The English Bed Company Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend The English Bed Company

How would you rate The English Bed Company ?

"Absolutely brilliant quality and I received regular emails updating me until my bed was ready for delivery. Good communication is very rare these days. The delivery team were very efficient too. I would recommend The English Bed Company to anyone"
"I have recently taken delivery of my new bed and have to say I'm over the moon. The build quality is fantastic, and the service from start to finish has been superb (even down to the delivery company who were so professional, they even came in and built the bed). I would highly recommend The English Bed Company again and again, and would not hesitate to buy further items for the home."
"I received our bed last week and I was delighted by the quality of the bed. We did wait a long time to deliver and I did have to chase updates a few times. The delivery company they used weren't great. We did have a tight fit to get the headboard up the stairs. The delivery guys insisted that the head board needed to be returned as they had tried everything and it wouldn't fit. I pointed out we had a dry run with a large cardboard mock up and that it would fit if they moved it the way I suggested them to. Despite their protests they had already tried I asked them to do it again and it worked first time. Slightly irritating to say the least. But delighted with my bed"
"Bed was delivered and delivery company could not get it up the stairs. called up and first enquiry was great - presented with options and also advised that some companies have taken a window out to get the bed upstairs. We then called a window glazer to get the window out at a cost of £125p/h who literally took the bed up the flight of stairs in 5 minutes. We then realised that the instructions to build the bed were not in any of the boxes. I called up and was assured on 3 separate occasions that the instructions had been sent via email while I was on the phone. We were not given the instruction as the delivery men were meant to build it themselves ( funny that). It took my husband 3 hours to build it on his own as the gas lift was a bit tricky. When I complained I gave all this information as well as photos of the scuff marks on the fabric, holes in lining and studs not hammered in correctly - I was told that they would pay back £45 and they would sent someone from the factory (in Blackburn and Manchester) to London to take care of the scuffs - This as photos showed would involve removing the side panels. My husband point blank refused as it took so long to put together. Now I paid over £80 for delivery and then a further £125 to get the bed up my staircase and now have a damaged item. I dont feel that this is a good enough compensation and have since emailed and phoned only to be ignored. Stay away from this company unless you are have to pay a small fortune (£1200 is a small fortune to me) for faulty goods and bad service."
"I have never given any company a 1 star before...if I could no stars I would. I ordered what I thought was my dream bed in lovely cool grey velvet, it arrived as quoted 8 weeks only to be the wrong colour as it was Lavender and with no slats. The delivery team made me a makeshift plinth so I could use the bed at least. I was promised the bed would be corrected in colour but I had to wait another 8 weeks. I was also promised that the new slats would follow with a 2nd delivery team immediately. Slats arrived after weeks of chasing, they arrived unbooked and no team to sort out the bed, so I decided to wait for the correct bed to arrive...and it arrived about 10 weeks later at 9pm at night and still in the wrong colour...shockingly in the same colour as the 1st bed..officially called Heather!! The 1st bed we had dismantled to be ready to the new installation due to the late ETA of the replacement. Pure frustration! I emailed and phoned, of which no one would call me back, when I did get through I was told the colour I had selected from the swatches they sent me was now discontinued...I had to demand compensation of which I have now had though barely a token gesture (even on that I had to chase and I am still waiting on the email to say it was done though it appears on my statement now) ...additionally at no point did the manager speak to me or their staff apologise for the issues and leaving me with a bed that is Lavender. There are similar beds, even at cheaper prices on the market. All I am thankful is that I bought my mattress from Benson Beds, it arrived in days, on time and the correct colour plus they kindly gave a couple of mattress protectors and free delivery! They even followed up to ensure all went smoothly..."
"The English Bed Company sold me a mattress. After 18 months I realised that half the turfs had come through and there where big gapping holes where the turfs should have been\ (my cleaner had not informed me and it was only when I changed the bed myself. I contacted the company thinking that they were a reputable company selling quality products and would quickly repair the mattress. How wrong they did not want to know they say they only give a 1 year gaurentee on their products. So beware DO NOT BUY A MATRESS off them their products are shoddy and their customer service worse. BUY ELSEWHERE. I should have gone to John Lewis! I just feel awful that I have recommended their products to my friends. THEY ARE COWBOYS! I would not buy anything from them! They also sell Sofas so beware, I intend to take legal advise."
"Quality Bed Headboard purchased received within a short period of time"
The English Bed Company is rated 3.50 based on 8 reviews