The Sofa Company Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend The Sofa Company
3PM
3PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact The Sofa Company?

About The Sofa Company: The Sofa Company is an established furniture retail business based in Newton Abbot, Devon. We are dedicated to providing quality products to private customers at the lowest prices, and buy in bulk from the original manufacturers wherever possible.

sales@sofa company.co.uk

Home & Garden
Furniture
Home Furnishing

Tell us how The Sofa Company made you happy

"I ordered 2 sofas and 4 chairs from this company in July paid the extra £20 for them to bring in and install - they turned up in August and they refused to take up and install. The chairs did not arrive - after weeks of being told that they were still not in the country due to typhoons/hurricanes and leaves on the track and any other excuse they could give 2 chairs turned up - End of October and still waiting for 2 chairs. Terrible service and would not use them again. so 2-5 day delivery was 4 months and still waiting!"
Are you The Sofa Company? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"BAD QUALITY BONDED LEATHER. A very misleading title "bonded leather means plastic that cracks" After a year the cracks started on my£700 sofa. And it slowly fell apart. When I contacted the sofa company I was told there is nothing they could do re refund or replacement after 12 months. If I had to pay £700 a year for a sofa my life would be in big trouble. I am shocked that there not a law that says this description is misleading and not allowed"
"Bought a leather sofa from sofa-company.co.uk for my reception area in my office - so very little use. After 4 years of hardly any use the leather has cracked and is peeling away. Phoned the sofa-company.co.uk and was told that there was nothing they could do about it. Appalling response and very, very poor products. Do not buy from them, you will only regret it. (By the way the 2 single chairs I bought from IKEA have way outlasted this leather sofa!"
"Went to showroom and tried thwir recliners. Found one i liked and ordered/paid for it. The chair arrived a day late to me; i was waiting all day Thursday for it and nothing arrived. I phoned The Sofa Company and the lady told me that it would now be to us on the Friday as it was still sitting in the couriers warehouse. A phone call from them would have been nice. When the chair arrived on Friday i assembled it (the spanner in the pack was too big). After it was assembled the chair was fully forward but still in the reclining position. It was completely uncomfortable and nothing like the one i tried in their showroom. I phoned them and after a 30minute conversation trying to explain my problem, i had to email them photos. I did this and heard nothing from them so i phoned them again. The lady I spoke said "from the photos it looks ok, sit in it and push it right back and bring it up a few times" i did this to prove to them that the chair could not move any further forward" they were not understanding me. They kept saying I'd built it wrong. I started to realise that this company were going to be difficult. As it was nothing like tbe one i sat in in their showroom; mine was uncomfortable i decided i wanted to send it back and get a full refund. I dismantled it and repacked it. I told them that it was reboxed and they can sort a courier out to collect it. The following day i phoned them asking them what arrangements had been made and i was told that its up to me to return it even though the item was unsatisfactory. They said the photos i sent them looked ok so its the case of me just not wanting the chair and therefore up to me to return it at my expense. They emailed a return slip for me to attach to the box. I arranged for Parcel Force to collect, paid over £50 for the carriage cost. I tracked it online and emailed them three days later because i heard nothing from them. They tried to make out they hadn't received it. I had the tracking details and the name of who signed for it. When i phoned them back and gave them this info the lady said that they had to check it for damage. Over Two weeks this all took and eventually they refunded the cost of the chair and the guarantee. They have never refunded the cost of me returning it to them. I would never recommend this company and never buy from thwm again. They are a con firm and do not care about the customers after they have sold the goods and received their payment. Do NOT buy from them."
"They sold me a chair which was uncomfortable because a spring was felt very near the surface. When I complained they said it was within manufacturers tolerance and could not be repaired. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY the service is very poor."
"Bought a leather Sofa from them and it started to peel...contacted them and they said it was only guaranteed for 12 months!! I sent photos to them and explained that it was in a room that was rarely used with no direct sunlight, but they were not interested! I asked them to send out an inspector but they refused...do not buy from this company they do not care about their customers...a cheap plastic garden chair we bought had a longer guarantee."
"Terrible after-care service, 9 months after purchase it was identified that the chair had been made from different batches of material that faded at significantly different rates. Offered £10 as compensation, company completely deny that it was a manufacturing fault. Refuse to answer emails."
The Sofa Company is rated 1.00 based on 7 reviews