The English Bed Company Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend The English Bed Company

How would you rate The English Bed Company?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

3 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Louise

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about The English Bed Company in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I have never given any company a 1 star before...if I could no stars I would. I ordered what I thought was my dream bed in lovely cool grey velvet, it arrived as quoted 8 weeks only to be the wrong colour as it was Lavender and with no slats. The delivery team made me a makeshift plinth so I could use the bed at least. I was promised the bed would be corrected in colour but I had to wait another 8 weeks. I was also promised that the new slats would follow with a 2nd delivery team immediately. Slats arrived after weeks of chasing, they arrived unbooked and no team to sort out the bed, so I decided to wait for the correct bed to arrive...and it arrived about 10 weeks later at 9pm at night and still in the wrong colour...shockingly in the same colour as the 1st bed..officially called Heather!! The 1st bed we had dismantled to be ready to the new installation due to the late ETA of the replacement. Pure frustration! I emailed and phoned, of which no one would call me back, when I did get through I was told the colour I had selected from the swatches they sent me was now discontinued...I had to demand compensation of which I have now had though barely a token gesture (even on that I had to chase and I am still waiting on the email to say it was done though it appears on my statement now) ...additionally at no point did the manager speak to me or their staff apologise for the issues and leaving me with a bed that is Lavender. There are similar beds, even at cheaper prices on the market. All I am thankful is that I bought my mattress from Benson Beds, it arrived in days, on time and the correct colour plus they kindly gave a couple of mattress protectors and free delivery! They even followed up to ensure all went smoothly..."
Belinda Jones Wirral
Verified Reviewer
"The English Bed Company sold me a mattress. After 18 months I realised that half the turfs had come through and there where big gapping holes where the turfs should have been\ (my cleaner had not informed me and it was only when I changed the bed myself. I contacted the company thinking that they were a reputable company selling quality products and would quickly repair the mattress. How wrong they did not want to know they say they only give a 1 year gaurentee on their products. So beware DO NOT BUY A MATRESS off them their products are shoddy and their customer service worse. BUY ELSEWHERE. I should have gone to John Lewis! I just feel awful that I have recommended their products to my friends. THEY ARE COWBOYS! I would not buy anything from them! They also sell Sofas so beware, I intend to take legal advise."
"Quality Bed Headboard purchased received within a short period of time"
The English Bed Company is rated 2.33 based on 3 reviews