Book People Reviews

04AM
4AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Book People deliver?

How can I contact Book People?

Tell us how Book People made you happy

"Disheartening to see so many reviews saying they've had the same complaint, not making me feel that a resolution is likely any time soon. I placed an order at the end of December. When it arrived one book was missing (ticked on the order sheet but another that I did receive wasn't ticked). The missing book was from the same range as another that is received, which quite frankly was rubbish and not worth what I'd paid and therefore I'd have wanted to return both. Over the next six weeks I've tried to phone multiple times but no one answers, the FAQ section refers to an online chat button that doesn't exist, and I sent three emails backed up by three online enquiries. They eventually responded to one of the online enquiries saying they'd not received my email, they only mentioned one date but I assume they meant any of emails nor the two earlier online enquiries - which I find highly unlikely! I've now replied with a fourth email which included the history of my prior messages, but still no reply or resolution. I accept that mistakes happen, particularly over the busy Christmas period, however the complete lack of reply and customer service is unacceptable. Such a shame really as myself and family have used The Book People a lot over many years."
Are you Book People? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I placed an order, well on time for when I needed the books. The delivery arrived late, though I was repeatedly assured that it would be on time when I called. It was then left out in the rain while I was away. When I returned I tried to get a refund for the item, which I didn;t need anymore. A month later I have yet to get the money, though I have returned the items. One item was missing from the order and I only received a refund when I called and insisted on getting a refund. Communication is poor, I got no response at all to the many emails I sent and I often spent 30mins+ on hold."
"You cancelled my order and only refunded the cost of the book, not the cost of next day delivery I paid which was actually more expensive than the book. I have emailed several times and tried calling but I am just being ignored. I am disappointed and annoyed."
"Very quick delivery and great value for money"
"Quick delivery, very effecient. Most of their books prices are very competìtive"
"Wide choice, competitive prices, for all ages. Very good value for money."
"always very easy to order and brilliant value for money on their books - also very quick delivery"
"Efficient and timely delivery. Great offers on books and gifts a like. They write informative blurbs and answer queries and take on board criticism. I have been purchasing from them for many years and in that time they have provided excellent value for money. On top of that customer service is great."
"We always use The Book People for our children's books, as we find the Collections the best value we can find. Our recent purchase was for Phonics books for our daughter. They took a little longer to be dispatched and delivered (through Hermes) than normal, but still arrived in good time and were a great product for the price."
"Book People is fantastic - great prices and always loads of offers and discounts e.g. free delivery over £25 etc"
"Excellent price and service as usual, can't be faulted. I had also saved up enough points to get an extra book for free too."
"Amazing online store with fantastic books available at bargain prices. Always helpful and professional. Cannot recommend highly enough"
"Their website is easy to use. They have a vast quantity of merchandise to choose from and they don't take long to get your order out to you. It is also packaged very carefully so nothing gets damaged in transit."
"My daughter loves to read and was delighted with her books."
"Everything I wanted was in stock, theres loads of choice and the prices are amazing and fantastic delivery"
"Very well priced books and extremely fast standard delivery."
"Great range of books for all ages at good prices. Promptly despatched and well packed. Any hiccups are easily dealt with by phone by an efficient and genuinely friendly staff member. I unhesitatingly recommend The Book People especially to parents - the form takes the risk out of ordering children's books. For older children and adults whole sets of books are on sale at prices you'll find hard to believe."
"I was able to avail of free postage and bought four books at an excellent price."
"Good value and quick delivery. One item not in box, but after a phone call it was delivered next day. Plus free gift. Excellent service."
"Lots of choice in book sets at really low prices"
Book People is rated 4.55 based on 31 reviews