the saleroom Reviews

30% of reviewers recommend the saleroom
11PM
11PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact the saleroom?

Tell us how the saleroom made you happy

Telephone
"Be very aware if your buying from Stroud Auction Rooms via The Saleroom and internet bidding, I spent many thousands of pounds and although the staff were friendly and very polite there were no boxes available so be advised to take your own, I ended up with a car full of loose diecast models which took hours to collect and load. Look very closely at the pictures or phone them for a condition report on each item as the descriptions are very vague and they do not give the condition of the items, many of my lots were either broken in there original boxes or repainted models which would have swayed me not to buy those lots. May I add that it would be very doubtful if I use them again, I have found other auction houses selling toys a bit more switched on. Quick up date I have just been banned from Stroud Auction Rooms 03/06/19 for giving them a truthful review, after a not so polite phone call from a rude lady I am very happy to be banned, If you do use them I wish you the very best of luck ! they are a lot worse than I first imagined."
Are you the saleroom? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Simply avoid buying via the saleroom. You pay extra but you get no protection or back up. It is a scam like booking.com or Airbnb. They take your money but don't get and support. It is a good search engine but that is it"
"this is company www.the-saleroom.com let pore auction houses like Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd well know at CNA-LTD THE GOT DIFERENT NAME TO CARRION WITH THE cam sale fake Rolex and parts on the web, you need to pay for the lots and after impossible to get any money back, i did lost about £3000 and the-saleroom don't help me with nothing never got any help from them"
"Terrible service the web page freezes i ended up with an item i did not bid on and when i called to complain they banned me from all auctions online. The worse part was they then continued to ban everyone else who uses the same ip address as me so my partner, and some work colleagues. When we attempted to address the problem with them just some rude woman said there is nothing she can do and stated she was too busy and hung up."
"BUYERS. if you want your PERSONAL DATE COMPROMISED, then the sale room is your BEST OPTION. They take all your personal data, bank account details, address, etc for registration which they then approve. Then when you go to log in, your account is IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED for an unknown reason - but they still retain all your PERSONAL DATA. this is totally dishonest - unprofessional and BUYERS - who are not supported in the event of a query, should be aware of this. Go find another honest, trust worthy and cheaper platform to buy on the internet. There are many out there who are HONEST and do not steal your personal data for their own use."
"The sale room is ANTI BUYERS. Just interested in the auction houses, some of which are "questionable" by not even having the items they are auctioning, so the poor buyers have to pay the auction house, plus the saleroom scandalous fees and THEN PAY THE REAL SELLER AS WELL. All of which is condoned by the s/r who refuse to deal with such methods and of course support the auction house and not the buyer who has a legitimate complaint about such practises.Arrogant, inefficient, totally computer reliant, unbelievably unprofessional, unable to deal FAIRLY with complaints, just interested in their huge fees. BUYERS. Look around for the other platforms to buy your goods, somne very honest, cheaper and PROFESSIONAL. AND FAIR TO BUYERS."
"The saleroom is only interested in the auction houses they suppoort. Buyers - who pay them 3% and their grievances totally ignored.. there are always two sides to a grievance but the s/r dont seem to understand that - just interested in collecting their scandalous 3%. My case? they confuse me with someone else & whilst having approved me one day, suspend me the next without me even bidding. THATs COMPUTERS FOR YOU. Buyers be aware - read the reviews from real humans who get shafted by the s/r. there are other more honest platforms to bid on out there.AVOID THE SALE ROOM.WHO DONT EVEN REPLY TO QUESTIONS ABOUT SUSPENSION. Cheats."
"In all my years in buying and selling at auction houses. I have never come across a shambolic auction house like these guys. Not only did my telephone bid not happen. But I was offered the same lot 2 weeks later by the auction house because the winning bidder never paid. Only to find, after the offer was made and duly accepted by myself, they now reneged on the offering. I found them to be unreliable, incompetent, unprofessional and frankly dishonest. These people are amateurs and do not know what they are doing. It seems they have upset many others. My advice to you is sell or buy somewhere else and AVOID 'Stroud Auction Rooms'!"
"The Saleroom plays host to some of the worst behaving auction houses in the Industry and does not in the least police its members practices: A good example is STROUD AUCTIONS which runs a multi-level scam, starting an item at the buyer's "highest bid" level even when it is far higher than the published starting bid and when no buyer has a higher bid programmed. This happened to me recently. THEN, after collecting price and postage, they ship the item smashed in pieces, so well packaged that there is not the slightest chance the damage occured in transit. My credit card company intervened to cancel both charges (auction price and shipping) but I was lucky. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"My account was suspended after failing to pay an auction house within 72 hours. I telephoned the Saleroom only to be told I wasn't able to be trusted. After explaining I had been in hospital receiving cancer treatment I was asked to prove this was the case. When I asked whether it was ethical or legal to share confidential information with a third party I didn't know and had no idea whether the information would be shared, I was told by a very snotty woman in admin that she said the information would be shared with the auction house at which I had bid. My advice is avoid at all costs."
"just a terrible customer experience!, pompous staff who all think they are very much above their own positions, rotten from top to bottom,AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"
"Having used the Salesroom.com for a number of years I was really disappointed to experience how bad their customer service was once a problem arose. The Saleroom.com provides a convenient service for searching auction catalogues and for online bidding for most antique auctions across the country. The problem appears that the Saleroom.com is not concerned whether their service is used by a good or bad auction house - and there are a few really poor, verging on the criminal, auction houses. I came across one of these very poor auction houses recently (Stroud Auction Rooms) via the Saleroom.com. After paying for and collecting my item from the auctioneer (which in itself was a rude and aggressive customer services experience), I was later charged through my card logged with the Saleroom.com an additional £20 late payment fee. Stonewalled by the auctioneer, I turned to the Saleroom.com where I was dealt with by a customer support supervisor. After proving that my payment was not late (with bank statements) and chasing over a 7 week period, I was simply informed that they could not deal with my complaint. Obviously the auction house is a more important customer to them than me. I discovered that auction houses can access your (registered) card freely for 30 days post any sale through the Saleroom.com - That's not a problem when its a reputable auction house but when its an auction house that makes a point of being rude and aggressive and will not allow a complaint to reach a manager - then the Saleroom.com has to step in and take some responsibility. It would appear that this auction house is notorious for this kind of behaviour - a simple google search says it all... Buyers beware... Your card details are not safe."
the saleroom is rated 2.25 based on 20 reviews