prepared to give me the head office address and stated that I can find it myself. This shows extremely poor customer service and management in this store. The items that I wanted to buy at the displayed price were just put back on the shelf for the next person who wanted to buy them. I'm very disappointed with this company it was my very first time shopping at The Range and I will Never step back into one of these stores due to the lack of experience and the extremely rude service I received from the staff that were there."
"No stars for appalling customer service. No beds after 11 days of missed deliveries, missing items, damaged items and finally cancellation. In the days of internet shopping where companies such as Amazon are cornering the market you only need to speak to these guys to find out why !!! Don't make the mistake of ordering from them unless you want a load of hassle"
"Very poor customer service Had to finally cancel my order after 11 days several missed deliveries, missing items and finally damaged goods Poor poor poor"
"Brought a swing chair online for my mum, recieved the item damaged to be told by customer services I would receive new metal frame work to be sent one bar which was also damaged when phoned customer service they offered ten percent off. The chair cost £135 I wouldn’t pay £20 the way it was all scratched. I have sent a email or complaint twice to not hear anything back. Took me to ring them to issue my refund as a week later still had nothing. Disgusting customer services. Will not be buying online again!"
"For the second time I was charged a higher price than was clearly displayed for the product on the shelf in the Portsmouth store. The first time, I let it go. The second time, after paying and checking the bill and seeing the difference, I went back to check the price label and photographed it. It was only a matter of 90 pence but, a big percentage on something priced at £2.59 and charged a £3.49 (Bacofoil). The staff member said it had been priced incorrectly. I know mistakes can happen but, it was clearly priced a £2.59. Any professional company would have just issued a refund for the difference but, no not this company. The staff member just argued th3 point, saying it was within Trading standards. But it is not, it goes against all the principles of Trading standards. I retuned all the items I purchased. I will not purchase from The Range again and I will make sure other people know the reason why."
"i wanted to purchase two 50 litre packs of compost £6.99 each or two for £12 at the checkout i was asked for £13.98 i pointed out that correct price was £12 the reply was "it says here that they are 13.98 so they are 13.98 i checked with garden assistant who agreed i was correct didnt buy them i will buy them elsewhere ballymena branch"
"Gazebo broken in rain after a few hours can't get money back 35pounds no refund I thought that is what they are for"
"A manager called jo at the Torquay store was so rude to me totally ruined my shopping experience with The Range, her attitude was so bad, I probably won’t go back again, such a shame."
"Very rude ignorant staff especially a guy called Liam on customer service desk..his tone when speaking to us disgusting. The 1 star is for the helpful delivery guy Only!! Rubbish experience no manners from staff"
"Went into Rotherham store on friday I was looking for some new ideal for my flat in the gift department but couldn't make up my mind so i asked a lady called sam who was working gift she was so helpful and friendly went out of her way to help me out I will definitely be going back to Rotherham store"
"Purchased 4 chairs on 30th May with 2 day delivery service, 5 days later 4 chairs arrive and 2 are not matching. Customer service is appalling ! I had to return all 4 chairs as they refused to exchange and couldn't take in store. A courier was arranged which took a week to come. The chairs were collected 12th June. I was advised once the chairs had been in transit for 24hrs I would receive a refund to purchase the chairs again. No refund was given. I have contacted the call centre on 8 separate occasions and been given different excuses and lies. Today £149.99 of £309.93 has been refunded. Today been advised the remaining refund was issued yesterday and will take up to 14 working days to be refunded. I was then advised the delivery charge hadn't been refunded and this would also be refunded today so I will receive my refund in 3 separate transactions. I can't speak to a manager I can only send a formal complaint email which takes up to 14 working days to respond. I'm literally losing the will to live with this. I just want my money back so I can buy some dining chairs. The Range have had my money since 30th May!"
"I went in the range shop today and got a few things in store and thought I'd go in cafe for something to eat and drink which was about 11am no one in cafe so not busy there was only one staff on serving I was stood awhile waiting there was another member of staff asking for a coffee and was in deep conversation with server and not really interested in serving me then eventually she served me I ask for bacon sandwich. Toasted tea cake . Eccles cake , pot of tea for 2 which she gave me and said she'd bring the rest over when ready . I was waiting for about 20!mins as she was on the phone taking for ages and didn't seem concerned I was waiting for food . And the Eccles cake was as had as rock tasted stale so I left it , I won't be going in cafe again I will be going in shop again just not cafe ,"
"I shop in Range because they have good quality products in good price."
"On the 22/05/18 we purchased a Palma garden table and 6 chairs in Black from the Cwmdu store in Swansea. When i opened the table i noticed an apparent poor weld on the table which i didn't think much of at the time and thought it would be fine. within 3-4 days the weld started to rust. also noticed on close inspection that one of the welds has split on a chair. We hadn't used this product yet, it has simply been put in garden which is what its intended use is. My wife took the product back to the store 4 days later when we noticed the weld had started to rust. The store manager accused my wife of us damaging the product and refused a replacement or refund, with total disregard for the product guarantee or our consumer rights. I complained to the range head office on 26/05/18 their response 20 days later! "I'd like to firstly thank you for attaching photographic evidence and your contract of sale to this case. It is with regret after looking into this case further, you have stated that you purchased the product in question on 22-May-2018, and noticed the apparent weld on the table at this time, this raises the question as to why you did not return this item to store at this time. This would have then been addressed at store level, our team at Cwmdu would have been able to assist you further with this product. " absolutely shocking in my opinion, head office also have total disregard for product guarantees or the consumer rights act and a terrible response time. will now be contacting the consumer ombudsman given their stance on returning faulty sub standard products"
"I brought a mirror in the range for a house I had just moved into, so as you can imagine after buying so much furniture else where and redecorating I was strapped for cash. When I took the mirror home and opened it, the mirror was broken. I took the mirror back to the store the next day which they told me it’s my problem and I should have checked it once I left the store. They refused to swap it and took my £80 and left me with a broken mirror which I can’t do anything with. Day light robbery!!! I would never shop here again or would I recommend it to anyone else. Horrible customer service and this all happened in the Slough store...…"
The Range is rated 3.33 based on 150 reviews