the saleroom Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend the saleroom
07AM
7AM

How would you rate the saleroom ?

"BUYERS. if you want your PERSONAL DATE COMPROMISED, then the sale room is your BEST OPTION. They take all your personal data, bank account details, address, etc for registration which they then approve. Then when you go to log in, your account is IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED for an unknown reason - but they still retain all your PERSONAL DATA. this is totally dishonest - unprofessional and BUYERS - who are not supported in the event of a query, should be aware of this. Go find another honest, trust worthy and cheaper platform to buy on the internet. There are many out there who are HONEST and do not steal your personal data for their own use."
Are you the saleroom? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback the saleroom receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Now

Get instant access to your Reviews Dashboard.

Your email address needs to be a business email matching http://the-saleroom.com.

;
"The sale room is ANTI BUYERS. Just interested in the auction houses, some of which are "questionable" by not even having the items they are auctioning, so the poor buyers have to pay the auction house, plus the saleroom scandalous fees and THEN PAY THE REAL SELLER AS WELL. All of which is condoned by the s/r who refuse to deal with such methods and of course support the auction house and not the buyer who has a legitimate complaint about such practises.Arrogant, inefficient, totally computer reliant, unbelievably unprofessional, unable to deal FAIRLY with complaints, just interested in their huge fees. BUYERS. Look around for the other platforms to buy your goods, somne very honest, cheaper and PROFESSIONAL. AND FAIR TO BUYERS."
"The saleroom is only interested in the auction houses they suppoort. Buyers - who pay them 3% and their grievances totally ignored.. there are always two sides to a grievance but the s/r dont seem to understand that - just interested in collecting their scandalous 3%. My case? they confuse me with someone else & whilst having approved me one day, suspend me the next without me even bidding. THATs COMPUTERS FOR YOU. Buyers be aware - read the reviews from real humans who get shafted by the s/r. there are other more honest platforms to bid on out there.AVOID THE SALE ROOM.WHO DONT EVEN REPLY TO QUESTIONS ABOUT SUSPENSION. Cheats."
"in 2017 I discovered thesaleroom.com and the prices were about the same as if you attended the auction in person meaning I was able to buy at dealer prices and take the risk and then sell to people on ebay and other websites where they didn't take any risk as they were protected by EU law and had 14 days cooling off period. 2018 and the prices now are coming in at the price I charge my own customers. (after you add the buyers premium at 27% to 33 % to the hammer price) only I have no protection. With an auction what you get is what you keep even if its garbage. Thats the risk I as a dealer was taking and in return I sold with full return options to my end user at a profit. Seems my own target market is now using thesaleroom.com only they're paying the same money they would pay for retail only without ANY protection normally associated with online retail purchases. Auction houses have a bad reputation some more than others. Thesaleroom.com do not get involved with disputes like eBay would so if and when you have an issue its between you and the auction house NOT you and thesaleroom.com Bottom line many people are flocking here in hopes of getting a deal after the marketing from thesaelroom.com and they think its like eBay in the sense they're protected, but it isn't and they're not so they leave negative reviews because they had not realised what they were getting involved with before they placed their bids The prices have doubled in a year because there are much more bidders now. The auction houses have improved their photos to entice the plentiful amount of potential bidders but you are still taking a risk and because you have next to no buyer protection "because" auction houses are exempt from retail laws."
"In all my years in buying and selling at auction houses. I have never come across a shambolic auction house like these guys. Not only did my telephone bid not happen. But I was offered the same lot 2 weeks later by the auction house because the winning bidder never paid. Only to find, after the offer was made and duly accepted by myself, they now reneged on the offering. I found them to be unreliable, incompetent, unprofessional and frankly dishonest. These people are amateurs and do not know what they are doing. It seems they have upset many others. My advice to you is sell or buy somewhere else and AVOID 'Stroud Auction Rooms'!"
"nick runs a very professional company and his knowledge and experience is excellent his staff are polite and friendly but I don't understand how the people that complain speak to the staff so rudely trust me nick valued things from a 4 storey house in Cheltenham and the made good money if your selling junk then go to a car boot don't abuse nick and his staff also nick has a guy called paul that clears houses he is a pro in his work fully cleared a 4 storey house that was full in 6 days and that included a garage what a top man I will reccomende nick and paul to everyone its a shame the moaning reviewer haven't got a life"
"The Saleroom plays host to some of the worst behaving auction houses in the Industry and does not in the least police its members practices: A good example is STROUD AUCTIONS which runs a multi-level scam, starting an item at the buyer's "highest bid" level even when it is far higher than the published starting bid and when no buyer has a higher bid programmed. This happened to me recently. THEN, after collecting price and postage, they ship the item smashed in pieces, so well packaged that there is not the slightest chance the damage occured in transit. My credit card company intervened to cancel both charges (auction price and shipping) but I was lucky. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"My account was suspended after failing to pay an auction house within 72 hours. I telephoned the Saleroom only to be told I wasn't able to be trusted. After explaining I had been in hospital receiving cancer treatment I was asked to prove this was the case. When I asked whether it was ethical or legal to share confidential information with a third party I didn't know and had no idea whether the information would be shared, I was told by a very snotty woman in admin that she said the information would be shared with the auction house at which I had bid. My advice is avoid at all costs."
"just a terrible customer experience!, pompous staff who all think they are very much above their own positions, rotten from top to bottom,AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"
"Having used the Salesroom.com for a number of years I was really disappointed to experience how bad their customer service was once a problem arose. The Saleroom.com provides a convenient service for searching auction catalogues and for online bidding for most antique auctions across the country. The problem appears that the Saleroom.com is not concerned whether their service is used by a good or bad auction house - and there are a few really poor, verging on the criminal, auction houses. I came across one of these very poor auction houses recently (Stroud Auction Rooms) via the Saleroom.com. After paying for and collecting my item from the auctioneer (which in itself was a rude and aggressive customer services experience), I was later charged through my card logged with the Saleroom.com an additional £20 late payment fee. Stonewalled by the auctioneer, I turned to the Saleroom.com where I was dealt with by a customer support supervisor. After proving that my payment was not late (with bank statements) and chasing over a 7 week period, I was simply informed that they could not deal with my complaint. Obviously the auction house is a more important customer to them than me. I discovered that auction houses can access your (registered) card freely for 30 days post any sale through the Saleroom.com - That's not a problem when its a reputable auction house but when its an auction house that makes a point of being rude and aggressive and will not allow a complaint to reach a manager - then the Saleroom.com has to step in and take some responsibility. It would appear that this auction house is notorious for this kind of behaviour - a simple google search says it all... Buyers beware... Your card details are not safe."
the saleroom is rated 1.60 based on 10 reviews