The Trade Centre Wales Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend The Trade Centre Wales

Neath Abbey Business Park, Swansea United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate The Trade Centre Wales?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

51 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Michael den Dulk

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about The Trade Centre Wales in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Michael Den Dulk
Verified Reviewer
"Went to the Neath branch this afternoon, mostly as filler for a Sunday afternoon, to have a browse around. That's not to say I wouldn't have walked out with a different car if I'd seen something that I liked. I was 'cornered' by 2 sales gentlemen when I walked in. The only things they wanted to know is if I was going to buy a car, I don't even recall them offering a proper welcome. I explained that I was only browsing, but that if I saw something that took my fancy, anything could happen. They left me to browse, for around 30 seconds, at which point on of them came back to me to badger me some more, asking if I would buy a car if they could get me finance. I told them I wasn't interested and I'd let them know if I needed any assistance. This bought me about 2 minutes of peace, before I got badgered again, asking me how much I could afford. At no point was I asked what I was looking for in a car, all they were interested in was how much money I had and if I wanted finance. After around 15 minutes of this, I just left. The longest I was left alone was maybe 4 minutes and that was only because the sales person that had 'claimed' me went off for a cigarette with a colleague (during which time I could hear them discussing which cars they'd like to offload onto unsuspecting customers). There was no interest in what customers were looking for, only if they had money or if they could sell finance. The cars in stock were nothing like what they advertise with. They were older and more expensive than what they advertise with and from what I could see (I'm no specialist, however) weren't in the greatest condition. Example, they had a few 2014-2015 Dacia Sandero's in stock, base or ambiance models, can't tell exactly as no vehicle information is actually listed on the cars they have in stock, you have to ask or guess. They were selling these cars for around 7000 GBP, the new list price for these cars is at most 7200 GBP for the ambiance model. In essence, they are nearly charging the same price for a 3-year-old car, as what it would cost brand new with full manufacturer guarantee. I noticed this on quite a few of their cars, they seem to be overcharging by at least 2 grand. I wouldn't go here again to look for a car, there are far better places around where the prices are more reasonable, the cars are in better condition and the sales staff actually try to find a car that is suitable to your needs."
"The sale of the vehicle was no problem at all went smoothly, unfortunately on the drive home the problems started. Unlike many I DID have enough fuel to get to the tesco garage up the road, unfortunately on the way there the car was pulling to the left. Upon checking the service book the next day I realised the vehicle was due a service in the next couple of weeks, not in several thousand miles as informed, considering the car was priced at £6999 I was disappointed to say the least. I decided to get it serviced by my usual mechanic and to get tracking looked at while I was there. During the service the mechanic found several faults and said he had NEVER seen so much corrosion underneath a vehicle of that age. So I contacted them and took car back for inspection to be informed it was mostly fine (the pulling to the left didn't exist and was just road camber apparently, subsequent tracking found it to be miles out) and to take it back to Kia under warranty for 3 issues. Kia were great and did the one thing under warranty, replaced a bulb that was one of the other problems and diagnosed the other as battery wasn't charged enough. However they looked at the corrosion and told me to take vehicle back to TCW as it was completely unacceptable. TCW are now refusing to take the vehicle back and refusing to pay for an independent report unless it's done by someone they have chosen local to them. I am now being forced to go to the finance company and credit card to seek a resolution. TCW customer service has been disgraceful at best. Please please please don't buy from them, since this problem several people I know have said they have had similar problems with poor quality vehicles and had to fight tooth and nail to get things sorted. This experience was nearly 3 years ago, I managed to reject the vehicle eventually, but it prompted me to create a page and group on facebook about them as it was very difficult at the time to leave a genuine review about them, their reviews on trustpilot are 95% fake"
"I applied for finance through their website where it states " decision in 60 seconds" after receiving a email saying "application successful" I had a text from them saying I was approved to go and pick a car after choosing a car I was ushered into a room with a sales team member where he filled out a finance online but I explained I had already been told I was approved he said it was just a formality then he asked for a £100 deposit before he submitted the finance application Then later that day the only finance they could find was double the payments that they had originally offered and it would be a guarantee loan! I think its a scam"
"My 37 yr old son walked ahead of me at the neath branch and entered the sales hall. I was about 30 seconds behind him. By time I entered the sales hall I could see and hear a group of salesmen laughing at my son and making fun of him. My son is just recovering from a mental breakdown and these cowards were like a baying pack of wolves. When I got into the middle of them and told them they were a bunch of w##kers one of them told me to f#ck off. When I offered to take it outside on his own away from his friend's he s#it himself. I hope that all these minimum wage jobsworth twats loose their jobs when tradecenter wales finally does us all a favour and goes bankrupt and die. And take the scum that work for you down aswell."
Wendy Andrews
Verified Reviewer
"Didn't finish my review, 23 days later can't use the vehicle due to restricted performance engine warning . The trade centre Abercynon is closed for the xmas holidays. Have informed insurance and they will get the vehicle to the trade centre boxing day. Watch this space, lets hope the company has good after care !"
Wendy Andrews
Unverified Reviewer
"Had a very easy buying process"
"TCW would not stand up and take responsibility for the car they sold having major issues. If it wasn't for the finance company supporting my rejection TCW would have been more than happy to leave me with a car that wasn't changing gear and was dangerous to drive. Be warned. They are great to deal with until things go wrong. Minor repairs are ok but when it comes to serious problems they wipe their hands of you. I was luck you may not be."
"Bought a car on finance back in January within the first few months car kept cutting out. Complained to tcw but because it was out of the 30 day warranty they were not interested. Contacted finance provider and after a bit of digging and an invoice of a reputable garage the finance provider refunded me cost of part (alternator) but I had to pay for labour. Taken car for first Mot at 10 Months and failed due to problems with rear wheel bearings that had activated lights on dash. During the course of me having this car it has already cost me in excess of over £500 not including my finance payments. Do not buy your cars from tcw unless you have an AA or RAC mechanic with you to check the car over 1st. As a Lot of the cars judging by people’s reviews don’t function properly and you are left picking up the pieces. Just because you obtained your decision on finance from tcw doesn’t necessarily mean you have to spend your money there ring the finance company 1st and I’m sure they will be happy to allow you to use it at another dealership. Don’t get trapped by tcw"
"Bought a car from the Neath branch, the man who helped me was very helpful. I’ve had nothing but problems with the car ever since I drove it away from the branch. One of the problems was a few days after I parked up, got out of my car and went to work, half hour later had a phone call to say that my car had rolled down the hill and crashed into a wall. I rang trade centre and explained what had happened, the lady in customer services basically said that it was my fault and the handbrake had been left off (even though I know that it was up), after speaking to me very rudely she hung up the phone and trade centre basically told me to sort it myself. When it went into the garage to be repaired the garage found the fault with the handbrake and yet trade centre wales still wouldn’t take fault for this. I really would not recommend anyone to buy a car from here. They may be cheaper than other garages but i’d much rather pay the extra and get a reliable problem free car! never ever again will I be going here"
"Adele handled the booking and courtesy car very professionally at the customer care centre in Abercynon"
"Sales team are very pushy. Bought a vauxhall corsa for £4.500 and engine wasnt working properly. Took it to our local garage and they explained after testing it that one of the engine cylinders did not have compression. (new engine job) After lots of complaining (only less than a week after purchase) and lots of the telephone going down on us, they finally agreed to fix the car. Around two weeks later we got the car back and it ran much better than before. We put it in to our local garage again for inspection, but they explained that the new engine was a different lemon with various other problems including blown head gasket etc. We immediately got back to T.C.W via telephone and personal visits, they categoracally said that they wouldnt look at the car again. (We had still only owned it less than a month by now). Well all I can say is that we ended up buying another car from elsewhere and the vauxhall corsa went for £150 to a scrap mercheant. Ba****ds!"
"Purchased a car at the weekend - and yes it was one of those advertised at a "reduced price". Was told the car was hpi clear (including finance) shown form and infact had never been under finance. However have just done my own check and it has failed with outstanding finance to a lease company. Looking to return but after reading these reviews am not confident of Trade Centre Wales response!"
"Wow, how rude. I arrived tonight intending to make a cash purchase of a car. I had done all the research all that was left is to check the car was right for my purpose. The sales man went straight into talking about finance and agreeing the price before I had even sat in the car!! I was there to look for a car, not deal with finance, did I mention I was going to do a cash purchase? I told him I am not interested in doing that until I know it the car I wanted, the sales man replied they need to agree the price first!!! This is back to front. I told him I am not interested in that approach then he walked off and left me in the yard!! This is the most bizarre experience I have ever had at a car dealership, then that shouldn't be surprising from an organisation that thinks Abercynon is in Cardiff!!! (Back to school and learn geography me thinks) Needless to say I won't be going back there again, and he actually did me a favour as I found the same car for the same price but newer and 15,000 miles less on the clock. The slogan that says probably the cheapest cars in Wales, should add... Probably not!!!"
"As per all the stories above, no cars at the price listed on the website. Eventually bought a megane. Despite signs everywhere stating we could drive away in an hour we had to come back a week later to collect the car. Still, at least it apparently gave them time to complete their thirty point check on the car...? No. Brakes were spongy all the way home and there was a loud hissing noise in the cabin, plus one of the electric windows didn't work. Took it up with TCW and they suggested I take it to another garage and that they'd pay (I'd bought a warranty). Apparently the brake pads were completely worn and the hissing noise was a broken brake cylinder. We kept the car another 6 months during which time the windows never worked, but we never had time to look for a replacement. I'm absolutely livid at TCW for selling us a vehicle which was described by the repair garage as unroadworthy. The brakes were so worn it was dangerous."
"I have phoned 5 time for car that you just do not have and looking at your feedback you never do I would like to know how you sell cars"
"Bought an Audi a1 and platinum warranty expecting trouble free motoring. After 8 months car has a problem and of course the warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. Left with a car I can't use and Trade Centre customer care weren't interested when I complained. I wa told the warranty covered everything when I took it out. Advise everyone to stay away or end up with an undriveable car and £9000 finance still owing!"
"They have no cars at the prices advertised on their website but they won't admit that too you when you enquire. So they lure you in under false pretenses and then badger you relentlessly to buy anything from their grossly over priced stock. So wish I had read their shockingly poor reviews before wasting my time. How Trading Standards have not closed this outfit of Cowboys downis beyond me!"
"Bought an Audi A1 from this branch. Had engine problems within 5 weeks of buying it (warranty conveniently only lasted 4 weeks) and ended up having to shell out over £300 on fixes all of which could have been prevented with a proper service - of which I was told it had had. They offered me £150 after a lot of back and forth towards repairs but don't want to be buying a car to then have so many problems due to inadequate checks and servicing from the dealership. Would not recommend this place - deals "too good to be true"."
"Same experience as many here. Saw selection of low cost cars on website phoned to check if certain models still available, told Yes. Arrived at Wednesbury location (100 miles round trip) to be told all cars had been sold the weekend before then tried to sell me something else. Website misrepresentative, staff lie - is this legal? I will report to trading standards. Given this is how they operate the last thing I would do is buy a car there. Typical second hand car sales people - no, cowboys!"
Annoyed Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Checked the website had several cars I was interested in. Contacted them via phone and confirmed they were still available. Travelled over 45 mins to get there; when arrived all cars had sold. Yet they are still advertised on their website and autotrader now. The gentleman tried talking us into getting finance; I don't believe they have the cars advertised it is just to get you there. I have travelled there twice and both times they have JUST SOLD. Will not be going to here again and would not recommend anyone to go there!!!!! TOTAL WASTE OF TIME"
The Trade Centre Wales is rated 1.43 based on 51 reviews