woolroom Reviews

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
customer service
Read woolroom Reviews

About woolroom:

Woolroom sells natural, chemical free bedding and mattresses. Whether you're looking for a new duvet, pillows, topper or a mattress you'll be sure to find something that can ensure you get a healthier, more rested night's sleep.

#ThisIsWhatHappyFeelsLike

info@thewoolroom.com

33-35 Pillings Road, Oakham, Rutland

Tell us how woolroom made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
I really wanted to love this. It is lumpy and loses shape very quickly. I've had it since this fall and it is not worth buying.
Was not told Of Duty Would not have ordered
The issue started right after I made the purchase. I wondered how an extra $30 was added to my charge and realized that had been tacked on for shipping with it not even showing up or having me select a shipping option. Usually if it does not pop up, it's free shipping. Then when I received it, I messed with the stuffing as it says to do to make it comfortable. I tried sleeping on it one night and ended up sleeping directly on the bed it was so uncomfortable. The next night I ended up on my boyfriend's pillow. I gave up trying to make it work. The stuffing ended up on the opposite side of the pillow so it left my neck in a very uncomfortable angle. I contacted them for a return label, because it says free returns on their website, and they said I can't return it. I have no idea how you are supposed to see if a pillow is comfortable if you can't even try and sleep on it. Now I'm stuck with an expensive, gimmicky pillow that I can't return and have no desire to use. Perhaps the birds in the neighborhood will have a use for the stuffing for their nests. I have not been this dissatisfied with a company before. Do not waste your money or time.
This product was not for us - we returned it unfortunately ticking 'used' as we had taken it out of the packaging and put it over ourselves within two covers for a short while to see if we liked it. T&Cs state we could not return it as used. (we should have read this)We therefore had it returned to us and we are left with a product we do not want because we found it dense and heavy. Very poor customer service and left us feeling they have no faith in the product if it could not be 'trialled' - you either buy it/use it and therefore keep it.
Still yet to receive the duvet inner having placed an order two weeks ago- unfortunately this delay was not communicated before or after I placed the order and has meant that we had to purchase a second duvet inner from a different retailer. Looking forward to receiving this duvet based on the other reviews but I would be wary ordering from here again.
I still have not received it
I've had multiple issues with Woolroom. Firstly an order was delivered to a shop that was 40 minutes away from me- I do not live in a rural area, and never gave my permission for my order to be delivered elsewhere. I have plenty of neighbours who would have accepted the parcel. I have had to wait weeks for the parcel to be returned to sender before requesting a refund. I then saw an online advert offering "free delivery with all orders" so thought I would give them another try and reorder my initial order. However, on clicking through the advert and trying to place the order, no free delivery was available. I contacted them and they said this promotion had ended, however I tried to place the order within minutes of clicking the advert, and no end date was mentioned on the advert.
I ordered slippers size 10 for a 4-5yr child and received size 9-10 adult slippers. I called the helpline who said she'd call me back after checking to see if they had any of the size I ordered in stock. 4 days later still no phone call!!! Website now shows no stock so returned the adult slippers. Not happy.
Went to one of the shops. Checked to see if a duvet was available and was told yes. Once purchased was told that only the one of display was available at the time, told that it was in perfect conditon. Once unpacked found that the duvet was not in a good conditon. When i contacted the company I was told that a replacement would not be available for a further 2 weeks.
Not yet here, was told it would be here on Friday 3rd.
Stop sending me emails
I rarely give bad reviews, however I think your fulfilment/logistics process needs seriously looking into. Yesterday, I finally received my in stock mattress after having to make three phone calls and waiting for six weeks, before anybody could be bothered to load it onto the back of a lorry and drive it 130 miles down the motorway.
Hi Heike,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. I'm so sorry to read that you've had a negative experience with Woolroom.
Excellent customer service is something we take very seriously, and having looked into your order, I can see that the service you received was anything but 'excellent'.

A system error on our side, left your order 'in limbo' and as a result wasn't picked up by our logistics team to be fulfilled until you called chasing. While I'm sure it's little comfort at this point, I can absolutely assure you that this wasn't something we'd encountered often before, but have now completely resolved this issue for all future orders.

We hope that you have the most blissful night's sleep on your new mattress, and consider giving Woolroom another chance in the future. We'd love to be able to show you why so many other customers love the service we offer.

With kind regards,
Adam
I bought the deluxe mattress topper about 18 months ago along with a deluxe wool pillow. To be perfectly honest the mattress topper has made no significant difference in comfort or heat regulation. The pillow was a pain as I had to take it out of the pillow case and protector to fragment/plump up the wool inside every other day, what a pain that was, I have since discarded it. The cost was nearly £250 a total waste of my hard earned money, I would not recommend these two products. M.B. Sheffield
We ordered a double Duvet when we should have ordered a king size yet when returned it we were told the duvet and the bag was covered in hair and the return was not accepted and we wuold have to pay for it. when we then recieved it back there was 3 small hairs on the bag about 2 cm long. not exactly covered in hair. clearly a con to get us to pay for it. dont buy from these cowboys.
Bought a mattress protector. Arrived opened on a rainy day so was wet. Haven’t tried it yet as drying out. As review asks if damaged have said yes as damp.
The blanket makes too much noise when you touch it. I don't think we would be able to sleep with it as I move a lot and it would annoy my partner.
Very disappointed on receipt of the pillow, it had zero substance, immediately failed pillow test (see YouTube). Ordered extra filling which arrived but was shocked that its only about 2 handfuls of wool. To make the pillow of any substance you would need at least 5 extra wool packages. Sent the pillow back, Woolroom refused refund, plus never returned Pillow, as we used it, although the pillow was kept in its cloth package and pillowcase, they still refused a refund or returned the pillow. I will not use the Woolroom again, overpriced and a poor product, buy an Eve or Simba pillow instead much better product
Very confused as to why the newer undied cotton cover to wool topper has shrunk 6 inches at the sides only. I have an original white bleached topper which has retained its shape and size through years of washing. It is a double and would now struggle to fit 4ft bed. It has the same wash in wool/ silk wash at 30 degrees and is left over 3 hangers flat for days to dry. At 200 pounds a very expensive item we now can no longer use. We bought another to make sure we always had one to use in rotation.
Be warned - don't try to change anything in their automated system - they don't have the flexibility to handle it. I ordered a mattress protector and all I asked was for the delivery to be delayed until I got back from holiday, I did check this was possible before I ordered! I informed them in advance by email, as advised. No problem they said - then I entered the automated world of The Woolroom... Various emails exchanged, including with Chris the MD - lots of assurances that the order would be on hold until I got back and they would send it out then - but what happened was very different. The order was in the system and was still sent - I wasn't there, it got sent back by the courier, they said they sent a refund - I haven't received it yet. They tell me to order again, 'apologies it slipped through the system'.... but why would I when I already paid for items I haven't received? - get the picture Such a shame - I liked the concept but seems like automation rules here... #ThisIsWhatHappyFeelsLike - I don't think so...
Disappointing service, seriously let down as item never arrived. Had to wait longtime for refund. Got the product elsewhere in the end. Won't use Woolroom again.
I am sorry to hear of the service you have received. I have had a look back at what has happened and can see there were some issues surrounding the delivery.

I can see you placed the order on 9.07.2019 and delivery was attempted on the 10.07.2019, where DPD have unfortunately attempted delivery to the right street but not the right house. This is very unlike DPD and very unusual, we then called and asked DPD to return to you later that afternoon and provided special instructions and asked them to call you if they were still struggling to locate you. It seems the driver has gone back to the wrong house again despite our best efforts and additional infomation.

Understandably you then called and asked us to cancel the order on the 11.07.2019 which was actioned and a refund issued at that point, these can take 3-5 working days to appear back on your account. The order then came back to us on the 12.07.2019 after the refund had been processed.

We are very sorry for the unfortunate events that led to you having to cancel the order and shop elsewhere, again this is very unusal for DPD and they are normally very efficient in their deliveries.

Thank you for the feedback, we will take this on board.

Woolroom