the saleroom Reviews

17% of reviewers recommend the saleroom

How would you rate the saleroom ?

"In all my years in buying and selling at auction houses. I have never come across a shambolic auction house like these guys. Not only did my telephone bid not happen. But I was offered the same lot 2 weeks later by the auction house because the winning bidder never paid. Only to find, after the offer was made and duly accepted by myself, they now reneged on the offering. I found them to be unreliable, incompetent, unprofessional and frankly dishonest. These people are amateurs and do not know what they are doing. It seems they have upset many others. My advice to you is sell or buy somewhere else and AVOID 'Stroud Auction Rooms'!"
"nick runs a very professional company and his knowledge and experience is excellent his staff are polite and friendly but I don't understand how the people that complain speak to the staff so rudely trust me nick valued things from a 4 storey house in Cheltenham and the made good money if your selling junk then go to a car boot don't abuse nick and his staff also nick has a guy called paul that clears houses he is a pro in his work fully cleared a 4 storey house that was full in 6 days and that included a garage what a top man I will reccomende nick and paul to everyone its a shame the moaning reviewer haven't got a life"
"The Saleroom plays host to some of the worst behaving auction houses in the Industry and does not in the least police its members practices: A good example is STROUD AUCTIONS which runs a multi-level scam, starting an item at the buyer's "highest bid" level even when it is far higher than the published starting bid and when no buyer has a higher bid programmed. This happened to me recently. THEN, after collecting price and postage, they ship the item smashed in pieces, so well packaged that there is not the slightest chance the damage occured in transit. My credit card company intervened to cancel both charges (auction price and shipping) but I was lucky. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"My account was suspended after failing to pay an auction house within 72 hours. I telephoned the Saleroom only to be told I wasn't able to be trusted. After explaining I had been in hospital receiving cancer treatment I was asked to prove this was the case. When I asked whether it was ethical or legal to share confidential information with a third party I didn't know and had no idea whether the information would be shared, I was told by a very snotty woman in admin that she said the information would be shared with the auction house at which I had bid. My advice is avoid at all costs."
"just a terrible customer experience!, pompous staff who all think they are very much above their own positions, rotten from top to bottom,AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"
"Having used the Salesroom.com for a number of years I was really disappointed to experience how bad their customer service was once a problem arose. The Saleroom.com provides a convenient service for searching auction catalogues and for online bidding for most antique auctions across the country. The problem appears that the Saleroom.com is not concerned whether their service is used by a good or bad auction house - and there are a few really poor, verging on the criminal, auction houses. I came across one of these very poor auction houses recently (Stroud Auction Rooms) via the Saleroom.com. After paying for and collecting my item from the auctioneer (which in itself was a rude and aggressive customer services experience), I was later charged through my card logged with the Saleroom.com an additional £20 late payment fee. Stonewalled by the auctioneer, I turned to the Saleroom.com where I was dealt with by a customer support supervisor. After proving that my payment was not late (with bank statements) and chasing over a 7 week period, I was simply informed that they could not deal with my complaint. Obviously the auction house is a more important customer to them than me. I discovered that auction houses can access your (registered) card freely for 30 days post any sale through the Saleroom.com - That's not a problem when its a reputable auction house but when its an auction house that makes a point of being rude and aggressive and will not allow a complaint to reach a manager - then the Saleroom.com has to step in and take some responsibility. It would appear that this auction house is notorious for this kind of behaviour - a simple google search says it all... Buyers beware... Your card details are not safe."
the saleroom is rated 1.67 based on 6 reviews