The Range Reviews

Over a week
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"I wouldn’t even give one star if there was an option. Ordered a tv unit and sideboard online, have only opened the tv unit so far, found a piece missing, contacted customer care who said they don’t stock spares which is fine, asked for either a replacement part to be sourced or a replacement unit. Either way, if the part was taken from a different unit then one unit would not be useable, this was refused and was told to email with a preferred collection date for the item then, I’ve never received a reply to the 4 further emails I’ve sent, I’ve phoned numerous times to be on hold for nearly an hr each time with a 15 second loop saying how great the range is on constantly. To finally get through, say hello then get hung up, the next time 40 mins after getting through to wrong department being told I was being transferred ending up back in the same department who put me back on hold, got through then another 40 minutes later to be told that he would speak to the buyers and get the piece sourced and sent out to me and they would confirm by email the next day at the latest that was another 5 days ago. So cannot get a reply by email, lied to when finally get through on phones and no end to the matter in sight, cannot return to store as was online order I was told, cannot arrange collection on the unit with the missing piece as no one will reply to my email and seems I was lied to about them sorting a replacement piece. (Which they could just open another box and hand to me!) absolute joke of a company, do not care about their customers so will never set foot inside a range store again, and looking at other reviews many people feel the same. You need to sort yourselves out!"
Are you The Range? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"very poor customer service. I tried to return a garden ornament which had cracked badly during a very mild Winter, only to be told it should have been put inside during Winter months. (Who has room to put such items in their house?) The Customer Service dept said there would have been warning labels on said item.(THERE WASN'T.) They were not interested in giving me a refund or replacement or exchange. I had only had it for a month when it cracked. Only fit to be inside even though it was an OUTSIDE GARDEN item. Will never shop there again."
"BEWARE I so wish we had read the reviews prior to trying to purchase from this site and organisation. Getting the product delivered is an absolute joke. Our item seemed to go missing between despatch and delivery. The very laid back customer service agent said he would not give me any further information regarding this, it is just what he suspects has happened. He would do us the favour of reordering our item but it could take up to another further 10 days for the item to be delivered. He was not interested in making the situation better but organising a delivery date, it would be our problem if we couldn't be in on the date it would be delivered. He was quite happy to just cancel our order and advised "well your refund could take up to 14 days". So we now have no product and have to wait potentially another 14 days to get back our £452. The Range really needs to sort out their systems and get rid of Customer Service Assistants who are happy to lose customers and have no interest in doing the job they are paid to do. Never again will we purchase from this website as this has to be the worst experience in on-line shopping we have ever experienced. Good luck to anyone who tries as by looking at the reviews over the last 24hrs over 47.93% have given a one star as well. In my opinion it is one star too many."
"So where to start with the appalling service - if I can even call it that, so far. So on the 23rd March in ordered a Sofia ottoman bed. Unfortunately a Sofia ottoman bed is not what I received. After going through the farce of proving I was not lying about receiving the wrong item, you told me someone would be in touch to arrange a collection date of my choosing. This did not happen I was told when and what time with no option - great more loss of hours at work! I was told once the order had been processed I would receive my refund, well here comes the shocker I finally received my refund on the 18th April to only discover you had refunded me £9.95 that’s a total of £230.00 missing absolutely brilliant. After several phone calls and several different excuses we were told on the 2nd May I would receive my refund in 3-5 working days but to allow for the bank holiday. It is now the 14th May and still no refund. I am absolutely disgusted by the quality of the customer service after being told several times your customer service manager are not customer facing and it’s there policy not to talk on the phone and I have to email . Well I can tell you now I have emailed I was told someone would be in touch they never were not even slightly surprised at this point. I just want to know how you feel about allowing a 70 year old pensioner to be down £230 and no one care in the slightest. I expect my refund and compensation because quite frankly this has been disgusting and going on far too long with no one caring. I am sick and tired of being lied to and being told people will be in touch and notes will be added because quite frankly no one is doing anything. Absolutely appalling ! I look forward to hearing your response if I am finally lucky enough to be privileged enough to receive one ! My order number for reference is s7295962"
"It has taken over 4 weeks to get a refund for goods that never arrived. Delivery promised on 2 different dates but informed on day couldn't deliver despite having to take time off work. Now been promised full refund twice, but only received partial payment. Dreadful service."
"The returns process is a joke. One set of outdoor lights never worked and it took 35 minutes to get a refund. The second set worked for 2 weeks then dies. What a waste of time and money. Will be avoided in future."
"Bought slug pellets priced at £1.99 on shelf. After opening them noticed on receipt charged £5.99. Went back to store to inform them, took photo of product & shelf. Staff admitted priced wrong, didn’t even have £1.99 ones in stock. Told to contact customer service head office. Despite me saving them a lot of money by pricing the item correctly they wouldn’t refund me £4. More importantly customer service dreadful. Customers obviously not important to the business."
"Went to buy some bird feed, 4kg,feed shelved in wrong label£4.99. Took it to the till it came as difference price. The manager said 4kg and 20kg priced as £14.99. She even said customer must read before pick up the item. She even said that she saw customers filling in the wrong shelf. About 6bags in the shelf under wrong label. The manager thinks that the staff are perfect and the customers are wrong. Couldn't believe it. No more shopping at range."
"If you ever need a refund the good luck. Bought a bookcase early in April but we didn’t like the look so took it b@ck to our St Albans store & got an email stating 3-5 working days & your money will be refunded. After nearly 4 weeks & various promises & also being told that supervisors don’t come to the phone to discuss complaints I’m still waiting for my £69."
"Customer service do not listen, presume they are on a script. The Range do not take any responsibility for their customers deliveries they advise once an order has been delivered to their delivery company it is your responsibility they do supply a telephone number but after 43 and 22 minutes could not get through as XPD even though I was the next call to be answered, they do not answer and they do not give an option for delivery dates it is their date. Was advised by The Range will just leave with a neighbour I did not want that they advised I did not have an option think they are breaking GDPR as it means someone is privy to your order without permission.NOT AT ALL HELPFUL IN ARRANGING AN ALTERNATIVE DATE ACTUALLY NO HELP AT ALL. Have cancelled order, lets hope note on door works, telling them order cancelled but will not hold my breath........"
"Plates arrived broken. Thin cardboard all the packaging that was between each one. I paid substantial amount for packaging and presumed warehouse would take due care but not the case. On- line enquiry form would not work. I was advised by a customer care worker that it was temperamental!!! No rely from social media platform when I sent photos of broken items. Phoned customer care team again. Lady could do nothing to help or wouldn’t is more the case. I paid fair and square for my items but I now have broken products and a large company unprepared to help. What an easy way to make profit! Would not recommend on-line service or weak customer care back-up as they did not get back to me or accept any responsibility for the inadequate packing. Why isn’t the employee who packaged the items so poorly being spoken to?"
"Ordered 2 wagon wheel benches two days ago, arrived box ripped opened boxs damaged goods also the worst joinery I've ever seen, jointing loose, dowels glued in wrong position, wheels jointed badley its the worst joinery I've seen in all my years being in the trade. How can they even imagine selling these poor quality and flimsy items . I hav entries ringing them spent over a hour can't get through and there not replying to my emails. The range you should be ashamed of yourselves."
"Shocking customer service. Received a damaged wardrobe on 6th April, 19 days later still fighting to get a new one delivered. Continually ignored and the company and couriers they use are shocking."
"polite and efficient service at the Range eastbourne. thank you Sarah"
"we brought a fish tank from the range recently that has sprung a leak this morning.after speaking to the manager of the gosport brank and head office we are appauled on the lack of care and the manners of all involved.evefy time we go to the range they never have anything u need.but as customers we are owed a duty of care."
"Terrible service. Supervisor unhelpful."
"I visited local Range store for an item which showed on website as "in stock". I couldn't find item on any shelves so queried with a cashier who checked computer and confirmed they had 3 in stock - she contacted someone from the Gardening Department who said he'd been looking for the items a few days ago for another customer but he couldn't find them and didn't know where they were ! I asked Cashier to order for me and I would pay there and then, but apparently that's not possible (???). I was told to go home and order on-line for collection the next day. I duly placed the order on-line but because I was concerned over the unusual wording of their T&C's (and also an unexpected increase in the delivery time for collection at the store) I decided to check on-line Reviews - I am so glad that I did because it seems to me that the firm is not at all interested in customer care. I have decided to purchase the item elsewhere because I would prefer to pay more and deal with a firm who has the interest of customers as one of its core value !"
"Can you believe a retailer would treat their customers this way we ordered six dining room chairs off the website when they arrived two are damaged we contacted the customer service team (Christine) and the service is nothing short of shambolic they want to collect the two chairs then two hours after collection they will place an order for them to be replaced with delivery up to seven days (do we sit on the floor till they arrive) do they not trust their customers? We have suggested two options to them 1) we will return the two damaged chairs to the local store and swop them for new ones, answer we do not have the facility to do this. 2) We pay for two new chairs and then when delivered we send the old ones back for a refund but they want us to pay an additional £9.95 delivery for their mistake. As customers we make our choices on where we shop but the attitude of the customer services team is they couldn't care less."
"staff were very helpful when asked questions in shop and Kenton on till pleasant, would just like all items showing prices some missing on the craft section"
The Range is rated 2.80 based on 245 reviews