the saleroom Reviews

of reviewers recommend the saleroom

Tell us how the saleroom made you happy
Do not help the bidder from rogue auction houses who charge fortunes for post and packaging after the event...no meditation between bidder and auction house....auction house always right apparently......terrible customer service.....avoid and telephone bid direct with the auction house...
Jekyll and Hyde Customer Service I quote one of your the previous reviewers who stated in his review some months ago "When we attempted to address the problem with them just some rude woman said there is nothing she can do and stated she was too busy and hung up" We had exactly the same experience but it was interesting that when problem arose in the first place, the woman that we spoke to was all sweetness and light because she had made an error. We then made a mistake and the same woman was rude and obnoxious and slammed the phone down in the same manner as quoted above. We will not be dealing with this auction house again and it would be a great favour to us if Stroud Auction Rooms could arrange for us to be banned from using their services in the future just in case we accidently expose ourselves to this member of their Customer Services Department again.
TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I have been using the Saleroom for bidding online at various different auction houses for several years. I never encountered a problem before, but unfortunately in April I was scammed by an auction house (London Auctions Chiswick) that I used through The Saleroom. Essentially I won an item, paid for it, sent a courier to collect it and he was told it was 'missing'. After calling the auction to confirm it was definitely there, I sent him again, and when he arrived, again it was apparently 'missing'. Two months on and they've basically stolen my money and refuse to give me the item, but there's been no talk of a refund either. After I was getting nowhere with the Auction House, I contacted The Saleroom, thinking surely they would do something about this. After complaining to the Saleroom and sending emails back and forth for over a month, they eventually sent me a message saying they had logged the complaint but would do NOTHING. This means they just completely allow scammers and dodgy auction houses to use their website, and they take ZERO responsibility for anything that goes wrong. I'm appalled at their lack of support, and the lack of recourse for the auction house - surely they should be banned from the website, and I should be refunded? Either way, I'm beyond disappointed with the lack of help that was offered by them and I think it's horrific that they allow auction houses like that to work via their website and scam people out of money. I would avoid them at all costs, and instead try bidding directly via auction houses' websites, or using other sites such as invaluable.
Visited us at home and gave honest valuations,which proved to be very close to the prices we achieved at the sale.All items sold.Paperwork very comprehensive and kept us fully informed.
This was the first time used Stroud Action Rooms which was seen in a local paper. Misled on the value of vinyle records given by there representative and the true value not informed about until seen by the value-er but the value of other items were correct.
My friend and I have used Stroud Auction Rooms several times to date and would recommend to anyone. Unlike others in the area they never make you feel inferior or that you are wasting their time even if your items are of no great value. We have always found the staff friendly and helpful. We also had a home visit recently and they arrived on time, didn't make us feel rushed at all and we will definitely use them in the future.
Be very aware if your buying from Stroud Auction Rooms via The Saleroom and internet bidding, I spent many thousands of pounds and although the staff were friendly and very polite there were no boxes available so be advised to take your own, I ended up with a car full of loose diecast models which took hours to collect and load. Look very closely at the pictures or phone them for a condition report on each item as the descriptions are very vague and they do not give the condition of the items, many of my lots were either broken in there original boxes or repainted models which would have swayed me not to buy those lots. May I add that it would be very doubtful if I use them again, I have found other auction houses selling toys a bit more switched on. Quick up date I have just been banned from Stroud Auction Rooms 03/06/19 for giving them a truthful review, after a not so polite phone call from a rude lady I am very happy to be banned, If you do use them I wish you the very best of luck ! they are a lot worse than I first imagined.
Simply avoid buying via the saleroom. You pay extra but you get no protection or back up. It is a scam like booking.com or Airbnb. They take your money but don't get and support. It is a good search engine but that is it
this is company www.the-saleroom.com let pore auction houses like Clowes Nash Auctions Ltd well know at CNA-LTD THE GOT DIFERENT NAME TO CARRION WITH THE cam sale fake Rolex and parts on the web, you need to pay for the lots and after impossible to get any money back, i did lost about £3000 and the-saleroom don't help me with nothing never got any help from them
I have been to lots of auction rooms in the South -west and Stroud Auctions are definitely my favourite. Have bought and sold many times and have always been 100% happy. Staff are always pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful.I cant think of a single thing to be critical about. I have had some excellent prices when selling and lots of nice bargains when buying. What more can I want.
We have been delighted with the advice and expertise delivered by Stroud Auctions. They recently sold a refectory table and chairs, the resulting price exceeded expectations. We will certainly use them again.
Having read some of these reviews,I find it difficult to believe they refer to Stroud Auctions. I can only think that they are connected in some way with an axe to grind. I have dealt with them several times over the past three or four years and have always found them to be welcoming,helpful and professional. As an example of their professionalism, I had cause to use them for some items which another auction house, providing probate valuations, had dismissed as near worthless. Among these items were three Chinese bowls which subsequently fetched well over £5,000. So you can imagine how pleased I was with the result. I have only given them 4 out of 5 stars because I almost never give 5 as this is an indication of perfection which, as we all know, is a practical impossibility. I am not a dealer.
EXCELLENT STAFF AT STROUD AUCTIONS ALWAYS VERY FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT IN EVERY WAY EXTREMELY RELIABLE SO TOTALLY PROFESSIONAL ESPECIALLY NICK AND ALEX AS OFFICE MANAGER AND VALUER AND PATRICK FOR HIS MILITARY EXPERTISE AND MIKE FOR GREAT COIN KNOWLEDGE MICHAEL WILLS
Stroud auction , what great place Staff very friendly always want to help . Meet the owner called nick, he helped me get set up into the auction and I even bought a car from there. Will be going again
Terrible service the web page freezes i ended up with an item i did not bid on and when i called to complain they banned me from all auctions online. The worse part was they then continued to ban everyone else who uses the same ip address as me so my partner, and some work colleagues. When we attempted to address the problem with them just some rude woman said there is nothing she can do and stated she was too busy and hung up.
BUYERS. if you want your PERSONAL DATE COMPROMISED, then the sale room is your BEST OPTION. They take all your personal data, bank account details, address, etc for registration which they then approve. Then when you go to log in, your account is IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED for an unknown reason - but they still retain all your PERSONAL DATA. this is totally dishonest - unprofessional and BUYERS - who are not supported in the event of a query, should be aware of this. Go find another honest, trust worthy and cheaper platform to buy on the internet. There are many out there who are HONEST and do not steal your personal data for their own use.
The sale room is ANTI BUYERS. Just interested in the auction houses, some of which are "questionable" by not even having the items they are auctioning, so the poor buyers have to pay the auction house, plus the saleroom scandalous fees and THEN PAY THE REAL SELLER AS WELL. All of which is condoned by the s/r who refuse to deal with such methods and of course support the auction house and not the buyer who has a legitimate complaint about such practises.Arrogant, inefficient, totally computer reliant, unbelievably unprofessional, unable to deal FAIRLY with complaints, just interested in their huge fees. BUYERS. Look around for the other platforms to buy your goods, somne very honest, cheaper and PROFESSIONAL. AND FAIR TO BUYERS.
The saleroom is only interested in the auction houses they suppoort. Buyers - who pay them 3% and their grievances totally ignored.. there are always two sides to a grievance but the s/r dont seem to understand that - just interested in collecting their scandalous 3%. My case? they confuse me with someone else & whilst having approved me one day, suspend me the next without me even bidding. THATs COMPUTERS FOR YOU. Buyers be aware - read the reviews from real humans who get shafted by the s/r. there are other more honest platforms to bid on out there.AVOID THE SALE ROOM.WHO DONT EVEN REPLY TO QUESTIONS ABOUT SUSPENSION. Cheats.
in 2017 I discovered thesaleroom.com and the prices were about the same as if you attended the auction in person meaning I was able to buy at dealer prices and take the risk and then sell to people on ebay and other websites where they didn't take any risk as they were protected by EU law and had 14 days cooling off period. 2018 and the prices now are coming in at the price I charge my own customers. (after you add the buyers premium at 27% to 33 % to the hammer price) only I have no protection. With an auction what you get is what you keep even if its garbage. Thats the risk I as a dealer was taking and in return I sold with full return options to my end user at a profit. Seems my own target market is now using thesaleroom.com only they're paying the same money they would pay for retail only without ANY protection normally associated with online retail purchases. Auction houses have a bad reputation some more than others. Thesaleroom.com do not get involved with disputes like eBay would so if and when you have an issue its between you and the auction house NOT you and thesaleroom.com Bottom line many people are flocking here in hopes of getting a deal after the marketing from thesaelroom.com and they think its like eBay in the sense they're protected, but it isn't and they're not so they leave negative reviews because they had not realised what they were getting involved with before they placed their bids The prices have doubled in a year because there are much more bidders now. The auction houses have improved their photos to entice the plentiful amount of potential bidders but you are still taking a risk and because you have next to no buyer protection "because" auction houses are exempt from retail laws.
the saleroom is rated 2.35 based on 26 reviews