The Trade Centre Wales Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend The Trade Centre Wales

Neath Abbey Business Park, Swansea United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate The Trade Centre Wales ?

"The guys at trade centre north Cardiff in collections are so helpful and can’t do enough for you (Elise) (Lauren) (Sophie) (Kate) (Nathan) thank you guys so much:)"
"I purchased a Mercedes A class and within 3 days the drivers side passanger door wouldn’t open nor the window go down. I called TCW aftercare and was advised the next date they can fit me in to fix this would be 6 days time. Then the same day as calling the aftercare team the window when I closed the drivers door slid straight down inside the door and being unable to close. I called TCW around 7 and obviously the aftersales was closed but the sales team was OBVIOUSLY open. I had a call back as advised by reception from a sales manager who was USELESS at aftersales but probably an AMAZING salesman!!! He told me to try and secure it which was impossible and made out he was doing me a favour calling me “laughable” please bare in mind I took this from the Cardiff north show room 3 days ago! Eventually I called my breakdown cover who took the car as was not possible to secure and advised me to call TCW in the morning. The break down company when looking at the inside of the door advised me someone had done a notch job as the plastic holding everything in place was snapped. I have now had to hire a car for work. Thanks TCW!!! Let’s see what comes of this in the morning when I ask to cancel the sales agreement if not fixed the a good standard!!!"
"awful. Turn very quickly from friendly and helpful before buying a car to extremely evasive ,bullying,rude and obstructive not to mention the false promises ,if you ever have to deal with them make sure you get everything in writing because verbal conversations will be denied at a later date, if you should encounter any problems afterwards, this is both at branch level and customer services at head office level,they just keep talking over you going round and round in circles, without listening to anything you may have to say or any suggestion you may have in solving any problem, any fault found (even 5) will have occured after they sold you the car ,even if reported the next day because it was too late to contact them the same day,the problems will be your fault not theirs,and they will ignore ,lie and try to bully you in to submission."
"awful ,very pleasant when selling a car but afterwards any problems (and there were quite a few ) are dealt with by rude,unhelpful and arrogant people, any problem is dismissed even when head office call you they have the same bullying attitude about them. Be very wary buying from them ,if the car turns out ok then fine but dont expect any problems to be sorted after they have your cash."
Kenneth Morris
Unverified Reviewer
"I bought a Ford Focus two years ago. On getting it home, it started to lose traction badly on wet roads. Three visits to Merthyr later it was found that the power steering was leaking onto the tyres and brakes. Also , the mechanic who checked the brakes did not put them back properly. They refused to refund my money even thought it is a criminal offence to sell an unroadworthy vehicle. In two years it has had three power steering pumps. Do not buy from these people. I never will again."
"Very poor after sales had nothing but trouble with the car since I bought it after sales and manager very rood and don't want to know"
Daniel Davies
Unverified Reviewer
"yes brought a car from you was not pleased with it ha a lot of rust underneath but would not take it back did not like to keep it so asked would they swap it by offered 3000 les than I paid for it a day be fore so do not by car from them"
"Dont use em. Had a faulty car from day one and its developing faults faster than you can imagine. Just been told my suspension has been broke for a while and I called TCW up and the first thing she said was "it sounds like a new fault". Ive been driving around like I have Miss Daisy in the back as its a family car. This thing is going back as its not fit for purpose. Need to find out the legals of it."
"I bought a car from Trade Centre Wales in Merthyr back in 2016. Since then everything has been wonderful with my car until I learnt that the car has never actually been in my name since the day I bought it. I got pulled over by the police just as a casual check and got told the car is under the previous owner. The kind officer looked through all the documents Trade Centre gave me and noticed the slip which includes the new owner was missing. I told him that one of you're workers took it and said they would send it off for me because it was my first time buying. So one of the staff didn't even send off the slip so the car I have had since late 2016 has never actually been mine. Absolutely astonished that a 'profesisonal' has never even sent of the slip for me!"
"Terrible customer service Extremely rude staff who answer the telephone at the Cardiff depot. They have a 2015 renault clio advertised on the website "new shape" for £3999. When you enquire, they don't actually have any "new shape" cars for the price, only "old shape" much older models and tell you that you are mistaken. The finance company is a joke, they were incapable of taking my details correctly and made several mistakes. They basically accused me of forging my details as i travel an hour for work - so therefore told me that i gave false details of either my home of work address!!! Shocking!!! **UPDATE** I've also just noticed that pretty much the same car above has now gone up in price by £1000 as you can get an "up to £2000 part exchange deal" with it.... even more shocking!!"
Michael Den Dulk
Verified Reviewer
"Went to the Neath branch this afternoon, mostly as filler for a Sunday afternoon, to have a browse around. That's not to say I wouldn't have walked out with a different car if I'd seen something that I liked. I was 'cornered' by 2 sales gentlemen when I walked in. The only things they wanted to know is if I was going to buy a car, I don't even recall them offering a proper welcome. I explained that I was only browsing, but that if I saw something that took my fancy, anything could happen. They left me to browse, for around 30 seconds, at which point on of them came back to me to badger me some more, asking if I would buy a car if they could get me finance. I told them I wasn't interested and I'd let them know if I needed any assistance. This bought me about 2 minutes of peace, before I got badgered again, asking me how much I could afford. At no point was I asked what I was looking for in a car, all they were interested in was how much money I had and if I wanted finance. After around 15 minutes of this, I just left. The longest I was left alone was maybe 4 minutes and that was only because the sales person that had 'claimed' me went off for a cigarette with a colleague (during which time I could hear them discussing which cars they'd like to offload onto unsuspecting customers). There was no interest in what customers were looking for, only if they had money or if they could sell finance. The cars in stock were nothing like what they advertise with. They were older and more expensive than what they advertise with and from what I could see (I'm no specialist, however) weren't in the greatest condition. Example, they had a few 2014-2015 Dacia Sandero's in stock, base or ambiance models, can't tell exactly as no vehicle information is actually listed on the cars they have in stock, you have to ask or guess. They were selling these cars for around 7000 GBP, the new list price for these cars is at most 7200 GBP for the ambiance model. In essence, they are nearly charging the same price for a 3-year-old car, as what it would cost brand new with full manufacturer guarantee. I noticed this on quite a few of their cars, they seem to be overcharging by at least 2 grand. I wouldn't go here again to look for a car, there are far better places around where the prices are more reasonable, the cars are in better condition and the sales staff actually try to find a car that is suitable to your needs."
"The sale of the vehicle was no problem at all went smoothly, unfortunately on the drive home the problems started. Unlike many I DID have enough fuel to get to the tesco garage up the road, unfortunately on the way there the car was pulling to the left. Upon checking the service book the next day I realised the vehicle was due a service in the next couple of weeks, not in several thousand miles as informed, considering the car was priced at £6999 I was disappointed to say the least. I decided to get it serviced by my usual mechanic and to get tracking looked at while I was there. During the service the mechanic found several faults and said he had NEVER seen so much corrosion underneath a vehicle of that age. So I contacted them and took car back for inspection to be informed it was mostly fine (the pulling to the left didn't exist and was just road camber apparently, subsequent tracking found it to be miles out) and to take it back to Kia under warranty for 3 issues. Kia were great and did the one thing under warranty, replaced a bulb that was one of the other problems and diagnosed the other as battery wasn't charged enough. However they looked at the corrosion and told me to take vehicle back to TCW as it was completely unacceptable. TCW are now refusing to take the vehicle back and refusing to pay for an independent report unless it's done by someone they have chosen local to them. I am now being forced to go to the finance company and credit card to seek a resolution. TCW customer service has been disgraceful at best. Please please please don't buy from them, since this problem several people I know have said they have had similar problems with poor quality vehicles and had to fight tooth and nail to get things sorted. This experience was nearly 3 years ago, I managed to reject the vehicle eventually, but it prompted me to create a page and group on facebook about them as it was very difficult at the time to leave a genuine review about them, their reviews on trustpilot are 95% fake"
"I applied for finance through their website where it states " decision in 60 seconds" after receiving a email saying "application successful" I had a text from them saying I was approved to go and pick a car after choosing a car I was ushered into a room with a sales team member where he filled out a finance online but I explained I had already been told I was approved he said it was just a formality then he asked for a £100 deposit before he submitted the finance application Then later that day the only finance they could find was double the payments that they had originally offered and it would be a guarantee loan! I think its a scam"
"My 37 yr old son walked ahead of me at the neath branch and entered the sales hall. I was about 30 seconds behind him. By time I entered the sales hall I could see and hear a group of salesmen laughing at my son and making fun of him. My son is just recovering from a mental breakdown and these cowards were like a baying pack of wolves. When I got into the middle of them and told them they were a bunch of w##kers one of them told me to f#ck off. When I offered to take it outside on his own away from his friend's he s#it himself. I hope that all these minimum wage jobsworth twats loose their jobs when tradecenter wales finally does us all a favour and goes bankrupt and die. And take the scum that work for you down aswell."
Wendy Andrews
Verified Reviewer
"Didn't finish my review, 23 days later can't use the vehicle due to restricted performance engine warning . The trade centre Abercynon is closed for the xmas holidays. Have informed insurance and they will get the vehicle to the trade centre boxing day. Watch this space, lets hope the company has good after care !"
Wendy Andrews
Unverified Reviewer
"Had a very easy buying process"
"TCW would not stand up and take responsibility for the car they sold having major issues. If it wasn't for the finance company supporting my rejection TCW would have been more than happy to leave me with a car that wasn't changing gear and was dangerous to drive. Be warned. They are great to deal with until things go wrong. Minor repairs are ok but when it comes to serious problems they wipe their hands of you. I was luck you may not be."
"Bought a car on finance back in January within the first few months car kept cutting out. Complained to tcw but because it was out of the 30 day warranty they were not interested. Contacted finance provider and after a bit of digging and an invoice of a reputable garage the finance provider refunded me cost of part (alternator) but I had to pay for labour. Taken car for first Mot at 10 Months and failed due to problems with rear wheel bearings that had activated lights on dash. During the course of me having this car it has already cost me in excess of over £500 not including my finance payments. Do not buy your cars from tcw unless you have an AA or RAC mechanic with you to check the car over 1st. As a Lot of the cars judging by people’s reviews don’t function properly and you are left picking up the pieces. Just because you obtained your decision on finance from tcw doesn’t necessarily mean you have to spend your money there ring the finance company 1st and I’m sure they will be happy to allow you to use it at another dealership. Don’t get trapped by tcw"
"Bought a car from the Neath branch, the man who helped me was very helpful. I’ve had nothing but problems with the car ever since I drove it away from the branch. One of the problems was a few days after I parked up, got out of my car and went to work, half hour later had a phone call to say that my car had rolled down the hill and crashed into a wall. I rang trade centre and explained what had happened, the lady in customer services basically said that it was my fault and the handbrake had been left off (even though I know that it was up), after speaking to me very rudely she hung up the phone and trade centre basically told me to sort it myself. When it went into the garage to be repaired the garage found the fault with the handbrake and yet trade centre wales still wouldn’t take fault for this. I really would not recommend anyone to buy a car from here. They may be cheaper than other garages but i’d much rather pay the extra and get a reliable problem free car! never ever again will I be going here"
"Adele handled the booking and courtesy car very professionally at the customer care centre in Abercynon"
The Trade Centre Wales is rated 1.44 based on 61 reviews